2019 Stash Management - Page 11
Page 11 of 194 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161111 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

lol good ideas put her to work. fastest way to get rid of kids sometimes or if not you get something done.

just working on the capelet. can't do much at a time. but though I followed the pattern the neckline seems really big. so I may have to add some stitching on top. no use having a cape if it is hanging off the shoulders.

unless something happens will finally get to dd quilt. just basic sewing material together to cover an old comforter. had old fabric from ikea decades ago orange / green/blue pattern and bought $70 of other fabric to match for the other side and that was half price. the ikea fabric is very good sturdy fabric so wanted something similar for the other side.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got the gowns pressed. I will be happy when the handwork is done. I don't mind this kind so much because it's just tacking something on, so doesn't take long and adds a lot to each gown. Figuring out the bonnets will take some time, because each gown is unique and the bonnets have to match if possible.

I like making this stuff but I'm ready for a break.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

got the wedding dress taken in, so bride will be coming for a fitting on Wednesday. We are supposed to get that snow/ice crap this weekend too. I do not like the ice or driving in it. I hope they do cancel church again for this weather. I don't want to be caught out in it on Sunday, especially if we do get that flash freeze they are talking about. So it is back to string blocks for me for a while and stitching on DGS's fleece blanket that I want to get the crochet edging on. keep up the great work. I do enjoy reading all you are working on!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well our rain was a big fizzle! We got around .1 inch. Only one thhnderstorm sometime around midnight. We’ve had a lot of rain lately though so that’s probably a good thing. We are due for more Tuesday and Wednesday.

I finished the stash sort and epic table clear! Bragging rights photos to come.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It turns out we are doing better financially than I thought. My husband was not counting our last paycheck in shutdown savings. Our pay arrives two weeks after the pay period ends.

I have found out from my husband that we are actually living quite a bit below our means. Most of that has been going to paying extra on credit cards and some in savings. We should be able to pay off our last two credit cards. After that our only debt will be morgage.

Once those two debts are paid we will actually be able to live at half our income. After deductions. This does not count vacations. So maybe 55 to 60 percent. Our vacations are not that extravagant.

This is pretty mind blowing to me. Sometimes I wondered what benefit we were getting out of all our frugalness. Now I know.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Kathy - that’s great news! I’m sure you’re breathing more easily as this stupid shutdown drags on and on.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's great, Kathy! Not just for now, but for paying off CCs later, before you thought you would. Hopefully you will be back to work soon.

I got a few gowns embellished but then remembered I had to make dog food. That's done for the next 37 days now. I'm working on 'long down' with Storm lately, because otherwise he trots around the kitchen island moaning to himself if I'm making their food, or yelling his head off if I'm just getting his lunch out. Either way, he can behave better. Today I made him 'down' while I put their food in freezer containers, which takes a while. Poor tortured boy. He did fairly well and I only had to reset him about 3 times. He will get the hang of it. He's smart but stubborn.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I was going to do the kitchen today but the weather has finally caught up with my arthritis so the agenda has changed. There are a few must do tasks in there but that will be it for the day. Normally I would welcome the excuse in my slothful way but finishing with the stash has given me a burst of momentum and it’s annoying to lose that, but it is what it is. Here are the ta-da photos from the stash hoarder warehouse.

The new sewing cart, craft library (not all of it is craft - some cookbooks down below), beads, buttons, and charms. The cubbies with bins are mostly books (keepers that I have read) and puzzles, not stash.

The cleared work tables (hooray!)

Bookcase with small fabric, cart with all the variegated yarn to turn into scarves. Sorry it’s sideways. Stupid phone.

Left cabinet - threads etc. Middle cabinet - ribbons, trims, sequins, miscellaneous embellishments. Right cabinet - sewing WIPS, felt, larger fabric cuts, panels, big print fabric, muslin, flannel, batting, stabilizers and such. Across the bottom- just stuff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Stash Management-2479995a-f5bc-4602-8cd1-bbde21ba4367.jpg  

2019 Stash Management-19642f5a-d2ce-4cc1-821d-7027aed6b00a.jpg  

2019 Stash Management-a0b67e0a-697e-4c7a-b4e5-851c4c1db4aa.jpg  

2019 Stash Management-60a464dd-bc45-4572-8d9d-7dff08d06224.jpg  

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Looking good, D! If you figure out the secret for keeping it that way, let me know. 😁

Not getting much done today. It always tires me out to make dog food.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

If I figure out how to keep it that way, short of never touching it again, I’m going to write a book and be rich and famous.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

looks awesome!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

impressive. I don't have that much space. But I do live within driving distance of a lot of stores.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I just devote almost all the space I have in this little 850 sq ft house to it. It’s why my attic sees so much activity. Also why I am anxious to work through some of the yarn stash. I have another cabinet in the pantry alcove with a lot of yarn. It would be nice to free up that space.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, yea. We're under a wind chill warning till noon tomorrow. We're supposed to get down close to 30 below tonight, with wind chills down to minus 50. Just so air temps stay above -44 so we have heat. I hope everyone facing bad weather stays safe. It sounds like the midwest got pounded already, and now New England is gonna get it. Glad we're not going anywhere this weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD - that sounds just too awful. Our summers are killers but I like our mild winters. We’re supposed to drop below freezing, down to about 28, but only for three or four hours before sunrise. It’s was wildly windy all day but that has ended.

I’ve been looking through some of my books. So many great ideas. I want to try them all at once, and skip right by learning to walk, leaping straight into flying. I wish. Tomorrow can be kitchen day, I hope, and then I still think I’m going to play with coloring lace before I start piecing blocks. I should have some it done, because it should mostly be added at the piecing stage.

I crocheted a little tonight. I should get back to that but I have become addicted to code word puzzles and they have been bumping the scarf work.