2019 Stash Management - Page 124
Page 124 of 194 FirstFirst ... 2474114121122123124125126127134174 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2906
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dcompton ...I agree! don't know how you guys do it with the heat. bad here when it is 80 wasn't today but is muggy. we went to mil's place to clean out stuff we wanted and stuff in the fridge. even though she moved a year ago..still had out outdated food by a few years! she was known for that but though sil had cleaned out her kitchen in old place. record was 2007 nesquick. did bring somethings back like jars of pb good until next year. she just mixed up stuff in boxes etc all her life. and money..found pennies from the 40s etc. dime in her underwear drawer, a picture etc money all over ..even in the box of pins ... didn't take the beads I found. just vintage bobby pins and rhinestone jewelry. don't think she wore them since the 50s or 60s.

my pattern from amazon is out for delivery. dh moved the table for me so now it is just going though the mess that is the playroom. fabric all over etc. need a good declutter too and get rid of things that don't belong to us. have done some crocheting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got some more work done on my wool afgan, despite it being muggy yesterday. The temps went up to almost 90* (we'd been low 80*'s). It was humid but not soupy. A cold front came through last night but the thunderstorms passed to the south of my area. I could see the lightning in the clouds but it was clear where I was. (Didn't hear any thunder, though.) The forecast indicates it's going to be typical cooling fall weather for the next few weeks. So, working on the wool afgan will be a good thing, especially since it now covers my lap/legs down to my ankles. I'll go back to my wool-blend afgan once I finish the wool one for my friends. That also covers my legs as well.

My Dad told me he's entering one of the afgans I made for him into a craft show/contest. I can't wait to find out what the response will be.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today really is kitchen cleaning day. I can’t get distracted again. I didn’t finish the living room and stash shifting yesterday but got enough done to know it will be ok. Except for the table change. The one I put by the recliner is really too large so I’ll put it back the way it was.

I’ll continue getting the bobbins ready for the new pattern. I actually hope it doesn’t fly here too fast because I would like to get the current page of the toucan finished. That may be too hard a trial though if I have the new pattern in hand. It’s still in the preliminary shipping stage so I have some time yet.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Nice and sunny today, warming up to a perfect late summer day. Probably will go out since my head has cleared up and I am feeling confined.

Got all my hobby stuff unpacked from our trip, now I need to decide what project to begin working on. Choices, choices.

Really though, the kitchen needs a good scrub and I won't even describe the bathroom. Sigh. Being an adult sucks sometimes.

JA sent me 2 more 60% off coupons. Now what am I going to do with those?
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Glad you're better, CH. How's your husband?

I finished the sleeveless top so that's ready for next year. I'm out of practice sewing. I also made a bag for tent stakes so the screen room is officially done and put away now.

We test-fitted stuff in the truck again and worked out where things will fit. Didn't think it would fit but eventually we figured it out. The second drawer I wanted to add won't fit, but that's minor. Having the truck platform will make a big difference in convenience and organization. Kinda sucks we can't bring our big QuikShade with screen walls and solid walls, but that's the way it is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD - when are you going to finally hit the road for your trip?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I de-stuffed a pink throw pillow and made a cover so I have a nice pillow form. The back will have to be pieced from 3 units of fabric, no 2 pieces large enough. Oh well.
    I cast on and started knitting a finger-less glove but that is probably a good project to work on at dad's house instead.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

re cleaning tapestry pillow..depending on what it is sewn with hand wash or hand wash cycle in washing machine. aired out mil's wedding dress tiny mass of tulle have to figure out how to clean it. looks all polyester. googled and found out how to clean rhinestone earrings etc from mil. most are in really good condition.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I’m still plugging away at the housework, little by little. I’m mostly finished in the kitchen. I’m also still working on getting the floss ready for the huge project, and I have craft clutter to put away. Also the dreaded craft catch all container that I have been procrastinating on dealing with.

This page of the toucan pattern is basically three different leaf sections. Except for s few random stitches, one is done. At that point, rather than pushing on to get the page done- there’s a lot of it left - I’m probably going to switch to an easy one for the days before I start the shelf pattern. I’ve put the cactus picture aside. It only has two areas of fill and the border left. It occurred to me that would be a great project to have along when I take the car in soon for inspection and maintenance since I won’t have to follow a pattern.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DC, you do more housework than anyone I know, lol!

Just doing some light sewing on pre-cut blocks for the guild today. Got a few stars out of the way. Found two baby quilts I had cut, not sure if I should do one of those next or start a larger project like the quilt I have been wanting to make for myself. And then there's the christmas quilt. I suppose I need to look at the JA again and see if there is anything either on a good sale, or not on sale that I can use one of these 60% off coupons on. The guild show is Oct 18, so I have about a month to finish it.

Dlr, I'm sure the pillow will come out nice. Nothing wrong with a pieced backing. People do it with quilts all the time now.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We took Mom to the semi-annual church sale she loves to go to. Of course I picked up some stuff too. Most items were 50 cents. I got several pieces of fabric for tops, misc stash, and DfG, 2 uncut patterns for an assortment of bags, 4 flat bags for some of the camper stuff I made recently, a flexible visor for camping, a LN high visibility rain jacket, a big Gladware dish full of gripper snaps, grommets, and eyelets and the tools for them, a shower curtain full of wolves, a T-ware dish that matches the ones I use in the camper, and a nice photo album for recipes. Not bad for $10.50.

Mom found some stuff, too, including a winter coat in the style she's been looking for, very nice condition, Woolrich, for $4.

A good time was had by all.

Still working on our trip menu. We leave at the end of the month, which is coming fast.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow, good deals. I have a really old (30 years) Woolrich parka in good condition except it has been washed enough times that it won't shed water any longer. So if it gets wet I am cold. That was my standard in looking for a replacement winter parka - hood, pockets, 2-way zip.

Someone at work asked about my badge lanyard but I don't have the right clips to make more. I found a plain cord one lying around to give her. I'm thinking about attaching a few beads though. Just cannot leave well enough alone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I finished another little puzzle during my lunch break at work.

2019 Stash Management-img_20190904_135123938_1567809031072.jpg

Today I worked on a larger puzzle at home. It is pretty challenging.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DLR, maybe you could renew the water repellent on your coat. We do that now and then with our mukluks.

I made a cover for Cody's pad in her crate, wrapped the pad in it, and tied it in place. The pad kept sliding off the shelf so the cover will correct that. She always sleeps in her hammock but probably pulls the pad off getting on the shelf to get there. She will be happier now when she figures out her footing is secure. I used up a faux fur vest I bought cheap for projects like this, so that's out of the sewing room now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I got two more zip pouches started. Got to the end of a bolt of interfacing. There is maybe 8" left, that I can cut for 2 more pouches. Power went out twice today, very annoying. It's not even hot out.

I know we just got back from a trip, but I am ready for another vacation.

Use it up, Wear it out,