2012 Twenty Wishes Challenge - Page 9
Page 9 of 87 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

5. Improve my spiritual life through monthly retreats, daily prayer time and weekly Bible study. - started a weekly Bible study today. I think my plan will do it DH's first day back at work each week.

9. Eat healthy - I am actually just eating green smoothies today. I am so not hungry. I feel very fat. And it is a struggle to eat the quantity of food the naturopath wants. I want to see if I can do the two day smoothie detox of the elimination diet she wants me to do. She isn't sure I can with my medication. That remains to be seen. If I am seriously this NOT hungry, then I don't think it will be a problem. But we'll see by 5 PM tonight. If suddenly I sprout hooves and start moo-ing, we'll know I can't do it.

12. Keep a balanced budget for my allowance. - Still working on this. I am struggling with a balance between savings and spending on building inventory for my craft business. I don't think I'm going to know what these things will cost for awhile. This year will definitely be a trial period for me.

17. Set up a website to sell e-books and products. - Listening to Pat Flynn of Smart Passive Income podcast on affiliate marketing. I don't think I want to get into affiliate marketing. I want to spend my time creating beautiful things. Still, it's interesting to see how I might market those things. Marketing is my downfall.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2.Finish the house DH & DS have agreed to work on the kitchen cabinets in January. I hope this happens! Today I went to town and bought a gallon of satin polyurethane and a gallon of paint thinner so we have everything we need to start finishing the cabinets.

19. write
    I started a credit course in creative writing in December. It will end February 3. I'm having fun with it. it's all online. I finished Lesson 7 last night and I'm working on Lesson 8.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

1. Finish my Mom's quilt I started - alot done today....sewed alot of squares
    5. Work through whole stash of yarn. - finished my cowl and started another
    8. Exercise 7 times per week. - 45 minute walk/run today with 110 squats
    10. Improve and maintain my spiritual health by reading through the bible again this year. - read yesterdays reading last night before bed
    11. Organize paperwork from last three years. - a little done today
    12. Follow new diet plan outlined by dietician for optimum health. - went over today....
    13. Quit smoking. - day 10 of no smoking

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am so happy for your 10th smoke-free day! You are doing great

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I put another coat of sealer on the shelves today. I'll finish that up tomorrow and hope to get them installed soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hooked more rug today.

A monkey wrench was thrown into my January plans. My brother sent an email notifying the family he and his wife were separated. Now their son is 18 she's gone back to live with Mama and Daddy. Yes, I know, it was a very dysfunctional relationship. I'm off to go visit him for a while sometime next week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Alright, I have my revised list. Finally I have 20 goals that I feel are obtainable, and that I'm excited about. Here is the new list:

1) Read the bible in a year ((Of course I am keeping this one. I'm still meandering through Genesis at the moment.))

2) Lose 25 lbs ((Down 2 pounds so far. ))

3) Walk 10,000 steps per day ((I think this is more measurable than my other exercise goals were. I have a pedometer and will be checking in daily.))

4) Open a Roth IRA ((I'm hoping to complete this sometime this month. Maybe Monday on my day off, if the office is open on Presidents Day.))

5) Finished detailed notes for at least 1 textbook ((I have 5 different textbooks that pertain to my profession that I've been meaning to take detailed notes of. The notes would be typed on the computer, so that I could get rid of the textbook and get some space back.))

6) Use up all of the fabric in the fabric drawer ((My fabric drawer is bursting at the seams. I think using it up before starting new projects would be the best use of my time.))

7) Learn some sketching skills & fill 1 sketchbook ((I have several nice sketchbooks lying around, along with some decent art supplies. I want to learn to draw something.))

8) Keep a Q&A Journal for a year ((Still doing this one. It's going well.))

9) Plant a small vegetable garden ((My supplies shipped. Just waiting on delivery now.))

10) Write a novel ((I've always wanted to do this. I'm working on some ideas now, trying to develop a plot. I'm one of those people who needs to know every detail before they write.))

11) Set up a bird feeder area/butterfly garden ((I used to have one, but I let it fall apart. I've ordered seeds for some milkweed plants that monarch butterflies like so much.))

12) Take 2000 pictures or more ((179/2000 taken))

13) Take another sewing class ((I took a class last month at Joanne Fabrics, and made an awesome jacket. It was alot of fun, and I'd like to try at least one other class.))

14) Add $5000 to savings ((I fully funded my emergency fund last year, per Dave Ramsey. Now I'm adding to my savings in anticipation of buying a house some day.))

15) Give to charity monthly ((I've allocated funds for this, just waiting on my paycheck this week to complete January's giving.))

16) Walk on treadmill twice a week ((Starting small here. I hope to do some treadmill walking tonight.))

17) Play every video game I own to completion ((I love video games. I purged my collection years ago, but I still have a bunch lying around. First step here is to inventory what games I have.))

18) Grow my hair out & donate to Locks of Love again ((Still growing...I doubt there will be any real updates for this until I get a haircut and complete the goal.))

19) Finish 2 spool knit rugs for desk chair ((First rug is in the works.))

20) Cook a new recipe every month ((I would like to be able to cook more than just pasta and pizza. Not sure yet what January's recipe will be...))

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Gotta make a little trip to Vancouver next week for a week or two. So I'm going to try to finish up my rug hooking piece and sewing projects before I go.

Everyone's doing great! WTG!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Can't you take a rug project with you, Peanut? It might help you stay on track with eating. I eat when I'm in stressful situations, and keeping my hands busy helps a lot.

Cedar, check out National Novel Writing Month which will be in November. That might interest you. I did it one year and it did help push me to sort of finish another one.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The rug frame would be too big to pack. I plan on finishing the small canola rug this week. I'm only taking carry-on because I don't know what Dbro has planned for a pick up at the other end for sure yet. This might change. I might be to the point where I could take the finished rug to whip the edge next week though...hmmm...Course I could take some backing to draw rugs on...or maybe break from my usual way of doing things and take a sketchbook to draw a design before putting it on backing. Hmmm...

I've been thinking my stress buster might be re-writing my books into e-book format. And possibly some knitting. Don't know what I can take on the airplane in carry-on though. ETA: I'm looking at something that doesn't require good lighting to do. Dbro's place is very bad for lighting. I was going to take embroidery, but I don't think I'll be able to see to do it. ETA: Hold it! I have a portable OTT light! But then I'd definitely have to move to a larger suitcase...hmm...I still need to take clothes!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like projects that don't require much concentration would be good.

I read a tip on Rav to take knitting needles you wouldn't be heartbroken to lose in case they get confiscated. And don't take a scissor, take a dental floss container to cut yarn and thread.

I'm sure you'll think of something.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

11. Read my affirmations today. Might add to them.

10. Exercised today, and yesterday. So I'm keeping up with that.

9. Found out I can't do the two day detox for the elimination diet. I get light headed. So I'll will just proceed as the naturopath suggested.

8. Weight loss is showing too. I'm down a pound from two days ago.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got the sealer on both new kitchen shelves. Both are going to be tricky to install, so I'm not looking forward to it, especially the one over the sink. It has to be fairly exact, and there's not much room for error. I also have to make holes in the sides of nice new cabinets, never my favorite thing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

still out of robe.. dressed by 1:00 today got up late....taking are of sassy. she is grumpy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

1. Finish my Mom's quilt I started - more squares sewn this afternoon
    5. Work through whole stash of yarn. - started another cowl using yarn from stash
    6. Work through and use whole stash of fabric. - used more fabric from stash for quilt
    8. Exercise 7 times per week. - 45 minute walk this morning and 110 squats
    10. Improve and maintain my spiritual health by reading through the bible again this year. - yesterdays readings done last night before bed
    12. Follow new diet plan outlined by dietician for optimum health. - did well yesterday until late last night....ate everything and paid for it today...feel like crap!!! That should teach me a lesson. Today I am back on track.
    13. Quit smoking. - day 11
    19. Take photographs 3 times per week to increase photography skills and portfolio - took photos yesterday

Page 9 of 87 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959 ... LastLast