2019 Stash Management - Page 118
Page 118 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1868108115116117118119120121128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2112
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love your swan, Kathy.

We've taken down quite a few trees here. Dozens. There are plenty left though, as you can see in most of my pics. They get cut for various reasons, often for safety.

We went out and moved a bunch of stuff away from the lumber rack so we could actually see it for a change. Husby was shocked how much empty space was in it. He doesn't realize how often I use that stuff, so doesn't understand why it's annoying to have to try to wiggle around a bunch of stuff to barely reach something I need. He wasn't home when I did that so never saw how much stuff I used up. Anyway, we were able to get a fair amount of new stuff put into the rack so that's sorted and out of the way. We moved a stack of salvaged lumber into the rafters to make platforms to store stuff. It's a big improvement, but now there's stuff in the middle of the floor. We seem to have about 10 pails of charcoal. Why? Time to start grilling, I guess.

We found a piece of OSB with vinyl flooring glued to it, cut to 2x4 ft. Perfect for the truck bed platform. Then we rounded up scrap 2x4s for the legs and cut and attached those. Simplest project we've done in ages. We discovered when we try to slide the top chair in, it hangs up on the bottom one, but we found a piece of thin paneling the right size to fit between. No cutting there either. You can't really see the chairs in this pic. They're behind the white box. 2019 Stash Management-20190823_104059_1566576957516.jpg
    The white box is a fridge drawer we will use to throw our jackets in. They normally get tossed around willy nilly, so much I'm still surprised they haven't been ruined. Problem solved, finally. The canopy/screen room slides under the recliners. Those heavy, awkward things usually got buried so deep we wouldn't bother to use them, or else on top of stuff smashing it so we had to move them to get anything else in there. Now they can sit on their shelf, easily accessible by moving the jacket box which is light and has a nice built in handle, or not in the way of anything else. We have other stuff that has to go in the truck box for trips, so will have to see how it all works out, but at least the theory can be field tested now.

We like the platform and plan to leave it in the truck most of the time. It would be handy for out of town shopping, so it's worth a try.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cute swan, Kathy. A friend made me a hanky bunny with embroidery on one side. I also found another one when we were cleaning out my parents house before sale. Not sure where Mom got it but it's mine now.

The cold front finally arrived and we got rain last night. It's still cloudy with occasional rain but the temps have dropped ~20*. It's going to remain cool for the next few days with the temps dropping to ~55* or 60* at night. It'll be cool enough to make working on the wool afgan comfortable again. I think I'm becoming a bit more sensitive to really hot or really cold days and nights over the past few years. I wasn't too bothered with the heat until last month when I had the allergic rash, heat wave and sleep deprivation all at once. I just noticed being crankier when it was hot this past week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The land around here belongs to timber companies. I heard somewhere that this area has been grown and harvested twice before now. This time they seem to be clearing it and then selling lots. Part cleared, part not. At least that seems to be what happens as there seem to be wooded areas on the back of the lots. Or something like that. At least the trees will be hauled away and used.

We had some unexpected showers while ago. We got .3Ē of ďsunny, no chance of rain.Ē Thatís a forecasting mistake Iíll settle for. Itís dropped down to the low 90s, but is heading back up. Weíre just hanging on until mid October. I saw in the paper this morning that Europe is in for another heat wave. Itís an ugly new normal.

I spent some time doing a little stash shopping. Nearly all of my seed bead stash is 11/0 and 15/0 with a few 13/0. Most of the 8/0 I have are Mill Hill brand bought for specific patterns or that are with kits, so Iíve ordered some that size. Iíll need some larger beads for the Christmas tree pattern. There will be leftovers and if I like making it, they would also make good Christmas presents down the line. The nice thing about making holiday decor for presents is that if the person likes it, they can enjoy it each year, and if they donít they wonít feel obliged to give it a long term display. If the pattern works it would be a great way to use some of the bead stash. Thereís no pattern for the beads. Itís make it up as you go along. Sounds like fun.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I keep making things with nowhere to put them. But I like making things. So I will keep on doing it. I think I will rotate it with some of my other little sewn birds at work.

I rolled my thin silk yarn into a ball. While looking for the yarn swift I decided to get rid of some random things.

I wound a couple bits of the colored silk thread from China on little cards. It is super soft, a little slippery and tangles really easy. It will either be a dream to work with or a nightmare.

Here is a picture. It looks variegated, but it is really small hanks of lots of different colors.

2019 Stash Management-img_20190823_155818986_1566594092780.jpg
    2019 Stash Management-img_20190823_155922291_1566594113932.jpg

I am trying to air out some vinyl sheets. One package I got smelled fine and the other and a strong vinyl smell. I have read that washing them with dishsoap and a little viniger helps. I am going to try that.
    2019 Stash Management-img_20190823_164836242_1566594348432.jpg
    KathyB

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Kathy, is the vinyl new? It may still be off-gassing, in which case you want to give it air for a few days, preferably outside your living space. You don't want to breath that stuff. It's common with a lot of plastics, and it's also the cause of "that new car smell". And it can be toxic.

Gathered a few more items for the trip. I have a special class notebook for all the times I have taken creative classes or seminars since ~2003. Would hate to lose that! It's been buried since last year. There's a folder for handouts, too, but haven't found that yet.

Got two envelopes of stuff together to mail out. Made custom envelopes for them, too. Have a papercraft project to do over the weekend. Then I can go by the PO on Monday.

Finished hemming the 2nd pair of new jeans. So that is done. Still dithering on the costume.

DC, beaded ornaments sound nice. I did some of those once years ago. It seemed like a lot of work, but they were so pretty. I gave them as gifts. What happened to the gift projects from last year?

Ren, enjoy the cooler weather for me.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Last year’s projects are on hold. Sigh. Some year. I was doing well until I ran out of time before the cataract surgeries and I was just in no mood to mess with it then. This year I have the crocheted baskets. Eventually, some year, I’ll get out the sewing machine and carry on but you know how much I love to sew. I’m sure it will wait indefinitely.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

that is a pretty swan kathy! nice basket spirit. creative way to remember her.

yes she has been checked out medically cost us more because she had to be put under for the xray piss test etc even getting her nails trimmed. basically it seems drive mom over the edge and all is good here. now she is looking to blame the youngest cat looking around for him under the couch..so I just told her that she can't blame her bad behaviour on him so she twitched her tail huffed and went off. she hasn't peed upstairs but has been out a lot and I haven't been downstairs so ...will see.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

this is one of my wips a stacking blocks blanket out of cupcake yarn apple picking colour 2019 Stash Management-apple.jpg

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Lovely colors, M!

Picked a huge bowl of red and orange cherry tomatoes this morning. Going to have to share them around because there's no way we could eat them all. Not going to get much of anything done today.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

M- I really like the colors in that yarn.

My goal today is to finish the current section of the toucan pattern, but it may be too much to do in one day. After that, I’m going back to the cactus for a bit for a break from this cross stitch confetti. Last night I finished a few small patches on it that aren’t as broken up to have a base for counting the scattered stuff.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

One of the vexing problems in the garage was a stack of scrap countertops. I've been saving them to put on the workbenches I built a couple years ago. They all had to be trimmed and pieced to cover the tops and I've been dreading it, therefore procrastinating. But they got moved out of the way of the lumber rack and into the way of the van. Ugh. So we commenced the slice and dice. I thought we would have plenty of countertop with a bunch left over, but luckily we ended up using all but one small usable scrap. I love when that happens. The rest of the scrap is junk so will be thrown away, out of our lives for good. The tops aren't pretty but they will serve the purpose. Happy to have that chore done.

I made some progress on the sticker map for the camper, too, but it's not done yet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD - is this near you? Have you visited? https://www.faribaultmill.com/pages/our-story/
    I saw one of their blankets on Amazon. I was looking at (lightweight) wool blankets because I have a 4 yard piece of 60" loosely woven wool in a yellow/white gingham-type plaid. Thinking it would be a nice throw on top of the yellow flower quilt finished earlier this year. So I was looking at blankets/sizes/finishes on Amazon. Thinking I will fringe the ends like all the ones I see on Amazon, or like this one https://www.faribaultmill.com/collec...ght-wool-throw

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Faribault (pronounced fair uh bo) is in south central Minnesota, near the Iowa border. We're in the Minnesota arrowhead a couple inches from Canada. I've been to the woolen mill, but I don't remember much about it, or anything. It was in 1976 when we lived in Mankato, a stone's throw from Faribault. It's all farm country down there, with some big businesses in that area like Green Giant and Hormel, so it makes sense for a woolen mill to be there too. That looks like a good plan for your wool.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This week's plan includes (1) re-stuff throw pillow inserts using big bag of poly fill left from the sofa cushion/crate top project. I have done 1, several more to go during the week. (2) Cut 4 place mat-sized rectangles from the orange felt piece (there is a LOT) and can embellish later with Halloween or Fall applique or something. (3) Mark, cut, and stitch the yellow wool piece where I want the fringe ends to start, unravel for fringe. (4) cut out & sew top. We'll see what I get done!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We got another 1.1” of rain overnight. I’m on the porch enjoying an astonishing bit of coolness and it should only get into the high 80s today. Tomorrow we should be back to the regularly scheduled program. But only low 90s. Anyway, it’s a promise of fall coming. Eventually.

I did finish the pattern section of the toucan late last night and did a bit on the cactus. The next cactus in line is a smallish one, but has a big sun behind it. I’ll finish those parts before I go back to the toucan. The sun is a solid color bright yellow. Totally mindless.

Time to go back in. The coolness is fading away and the humidity is getting uncomfortable. It’s time for breakfast anyway.