2019 Stash Management - Page 111
Page 111 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1161101108109110111112113114121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2906
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I didn’t get as much done on the cross stitch as I planned yesterday. LGs Girl Scout troop met out here and after they left I was lured over for a visit with Sharon who had come out. They are going to do a camp out here in October. It’s a mixed age group and a few of the girls are quite young, so they can sleep on the more secure feeling screen porch while the others sleep outside in tents. It should be a hoot. It won’t be exactly roughing it in the wilderness but they’re going slow with the little ones. LG only joined a month or so ago and her first meeting was held here. The kids and moms all love it so it may eventually become the regular meeting place. All the families are from the country area around here so it doesn’t feel remote to them.

It looks like I will have enough of the doubtful metallic, so I went on and sent the order. It should be here by the end of the week. It’s going to make the toucan harder than the gridded fabric I ordered for it but I have plenty of other complicated patterns I can use it on.

I bumped the a/c up a couple of degrees so it won’t have to work quite so hard. I should have done it days ago. I’ll be comfortable with the ceiling fan on, and that’s my excuse today to spend the day like a slug in my recliner and cross stitch. I’m ready to be finished with this fairy and move on to something else.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Started this morning with a massive headache and cat barf all over my sewing room floor. It can only get better, right?

Sitting in the recliner all day sounds like a great idea, DC.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like a great place for Scouts!

We're sort of puttering today. We've been trying to figure out what to do with our trash cans for a while now. I was out slapping Eternabond on the one that got damaged by the snowplow and got reminded the cans need to be moved, so came up with a plan. We can move them back about 3 feet which will put them behind the guy line on our power pole and the pole itself. The plow will not hit those things. That would also give us 10 more feet of length when we're trying to manuever the camper into its spot, which should be a huge help. The catch is we have to build a 2x10 platform to cantilever out over the drop-off behind the current location. That should be easy enough. I expect it will be one of those small changes the makes a big difference. It will look neater, too.

It's no wonder we never get caught up.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH - that’s definitely a less than optimal beginning. I hope you feel better soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Blah. My phone still isn't working. I did wait a bit long to call in the first place but nothing has happened since I had the tech come out back in March. Verizon was supposed to be working with the maintenance people here at my apartment complex since March but nothing was done. I really should probably cancel the service since it's my landline in my apartment but I really like having access to voice mail. I have issues access the voice mail on my cell phone. Beside, my cell phone is a pay-as-you go plan anyway. I might switch over to a monthly plan with a more stable company, though.

But I have an appointment to have a tech come out for my landline on Saturday so I'll probably be stuck in the house for most of the afternoon. I probably should've done the mid-day period. Oh well, I'll get some work done on my afgan while I wait. I have plenty of Great Courses lectures to watch as well. I didn't really have anything planned for the afternoon, except maybe going to the farmer's market in the morning.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That's awful about the phone, but at least you found some use for the time you have to wait. I'd hit them up for a refund/reimbursement/credit for lost service time, too.

It's getting toasty here. 94 and climbing. Time to turn the fans on. I did the car registration online and saved myself having to drive out. Did some mending this morning. Got another pouch nearly assembled. I am out of the lining fabric I was using, will dig through my stash of neutrals for something else.

Good news, my two new journals came. One was exactly what I expected, and brand new, too. The other I hesitated to buy but took the chance because it was cheap. The artist I like did two kinds of journals, blank ones, and ones which are more like self-help books. There was no photo or real description so I didn't know what to expect. I got lucky, it was blank, though two pages had been ripped out of the front. I wish people would not do that, it damages the binding and integrity of the book. The book tape I bought earlier this year got put to use.

I've got some cross-in-star blocks to cut this afternoon. I found two different pinks in my stash. One I like more, but I'm not sure there is enough for two blocks. I may do one in each fabric.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, if they can't fix the phones this time around, I"m seriously considering cancelling the service and seeing about getting my money back. The tech back in March suggested I put my account on hold while I was getting all of this fixed but I didn't get around to it. (I thought things were going to be fixed sooner than this.) I did say I wasn't going to pay any more while things were being sorted out and the person I was talking to sounded sympathetic about that. Whether or not the company feels the same is another matter. It's weird - the call comes through but doesn't actually connect. I can see the phone number on my caller ID ~and~ hear it ringing through the line as a sort of buzzing/humming sound.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hubby spray-painted white the formerly fuchsia milk crate (from among brother's junk collection). He made a wooden top fit it. Now I need to gather up padding and fabric to cushion and cover the top for a foot-rest. This is intended for outside use in my under-deck patio. But I would not leave it outside all the time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

In looking for something suitable for padding I conclude that cutting layers of old sweatshirts and towels (of which I have plenty) will probably be more effective than foam as a cushion. The top is plywood and it's HARD. Sounds like this week's project.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Depends on the foam. Some of it is quite sturdy. It is also easier to squeeze the water out when it accidentally gets wet.

I got my quilt blocks cut out so, if nothing else, I have something to sew at the quilt guild meet-up next Monday.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The end is in sight for the fairy. I’m almost finished with the wings. Next is backstitching. There’s a fair amount of it but it’s mostly long lines so it should go quickly. Then a border. Then beads. I’m getting rather tired of fairy. Instead of immediately starting the poison ivy fairy, I may do something else first. I’ll also start the toucan when the fabric arrives. On the other hand I’ve already pulled all the thread for poison ivy and it shouldn’t take as long as bluebell. The big wide skirt was a lot of stitching and the large wings feel like an acre of metallic.

Like the rest of the country it’s going to be another scorcher here. The one time I checked yesterday the heat index was 108. At least it was better than Sunday when it was 109 when I looked - lol. I’m planning another low key day under the ceiling fan.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Stay cool, dc. Triple digit indexes are brutal so I hope the head breaks for your area soon.

I was able to get some more work done on the wool afgan last night. It's coming along... slowly.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's only 70 here today. Our weather is already thinking about switching over to fall mode.

We got the platform done for the trash cans. We should be able to finish the rails tomorrow, except we might need to buy another board or 2. Moving the trash cans out of our way should be a big improvement, and worth the little time it took.

Dang, we're spending a lot on home improvement this year. But using up lots of stash, too. So much of what we're doing is stuff that's been on hold for a long time and mods and chores we had most or all of the stuff to do on hand, so that's help keep costs down.

We used up 4 pieces of scrap decking, 3 pieces of scrap or salvage 4x4 posts, 2 pieces of salvaged 2x6s, 6 assorted concrete blocks on the project so far, and bought two 10' and one 8' 2x6, so overall saved quite a bit. I'm still thinking about how to build the rails and with what. We probably have something workable, just have to give it some thought and buy a 10' 2x4.

Then it's finally time to work on the gutter, or maybe the AAR. The AAR is so close to done, it would be good to finally finish it up and get it out of my sewing spaces.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here's a pic from last spring to help explain the new trash can space. I forgot to take a recent before pic. Ignore the spilled trash. This was a bear incident.
    2019 Stash Management-20190501_083647_1565723808169.jpg

Here's what we have done so far on the new space. Moving the cans behind the guy line will be a big help and keep the cans from being hit by the plow in winter.
    2019 Stash Management-20190813_140854_1565724156655.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Can't wait to see the finished bluebell fairy!

That's a nice platform for the trash cans. Bet you're glad to see your projects getting done and space cleared out of the garage and storage areas.

I dropped two boxes of misc stuff at the Salvation Army today on my way to JA. Found my thread and a couple other goodies. The remnant bin is mostly fleece and flannel now, but there is a big sale on quilt fabric starting later this week so I expect it to fill up as people start thinking of fall and cooler weather.

One of DH's experiments failed last night and the house smells of burned plastic. I'm tempted to open a window, it is that bad. It is 92 out and starting to feel hot. The heat index is only 99 right now, but it should go up a bit in the next few hours.

Use it up, Wear it out,