2018 Stash Management - Page 8
Page 8 of 151 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858108 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm so sorry, CH. I know how difficult and painful it is to lose a beloved pet. Wish I could give you a real hug, not just a cyber hug.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks, SD. I know you've been there. Coco went in the night. I'm glad he did not suffer any longer.

We are having ice today. Schools are closed and DH is home.

The plan today is to finish a little crafting and knock out a few quilt blocks.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH,

I am sorry to hear about your cat.
    KathyB

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Again, so sorry, CH. It's good he went peacefully at home though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ugh, I should have known better than to get out the glitter today. I'm trying to make these little christmas gift tags and I thought one would look cute with a glitter border. It's so dry, it's sticking to everything. Then I spent forever going through boxes looking for some gold metallic cord I had... After all that I only got 2 cards made. No more glitter.

My jaw hurt from the dentist yesterday, and I think it's what is making my sinuses on that side go haywire today. Symptoms for both seem to be easing up as the day gets later.

Didn't get anywhere near the quilt stuff. Sorry to be a downer. Hopefully others had a better, more productive day.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH, it's always hard to lose a pet, but you made the right decision, even if in the end it was not necessary. It's better there was no more suffering. Of course that doesn't make it hurt any less.

I had an unproductive day yesterday for sure. I kept dozing off. I blame it on age, a gray day, and big weather change. Or for all I know that's what my lazy body wanted to do all along and I wouldn't let it but made it keep going to work. It's getting its revenge. My abused finger had recovered nicely though - until I burned it while ago. I took the lid off what I though was a gently simmering pot of meatballs and spaghetti sauce and found it bubbling like a volcanic mud pot. Two glops splashed on top on the finger which did it no good at all. It seems to have a death wish.

Tonight I'll continue working on the winter sampler. I'm debating whether it's worth the hassle of using metallic or other exotic thread. There will be no occasion for it in the other season samplers, but I won't have them all out at once anyway.

I spent time this afternoon working on a grocery list. I'm planning to pick it up tomorrow. It's rainy now but that's supposed to end in a couple of hours. That's the weeks excitement. It's pretty low key around here right now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh, my mother bought olive loaf occasionally when I was little and I wouldn't touch the stuff. Pickle loaf either. But ham and cheese loaf was ok. I would definitely give that a pass now too.

SD - do you like meat salads for sandwiches? Instead of having to make something sliceable, you could cook meats and run them through the food processor before freezing them. Then you would just have to thaw it and add the mayo and whatever else you put in it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't really like shredded meats. I'll eat them but it's not a favorite. I don't really like pickle loaf but Husby does, so it'll be nice for him to have something to replace the store variety. I'm hoping I can slice these loaves really thin with the meat slicer. I didn't drag that out for one small loaf, but I would for a big batch.

We just did our first two Amazon returns ever. We've been buying from there for years without a problem so they still have a great record, assuming they give Husby his money back on the defective clock he bought and replace the fondant ribbon cutter of mine that's missing some pieces.

Little Bucky listened to me the other day when I reminded him it would be nice if he dropped an antler for me, since we feed him all winter. Did I already mention this? Sorry if it's a rerun. He left me an antler yesterday and Husby went to get it for me, right in front of the house. No idea what Bucky did with the other one. I might make a back scratcher with it.

I got my water storage set up and filled it with snow today, so I'll have free water for the AGs when I get around to starting them up. Distilled water is $1/gallon here in town. I shoveled snow off and on all day long and I'm sore. I hope I don't have to do it again tomorrow. It quit snowing around four so maybe we'll only have the cold now. Our snow guys haven't come yet. I can only imagine how busy they are today. They told us when we hired them residential driveways aren't the priority during heavy snow because they also have commercial parking lots and stuff they have to clear. Husby barely got the truck up the hill and it was on the second or third try.

I'm almost positive we're going to lose the greenhouse. I hate it but the Halloween Horror disrupted so many things and with other priorities, we couldn't do anything about it at that time. Now it's too late. Winter set in the day before Husby's surgery and we haven't gotten a break yet. With the snow we got today, I'm starting to worry about the camper roof, too. Next winter I think we'll have to store it unpopped instead of leaving it set up, which we'll hate. We get into it every now and then over winter and that's one reason we wanted that type of camper. But the convenience isn't worth it if it gets damaged. All in all, I still feel lucky how things worked out and I'm so happy we were able to have the dock guys come so we didn't lose the dock, but I love my greenhouse too. We'll have to see what happens. If it warms up again soon maybe we can figure out how to get the frozen doors open without damaging them and put in some supports to help the situation. If I could get at them, I'd break the roof panels out to save the framework, but I can't.

I haven't done much stashy today except I rounded up some one-inch foam to make a cat mat to go on top of the former plant shelf in the LR. That's what I was using before I moved the sewing cabinet in. I also found some fabric to cover it with but I'm not too happy with it, so might dig up something else. While I was in there I grabbed something by my industrial machine and managed to hook the invisible thread it's threaded with. Since it's invisible I didn't notice till I had pulled off about twenty feet of it and managed to wrap it around the thread stand and three cones of thread on the industrial serger. Ugh. I finally got that wound back up and then the holder with the two giant spools of thread shimmied its way down the center spindle it's attached to. Ugh again. It was like something from Laurel and Hardy. At least this time there wasn't a cat involved.

Exciting times around here, as you can see.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wool pants not finished but I basted the waist band on and know they can be worn. Still need to complete waist band and hem bottoms. I received a thank you note in the mail from one of the apron recipients at Christmas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DC, sorry to hear about the spaghetti accident. When it rains, it pours, for sure.

SD, glad you got your thread wound back on. Is there some way to knock the snow off your greenhouse and camper? And congrats on the deer antler! How nice.

DH has cleaned out the cat cage, and we were discussing what to do about the plants on top of it. There aren't any other windows. I remembered an old plastic shelving unit, the kind with hollow legs and shelves that stack on top of them. I got it for starting plants in the greenhouse. Anyway, I think if we build it half height it will work. Just have to find it in the garage.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can't deal with the snow on the greenhouse, and Husby still isn't up to it. We can't find anyone else. There's not enough room to use a roof rake, I don't think. We can use a push broom on the camper. It's easier to deal with than the greenhouse, and it's not as fragile.

Hope you can find your shelving. It's frustrating not to be able to locate stuff.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry to hear about your cat, CH. Taking things slow is more than justified.

Sorry you're having trouble with the greenhouse, SD. Here's hoping it doesn't fall until you're ready to deal with it.

Finished skein#5 and started skein# 6. Definitely looking like I won't need any extra yarn on this one. I may even have extra but I'll wait and see on that end. If there's only one skein extra, I'll probably still use it up so it doesn't go in the stash.

It warmed up this week but is supposed to cool down again tomorrow. I'm glad the rain we're getting is today when it ~is~ still warm and is rain and not snow or ice. We'd probably have a few feet if it was snow. On the other hand, the afgan I'm working on is getting long so my legs will be covered soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Bright and sunny and 5F this morning. At least the roads are dry. I am walking around. Knee feels a little weird, but it needs to adjust to weight bearing. Foot is a little puffy, but not painful. It needs to get used to walking, too.

I ditched a stack of envelopes after taking the stamps off yesterday. I think the pile of newspaper can go next. We don't need to keep that for the cat cage any more. We'll see what else falls into the recycle bin. Already up to 3 bags of trash, and the city only lets us put 2 out. Thankfully it is freezing cold and can sit another week or two.

Glad to hear you are making progress with the afghan, Renmerc.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like that afghan is getting longer quickly, Ren. I'm getting a little done on the slipper, too. My dizzy cat still wants to sit on my lap where she gets whacked in the head with the knitting needle. I keep moving her but since we don't call her Boomerang for nothing, she just comes right back. It's funny but frustrating, too.

It's three above here, CH, so that must be really cold for you guys at five. Sounds like you're making progress on de-junking.

Storm's foot was very swollen when he broke his leg. The vet said it was because he wasn't walking on it, and when he started the swelling would go down, and it did. She said it had to do with circulation being aided by putting pressure on the foot. Maybe it's the same for people.

It's supposed to be zero tomorrow for a high and Husby wants to go out of town shopping. I don't want to go but I need some stuff so he'll probably talk me into it. Or maybe I'll just send him with a list. I've decided I need new lumber for the shelving to attach to the craft table, and he could pick that up if the dogs weren't with.

I set up my sewing machine on the 'new' typing table and I love that arrangement. I think it will work out well. My chair is the right height for it, too, so that's a plus. I tried out my new iron and like that too, although I wish I could have found a smaller one. While I was experimenting with everything, I finally made a new cover for the food processor. It's been wearing an ill-fitting blender cover in a bright yellow. It looks so much better now that it's properly dressed. I love how it turned out. The food processor is a funny shape so I had to do what I always do, start out with a vague plan and then make it up as I go along. I know it just looks like a blob in the pic, but in person it fits nicely.

I had enough fabric scraps left to make it from the same fabric as the mixer cover, so things are all matchy-matchy. I'm glad it's done. I had been storing the food processor in a cabinet so the ugly blender cover didn't matter. It was just to keep dust off and I didn't have to look at how it didn't fit. But it was bugging me now that the processor is on the counter all the time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD - customer service is great at Amazon. You should not have any trouble with the returns. I never have. I have to send back the cubby bins I'm not using. The box is heavy so I'll have to get someone to put it in the car for me. Since there is nothing wrong with them and I just decided I didn't want them I'll have to pay shipping back but that's fair. I've been waiting until I checked out the new sewing machine so I could do it all at once if there's a problem with that. I'll try to do that this weekend. However my fabric, except for small bits so I'm not really sure what I will do with it to test it out. It's turned too cold again to ask anyone to mount an expedition into the attic to search for it.

I didn't accomplish much on the cross stitch last night since I didn't get started on it until almost 10:00. I did decide though not to use any fancy thread on this one. I'm also thinking I may go on and do the whole set. I may tire if them though and move on to something else. Since I'm only about 1/3 finished with this one it's really to early to be making those kinds of plans.

Page 8 of 151 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858108 ... LastLast