2019 Stash Management - Page 117
Page 117 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1767107114115116117118119120127 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 2112
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I prefer white walls. What I have now is nearly white. The paint had a something-white name, but there is a very pale cool gray tint to it. If I ever paint it again I will look for a whiter white. I was determined not to end up with anything with a warm creamy tint - like every apartment I have ever lived in.

The first word I ever consciously remember learning was from paint. I must have been about 3. My dad was painting a stairwell and I must have said something like I liked the green because he told me it was called chartreuse. How I loved that word! And I’ve loved words ever since - lol.

The out of print mermaid pattern I found in the Philippines arrived today. I’ll get around to it someday. Last night as I was thinking about Christmas patterns I remembered one I saw on Pinterest. It was a tree with very plain widely spaced branches that were embellished with all sorts of beads. When I saw it I thought it would be a lot of fun to do. I may have a go at that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

finished the scarf out of caron cake buttercream. had taken it along on trip but was more of a pillow then anything else. teen attitude and damn cat peeing on stuff is driving me nuts. 3 litter boxes downstairs and she comes upstairs to pee on things. moved litter box downstairs because she wasn't using it and it was causing me allergies and then she goes and pees where it was. peed on gifts and electronics that she or the other cat knocked off the table to the floor. just peed on ds shoes. dh is you have been cranky since you came back ..wonder why! got some yarn on sale too the other day. 2019 Stash Management-scarfbuttercream.jpg2019 Stash Management-latte.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

one level in a flat area is good close to amenities. I know from family and neighbours things happen and you don't have control over it. my moms heart..now she can't walk uphill and her house is on a hill. neighbour had a stroke can't go out on her own because one side is disabled. list goes on. mil didn't care for her health well enough so now legally blind in a home.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Lovely scarf, M. I sometimes take craft projects when I travel, I usually don't get much done on them either. I'm not taking one next week since we're going to a big hobby show, but I'll probably take some hand work to kill time at the hotel in FL this fall in case the weather is too bad for pool sitting.

It sounds like it is time for a cat playpen for you guys. https://images.app.goo.gl/JvPQwLvdfr861Aqc8 We had to get one for our aged cat a few years ago. He could not be left unsupervised for any period or he'd pee somewhere. He had his own food bowl and a small litter pan. He wasn't locked up all the time, just every night and when we left the house.

It's cool and grey today (72F!) and I think I will work on a couple of projects and see which ones are most interesting.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I was awake way too early today. A neighbor was mowing the large area on the north side of the house - bedroom side of course - and then generally around my house. There was no sleeping through it. I certainly can’t fault them for being out doing it before the heat cranks up. I can always take a nap.

I said the toucan was going to be slow going but that turned out to be an understatement. It’s creeping. This is the slowest patch because every new symbol means taking time to thread another needle. However when there are only a few stitches that leaves me with thread in the needle that I can just pick up the next time. Last night shortly before I quit, with maybe 100-125 stitches left in this section, I counted symbols for them. 29. Sigh. Some are colors I haven’t used yet, some were scatteted stitches I had missed earlier. I have only myself to blame because I knew the pattern would be like this. It’s going to be grand though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yes my crochet projects I bought made a nice pillow lol did do the most on the plane ride home time was going so slow. was catching up on shows yesterday while it rained hard. perfect excuse lol. will do that today too since I don't need to drive my mom. kids can go to store and library for me. need to find great british sewing bee 5 to watch. amazon delivered the diffuser early yesterday so dh plugged it in downstairs since that is where the cat was. dd complained of feeling nauseous so said it was probably needed breakfast but it wasn't plugged it upstairs and it is bugging me. so 45 bucks down the drain. maybe a calming collar ..same idea. doped up on catnip and outside at the moment. see a towel at bottom of stairs so will see if she peed on that and that is why is downstairs waiting for a wash. will ph dh. the cage looks like the bird cages we just got rid off!

just going to work on projects. watch last season bake off. they play it on cbc here but they cut the technical challenge right out for commercials so not the same. sleeping a lot catching up I guess. could have gone to bed at 8pm last night but watched a dvd up at 5am but then back asleep until 730.

the scarf I am giving to friends child. was making her a paw prints one a few months ago but then their cat disappeared so will give this one instead. not fixed year old out at night so coyote probably. kids are pet sitting friends pets so will pop over one day to see their colour scheme because I don't really remember it. so I can make them a blanket since I haven't made them anything yet.
    Last edited by marthamfi; 08-22-2019 at 02:43 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It looks like rain, so we decided not to start the gutter. Instead, we dragged out the EZ Up style canopy I had originally planned to use for the AAR on the camper. It's been several years since I looked at it, and even more since I looked at the screen gazebo I got for $5 without a frame. It will be more of a project than I hoped, but even though it will be a lot of work, it shouldn't be difficult. Two of the screen panels need minor repair, no big deal. I need to add some length to the circumference, because the EZ Up frame I will use for this is a little bit bigger than the original. I will also add a skirt all around the bottom to help keep dogs in and bugs out. All easy stuff. This screen room is big enough to set up over an 8' picnic table, or to put our recliners in, and it's quicker and easier to use than our new AAR. We will have use for both of them. I wouldn't go buy another screen room, but since we already spent the money for everything to make it, might as well get it ready to use. There will be times we will use it instead of the AAR, but will enjoy both.

We also dragged a bunch of gear out to see how we might improve storage in the miniature truck bed on our Avalanche. We got some ideas out of that. The problem is we're not using the vertical space very well, so need to figure out how to do better. It's a start.

Still plenty to do around here. Not sure if I will get much done on either the truck box or the screen tent this fall, but I'll probably do some of the prep work. Since it should be pretty straightforward, it might go quicker than anticipated.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That sounds like a big job, SD.

I spent time today getting ready for our trip. There's a fair bit of paperwork to print. Worked some on the green and orange quilt. It looks like this so far. The pattern will repeat and there will be a final row of solid green. I pulled out a cute animal print for the white spaces.

2019 Stash Management-dscn1125.jpg

In retrospect I think I would switch placement of the orange and green floral with the solid lime green. The floral is too close to the orange butterfly print. But it is what it is and I'm going to finish it. Most of my fabrics were half yards, so it seems like there is enough for a second quilt.

Hemmed one pair of jeans. Will do the other pair tomorrow.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I finished the basket project. I took several shortcuts but am satisfied. The way I have it put together now everything can easily be taken apart and the components re-used. Not sure what the next project will be, but I have enough leftover fabric for another top to match a silky poly skirt. We are supposed to cool off for next several days - hooray. Forgot to say hubby's mom did the needlepoint so I wanted to use it. She has been gone 20 years. 2019 Stash Management-img_0979.jpg
    Last edited by dlrcpa; 08-22-2019 at 08:40 PM. Reason: additional

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The quilt is coming together nicely, CH.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DLR, the basket looks so pretty, and what a nice way to remember your MIL.

I realized late yesterday the screen walls of the gazebo all zip off the roof. My work load for the new screen room just went way, way down. I
    ripped off 40' of zippers last night, literally, which took about 15 minutes. I have to modify the walls to make them a few inches bigger around, but that's a plus. The 4 door zippers are set right in the screening, guaranteed not to stand up to use. The tops of the screens, which get a lot of stress, are slightly damaged already due to the poor design. I will add length to each wall by setting the zipper doors in ripstop nylon wide enough to achieve the right length. Win-win. Then I can just sew the zippers that attach the walls to the new roof that came with the EZ Up. Add nylon skirting, and presto, a new screen room. Can't wait to work on this now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Martha, I hope you find a solution to your cats problem. Has the vet ruled out any medical issues?

I tend to over estimate how much I will get done on crafts during vacation too. I used to crochet on airplanes, but the seats have become narrower. I don't have enough elbow room now. But it is nice to have something to do for in between times. My husband and I are early birds. Most things don't open till nine or ten. So there is a big chunk of time between breakfast and our first activity of the day.

I finished my swan. I have some pellets in the base and light stuffing for the rest. That keeps her pretty stable. The wings are sewn around the edges instead of in the middle. That makes them stand out more.

2019 Stash Management-img_20190823_104108509_1566572279525.jpg
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH - you’re really zipping along on the quilt. D - the basket is nice. That’s a good way to use the needlepoint. SD - it’s always great when a project gets easier.

Yesterday I took time to go on and thread needles with all the toucan colors. Talk about a boring hour! But it speeds up the stitching so I feel like I’m accomplishing more. The section of pattern I’m working now has a tiny bit of bird, 17 stitches with 8 colors between them, and the rest is leaves.

This is not a happy day at my house. I was awakened early again with heavy equipment rumbles and backup beeping. Trees across the road in front of this property are coming down. I like the trees there. It remains to be seen if it is selected trees or if the whole wood is being cleared. If the latter there will be lots of noise for who knows how long and a view with a lot less green. It was inevitable, and my house here is the result of clearing too, but I can still be selfish enough to find it unwelcome. Ah well. Life goes on. At least when this was cleared they left us a handful of trees they didn’t want for timber.

On the plant front two of the struggling hawthorns I was going to rip out have suddenly in the last few weeks had a new burst of life and are looking much better. I’ll probably keep those. One is definitely going, but I’ll see what the third does in the next couple of months.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Kathy - the swan turned out great.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dlr, the basket looks really nice. And I see you left it so you can change out the lining from season to season if you want a new look.

Kathy, your swan is beautiful. What are you going to do with her?

DC, I never understood folks who have the "This is a beautiful, secluded wooded area, let's knock it down and build a bunch of houses here" mentality. A lot of the time the trees aren't logged and used, just torn down and trashed. Two nice wooded lots nearby got built on and they didn't save a single tree. There's a few undeveloped parcels around, it's only matter of time before they become shoddily built apartment units.

Not sure what's going to happen today. Have a lot of trip prep to do. DH is home "sick" again, and will be a distraction. OTOH, I can get his car vacuumed out for the trip if I really want to.

Use it up, Wear it out,