2019 Stash Management - Page 101
Page 101 of 175 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102103104111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2619
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

M- zowie! Those are beautiful pens! Leave all your cares behind and have a wonderful trip!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Kathy, I saw this cute shoe/sandal pattern and thought of you. It looks easy and fun. Maybe a hard sole could be added to it. https://pin.it/nqd3x2jwcqqff7

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oops, wrong linky. Try this. https://pin.it/q2cx5ynru2k77k

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We had a good night's rain, nothing severe. It had rained out a lot by the time it got to us. Garden really needed it after the baking it got last week. It was a welcome 70F this morning.

Made a 2nd pass at JA after the show, just in case they added some new remnants. I bought 2 pieces, one cotton, one sequined, both on sale/remnant/+extra 30% off. The quilt fabric is mostly gone now. Lot of people buying fleece and flannel, despite the heat. They have two crib sized bins of fleece remnants and it is filling up the regular remnant bins too.

DH bought us each an Ott lamp last night, half price. They are LED and rechargeable. Will be good for when we travel and want to take crafts with us. It's always hard to find an outlet nearby and this way we don't have to travel with extension cords and one of those multi-outlet things.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My beautifully clear worktable only lasted one day, but, hey, I think that’s pretty good! It will only take a few minutes to clear it again. It was just too late and I was too tired when I quit last night. Instead of cross stitching much I spent a lot of time going through the patterns as planned. I culled probably a third of them, some of them without a twinge, a few very regretfully. Actually a lot of them, maybe most, were patterns from a couple of magazines I had subscribed to. I had liked and kept them but never with any real expectation that I would ever make them. I had to shift the focus from “do I like this pattern” to “how likely is it I would choose this one over others that I also like.” Many were definitely no.

There were a few that I loved but had one of two fatal flaws I found only after I got them, mostly from eBay. The first flaw is my fault for falling love with a picture and not noticing one detail- this thing is HOW big?? I finally admitted I truly loved two or three patterns, but not that much. The other flaw was unknowable until I actually examined the pattern. These were computer generated patterns that the creator had not properly edited, resulting in a gazillion colors that were pure confetti. I tried one of those once and vowed never, ever again after abandoning it. There were three or four of those.

One of the neighbors came last evening and put all stuff in the attic for me, and also turned up with watermelon. Double winner!

I have decided on a cross stitching agenda. I will finish the Christmas picture I’m working on. Then I want to play around with my fabric. I have a lot of small cuts I bought to check out colors. I want to use up some of these and some of the small patterns I have. It’s been helpful to have the fabric. 123 Stitch lists all the materials for all their patterns so when I have needed to buy large pieces I could pull the thread and try it out on different backgrounds. Large pieces are too expensive to guess wrong. I would never have chosen the one called French lace for the big Christmas carols pattern if I hadn’t been able to test drive it with the thread. Now I want to use some of these pretty colors instead of just look at them. I may even sneak in a little one before I finish the Christmas picture.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Made it through the really brutal heat this weekend, mostly by staying at a hotel where it was really cold and the malls. I was just not up for staying at my apartment between the heat, my allergy/rash from meds, and the ac vent being right over my bed. Overlooking one of the main roads in/out of my complex didn't help matters. I regularly hear cars passing by. It's even more annoying when people are outside talking really late at night. People don't realize how much voices carry, particularly when it's really quiet out.

Anyway, I need to take the garbage out and vacuum tonight. I really do have a lot of clutter to get rid of but I need to start small. Last week was just a lost cause for anything, really.

I did get a little bit of crocheting done yesterday. It was a random scarf I'm planning on keeping for myself, mostly because I liked the color of the yarn. It's something I can wear in the fall when it's not too cold but chilly enough for the scarf to be comfortable.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

R - I hope you got some good rest and are feeling better.

The bench (with a colorful but very dead orchid leaf must have overwatered the poor thing)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Stash Management-4a12c40d-7d41-4201-9ff1-75c0570aa44c.jpg  

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DC, glad you found the flaws in those patterns before you started. Hope you enjoy the others.

Ren, glad you were able to get some rest.

Monday is my at-home day, lots of tidying up to do, prep for the week, etc. Going to put my latest fabric finds away. I think it may be time to start MY quilt, the 16 patch& pinwheels. I need to get my bin of fabric out, separate lights and darks and do some basic calculations.

I went to buy a costume pattern yesterday, they were 1.99, but it wasn't in the drawer. No card marking the spot, either. I think it is discontinued, so I want to search my pattern collection today too. I may have already bought it.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks. I did get some rest over the weekend. Not as much last night but still got some. It's supposed to rain and get cool tonight and into tomorrow so I should be better this week. The main downside has been that, between the heat outside and the AC, my skin's really dry now. Looks like the worst of the rash is gone but it looks like it may take a bit for my skin to recover.

I may do some work on my wool-blend afgan tonight, especially if it does cool down as forecast. That's a soft yarn so it shouldn't bother my skin so much. Although I'll head to bed early.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I recommend water for the dry skin, and of course, the heat. Maybe your Dr's office can suggest a non-irritating moisturizer for you. Maybe Cetaphil.

I have a cat helper today, so not much is getting done. I feel wiped out from the migraine, and the humidity.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ren, if the AC vent over your bed is made of steel, you can buy a magnetic deflector to keep the air from blowing down on you. Or switch and sleep with your head at the foot of the bed. Or sleep on the couch. AC can make a nice white noise to drown out other sounds. We sometimes run the AC in the camper, or at least the fan, if there's noise nearby at night. Ogden, Utah, comes to mind, where the state park was right next to a multi lane freeway, with multi track rail lines on the other side. That place was so loud we could not talk outside without yelling. We slept like rocks with our AC on that night. It's good you got caught up on your sleep. That will help you feel better.

Finally, finally, FINALLY! We hauled out the trash, all 500 pounds of it. It should have been done months ago but we hate it, so procrastinated. Nothing much on any of the piles to salvage, but I did find 2 tomato cages we needed, NWT, and a little table my mom might want. The table is a minor project because the joints need glue and the poor little thing was obviously left alone and unloved out in the weather. The finish was so bad it practically fell off when we glanced at it, but other than that it's in good shape. We already got it sanded and disassembled, so it's ready to reassemble so it will be sturdy again. Then I'll just paint it. It's a simple style with a glass top, cute, but just needs some love.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I’ve spent the afternoon pulling some small patterns and the thread for them, them matching them up with fabrics. Now I have more stuff on the worktable. But I’ve had an early supper and after I’ve put my feet up for a bit I’ll get it all stowed away again. Then I plan an evening with my needle and an audiobook.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got another Anna Pigeon at the library for $.50 and the Home Fires DVD set to watch.
    I'm working on a small canvas tote bag refashion. Old fabric handles were flimsy and ugly, now removed. I disassembled a polypropylene 4-bottle wine bag to use those handles. Maybe make an interior pocket in the new bag. I found wide twill trim tape in a coordinating color to sew around the top. Just using stuff up.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Didn't get much done today, was just off most of the afternoon. Was out of shrimp cocktail sauce so I thought I'd whip some up from ingredients on hand... full glass jar of garlic paste went flying out of my hand onto the floor. That resulted in a trip to the grocery and a trip to the middle eastern store.

I forgot I was going to do something with my purple quilt today. Since the fabric was out I punched out the pieces for a star block. Not sure which one, my hand drawn note says "simpl star" and I can't find a Simple Star or Simplicity Star that looks like it. There's one called Midnight star, but that was obviously not what I copied. I'll figure it out eventually.

Ironed the big piece of light block fabric. It does not iron very well, but it's flatter than it was. DH and I discussed different ways of "sticking it up there". Probably going to make a custom fit shade to go inside the window, as opposed to nailing it to the wall over the window.

They are saying that temps tonight will drop into the 50's. Whaa? Yeah, I read that right. Tomorrow should be a nice day to get into the garden. It's supposed to be cool until Thurs.

I gave away my JA coupons for the rest of the month, so I have no excuse to go. For a while.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like you have things back in order, D. Can't wait to see your projects.

DLR, now which Anna Pigeon? So many good ones to choose from. I finished Fear Nothing, now reading Seize the Night. I got past the worst part okay, first time in 18 years. It's a scene where the protagonist is in a pitch black room, terrified he is not alone but believing his fear is the product of his fertile imagination. He reaches out a hand in the dark, and touches a face. Totally freaky. The chapter ends right there. And at that exact point nearly 18 yrs ago, my phone rang, which scared the bejeebies out of me. It was Husby, calling to ask me to turn on TV because at work they were hearing wild rumors about attacks on government. They were on lockdown but didn't know why exactly. I turned on TV and told him it looked like a terrible accident in NY. A few minutes later, I watched a jet circle in and hit the second tower, and realized the world as we knew it was gone. That memory is forever tied to the scene in the book for me.

CH, sorry your day seemed frustrating. At least your weather is cooling off for a while. Hope you can find your pattern.

I looked at the scraps from the basket covers today. No good options for cutting the patches for new handle holes. At least one will have to be pieced. Still mad at myself over such a monumental screw-up. Don't know when I'll get back to it. The weather is better so I need to work outside. Hope we get lots done this week.