2019 Stash Management - Page 106
Page 106 of 144 FirstFirst ... 65696103104105106107108109116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2148
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got the PVC tubes cleaned inside, then cleaned the ends outside and glued the clean-outs on the ends, so both tubes are assembled. Now I just have to clean the outside and they will be ready to paint. I discovered 2 cans of PVC cement that weren't any good anymore, so I was able to toss those. Less useless junk around.

Also discovered bear claw marks on the cabin door screen. Not happy.

Got the first coat of paint on Mom's little table, so that won't take long to finish. I hope one more coat will be enough.

Found the list of stuff to do for the AAR. Not much on it. Still not motivated.

I can't figure out why we have so many plants that won't grow. Spinach, carrots, kale, tomatoes, lettuce, radishes, okra, eggplant, some others. It makes no sense to me. Some of it may be due to too much rain, but some are in the gh. OTOH, the peas and beans are gorgeous and so are the potatoes. The tomatoes from the nursery are doing well. It must be the soil, but it's frustrating and I don't know what went wrong so can't fix it.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD, a lot of plants grow roots first. Carrots and beets need to be spaced 1" apart, if they are closer they will not grow anything but tops. Spinach, kale and lettuce are cool season crops, it might be too warm for them.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

But the plants that concern me are ones like lettuce and spinach that we should be eating by now and they're barely an inch high. They haven't changed in weeks. It's just weird.

I think we're working on rails for the boardwalk today. It's supposed to be cloudy, 70s, and lower humidity. Perfect. Husby brought me some more PT lumber which needs to be installed right away, so it's a priority. Have to get Mom's table painted again, too. We'll probably see her tomorrow and I'd like to get it out of here.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've lived here 20+ years and every year we've had a garden the conditions have been different. This year, extreme amounts of rain, yet there are cracks in the soil in the yard. Too wet to plant and then too dry to grow. I don't understand. Everything is late. I had lettuce up to the middle of July, it is usually gone by the start of June. Just started getting tomatoes and cucumbers last week. Last year I was picking 8+ a week at this time. I didn't get any spinach or chard to grow at all this year.

Anyway, hoping to get some sewing done today. No yoga class this week, may have to give DH my car, and I have to get into the garden again.

Sounds like everyone has been keeping busy.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The neighbors grow a garden and I noticed yesterday they have pulled out almost everything. It must be a bad year for gardens everywhere.

I finished the shell except for the border. I started that but borders are pretty boring to stitch. I moved on the fairy and Iíll do a little on the border before I start the fairy every day. I made a last minute change on the fabric. I have several patterns in this series and the petals fabric is expensive. Also strange. It is a thick fabric and when I was figuring out the starting place it caught the light just right and it also has a very subtle woven flower pattern, looking almost embossed. Given itís expense, not being the color I expected, and general weirdness, I put it aside to use for something else. Iím just using a plain 32 count antique white that will be fine for any of the patterns. I got a small start on it last night. This one will take awhile - itís a lot of stitches. Happily the designer uses more stylized blocks of color rather than subtle shading. I like the style and it stitches more quickly. Double win.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We got the bulk of the rail done but we're out of lumber again. That's okay. We were planning not to put rails on all of it because it's less than 2 ft off the ground, but decided for safety we'd do all of it. We could still get badly hurt falling even a ft and a half, and things do get icy here. Otherwise, we would have had enough.

I made 2x4 cap rails, so now we can get some of those planters that go over deck rails. I've seen lots of them cheap, but never bought any because I didn't have any rails for them. Of course, now that I do, I will probably never see one again.

Husby bought some nice solar cap lights, so I made extra tall posts on each end for them. Should be helpful on dark nights when we go to the cabin.

Didn't get the table painted. Probably won't today.

I don't know what to say about the garden. The potatoes are doing great so some things are happy. The only things we seem able to grow consistently from year to year are sugar snap peas and green beans. And this year has been the best ever. I read this year they both love lots of water, so I think moving their spot to the new bed in front of the cabin, where they get the roof runoff dumped right on them, was a good choice for them. The pea plants are 4' high and that's never happened before.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got the little table done after all, and rinsed off the incredibly filthy glass top. Luckily it was just a thick layer of dust. I can Windex it in the AM. But I should be able to get the table out of the house tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will probably finish hemming the top this evening. I used contrast fabric to bind around the neckline, arm holes, and hem. The neck turned out a bit crazy and I may eventually re-do it, I have plenty of contrast scraps left over.
    Watched 2 episodes of "Home Fires". It took hubby about 10 minutes to get the TV/DVD player to work on the main floor. You can see why I never watch TV.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I got the fairyís second leg done except for backstitching and most of the bottom edge of the dress. The last thing I was working on was a blue so pale it is almost the same color as the off white fabric. My eyes must have been tired because I was having more and more difficulty with it and finally quit. It would have been easy enough on aida but this is 32 count worked over two stitches. It makes fractional stitches a breeze, but the counting can be trickier.

I may not get much done today. I slept badly and have to pick up groceries mid afternoon in town. Iím going to be totally wiped out by tonight. Actually Iím already pretty wiped out and itís not even 9:00.

I finally found the stash of cross stitch needles. Just in time. I need one with a larger eye for all the metallic thread in this one.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got a little more done on the wool afgan for a friend. I'm nearly done with skein #2. Fortunately, it's been comfortable enough to work on the wool afgan. I just have little patience for crocheting at the moment. Right now, I just want to be outside with the weather finally comfortable enough to actually be outside without freezing or melting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Decided on a 3rd coat of paint on the table, so I won't get rid of it till tomorrow.

We've decided to extend the front porch on the cabin by 3 ft, so that's become a priority all of a sudden. We only have to remove the steps all in one chunk, add a 3x4 deck section, and reattach the steps, so I hope it won't take long. Not sure when this is supposed to happen. Ugh.

Got 3 spare African violets repotted. I started them a while back from a leaf. I might see if the local flower and seed wants to buy them. Otherwise we'll drop them off at Husby's former work sometimes.

Pulled 4 cookbooks and went through them to see if they were still keepers. They're not, so they're in the donation box.

I think I've been roped into organizing an RV rally at Yellowstone in 2020. It's a bad venue for that but it would be fun.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Spent a frustrating afternoon with my corset pattern. It's been 15 years and about 15 pounds since my last one, so I can't use it as a template. This pattern is 6 sections on each side, so 12 pieces, and 12 seams to adjust. Luckily the front and back pieces all seem to fit, it's the sides giving me trouble. I've taken seams in, let seams out, re-sewn seams. I've put it down for the night. It's got lumps and I don't understand how to fix it. The good news is my brass belt buckles came and they look awesome.

DH's car is in the shop through the weekend, so I should have all day tomorrow to work through the sewing problems.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I understand the frustration, CH. I hope tomorrow the solution presents itself. Often a good night's sleep and a fresh start can work wonders. I know you'll figure it out.

I got the pieces sewed in the corners of the AAR to extend the flaps that tuck under the awning mat so the bottom of the room is sealed. It wasn't as difficult as expected. In fact, it was easy. I hope it's right. I'll find out when it's set up again. I also sewed one piece to another in hopes I won't have to add more Velcro. I think attaching the zippers on the ends of the skirt might be all the sewing left except the roof gusset. I have a few little non-sewing things to do yet but it's starting to feel like the end of this project is finally coming.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good luck with the pattern, CH. I generally buy my corsets. I still have them someplace around my closet. Right now, I doubt I really fit any of them as I'm pretty sure I gained weight since I've bought most of them. On the other hand, I'm starting to (and working on) losing weight. So eventually the ones I have should fit again. Then again, I"m not much of a corset person. I like how they look, at least the ones designed to be worn on the outside. But I don't like the feel of them, especially if they're too tight. I also tend to slouch normally so corsets feel weird. I may still use them once I lose some more weight for my Steampunk events.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got Mom's little table done, finally. I like how it turned out. She will like it too. It's a perfect fit for the space where she wants it.
    2019 Stash Management-20190802_100832_1564759977633.jpg

We ransacked the garage and found salvaged lumber for the porch extension, so that's a nice savings. We should have all the lumber and hardware except the decking, and since we only need 12 sf it shouldn't cost very much. The demolition should be easy. I hope. There's always something that doesn't go as planned. If we get a break from the humidity here, maybe we can get started.