2012 Twenty Wishes Challenge - Page 86
Page 86 of 87 FirstFirst ... 36768384858687 LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1291
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was going over my list and I will do a wrap up when I get some of my financial figures in and some of the books I read added.

I do want to do 2013 and the wishes I didn't get to in 2012 are going to be on my new list because I do actually want to get these things done. It feels like you have so much time to get it done and then...you don't. I mean it's a year...that should be easy right?! lol But, no. However, I did get a lot accomplished and I'd like to continue.

I don't post a lot (and I'll try to be better) but my list is on my mind and I do refer to it a lot to check my progress.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WB, Colleen! It's nice to see you again. It's good to hear your list has helped you, even if you don't post a lot.

It's funny how something as simple as a limited list can help a person focus. I've made lists before, but they go on for pages and pages and never end, which makes it all feel too overwhelming and then we don't get anything done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I think that's the beauty of 20 Wishes. It forces you to set priorities.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

And not just priorities, peanut. There were things on my list that I thought I really wanted to do that I ended up disliking or ignoring. It forced me to evaluate my own interests and values, and that will impact next year's list as well. The 20 wishes are good for exploring what really interests you and what sounds interesting but actually isn't. I eliminated wishes that I wanted to do because others were doing. I eliminated wishes that I found boring or uninteresting. That left me with the wishes I really wanted to pursue.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm thinking I need a TW list, plus a Use It Up list to prioritize some of those things I want to get done myself.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Final Update

I enjoyed this challenge very much. I can see where I totally dropped the ball and dragged my feet. Some of them seemed so simple yet I didn't accomplish them..something to think about. I have gone over my list and separated it in what I did do and what I didn't finish. Some of them are partially done but I didn't count them as done....I was tempted lol but I didn't. I hope to be better this year. I think I was about 50% totally completed..not exactly setting the world on fire but the important ones I did...like savings and my EF. I am very proud of those.

2012 Wishes Final Update

Wishes I completed.

Read 12 books - I read 15

Listen to 12 audio books - I listened to 13

7000.00 in my savings - 7016.01

1000.00 in EF fund - 1010.00

De clutter Apartment

Plant herb garden

Organize pics

Finish a puzzle

Get a safety deposit box

Watch my entire collection of I Love Lucy dvds

Finish my will.

Wishes that I didnít quite make it

Lose 55 lbs....ah no....I was all over the place on this one. I had lost 20 at one time and gained it back.

Complete 12 craft projects. I did 9/12. I got back into needlework but it was late in the year and Iím a slow stitcher.

Get out of debt. I have 100.00 left to pay on a cpl ccs but thatís it for cc debt!

Make bread from scratch. I have a bread maker and Iíve used it but I want to do it by hand. Iím a sceeered of yeast lol I did this as a child so not sure whatís up with that.

Make cinnamon rolls from scratch.

Get passport. My pic was ugly and this was just a no go.

Monthly pampering. I did ok but missed a few months.

Go to a Red Sox game. The boyfriend got us tickets and then got sick so we never made it.

Give up caffeine....honestly I donít know if Iíll ever get this one because I LIKE my diet coke!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You did great! Nothing to be ashamed of there.

I would count a CC paid off if it only had a $100 balance that would be paid off the next payment. That's great!

I never thought about doing wills as part of the TW. We finished ours a couple weeks ago. It's a relief to have that done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Way to go, Colleen! That's a lot of goals completed. Progress to be proud of!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Colleen! great job!!!! I'd consider that last $100 as .. debt paid in full. Phoohey on that $100.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

1. Buy vintage solid wood bedroom furniture pieces at reasonable cost, paint, and add new knobs. DONE

2. Organize closets through decluttering/donating and use of storage/organization materials. Better, but not done. Hard to gauge when something like this is "done."

3. Save $15k. Erm, halfway there?

4. Update my work and personal wardrobe with quality key pieces. DONE - I added several dresses and blazers along with boots, and have been wearing them interchangeably.

5. Have my vintage settee refinished and reupholstered. Refinished, but not reupholstered. Will add to 2013 Wishes.

6. Use a time-saving cooking method weekly (slow cooker, OAMC, homemade mixes, etc). Abandoned goal - I will modify for 2013.

7. Plant a container garden with at least 2 veggies. Abandoned goal - we were overrun with produce from my mother and grandmother, with no need to grow our own.

8. Replace ceiling fans in bedrooms. DONE

9. Learn to work with yeast dough and make pizza crusts, cinnamon rolls, and so on from scratch. Abandoned goal - did not have the time.

10. Paint all bedrooms. DONE

11. Have den and foyer painted. DONE

12. Finish all incomplete craft projects with minimal purchase of new supplies. Halfway there

13. Decide upon and complete one landscaping project. Abandoned goal - we moved to another house and I just decorated the porch for fall.

14. Learn to use a sewing machine. Abandoned goal - annnnd, I have been content to let my mother use her machine for me when I have a need for something to be hemmed :-p

15. Drop 2 sizes through consistent exercise and healthy eating.Let's not go there ...

16. Have the VHS home movies of my childhood transferred to DVD. I never was able to get the VHS copies from my great-aunt.

17. Read at least 2 books a month (hard copy or Kindle). DONE

18. Stay current on my work-related paperwork and documentation. DONE

19. Try one new recipe a month. Success maybe 6 months?

20. Take supplements daily for my health concerns. Much better - daily multivitamin plus a few others as I remembered!

So that's 7 out of 20 Wishes accomplished, but several of my wishes had pitfalls re: clear starts/ends, and I also revised them in an overly ambitious way when we sold our house and moved. I also did not anticipate that I would be replacing my car which affected financial goals. 2013 will be my 3rd year of writing out wishes, but by george, I may actually come up with a reasonable list this time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You did fantastic! I know you did a ton of work that was not on your TW list, so even though you're not counting that, it still took a lot of time away from your listed goals.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You gals did pretty good (okay, really good) for your first year at this! Congratulations!

My year end review hasn't changed much from the beginning of December.

2012 Twenty Wishes

1. Develop a giving plan & keep a giving journal - DONE
    2. Make something for sale each week. - DONE
    3. Piece a quilt top every month. - dropped quickly when I realized I had to focus on rug hooking
    4. Sell crafts at 2 or more craft sales, and online. - DONE. Sold at 4.
    5. Improve my spiritual life through monthly retreats, daily prayer time and weekly Bible study. - Daily prayer time and devotions no problem. Weekly Bible study more of an issue, but managed it about 1/4 of the year. Only one or two monthly retreats because they garnered material to work on for six months!
    6. Renovations - utility room, north fence, revamp front yard. - utility room and north fence done. Not the front yard.
    7. Plan and maintain patio garden with DH. - DONE
    8. Improve health by losing 34 lbs. - DONE (modified – only lost 20 lbs. and achieved goal)
    9. Eat healthy - DONE
    10. Exercise 5x/week - working on this now, but I'm sick with a cold at the moment.
    11. Do affirmations daily. - did these when I could find them and remember them. Need a different system for next year.
    12. Keep a balanced budget for my allowance. - DONE
    13. Spend one morning a week in nature. - Didn't happen
    14. Continue fibre arts education. Focus on rug hooking. - DONE
    15. Build a network of creative people. - DONE
    16. Acquire teacher training to teach workshops. - DONE
    17. Set up a website to sell e-books and products. - Working on right now.
    18. Write e-book. - Working on my GF, DF, SF Cookbook.
    19. Do a piece of rug hooking every month. - DONE
    20. Learn to take better photographs of my craft projects for selling online. - DONE

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I suppose I should do a final update, too. Overall we're satisfied with what we got done, even though we didn't come close to finishing the entire list.

It looks like we got 11/25 done, with several others partially completed.

1. Work in house office one hour every workday. Husband has made a lot of progress in there, with a long way to go. At least it's on his radar now.
    2. Install new kitchen light. DONE.
    3. Install kitchen trim. Can't find something we like.
    4. Install new stove hood. Partially completed. Light works but vent needs to be installed.
    5. Install shelf/pot rack over sink. DONE.
    6. Finish wiring in front addition. Tried, but it looks like this is going to be a job for the pros.
    7. Sand, paint, and install cabinet by side door. Still not done, and it's been sitting around in the way for months.
    8. Install dedicated circuit for microwave. Not yet.
    9. Paint skirting and decks. Only got east side of skirting done.
    10. Install jacks under back porch and living room. Still waiting.
    11. Sort and de-clutter east side of garage. No, but we made major progress on west wall, so I'm counting that instead.
    12. Finish installing stove pipe in living room. DONE, and stove is installed.
    13. Build cat loft/shelves by fireplace. Canceled. Trying to convince husband we need to rip out wood fireplace and install a wall of storage, display, and TV shelving instead.
    14. Make shade cloth for back porch. Made shade cloth for front windows instead, since there is no longer a freezer to keep cool in the back porch.
    15. Move computer into house office. DONE.
    16. Build access panel under breaker box. DONE.
    17. De-clutter and organize guest room. Some progress, with far to go.
    18. Apply sealer to garage floor. Not done.
    19. Modify pot rack shelf. DONE.
    20. Create workable menus for OAMC using Weight Watchers recipes. DONE.
    21. Finish back porch trim. Not yet.
    22. Finish installation of knotty pine in living room. DONE.
    23. Cut and install two kitchen counters. Not done.
    24. Build frame and install decking on new deck. Goal exceeded.
    25. Finish two quilts UFOs using materials already on hand. Not done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great job SD! Considering some of the items on your list. You had some biggies. I think you need a full time construction/reno crew at your place for about half a year to get everything finished! I am purposely leaving all renos off my 20 Wishes list, because DH would have a bird if I picked up a hammer and tried to do something myself. It has to be perfect, or it doesn't get done around here. Mostly it doesn't get done. Ah well. I am happy with my list too. I accomplished quite a bit this year on my personal goals...and that was the plan.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I drifted away from these forums for a number of months last year, but I wanted to update my wishes. I altered them quite a bit from when I first posted; this is the complete list I had been working towards in 2012:

Home
    1. Have a lovely, warm, welcoming, tidy home.
    - Re-organise house.
    Each month, choose one room in the house to decorate/clean/organise.
    - When decorating/re-organising is done, on my first day off work of each month do a 'deep clean'.
    - Daily-dos: open windows and wipe down, plus put half hour washing cycle on in morning. Then dry washing, put washing away, tidy, bathroom wipe, dishes, dinner.
    - Weekly dos: bathroom clean, vacuum, mop, change bed, wash mats.
    Completed. Would like to build on this in 2013.

2. Welcome a pet into the home.
    Not completed due to discovering the severity of SO’s allergies in 2012.

3. Have a mould-free home.
    Completed. It has just started to creep back in the last couple of days.

Driving
    4. Feel more confident driving alone in the car.
    Completed. Need to build on this in 2013.

Cooking
    5. Expand baking/meal cookbook of recipes.
    Completed - especially with some really lovely new baking recipes. Want to build on this.

Work and School
    6. To have a job I love even after my contract ends in July.
    Success.

7. Get 2:1 grades on my certificate course.
    Success.

Money
    8. Increase personal savings by at least £100 a month.
    Surpassed this! Saved £750 per month between the two of us for about 6 months

9. Go on holiday to Paris in July (Disneyland woo!)
    Success. Even got engaged here

10. Have a clearer plan for the wedding.
    Working on it.

Health
    11. Reach and maintain 8st 3
    Partial success. Varied between 8st 3 and 8st 6 for most of 2012. Put on weight over Christmas though.

14. Be more assertive.
    Improvement.

15. Dress better to suit my shape and keep my hair looking nice (cut every month/two months).
    Much better than 2011.

16. Donate to/get involved with a charity.
    Completed.

17. Give blood regularly / Join Anthony Nolan register.
    Completed.