2019 Stash Management - Page 122
Page 122 of 194 FirstFirst ... 2272112119120121122123124125132172 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2906
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD - I thought: why won’t you use the rain barrel anymore this year. It took a moment to remember some places get snow all winter instead of rain. Good job to get the gutter done!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

haven't been busy crafting but today got the thought of switching things in the basement. table and video game area so there is more room for sewing. where the table gets cluttered and crowded a lot. started going though the linen closet shelves. found things on the kids sheets shelf.. I thought were pillowcases but was battenburg lace curtain and a drawbag amongst them. plus a couple of emb crocheted edged pillowcases had holes so just cut the above the embroidery to save it and the crocheted edging. think it was handmade because it is pink variegated scalloped edging. my mom got it from thrift store or vintage sale. my dd needs cotton to sleep on for her skin. rest is rags for dh. will figure what to do with it later. put most in the wash since they haven't been used for over a year. have the rest of the closet to do too. amazing how much you can store in a small closet. will get rid of some things.

ordered a simplicity pattern from amazon reversible dress w no zips buttons etc. since I was getting other things from amazon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We will have to empty our rain barrels and turn them upside down for winter, D. We're already getting frost warnings sometimes here. We moved all our plants into the greenhouse.

I decided I like this rack I made for my quilting rulers from an old dish rack, but it takes up too much room on my table.
    2019 Stash Management-20190202_165406_1567298449512.jpg
    I finally figured out what I want to replace it with. Now I just have to build it. Or them, since I want a set, 1 for the big rulers and 1 for smaller ones. Shouldn't be too difficult or time consuming. I'm looking forward to it. Maybe tomorrow, if I'm not in too much pain from today. I'm taking tomorrow off from doing any real work.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got my new ruler rack done and the little box to go with it.
    Much better.
    2019 Stash Management-20190901_101704_1567351782403.jpg
    The box is sort of a catchall. It will hold small rulers, but also stuff I use all the time, scissors, rotary cutter, pattern weights, pencils, etc. I hate constantly opening and closing drawers to get stuff. The box should hold all that stuff where it's convenient.
    2019 Stash Management-20190901_101627_1567352367474.jpg
    Unfortunately I cut the little containers for it too short, so I'll have to find some more for a do over. Oh, well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The rack and box came out great. The catch all box will be a real convenience.

I’m back to the toucan. I got the beak finished and I working on the leaves. This pattern page doesn’t have a lot on it, but the ne to three, across the center of the pattern, do. The first three, across the top of the circle have given me a false sense of speed - lol.

The big one - 238 colors. What was I thinking?! I may faint when I see the pattern. Or have hysterics.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I might paint today's project some year. Or not. I put the box and rack at right angles to each other and like that a lot. I hope this is the last time I have to think about storage for the rulers. I use them frequently but they're kind of a pain to store. I could store them in a much narrower rack, but I like those blue handles I put on them, and they take a lot of space.

I finally started sewing the top I cut out. It's sleeveless. It was hot here when I cut it out. LOL.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD - at least the top won't be a UFO.
    I'll put the arm and neck bindings on the top I'm making, it is already hemmed. I'm also covering an old throw pillow w/ a quilt block and plain backing. I make the backing overlap and close w/ buttons so it can be removed for washing. Not sure what other projects are in store for the week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

There's that. The top will be ready for next year.

I always do bindings on the machine. You know my aversion to hand sewing.

Today I need to finish clearing off my work table so I can spread out my trip planning stuff. Gotta get the details down so we can let our house sitter know.

I need to try out my idea for taking some of the sag out of a bag chair today, too. The chair is becoming a favorite of the cats due to the its hammock shape of its seat.

It's going to be a long day. I've been playing a game on my phone in the evenings and last night I got a series of unlimited life rewards that totalled 4.5 hours. I had been stuck on one screen right before that, so there was no way I would give up all that play time with unlimited lives! I had to use the time then because there's no way to save it, so figured I could manage to stay awake till 1:30. The joke was on me because just before 1 AM I won an additional 30 minutes, so was up past 2. I'll pay for this nonsense today, but it was fun to play so long. See how exciting my life is? 😁😁

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have started my first doll reroot. It feels like I could make one of my little felt dolls in the same time or less as a reroot.

I want to finish this one, but I am on the fence about doing more.

I wanted to use the same yarn I used for hair for the felt doll I just finished. It was too thick. My second choice was also too thick. This one is variegated, but it has a long repeat so the other colors are not showing. I may cut off a chunk to get some color variation. The slightly darker green is from the second choice yarn.

Cloth and felt dolls offer more variety. Since the hair is sewn on, you can use almost anything.

In progress. She will have more hair.

2019 Stash Management-img_20190902_095507656_1567433384607.jpg

This is the before. I am not a fan of the blue eyed blond tan look. I will am also going to recolor her eyes green or brown.

2019 Stash Management-img_20190901_171430164_1567433498090.jpg
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD - at least your late night was fun. Schedule a nap.

K - I vote for your felt dolls. They are so cute!

I finished the page on the toucan and got a tiny start on the next. The 25 count fabric for the shelf is indicating delivery tomorrow. My boldness is sliding into nervousness. I hope it wasn’t a huge mistake to buy the large piece without seeing the fabric first, but I think the holes on 25 lugana will be easier to see than on 20 or 22 count aida. It make take some time to get used to stitching over one instead of two threads though.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hey, I'm back. We had a great weekend but wow was it a sensory overload. I ache all over and have vertigo, and DH's cold is back. Weather was great except one afternoon we had a massive gully-washer come through, horizon to horizon, with rain coming down sideways. So I never made it to the pool. The following afternoon the weather was perfect and the guys wanted to go book shopping. There's an old bookstore with good prices and they had a sale discount on top of that. And we did a fair bit of driving in really BIG city traffic, which DH hates. Overall it was a blast, but my brain still hasn't adjusted to being home.

I had a $10 Kohl's cash coupon that expires today, so I went and spent that this morning. They did not have a good selection of clearance goods, and I didn't want another t shirt, so i went with a Burt's Bees gift pack. I like their stuff and it doesn't irritate my skin.

JA is near there so I stopped to use my 60% coupon. Pretty nearly anything I wanted was already on sale. I was hoping to get christmas fabric to back my quilt with, but they did not have much out, leftovers from last year I suspect, and only 30% off. But pre-cut fabric strips were 60% off and I got 2 rolls of neutral prints. Picked up 2 half yard remnants of plain white cotton. Ended up using my coupon on a pack of expensive bead trim. It will go in stash. I would not buy it normally @$20/yd. FQs were 70% off (about $1) but I didn't get any. Had some in my hand but put them back in favor of the strip rolls.

Cats are so happy to see us. We are out of fresh food. I don't know if I'll go shopping today. I have chemo tomorrow and there's a Sprouts near the clinic, so I may do that afterward. We had cereal for dinner when we got in late last night.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Welcome back! I’m glad you had a great time and wish you an easy slide back into quieter home life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome back. I did not leave the house, hubby picked up a few groceries we needed. I was in purse & wallet (old ones of mom's) fix-it mode. Tapestry type wallet with LOTS of compartments, needed Velcro replaced. It had D-rings on the sides so I doubled a long narrow ribbon and stitched together so it's now a cross-body small purse. The black w/ brown leather purse turned out to be Liz Claiborne. Inside zipper pocket bottom was ripped out so I made a repair and will apply some shoe polish, hopefully it cleans up nice.
    2019 Stash Management-img_0980.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome home, CH! Sounds like a fun of touring trip, and a nice escape from the daily news, too.

Naps never cooperate when I try to schedule. They just appear whenever they want.

Dorian is a worry. I wish the stupid thing would turn already. One of our daughters is right in the bullseye if it doesn't, or even if it does. I hope they evacuated, or will if they are told to. I feel so bad for people in the Bahamas, with Dorian just sitting over them and pounding away. It has to be hell.

Getting some little things done. I put a new bottom in a bag for a camp chair and patched a raccoon-chewed hole in it. We dragged in 6 bag chairs from the cabin and sorted 3 to keep and 3 to donate. I tried the mod on a saggy one and it helped a little, but I still don't like it, so it can go. I repaired one that had a screw that had pulled through the fabric the screw was holding in place. Stuff like that.

Got some more chicken cooked, after making up a salt-free chicken seasoning mix to try. It's okay but I got out the McCormick bottle, checked the ingrediedients list, and added a few to the mix. I'll be happy if I can figure out a good Montreal chicken seasoning clone.

I threw out some really old spices and combined some duplicate containers. My pantry really needs an overhaul.

Too tired to do very much.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Fun of touring trip? Criminy. Should be 'fun if tiring'. I'd blame my fingers but it was autocorrect again.