2019 Stash Management - Page 104
Page 104 of 194 FirstFirst ... 45494101102103104105106107114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2906
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD the basket looks great, very professional. The little side pockets are clever, too.

The family drama isn't that intriguing. We are a very blended family, multiple marriages and multiple kids from different relationships on both sides. Some of the stories have been funny, some have been shocking, some downright horrifying. You have raised kids, you know how crazy it gets. So glad there is none of that for DH and I, despite our past.

Kathy, hope your hands are feeling better tomorrow.

I pinned the pattern to the test fabric this morning, it barely fits. I did not have time to figure out sizing, and I ate so much BBQ at lunch that today is not a good day to measure anything.

I don't have any of the "alligator hide" to spare, so I have to be sure of measurements before I cut.

My zippers came from china. I may get some pouches started this weekend.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD - Basket turned out fabulous. You will get lots of compliments when your camping.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, yeah, we had family drama enough to last 6 lifetimes. In the end, it broke our family completely. It's good you and your husband have stayed okay through yours.

Thanks, about the covers. I think I like them now.

I rummaged around and found a scrap of used Cordura pack cloth. It's not pretty, but it's still sturdy. I cut that for a no-brainer drawstring bag for the folding rake that goes in the camper. I just want something to cover up the tines to protect them and protect other stuff from them, so looks don't matter. Now I have to move the mountain of fabric off the industrial serger again. I really should put that stuff away...

...Nah.

Storming now. Still not a lot of wind, so that's something. Our driveway has taken a beating this year, but if that's the worst that happens, we can't complain.

We need to build an extension for a deck roof, so we can add a gutter to that roof in hopes of stopping an erosion problem under the slab of our house. That will also allow us to add a rain barrel in front of our house. Today Husby picked up the 2x4 we need for the project, so I hope we can get that done tomorrow. It's a small job so I'm hoping it goes quickly. The extension is only step 1 in the project and we don't have anything needed to continue, but I want to do this in stages so I can take my time to figure out how to do each step. This is another one of those weird non-standard situations that don't have any instructions I can look at anywhere.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, EB. 🙂

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD - the baskets turned out great.

I donít think Iím all that fast. Iíve just spent hours and hours on it this week. Also the cat and shell are small. I started the larger shell from the same book as this little one. Itís a really easy pattern so should go quickly.

When I chose the amber yellow fabric for the cat I didnít realize there were white whiskers against the background. They are almost invisible unless the light catches them just right.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Stash Management-f10b7ab8-569d-4749-b648-99641a1f66c7.jpg

2019 Stash Management-265df8fe-3125-4f34-819f-841af9349420.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're following an incident in the BWCA during last night's storm. SAR went out looking for a Girl Scout troop that had been struck by lightning, and reached them by 11 PM. Sounds like all 9 people in the group experienced what their guide thought was a ground strike. SAR was going to try to evacuate them last night by canoe. They said 2 of the people were showing "acute symptoms" but that everyone could move on their own. Not sure what that means because it seems contradictory. The story also said State Patrol was going to bring a chopper in at first light this morning, so I'm not sure what's happening. It has to be bad if they're going in by air, because normally anything with a motor is prohibited in the BW. At any rate, they're in my thoughts today. I hope everyone will recover.

Just waiting for it to get a little later so we can go slice and dice the parts for the extension on the front deck roof. It would be rude to wake up the neighbors with a screaming saw. Sure hope we can get that done today. This is supposed to be our only nice day this weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My husband's family has had some drama in the past. Thankfully we live away from my hometown and we were not drawn into it to much. One time we went back to visit we were informed that the family was split into over a dispute. My mother in law informed me of what side we were on.

I sewed one sole together and am almost finished sewing the other sole. The soles are flexible, but stiff enough not to be floppy. I am planning an open heal shoe. If it does not work I can sew a heal on later.

I may try some slip on style sandals.

I want to try more open shoes in the summer. Summer weather lasts through September here. For winter I will try more closed in shoes. I am thinking of having removable pieces that make shoes look more boot like.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The rescue had a good outcome, luckily. Everyone is back at the Scout base now. They were medically checked out, 2 were kept for additional tests, but they were all released by this AM. They came out of the BW at about 4 AM. Happy ending. Hate when it goes the other way.

It's only 75 here but 68 dew point. Miserable. But we got the frame extension done on the deck roof! It only took a couple hours and went better than expected. Now we have something to attach a gutter to. Without the extension the gutter would have been under the roof, useless and therefore uninstalled. It took me a long time to figure out how to do this for a variety of reasons, so I'm glad it's done.
    2019 Stash Management-20190727_111656_1564246217171.jpg

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm just relaxing this afternoon. We have a cookout to be at by 4pm. I did some light shopping, going to make some deviled eggs to take. Steaming some corn on the cob for a late lunch. Going to have some coffee and read over the costume pattern instructions if I have time.

SD, that extention looks good. Hope it works like you expect.

DC, your needlework is lovely.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The pockets for the camper flap were an epic fail. They need to hold the phone horizontally instead of vertically, so it's a redo.

I got a couple handfuls of green beans, actually wax beans and purple beans, so I'm going to try them in the AF.

I mixed up some no salt Montreal steak seasoning so will try that on the beans. Should be good and easy. Hope we like it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The beans were really good in the air fryer, and quick and easy too. I will do that again. The steak seasoning mix recipe is a keeper! I've been looking for a Montreal seasoning clone for a while so I'm happy I finally found the right mix. Of course the real test will be on meat.

Got the failed camper pockets ripped off, so I can try again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I didnít get much done in the cross stitch yesterday but maybe more today. When Iím working, of course Iím always thinking of the next project. The reason no doubt that I have such an embarrassing collection of WIPs that gradually drift into UFO status. Yesterday was no different.

Iím definitely not into fairies as a thing, but I really like Nora Corbettís fairy patterns. They use a lot of beading and metallic threads. I have several of the patterns and Iím going to rush through the rest of the shell - I WILL finish it first - and then do the bluebell fairy, the one that first caught my eye. When I got the pattern I also ordered the beads and metallic thread so itís good to go. It also called for one $$ silk thread for a few stitches and was a decided no. I can substitute that and the rest is DMC.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I posted a link that didnít work so Iíll try again.

https://www.123stitch.com/item/Nora-...-Pattern/NC134

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

A work in progress.

So they are kind of a mess but I am posting a work in progress anyway. They are not quite the same size and shape. This is why I want to try starting with the cut sole and working from the outside in. So this is kind of a learning project. Maybe the top of the shoes will hide some of the flaws.

I want future ones to have a smooth outside edge.2019 Stash Management-img_20190728_141258255_1564339584682.jpg

This is a good use your stash project since I have lots of yarn laying around.

Next step is the cork fabric tops.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I patched a couple mouse holes in the screen room and reattached a piece of lattice which had been removed a long time ago, and then of course the repair never got done. I hope this keeps them out for a while, but I have no illusions. My curved quilting needle came in handy.

I also made the bag for the folding rake. It's nothing to brag about but it's done.
    2019 Stash Management-20190728_134521_1564340830889.jpg
    It should keep the tines from catching in things. I used up a previously used remnant of Cordura and pieced some more nylon pieces together.2019 Stash Management-20190728_134646_1564341074919.jpg

The zucchini I planted earlier this month is flourishing and has lots of buds now. We should get something from it yet this year. I need to figure out a cage for it before it blooms.

Nothing much happening today. Just waiting for the next storm to show its ugly face.