2019 Stash Management - Page 113
Page 113 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1363103110111112113114115116123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2132
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congrats on the borders, D! I bet the beads will be beautiful when finished.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Not having a computer out here, I do everything on the phone. Occasionally it’s aggravating but basically works fine. I just don’t let it remember passwords for anything involving actual money like the bank and PayPal. It play the audiobooks on it so it’ pretty much busy non stop.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yes, the apps are another big reason I got the phone. Every place has one now and all the loyalty programs have switched over to phone apps. Now I always have a coupon for the craft store because I can pull one up while standing in line. Or look at the sale ad.

My phone barely fits in my purse, which is smaller than average. The phone is heavier than normal, too, because I was always forgetting to charge it, so it has a battery that lasts 3-4 days. It took time to get used to, but now it feels wrong if the phone isn't there.

I put FV in the phone, but don't know how you can stand it with the ads all over and the tiny links, I'm always clicking on the wrong thing. And it shows the 2018 stash challenge but not the 2019 thread.

Today I am working on a hair clip for the show tomorrow. I already made a scrunchie with the neon green fabric. Yes, nobody will miss seeing us on stage. If I do this right I'll have a nice flower clip-on that won't fall off or come apart.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm very careful about which computer I use when I'm purchasing things online, particularly if I'm at a place that doesn't have secure wi-fi. So I doubt I will ever purchase anything on my phone, especially since there's a chance I may forget it some place if I can't fit it in my pocket. I'm also worried the new phone will get cracked or I'll do a mis-dial. I can fit the new phone in my purse but I tend to not carry my purse during the weekend. I like the ability to just slip ID's, keys, and phone into my pocket and go. Right now, I want to remove apps, not add them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I decided to de-stuff an old sofa cushion for padding the crate top and I found a large enough scrap of tan faux suede to use for the fabric.
    I found a LOT of heavy orange felt in stash so thinking something pumpkin/Halloween related is on the horizon.
    This web site has a ton of ideas using felt. This might be a portable project for dad's house.
    https://americanfeltandcraft.wordpre...felt-pumpkins/

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

TA-DA!!

It’s not trimmed or pressed, but it’s done. The sparkle on the wings doesn’t show well in the photo, which is a shame because they were a lot of work. I don’t know why it made up that weird rippling at the bottom of the fabric. It’s all like the top.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Stash Management-0b189d8b-50f2-4e95-8106-5d2008effc8a.jpg  

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Blech. Still hate the new phone. I think I need someone to show me how to get rid of the apps I don't want. The new phone comes with apps already uploaded that really just need to go.

The phone does fit in my pockets but not easily or comfortably. Sigh. I'm really annoyed with it. I also hate having spent money on things that don't work out.

On the other hand, I did get some work done on the wool afgan last night. It's supposed to get warm over the weekend and into the first part of next week. So I'm probably going to switch over to another project until it gets cool again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

D, your fairy turned out gorgeous. She's all attitude, too. I like that!

I never used to carry a purse, but I conceded to a small one because of my phone. Husby started carrying a purse, too.

There should be an option to delete apps within the app itself, or through Settings. Otherwise, try an online search for your model of phone to find out how to delete or disable apps. I don't understand the problem, because apps don't usually open unless you open them, so they shouldn't cause problems. If they do open, then that's most likely a setting you can change within the app.

CH, I use Ad Block Plus on my phone. It doesn't get rid of all ads but it helps a lot. If your phone uses Android, it's available free through Google Play.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH, are you using the mobile option for FV? If not, you can find it by going to Settings within the FV site, then scroll way, way, WAY to the bottom of the page to a gray rectangle that says something about a mobile version. Click that. You may have to close the page and reopen it to get it to take effect.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oops, it's not Settings where you find the Enhanced Mobile View button, it's at the very bottom of the page where all the different forums are listed. Sorry.

This is one bad thing about the mobile version, no way to go back and edit once you hit the arrow button to post.

You can change font size for the mobile version by clicking the 3 dots in the upper right corner, then clicking Settings and selecting the size font you prefer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DC your fairy turned out beautifully! I'm sure the rippling will iron out.

I'm dying to try my new purse pattern, but my costume is top of the list for next week. I have just enough time to pull it off if there are no more delays. I don't like a big purse, and on the other hand I don't do well stuffing things in pockets. I've had money work its way out of my back pocket, I wouldn't want to lose an ID or CC. I don't carry a lot of keys but my car fob is nearly 1" thick and pretty uncomfortable. With a purse everything I need is already in it. Of course in winter I have a coat with big pockets, but most of the year I don't.

This is the pattern I got: https://indygojunction.com/products/...stitched-purse It's got a little pocket inside, I may add a 2nd larger one to hold my phone.

I'm trying a new goal: finish something before I start a new project. We'll see how long that lasts. I have so many open projects that just need an afternoon or two to get them done, I really ought to focus on one.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks. It’s not the fabric that is rippled, it’s just a visual effect from the camera. On the whole, it’s a disappointing photo. The fabric is whiter and the colors brighter than it looks like there.

I have a pile of those unfinished projects too.

I started the cactus last night but need to spend more time on the house today. I also have a pile of thread that needs to be filed away in its boxes and other cross stitch stuff that needs to be put away.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pics never seem to do a good job showing colors.

Got another batch of chicken air fried. I really need to start using it for other stuff, but even if I don't, it's still paying for itself. I made a double batch of hot pretzels, too.

Don't think we'll get much done today. It stormed overnight and it's really humid again. Consequently, I'm not feeling too well. My back still hurts, too. Oh, well, there's always tomorrow, and if not, it won't matter what I don't get done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    Pics never seem to do a good job showing colors..
    That's why Photoshop was invented.

2019 Stash Management-0b189d8b-50f2-4e95-8106-5d2008effc8a.jpg

Also, when you're taking pics with your phone, try tapping once on the center of the screen to see if you can adjust the lighting values. A slide bar or something will pop up on some models.

We got very little rain last night, though some areas had damaging winds and power outages. Another round due tonight, late. It is very humid today. This morning's humidity was higher than the temperature.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yes! That’s what she looks like. I really need to take time to learn how to use the camera. Thanks a bunch for the assist.