2019 Stash Management - Page 100
Page 100 of 194 FirstFirst ... 5090979899100101102103110150 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2906
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

that is true you get used to it I guess lol I am a spring fall person like 72 74 works just fine for me. love the roll of fabric. just realize I need to get the patches on the red tshirts. hoping the glue on the back will heat enough and stick. so no hand sewing since they are thick.

yes it is hard moving esp w 2 incomes and careers. even here when we bought our house when I was pregnant w our first based on dh job and the industry tanked the next month. he didn't get a job for long time and it was for less money and farther away so he is away from the house 11hrs a day basically. so changed all the childcare plans etc all on me mostly. with traffic he can't say he will be home at a certain time or if it is daycare. and that wasn't even with moving to a diff city.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I decided my change of plans included a long nap. After that I am much more alive and don’t ache all over, so I’m doing some. I got the bed off the rug, sheets and mattress cover in the wash, rug vacuumed, and the most urgent thing, the kitchen floor. I have a lot of the yarn grab bags bagged in three big bags to go back to the attic. I don’t need all of it down here and I kept plenty to keep me busy. I also need help getting the rug rolled for storage so I’ll put out an SOS to the neighbors. Always at their convenience of course, so it could be in 15 minutes or a week. I can put the rug in the living room if they can’t get to it today.

One of the lovely things about retirement is that unless I have an appointment - not often - I never have to go out so my grinching about the heat is mostly habit from the days when I had to cope with it. With a/c and fans there is no reason for me to be hot. Now if the a/c goes out, that’s going to be honest to goodness real grinching - lol.

I am really ready to get back to some playtime.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

There's no getting used to heat for us. Husby and I take the same BP meds and a side effect is dizziness if we get too hot. We have to be careful. I had a pretty bad episode the other day when we set up the AAR. Stupid me, I forgot about it since I was focused on the room. Luckily it turned out okay. I'm glad I did it so I can work on it while it's miserable out.

I did some more work on one of the basket covers, sewing in the bottom piece and getting it shaped. It's not quite how I want it. I will fix it tomorrow. I sew, therefore I swear.

It only got to 75 today. The temp and the dew point both. It was also overcast all day. It didn't feel too bad, just too humid.

Hope I get more done tomorrow. I got up late this morning because I was reading.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It hit 100 and is coasting down now. Once the sun sets DH may try for a quick mow of the front yard. It'll still be hot, but there'll be no sun frying him. Another scorcher expected tomorrow.

M, 72 is where we put the heat in winter, 66 or 68 at night.

I decided to work on my purple sampler quilt, the one I made blocks for with my Go cutter last year. I have 18 blocks, if I make 2 more I can set it 4x5 for a wall hanging or display quilt. The blocks are only 8" so it won't be very big.

I looked at my applique block and it's not worth trying to save. It's the wrong size, and it's not one of the patterns in the book, so I don't know what I was trying to do. I have some cut pieces but have no idea how it was supposed to look. It is something I want to do, but I think it's going back into a box for now. It's a BIG project and requires focus.

We are going to a hobby event tomorrow, will likely be out all day. I will probably not get to the JA clearance sale tomorrow. Will try Sunday, there's less going on.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

In terms of cities that offer more stuff:

How much do you need? There are probably hundreds of restaurants here. But I have probably gone to less than 20. Maybe some people have tried them all. I think it is more common for people to have maybe five or ten favorites they go to.

In terms of events, cities that have events going on all the time sound good. But how many do you wind up going to? I find myself not going to many. Maybe that would change when I retire and have more time. But I don't need special events happening all the time.

I feel like this relates to some frugal ideas. The idea that something is enough. You do not always have to go for more all the time.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH - those are exactly the temp settings I use in the winter. I used to keep it cooler during the day, but as I age I’m feeling the cold more so 72 is about my limit of tolerance short of bundling up for an arctic expedition. If it’s really cold and blustery I might drop it to 70 for a couple of days to save a bit on electricity, but bitter weather here never lasts long. Of course all you would laugh at what we consider bitter weather - lol. I remember going to the airport in DC in a snowstorm wearing sandals because this Louisiana person does not own a single pair of closed shoes.

I did a very little on the cross stitch last night. I quit messing with the house about 9:30. I was too tired to enjoy it much though. I have some books on applique and I would like to try some but haven’t so far. Someday.

Most of my cross stitch patterns are in zippered plastic pouches by subject, but some of the ones I want most to do are in binders. When I was last looking for a pattern I forgot about the binders - in a different place, course, and almost went crazy wondering where some of the patterns were - until I remembered. Yesterday I emptied a tote all the pouches will fit in perfectly and I’m going to get everything back in them. I think I’m also going to do some merciless culling. That’s hard to do when (a) I bought them and (b) I like them. But there are more than I could ever do, so there is no point in hanging on to them. I just need to be really firm about realistic expectations.

I have virtually stopped reading actual books since I have fallen into the habit of wasting time on YouTube before bed. And spending more time reading news in the morning. It’s time to recover those hours for reading. I need a real reward when I get the house finished because it has been a huge amount of hard work. I think I will pick up a few new titles at the Better World Books clearance sale. That’s about as cheap as they come, except for library sales and I’m not able to do those anymore. Not that I need more books. I just want them, and I’m decreeing that I deserve a want after all the housework.
    Last edited by dcompton; 07-20-2019 at 11:28 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

sounds like a good reward to me!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I always find too many books at that site and spent more than I meant to. I got 11 books for 25.83. Free shipping as always. That averages to 2.35 a book. I guess my work was with that - about $5 a day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yes 72 or 74 is where i keep it too in winter. our house tends to be good if you heat it up and then turn it down. my neverending anthill under the concrete front stairs was alive with ants again so put that earth on it. got a few spiders too but that can't be helped. dd dumped a glass of milk over the chair fireplace floor etc. so dh had to take apart the electric fireplace to clean the glass etc. hopefully the milk is out of the fabric of the chair. my tablet died though I didn't use it much. dh tried to fix it. has been an week of electronic problems w me. picked up my mom and ran errands. had to buy rain covers for backpacks to keep all buckles etc from damage in the flight. he wiped his tablet for me to use. the other cell didn't work either so keeping mine. ds is out of luck.

got some bookkeeping done so one thing off the list. have my two wips for travel and extra yarn. dh made the pens for gifts. will take a pic later for you.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We had a great time at the show, did not spend anything more than the cost of admission and lunch. It was close to JA, so we stopped when we went out for lunch, and spent some time enjoying the AC there. It was 101 out today, according to my temperature gauge.

I did not find many quilt remnants, pretty much cleared them out of what I wanted last week. I did get three large pieces of light block fabric to cover our bedroom windows. Two I will have to sew together, but one was 1+ yd (because of some marks on it). For less than half price it was a good deal. I may go back tomorrow to help a friend who was vending, I can get in free.

Big storm coming, we could see the lightning 50-60 miles away while driving home. We could sure use some cool rain.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Stay safe, CH.

I just looked and I think we're getting a cool front moving in. Looks like a high of 70. That would be great. I hope it's not humid. Maybe we can get something done outside. Husby bought more greenhouse panels last time he went shopping, so that project is on again. And of course moving lilies and building terraces isn't done yet. Haven't talked to Husby yet to see what he wants to work on.

I managed to cut and sew the openings for the basket handles in the wrong places, so I have to patch and redo those. No way to recut them correctly. I hate that I can't really fix them, but at least they will be on the ends and not hugely conspicuous.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Free at last! Rearranging done and I can play with a clear conscience. I don’t even have a discouraging leftover box of what-do-I-do-with-this miscellania that I usually end up with. The yarn and a few odds and ends are still awaiting exile in the attic, but it’s gathered in the utility room and labeled done. While I was doing all that I got behind in the kitchen again but that’s just daily grind stuff. I’ll wash some dishes but it will mostly wait until tomorrow. I’m officially off duty today. Happy dance!

I’m debating whether to go back to the tiny flowers or finish up the Christmas picture. I’m getting nearer the end of the Christmas one so I will probably keep working on that. The two large bits left of that are half of M and erry and the gingerbread man. The rest is border that goes fairly quickly. For sure I could finish it this week.

A change I’m happy with is taking the sewing machine cart for a craft center. It has three tiers so one can be cross stitch, one crochet, and one for books, puzzle books, and tools. Now that I have two usable chairs - twice as many as one person needs - I can move it around easily.

New YouTube rule. I watch a daily blog I like with morning tea. That’s ok. I can watch a few things while I eat. That’s it, unless I need to find out how to do something. I don’t have a tv so that’s my alternative visual entertainment, but it’s been sucking out too much of my time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

good for you! I spend a lot of time on computer or tv too. at least you can do both at once w tv and laptop. my reasoning lol off on my trip tonight. bought two cheap watches since all the others are dead and getting batteries changed would cost the same. plus jewelery place closed in mall. ugh my living room is smelling milk. guess what dh gets to do. use the little green machine. put the throws and throw pillows in the wash just in case. will sun dry. electronics still acting up so leaving my cell alone. dh laptop this moming. packed a bunch of cozy mysteries that when done will leave behind.

packed more yarn lol just in case. dh pens. our neighbour is giving us a small green house he built so it is very sturdy and well made. think it is about 5 by 8. heavy can make it into a she shed if I wanted too by cutting out some of the shelves. wanted to put it by the fence but then our neighbour is no you have to pour concrete foundation base etc. ..he builds to last. so we were going to put it by the garage on the lava rock but really that is patio area. so told dh just use the red bricks we have and make a base like we first were going to do. no reason to get all fancy. dry area and just would stress dh out. his wife passed a couple of years ago so she was the one using it. sat in their carport. it is very nice of him. dh helps him out with his tech needs all the time. 2019 Stash Management-pens.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Have a fun and safe trip! Beautiful pens! You will like having a gh, if you like to grow things at all. We're still learning how to use ours, and getting it modified how we want it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We got the front deck jacked up about 3" so that's level again. It turned out to be less of a job than we thought it would be.

It's only 72 here, but humid.

Our purple beans have beans about 4" on them now. We might be able to harvest some by the end of the w ioueek. The new bed gets the runoff from the front half of the cabin roof, which the peas and beans seem to like.