2013 photo challenge
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default 2013 photo challenge

This can be taken however you want to interpret it. Take more photos, organize photos, scrapbook photos, display photos. You decide what you want to do.

I must deal with our photo's!! I have 18years of photos in boxes. Nothing out. I'm working at putting them in rough chronological order, first in boxes, and then in pocket sleeves, to be scrapbooked at some point.

But I have a 2nd goal here. I discovered a new way to scrapbook! Do a search for Project Life. dreamieland | where dreams come true, in paper and glue here is one blog. I've come to think of Project Life not so much as a brand but as a concept. Kinda like kleenex is used for tissues, or pampers for a disposable diaper. I am hoping to document 2013 this way. It's not just about the special moments but about our lives all the time. I have some 5 pocket sleeve albums, that I plan to use, but I do have a kit too. I think I'll be doing a combination of the 2. We'll see. But with so many years to do, once the photos are all sorted in the albums, I'll be starting to do past years too.

Any one overwhelmed by photos too?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I tried scrapbooking 18 years worth of pictures and the task was too daunting. Instead I scanned every blessed photo of each of my children and made photo books out of every picture. So, each child has thier own memory book.

What I would like to do is:
    1) scan every single picture of me, and mine.
    2) put the pics (including the kids) on thumb drives and store in firebox
    3) ask for an electronic photo frame as a gift to display all my pictures.

Thats my challenge

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I totally agree!

I got my parents a photo/slide/negative scanner for Christmas. I will soon have my own childhood pictures.

I intend to organize all the printed photos, and place them in some rough order. And then scan them one mom is ready to share her scanner..lol.

I am going to talk to dh about getting a safety deposit box. Our insurance would pay to reprint all pictures if we have the negatives, digital copies to work from in the event of a fire. We could get a portable drive that we update routinely.

The project life isn't really scrapbooking. It's pretty cool. I still have most of my braincells and remember why I took certain sequences of photos, so i could add a journal card within the page. so if I have things in an order, then I can do some of that for the kids. Considering doing it digitally for the kids, so then if they want to, they could get it printed at some time.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I need to figure out how to scrapbook and where to have prints made in our little town. I have a feeling it's going to be costly.

Whatever you do, LABEL your pics! We recently had to toss several large boxes of pics dating back over a hundred years. We didn't know who the people were or if they were even related, and there is no one left who would know. There was virtually no point in keeping them. It broke my heart.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, I always use Snapfish and several times a year they offer 'penny-a-print' specials. Or even 100 free prints just pay shipping which I think is very reasonable.
    Terry

Jan grocery 129.57/275.00
    Jan coupon 1.00
    YTD grocery
    YTD coupon

New Recipe 1/24
    Items repurposed
    Twenty wishes 0/20

as of 1-11

Personal challenge, 5 A Day
    put away, throw away, give away
    at least 5 items a day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

TOday, I had an unexpected day off from kids. mY 3 were at homeschool coop or school, 2 of my daycare were at preschool and the last one decided itwas a good day to go to grandpa's. So after getting chores done, which takes no time if there are no little people undoing it, I sat down at my craft desk and started my project life album!!!

It was so fun! And easy I even gave up worrying about my chicken scratch writing. It looks so cool with just whatever style writing. I did the title page, but need a picture of dh and i on it yet. Then since January is over, I am just doing a page for each kid. Hard to do for ds18, cause he's never around. But now, those 3 pages are done, dd15 I need a few more of hers printed. I also set up the paper for the next 4 pages or so. So tomorrow is a new month! Aiming for 1 picture a day. I am keeping a little note book to journal what happens every day, the little moments that make us, us. Not necessarily big events, but document our every day lives as they are. there will be special moments.

I started digging into the scrapbook paper pile I'll have to post a pic at some point, but I am thinking this is my year to document photos nicely into an album. It doesn't take much time. I'm not doing tons of embellishing, just cropping as i see fit, and rounding corners. I may do the journaling printed and trimmed into strips, not sure yet. Some may be, others maybe not. Mix.

To have done 4 pages, in under an hour is amazing. I find that if I pull out that 12x12 sheet of paper, it freezes me. I just grabbed my trimmed papers, and journal cards, arranged them in a color blend I liked, then started placing pics on top until I liked the order and VOILA! I had a page ready, just need adhesive.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mommy4ever View Post

I intend to organize all the printed photos, and place them in some rough order.
    To help you organize this. I scanned the photo and whoever was in the photo got that pic in their 'file' folder. if it were all three kids, then all three got the photo in their file folder. I saved the photo in the file folder as beginning with the first initial of their name and then a number after it.

I ordered the pics in order of age as best I could. This way, the order of the numbers corresponded to the order of the age.

I plan to start looking for my pics to scan. I have a lot on my plate this weekend and probably won't do it this weekend

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal Nurse View Post
    To help you organize this. I scanned the photo and whoever was in the photo got that pic in their 'file' folder. if it were all three kids, then all three got the photo in their file folder. I saved the photo in the file folder as beginning with the first initial of their name and then a number after it.

I ordered the pics in order of age as best I could. This way, the order of the numbers corresponded to the order of the age.

I plan to start looking for my pics to scan. I have a lot on my plate this weekend and probably won't do it this weekend

Thanks for this!!! I never thought of doing it that way before. I am looking forward to getting to this part too. To just have it on a hard drive ready(with dvd back ups as well, and possibly online storage) to copy to a dvd when they are ready for them, that will be nice

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh yeah - I so need to join - on several fronts - first to document what I am making and even more important - to first find and then scan all of the pictures of our DD - 26 1/2 years worth. I will definitely be learning how to do it all through your combined expertise! Can you scan onto an IPad?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I didn't get to do a whole bunch, but my album for 2013 is set up! I have started a journal for the project too. Just a dollar store one, that I am making notes on the various pictures we've taken that day.

I really wanted to take a picture of dh grocery shopping with me yesterday, it's been about 10 years..lol

He was pretty handy, he pushed the cart and watched my purse as I went about grabbing things and he mentally calculated what we spent. He figured $150, and it was $151.25.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mauimagic View Post
    Can you scan onto an IPad?
    No. not at this time. apple didn't think that far in advance.
    Do you have a printer scanner that you can scan to your computer/laptop?

WTG! Mommy4ever!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mauimagic View Post
    Oh yeah - I so need to join - on several fronts - first to document what I am making and even more important - to first find and then scan all of the pictures of our DD - 26 1/2 years worth. I will definitely be learning how to do it all through your combined expertise! Can you scan onto an IPad?

Maui, I'm not 100% of your question.

Do you want to use the ipad to scan directly? The best it can do is take a picture of the image. DD13 can get pretty good results, I tend to be angled. If there was a stand that could hold the ipad steady, the iPad 3, I think could do really well with that.

However, is you're wanting to scan from a scanner onto the iPad it is possible for sure. I just set up my wimpy little ipod to connect to my wireless printer. It can scan, and save to the ipod. I have an HP, Brother has an app too, so I imagine most wireless printers should be accessible. It took less than a minute to set up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mahalo friends - I am looking forward to playing around with all of the pictures - one at a time!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

So, I got some pictures printed for last week, 5/7 not bad. They are in the album, just need to put in journal cards. Have 3/7 pics so far for this week. Goal is 1 a day. Sometimes I have more, so I digitally crop them and put 2 per 4x6. If its from iPods sometimes it's 6 per 4x6

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

shoot! I could have done this over the blizzard weekend! darnit!
    Well, I have all year to complete this mission. I can do it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast