2015 Use It Up Challenge - Page 69
Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 195966676869
Results 1,021 to 1,028 of 1028
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Kimchi, lamentably, was purchased from a local Korean grocer. She apologized for not having time to make some for me. I'll try to make some kimchi pancake after Christmas and let you know if it's any good. That's what I usually use it for.

DH and I just chowed down on a lot of leftovers for supper. I'm trying to make room in the fridge for when company comes tomorrow. They're bringing food they say! My fridge and freezer are 90% full. I'm hoping they don't bring more than 10%.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have progressive lenses and don't seem to have a problem with them. I can't do close up with them either. Sitting at the table for puzzles and such they're ok I

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oops. Anyway when I'm working or reading in the recliner where I naturally hold the work or book I do much better without the glasses so I just take them off. Works great.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got the PUL and the flannel both today, one from Pennsylvania and one from Michigan. I'm surprised they came at the same time. Then again, maybe they didn't start out that far apart, come to think of it. At any rate, I have to shrink the flannel and get the PUL cut out. Then I can get started on the holders and liners. Oh, yeah, I have to round up something to make the holders out of too.

There was a perfect flannel sheet at GW today. I would have had to dye it but it was so soft and thick and looked like it had never been washed. I opted not to buy it because I want to make sure I want to do more of the Days for Girls sewing. But that's an incentive to get started, because if I find out I'm willing to do more of it, then maybe the sheet will still be there.

We keep talking about moving stuff today but we're both worn out after running errands this morning. Maybe tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

There! Got the instructions and pattern for the bags, liners, and shields all printed off, so I'm getting closer to being ready to start. I think I do need to re-focus on the rocker cushion covers though, because they've been a UFO long enough, plus I need to get those big hunks of foam out of my way in the sewing room. Maybe I can cut some of the pieces for the kits out while I'm watching TV at night or something though. Still thinking how I can speed up the whole process.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm waiting for DH to get home so we can eat Christmas Eve dinner. He just walked in the door! Gotta go...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Have a wonderful Christmas, Peanut.

We're just having the traditional pizza tonight. Although it used to be one of those pizza kits (do they still make those?) with Velveeta cheese scorched on the top. I miss my brother.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got the PUL cut for the DfG shields. It looks like I can get 24 out of a yard, so that's a run. Now I know how much fabric to round up for the outer parts. Then I can get that all pre-shrunk and really get going on this project. I'm not going to be in a hurry though. Too much else on my plate. But if I can get through 24 shields and however many liners I can get from the flannel I bought, plus some bags, that should help somebody out a little bit.

I e'd the DfG people about buying the bag labels, so I hope I can get those pretty soon.

We moved the dining room set into the FR today and Husby put his computer on it. That's supposed to be temporary and it better be. Having him there though makes it easier for him to help me with Sugar. Otherwise I never get a break, since I get up with her at night, too. I set up one of the drop leaves for cutting out the PUL and we both liked being able to work on the same table. The hard part for us will be not letting clutter build up on it, so we'll have to be on our guard. We're still debating about furniture arrangement in the LR but I have some ideas that might work. I suspect it'll be a lot of trial and error for a while. Even with the bathroom vanity and the rocker frame in the LR yet, it still seems much bigger in here. Can't wait to get those two projects out of here so we can reclaim the entire LR and figure out where everything goes. Maybe I'll finally get around to learning to grill in the fireplace if there isn't a bunch of excess crap sitting in front of it all the time.

We moved the upright freezer to the FR, too. Soooooo much better than in the LR! I've wanted it out of this room since we bought it several years ago but there was just nowhere else to go with it. I still can't believe the pool table is gone, but I'm so happy about it. That room will need some tweaking, too, but it's going to be great once we figure it all out. It's amazing to be able to actually live in that space now instead of just using it for storage and a workshop.

I bought some little parts I need for the craft light stand I want to make, so I hope I can get started on that pretty soon. It shouldn't take long unless I have to dig for parts out in the garage.

I just keep adding projects. The rubber bumpers on the pinball game flippers broke when I started playing it again yesterday. No surprise, really, since they were new in 1977 and very brittle now. You know how rubber gets when it's old. So I jumped on eBay and to my surprise, I was able to find an entire tune-up kit specifically for our vintage machine with all the parts to replace all the rubber, a new steel ball, new lights, play field cleaner, and everything I should need to make my machine almost like new. I'm excited! It seems like a bargain at $36. Merry Christmas to meeeeee! It's going to take some time to replace everything but I don't think it'll be difficult. I made temporary bumpers for the flippers using four layers of rubber bands and I can't believe what a huge difference it makes in game play, because of how much more bounce the new rubber gives the ball. It's going to be amazing when all 26 bumpers are replaced. I've missed my pinball game. Husby always had stuff piled on it. For shame! It annoyed me for years and I kept waiting for him to add so much stuff the play field glass broke, but luckily that never happened.

I picked up some swimsuit material at GW today. My old swimsuit is so ugly and it's getting all faded and stretched out, too. I don't use one much but I'd rather not have it hanging off me like a rag since the elastic is shot in it. There's enough fabric for probably three suits and I got it for just $1.50 since it had a half price tag on it. It's kind of a wild print but I like it. I feel like I need a suit but I don't want to spend the fortune for one that they charge these days, for the little bit I would use it. I hope I still have the white fabric I used for lining back when I was making suits for all the kids. I can't stand suits that aren't lined that people can see right through when they're wet. In my case that's a sight nobody should have to suffer through! It seems like I bought a new swimsuit pattern in the past year or so. I'll need to clean up the sewing room just to find that, most likely.

We tried two different TVs in the FR and discovered neither of them work right anymore, so we're trashing those and good riddance. We bought a new flat screen for the bedroom because that needs to be moved to a dresser that can't support the old huge heavy analog TV, and put the old one in the FR, where it's working out great. We really didn't want to buy a new TV now but like always, there was one on sale we liked so we just drove into town and bought it. I'm trying not to think about the extra $100 we spent at the grocery stores we wouldn't have spent if we weren't in town for the TV, but luckily that doesn't happen very often. We just stopped in for the $6 worth of suet we forgot to buy Thursday for the birds and BOOM! LOL. It's a snack extravaganza!

Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 195966676869