2019 Stash Management - Page 121
Page 121 of 194 FirstFirst ... 2171111118119120121122123124131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2906
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I stuffed the last 2 pillows yesterday. Today is outside work because of the nice weather. Saturday I may be able to do some hand sewing or cross stitch at dad's. Monday is likely the next sewing/projects day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, EB. The new drawer will work out nicely.

DLR, I have a couple pillows to make, too. Husby needs new bed pillows and luckily I have a giant bag of stuffing in need of being used up. It's nice when things match up like that.

D, you're a glutton for punishment! 😁

My goal today is to finish the screen room. Hope I don't get interrupted too much.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The larger beads came yesterday. Pretty! As expected of course. Beads always are. There was one odd mistake. I ordered size 8 of a green color, and the tube was labeled 8, but filled with 11. Iím letting it pass. Iíll be using 11 more, and itís not worth hassling them about. I donít know if I already have that color in 11 but if I do they will just have some new friends.

Since the shelf pattern isnít already complicated enough - lol - Iíve decided to work it end to end instead of side to side. I would rather have the bulk of the fabric above and below the hoop rather than under my hands. That will rotate my Xs a quarter turn so once started I will have to carry on with it. It will also let me change the color set more often for more interest, but I will really have to pay attention to the page sequence.

Today I can finish the fifth cactus on that pattern leaving only the solid fill sun. I want to get that outlined so I can be done with pattern reading and then go back to the toucan for a while. I can pick up the cactus and do a few strands on the sun now and then.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I finished my latest doll. She has yarn hair. I like how the hair turned out. I don't have any more yarn this texture, but I think I will do more yarn hair dolls.

2019 Stash Management-img_20190830_145847626_1567191649213.jpg
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

love those cross stitch patterns so detailed like paintings. haven't done much crafting. found out michaels is having fabric now. precut fabric. so have to check it out plus extra coupons too lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by KathyB View Post
    I finished my latest doll. She has yarn hair. I like how the hair turned out. I don't have any more yarn this texture, but I think I will do more yarn hair dolls.

Click image for larger version.†

Name:	IMG_20190830_145847626_1567191649213.jpg†
Views:	26†
Size:	328.9 KB†
ID:	49415
    so cute love it

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Your doll turned out sweet, Kathy.

I finished the screen room.... then discovered I sewed the zipper halves onto the canopy backwards. Aaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhh! Everything works just fine, but the walls are inside out. I'm pretending I planned it that way. Most people probably wouldn't notice, especially if they aren't standing next to it. Here it is, looking all crooked since the ground is uneven. It's going to be a nice space, especially when the bugs are bad. Total cost was $60 for the canopy on sale at Ace and $5 for the screen walls.
    2019 Stash Management-20190830_125343_1567196203214.jpg

I guess I'm not quite done. Still have to make 3 bags for tent stakes. That won't take long.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Of, yeah, I used 8 yds of ripstop @ .06/yd. I tend to forget that since it's practically free.

We're replacing the useless wire tent stakes with ones that actually work, by repurposing extras we aren't using.

At any rate, the total cost of both the screen room and Add-A-Room is about $250, not bad considering the AAR is around $700 by itself, retail.

Next up is trying to mod the saggy bag chairs that are so uncomfortable. We need to carry those along too, unfortunately. With the AAR in the storage compartment in the camper, they have to go in the truck. It's going to get interesting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Kathy - I like the color of the yarn you used. It looks great. The dolls look like fun to do.

SD - as always I’m astounded that some of the things you do, like this project - can be made at home instead of a factory. Of course you planned the screens that way. Why would you want to sit there looking at the wrong side of them after you worked so hard on it? The backside is good enough for the bears wandering by - lol.

I went back and looked and the customizing time estimate is 5-6 weeks. Downer. I decided it was worth another shipping fee to go on and get the shelf pattern. There was however an oops. The patterns were on sale price which I saw but was so absorbed in the pictures I didn’t pay enough attention. Sale over today. Oh well. It’s still a great deal for such a huge pattern.

I can’t wait to start it! However I looked at the edge I want to start on and it’s all climbing flowers and trees. That is going to be serious confetti. Might as well get it over with.

Kathy - I had to edit the post. When it went up I noticed spell check had changed “dolls” to “fools.” I really meant no disrespect LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The doll is really cute, I like her little dress.
    I did cut out the top and stitched enough to hand sew the hem tomorrow. Arm and neck bindings will wait until Monday. Barely had enough fabric and seemed a bit tight when I tried it on, another reason to seriously diet now to end of year. It's a summer weight fabric so next summer will be fine..... It is getting cool enough for a jacket and long pants for the morning dog walk. Figuring out next sewing projects.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, D. But while I have made outdoor rooms from scratch, this one was mostly done already. I didn't have to do much to it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I wanted to say the big cross stitch pick looks really cool. I have done some of the shelf theme pictures for jigsaw puzzles. The cross stitch is way too ambitious for me. My emboderies generally use around six colors.

I agree that "because I want to" should be the only reason you need. If you can afford it and it doesn't hurt anyone, that is all that matters.

This is something I have struggled with on and off throughout my life. People have asked me before to justify what I like or justify spending on a hobby. I started to internalize this. I made demands on myself to justify things even if no one asked me to. I have - mostly - gotten over this. I like what I like. If other people don't get it, I have no obligation to try and convince them.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks everyone for enabling my insanity - lol. I think the reason I felt I had to justify it to myself is that I already have so many WIPs with a few sliding into UFO territory. My tendency is to go galloping off in all directions at once, and the older I get the less I control it. Iím way too good at ďfinishing whatís on your plate,Ē have pretty much overcome ďfinish the book,Ē but there isnít a prayer that I will ever master ďfinish the project before starting another.Ē Or two or four or ten more. Sigh. However on the positive side, Iím a lot better at knowing it doesnít matter. Lol again. I think it kicked in because this is potentially a spectacularly unfinishable project. I did the math last night. 375,550 teeny tiny stitches.

Iíve been considering the logistics of the project. Thatís about half the DMC colors and I obviously canít keep half the floss tied up in a project bag for years. I have a lot of cardboard bobbins I never use so last night I pulled them out and started marking them with symbols and color number - the site shows that for all the patterns. It also shows number of stitches per color. I will just move some floss to them. The stitch count is helpful because I know which colors are used only a little.

That scuttled my clever plan to work end to end because it reminded me that with lots of colors, the symbols get complicated. Up, down, left, right, all four diagonal directions with arrows, vertical and horizontal lines and ovals. If Iím working it at a quarter turn to the symbols, I donít even want to think what a colossal mess I could make of it. Iím glad I figured that out in time. Once in the days before you could easily flip things on a computer, I wanted a large complicated fish pattern to face the other way so I reversed the pattern as I stitched it. I had a younger more agile brain then and it was still really difficult. The directional symbols would be even more confusing.

I am excited about this project. I hope that lasts beyond the first 15 minutes of trying to stitch it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We got the gutter done. It was an ordeal, so we're glad it's over. Since we won't be setting up the rain barrel this year any more, we decided to wait with installing the diverter that would allow the water to go into the barrel from the downspout, but yet keep the barrel from overflowing. That's a whole project by itself with having to level the barrel, build a stand, etc. I want to build a drip system for the front garden, too. It's all going to be lots of work yet. I hope the gutter will stop the erosion under the slab the house is on. We may have to add more gutter if it doesn't.

Nice to scratch another project off the to-do list.