2012 Twenty Wishes Challenge - Page 85
Page 85 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3575828384858687 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1291
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by daylily View Post
    Oh, I hope you ladies will be here for the 2013 Twenty Wishes. You are both an inspiration to me!

I second that!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope you don't leave FV, Peanut. I don't post often on this thread, but I follow it. I'm always impressed with how much you and Spirit Deer accomplish. Just reading the thread gives me a little push to work on my 20 wishes... so I really hope everyone signs on for the 2013 thread!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Peanut, let me know if you need any editing help. Just don't ask me about computer stuff.

I wonder if there isn't a more user-friendly DIY website-builder out there.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sure there is! But I just happened to know a computer science grad student who was willing to do this for free. She is showing me how to do it. Just won't see her till Saturday now. She uploaded her own style sheet. Would have been easier to use Weebly, WordPress or something JustHost is designed to work with. Ah well. Live and learn. It won't hurt me to learn a little html SD. I know some already, thanks to my children and earlier blogs/websites. Just forgot most of it.

You all are very flattering. Thanks for the vote of confidence. Glad I inspire someone. SD, you keep me on my toes! I like that. Your input has been invaluable this year. You're very creative in your solutions to problems, and very practical too. Just what I need to balance out my spontaneity and negative attitude (at times).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sooooooo. will there be a 2013 thread? Hmmmm???

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My 19th wish for 2011 was "Invite neighbors over for a vegetarian meal". I finally did that on Dec 9, 2012! I invited a couple and a lady and her daughter and grandson. The lady's husband passed away this summer. They all seemed to really enjoy the visit and the food and thanked us over and over. Later the one man called and thanked me again!

So little by little I make some progress!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Aw, shucks, Peanut.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Frugal Nurse, maybe you should just start one!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by peanut View Post
    Frugal Nurse, maybe you should just start one!
    What do I need to do?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Too late! I just posted the new thread for next year here: https://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/...post4111575133

I will ask Russ to sticky it. Peanut, do you want the 2012 list unstickied?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yep!! For sure SD. Onward and upward!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I never get as much done as I would like but there is always a little progress in many areas. One thing this challenge has done for me is help me to refine what I actually want to do, to be, to make, etc. I've found that my wishes change over time and some things I thought I really wanted to do, I don't care so much about now! It could be that if I finally reach my goal of decluttering all my spaces, some of those wishes might come back!

Thank you SD, for starting the 2013 thread. Your post makes me want to jump right in and get started! I'm going to wait though. Next weekend, we're have a seminar at our church and will have 7-9 house guests for the weekend. I won't have time next week to put my list together, but I will be thinking about my twenty wishes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This was my first year doing the TW challenge and I have to say, my husband and I really enjoyed it. We hoped to get more done, but we got quite a bit done and overall we are pleased with our progress.

We haven't decided yet what will be on our list for 2013, but I'm hoping we get even more done. It has helped us so much to have that focus. We have our TW list framed on our dining table where we eat most of the time, so it's a constant reminder. We sometimes argue (in jest) about who gets to take the red pen and make the line through completed projects! We both love that. It's like putting a period at the end of the sentence when we get to the point of crossing things off. So we're looking forward to next year's challenge.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Glad you were able to work on 20 Wishes with your hubby SD. Mine won't give them the time of day. But that's his problem. I just learned early on that the 20 Wishes are only for me and my personal expenditure of time/energy. It's unfortunate.

I feel as if we're always fighting against each other in either one area or another of our lives. If we could get on the same map and work on the same things at the same time we might see considerable forward movement. But that hasn't happened the last 32 years, and I don't see it happening anytime soon. It's not sad, just is what it is.

In a way it's freeing, because I have one less person to be concerned about in my goal setting. As long as my goals don't interfere with him, he couldn't care less what I do!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Some of our goals, I can't do alone, like the deck. Well, I could have, but it would have been so much harder. I have done stuff like that alone in the past and always figured out some way. Except the time I made my husband drive home from work when we lived in Minneapolis, the day I could not be on the second floor and the first floor at the same time to get the soil line snapper I had rented into place by myself when I had to snap the sewer line in the bathroom I was gutting. LOL. That's the only time I can think of though. I've hauled water heaters into basements and installed them by myself and all sorts of things. My husband usually can't figure out how I've done it. But it's often easier with two. It helps that my husband is as cheap as I am and the last contractors we hired cost us over $100/hour plus materials. He doesn't want to part with money for labor if we can avoid it either.

We've had our go-rounds in the last 37 years too, but who else would put up with us? We're usually on the same page on the big stuff.