2019 Stash Management - Page 107
Page 107 of 131 FirstFirst ... 75797104105106107108109110117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1956
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My only must do work today is putting away the groceries from yesterday. I looked at my order list and the last time I bought groceries was June 28. It was definitely time.

Other than that it’s play day. I hope to get a lot done on the bluebell fairy. I’ll focus on the light blue during the day. It is definitely a daylight color.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by renmerc446 View Post
    Good luck with the pattern, CH. I generally buy my corsets. I still have them someplace around my closet. Right now, I doubt I really fit any of them as I'm pretty sure I gained weight since I've bought most of them. On the other hand, I'm starting to (and working on) losing weight. So eventually the ones I have should fit again. Then again, I"m not much of a corset person. I like how they look, at least the ones designed to be worn on the outside. But I don't like the feel of them, especially if they're too tight. I also tend to slouch normally so corsets feel weird. I may still use them once I lose some more weight for my Steampunk events.
    I agree with you on the like how they look, but not how they feel. I really like how steampunk looks, but I can't stand to have tight fitting things around my waist. If I had a flat stomach I might try a loose fitting mock corset. But I am pretty pudgy, so a loose fitting mock corset would not look good on me.

We got our assignments for the reorganization this week. My new assignment does not look too bad as far as the people I will work with. I suspect the new office might have much more work for me though. We have been told what people are in each of the new offices. But we really do not know much about how are duties might change. It has been a pretty emotional week for me.
    KathyB

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

A well fitted corset should not be tight or uncomfortable. It should conform to your body, and if there is a little pudginess, it should smooth it out. If you are apple shaped it can give you a waistline without pinching or making it hard to breathe. I hate that in novels and tv shows they always make it seem like the woman is being laced into a torture device, when in reality they were not at all restrictive, just shaping and supporting. I find an underwire bra far more uncomfortable than a good corset.

Anyway, I think I figured out the issue, it's in the side panels. There is not enough width at the hip. At least not enough in the right places.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD nice table, I hardly ever find good stuff like that. Well, I did find a nice beach towel last month that someone threw over the pool fence. New (sale) price at Bed Bath & Beyond was about $15.
    Kathy if it's any consolation my work environment basically stinks too. Counting the days to the end of the year, and trying to make myself work more hours to put away money (hourly wage.) Grinding teeth a lot.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The table didn't look like that when it came home. It was filthy, the finish was all flaking and peeling, and the legs were all loose and crooked. But nothing was broken, so it was easy to take it all apart which made it easy to sand, then glued and clamped it, primed and painted. It sure looks different now. It was so bad Husby didn't even want to drag it home, but he has no vision. 😁

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Fussed with the corset pattern all day. I am on mock-up #2. Getting good use out of fabric leftovers that have been taking up space for 15 years. I have the general fit where I want it, this weekend I will try and move a curved seam so the spacing of the panels is a little more even.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I made good progress on the cross stitch yesterday. More of the same today. A little housework, lots of stitching.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy to hear you're making progress, CH. It sounds like the worst is over.

We ran errands today. When we got home I sewed 2 cool ties, those neck coolers that are soaked in water with water absorbing crystals inside. I've made some to donate to soldiers but never used them myself. Hope they work.

Other than that, haven't done much.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mom was very happy to get her table. It looks nice in its new home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm very frightened. 😁 Husby is planning our trip to Illinois next month. He sucks at trip planning. He thinks he can go by Mapquest's travel time, so he's been using that to plan overnight stops. *tearing out hair* He doesn't believe me our average speed is 50 mph, which includes dog stops, lunch, gas stops, road construction, traffic, driving under the speed limit while towing, Mapquest misdirection, and other assorted real life conditions. I don't know why this is news to him because I've been planning our trips for almost 20 yrs using the 50 mph average and, barring something very out of the ordinary, can get us to a destination 500 miles away with a half hour or less deviation from our ETA. I don't think he believes me that Mapquest uses optimum times based on no stops, perfect weather, and driving every mile at posted speed limits. MY ACHIN' HEAD! He also does not understand he can't plan camping stops without taking into account stops to visit attractions along the way. He looks only at mileage. It can't be done that way. Everything ties together and it all has to be considered as a whole. I don't know why he can't just let me do a first draft of the itinerary and then we can discuss and fine tune it all, like we've always done it.

I cut out a new top. I'm debating if I should sew it now or wait for my serger to get home. I need to cut another one so I can sew them at the same time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD - sounds like itís shaping up to be an interesting trip - lol. Perhaps a necessary learning experience.

So much for lots of stitching yesterday. What with one thing and another I didnít start on the cross stitch until 8, and soon had a bout of severe indigestion so the stitching was half hearted at best for a while. I ate nothing unusual and have no idea why that happened. No discernible reason at all. Cíest la vie.

I should fare better on it today. I really like the blues/purples in it. For the DMC knowledgeable, the base blue is 800, a shade that is rarely used in my patterns, and 794, from a blue series that also doesnít seem to come up much. The purple shading are the 333 types, not the more usual 210s or 550s. Itís been a nice change to work with this palette.

Always thinking ahead to whatís next, I may do a hummingbird with a blooming cactus - I think. I havenít looked at the pattern for a very little long time. There is a fabric I want to use for it so I will do it if it fits on the piece I have. If it doesnít, Iíll probably do something else completely. The fabric is 14 count, regrettably, but should look good with the hummingbird.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Just a quick post to show a finished jigsaw puzzle.

2019 Stash Management-img_20190804_115718736_1564943358002.jpg
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That puzzle is beautiful. I bought a yard of plain cream color fabric for a quilted table runner, half price coupon so $2.50 at JA.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's beautiful, Kathy. I love the colors and the cat, too.

D, he planned the last one, when we went for the bog walks. We didn't get to the second one because he over-scheduled and overestimated our energy in hot weather. There wasn't enough time to comfortably drive to the second bog and we were too tired from wrangling our dogs through the first bog when it was hot. That was only a 2 night trip. No way am I letting him plan a 2 weeker! He doesn't realize I mix in down time and light travel days so we're not exhausted from constant motion. Boring stuff like laundry and grocery shopping never occur to him, but of course those things take time that has to be anticipated and scheduled. He also drastically underestimates how long it takes to go through something like a small museum, and it's twice as long if we have to go through separately. It was a major battle when we went to Yellowstone in 2010. He figured we could see Roosevelt NP, Glacier NP, YS, Grand Teton, and the Black Hills with all its attractions, plus drive 900 miles each way to and from the Hills, in 15 days. Ugh. He thought we could see all of YS in 2 days, and insisted anything more than that was a waste of vacation time. I knew we needed a week, minimum, and would not have much time to see any place else due to the 40 hrs or so of driving time involved.We were in YS six days and did not get to see the Lamar Valley due to an unexpected trip to Grand Teton which ate up a day. We drove over 1,000 miles inside YS, not included in the 40 hrs travel time. We could have easily spent another week there. It was hilarious when we took our recon trip to southern WY, UT, ID, and northern WY in 2013. He complained the 2 nights there wasn't enough, but basically it was a short stop to do laundry, get showers, say hi to Old Faithful, and have some down time on that exhausting trip. That was all the time we had. Good thing I prevailed on the first trip or we wouldn't have seen anything.

Anyway, after 20 years of trip planning, I feel like it makes more sense for me to keep doing the planning. Besides, I like it. It's more amusing than anything that he wants to take over now.

We ripped the steps off the cabin today. We're hoping to get the new extension framed tomorrow and maybe make a run to Menards Tuesday, so we could get the new decking and also the stuff for the gutter project. I broke 2 stair treads and a stair stringer tearing them apart. I can repair the stringer but will have to replace at least one of the treads. Crap happens, and it's not a big deal. I'm looking forward to both projects.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great puzzle! It looks like fun.

I got out the hummingbird pattern and itís a no go. It would fit the fabric piece but is loaded with quarter stitches. The fabric is Aida and I have vowed never again to do a pattern with more than a few fractionals on aida. They are so much easier on even weave. Iíll eventually find something else for the fabric.

Iím working on getting some of the very pale blue done before the sun goes down.