2018 Stash Management - Page 151
Page 151 of 151 FirstFirst ... 51101141148149150151
Results 2,251 to 2,256 of 2256
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got 10 nine patch blocks made for the wolves. I might need to make 2 more. I will have a better idea when I get the 2 wolf panels put together tomorrow. They will form the center rectangle. This is the quilt mine is based on.
    https://pin.it/zqhdvmo3w6iwem

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That looks like a great way to use up a panel and a bunch of coordinating fabrics.

It's sunny today so I am putting the chili on hold and taking advantage of the light to photograph some items for my records.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today was mending and completion although older sewing machine was not cooperating at all. Shortened a T-shirt and put it away for next summer. Took in sweatpants so the crotch no longer half way to my knees (going to have to do this on several more pairs I guess.) Finished 1 quilt block to put away. I found and bleached a white sheet to back one of the old quilt tops. I'll need to buy batting. It's on sale at JA 60% off so may get that tomorrow so I can lay it out and pin.

Oh and the dog barked today. He was looking out the window into the back yard, gave 2 low growls and then a soft "buh". This was the first time he has barked in a normal manner. The only other time was a bark/shriek when the cat swatted him from behind. I think this means he is feeling like this is his home and becoming a little protective of it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got out the "newer" Singer - a 760. What a mess. All the foam pieces disintegrated so I cut new "spool cushions" from felt for the time being. It uses a funny bobbin so only have the 1 in the machine. Cleaned about a thimble full of lint from the bobbin housing. Downloaded the manual from Singer and printed the initial instruction pages. Cannot get the needle to center when set on straight stitch so the cams must be messed up. And it's really noisy, definitely needs cleaning and oiling.
    I don't really want to spend time or money to rehab the 760 right now so I guess I need to get my old 501 running right. Will try vacuuming and oiling 501 tomorrow. May see if JA carries bobbins for the 760.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

eBay can be a good place to find sewing machine parts. Hope you can get them both working again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I remembered this morning it’s time to start the 2019 challenge. I’ll do that now.