2019 Stash Management - Page 125
Page 125 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2575115122123124125126127128135 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2132
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

that is a cute puzzle kathy! was good and ignoring the bogo yarn sale at michaels. ended up washing mil's wedding dress on handwash cycle. put it out to dry and got it dirty coming in. a bug ..so back in the machine. it is in great condition put away in a cedar chest so not damaged by all the cig smoking they used to do. her waist was so tiny back then 20 or 18 inch.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not sure of our agenda today but we might get the camper tubes painted. Husby took the steps off and prepped those for painting, too. It's been rainy so it's still humid. I hope the paint will dry okay. It would be good to get that project done after 7 yrs.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've been trying to come up with ideas for my next donation quilt. It will be a single bed sized, for the veteran's housing project. I have already bought a pile of brown, red, and tan remnants. It needs to be super easy, but still attractive. I'm considering one of these:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DCxC7faYMM...rm%2Bpacks.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d6/cf/89/d...164f20c4f0.jpg

For the first one I have gold and green to mix in and brighten it up. For the second I might use the gold (mustard color) as the little squares that intersect the lattice.

Another project... I missed the sign up date for this month's cross-in-square block. I still need to make one for myself, but since I have no partner, just the one. Need to find a nice orange. One block won't take long.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary Housewife View Post
    I've been trying to come up with ideas for my next donation quilt. It will be a single bed sized, for the veteran's housing project. I have already bought a pile of brown, red, and tan remnants. It needs to be super easy, but still attractive. I'm considering one of these:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DCxC7faYMM...rm%2Bpacks.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d6/cf/89/d...164f20c4f0.jpg

For the first one I have gold and green to mix in and brighten it up. For the second I might use the gold (mustard color) as the little squares that intersect the lattice.

Another project... I missed the sign up date for this month's cross-in-square block. I still need to make one for myself, but since I have no partner, just the one. Need to find a nice orange. One block won't take long.
    both are really cute.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Lol - I actually do almost no housework, which is why it keeps featuring in the day’s agendas. With the chronic pain I usually can’t do more than 10 or 15 minutess at a stretch. Then when I sit down to ease my back, I get the involved in other stuff and never get back to the boring housework. I had slept badly and short Wednesday and Thursday night so despite my plans I was felled by sleepiness yesterday and slept all afternoon, so I did nothing. Today I must get the squash cooked before it goes bad, and either eat three pounds of strawberries or get most of them in the freezer.

I’m going ahead with the toucan. I finally got beyond the difficult patch and what’s left on the page doesn’t look as complicated. I also want to finish getting floss moved the cardboard bobbins for the shelf pattern. Then I can group them and make the labels for the needle holders. There are so many colors instead of putting them in number order I’m going to group them by colors.

The pattern is expected by Monday. I can’t wait to see how intimidating it really is. I made need the finish goal back by a few years.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like the second quilt a lot, CH. The other one is nice, too.

We were all ready to paint but it was cool and windy. We messed with the camper a while and figured out if I make a couple cases, we can haul the big RV awning mat between the spare tire and camper on the back, and the smaller one on the front between the camper and LP tanks. They barely fit in the truck, and it seems like putting them on the outside of the trailer would be better. It would also keep the mess out of the truck when the mats have to be put away wet and/or muddy. They are almost always put away full of sand, because of ground moisture on the campsites. Better to let the messiness stay outside the truck.

I was all set to make the cases when Husby decided we needed to finally replace the ramp on the back of the cabin. We removed it so the crew could put siding on, so it's good to have the job done now since it's been a few years.

Now I'm just tired. And it looks like rain again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I got one quilt block cut and sewn today. Then shifted to a foam project that has been waiting over a year. I need to measure and fit a couple of cases we use to store collectibles. The boxes came with egg crate, but custom fit foam is better. This will hopefully get a giant roll of foam out of the middle of my room.

Can't believe how early it gets dark now. I know it is still hours longer than mid winter, but the days are really feeling shorter.

We are volunteering at a tea festival tomorrow, so no crafting. Just a long day on our feet, and plenty of tea.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

A tea festival sounds like fun. And tasty.

Tomorrow I plan a trip to town to get the haircut and go by JA. I’ll use the 30% off purchase coupon to get a lot of DMC. I need to go through the floss thoroughly today and make a list. I finished putting some floss on bobbins for the shelf pattern and today I need to get needle holders marked with symbols and cut the fabric. Then that will be ready to go. The tracking is still showing the pattern on time for delivery tomorrow. Beyond that I want to get as much done on the current toucan page as possible. No housework. This is a totally cross stitch day. Followed by more, I hope, as I get a start on the monster pattern.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The tea festival was probably a lot more fun for the people not moving tables or running up and down stairs to fill water jugs. All of the tea was served in tiny tasting cups, without milk or sugar, so if you didn't like it plain green or black, well.... We got in free and got to see nearly everything, plus the classes we were helping with, and a t-shirt to boot. Wouldn't do it again though. It was a very long day, and after an hour we had seen all 30 vendor booths, twice. It's not happening next year, because the woman who organizes it says it takes up too much of her time and she needs to focus on her real job.

Enjoy your day in town, DC.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

One thing I like about steampunk events is that they usually include some sort of tea party. It's a nice break (except for the organizers) and there are other things to attend throughout the day as well. Since it's part of the overall event, the only thing the tea party organizers have to deal with is the logistics of the food and tea. The organizers of the overall event take care of everything else (money since it's a bonus item and to cover the food, list of attendees, etc.).

Went to the sheep and fiber festival on Saturday. I enjoyed it, especially since I met up with a friend I rarely get to see these days. We spent a couple hours chatting. I did pick up some yarn that I'll use for myself (another afgan). I do need to buy more yarn but I'll wait until I actually start the afgan so I have a better idea of what I need. Fortunately, I did think to ask if it was one of the vendor's regular colorways and it is, thankfully. She also mentioned that I should take a picture of the skeins I have so she can do what she can to match what I have since it's a variegated yarn.

Also bought some soap from a vendor there. I've bought from them before and like their scents. I think I have enough to last me quite a while but then I don't buy soaps from the grocery store anymore. I much prefer the quality of the soaps from small vendors like the one at the festival and my farmer's markets.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

A tea party sounds delicious. IMO any time you can sit down with a good cup is a good time. They had one yesterday I saw them setting up, but of course we could not spare the time. There was a group serving hot tea and pastries at the bar, but they left before I could get a proper cup of tea late in the afternoon. Coincidentally, the booth selling hand made herbal soaps left early too. I don't know if they sold out or gave up.

Well, I'm having my favorite tea this morning. DH has finally gone back to the office.

I think I am going to make a run to the asian market this morning and then try and get some sewing done.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I ended up with a very long floss list. I had made a chart showing floss for my WIPs and some that are high on my waiting list. If four or five of them used the same color and I had less that about half a skein, I added the color to the list. Of course it’s highly unlikely I will ever do all those patterns but that was an easy way to see what colors the patterns I gravitate to actually use. It was interesting to see that sometimes there would be a big cluster using one shade, but none for the next lighter or darker shade. That was unexpected and useful to know. I haven’t bought DMC for a long time except for an occasional skein I needed that I would add to an online order. It was time to do this inventory and this shopping trip is long overdue, or the list wouldn’t be so long. Given that shopping has become such an ordeal and online orders always involve shipping, it will be helpful to have the DMC filled out again all in one go.

I also spent more than I should have on tools last night. I was cheerfully making the symbol cards for the needle holders when I suddenly had one of those oops moments. I have 50-slot holders. I had been going my merry way thinking 50 with a double row = 100. Of course that’s not right. It’s 50 with double rows of 25. I was suddenly 100 slots short. Amazon still had a few of them, so I ordered too more. They are overpriced but are the best I’ve found, and have proved to be the best way to manage patterns with lots of confetti stitching. I’ll also have to do a bulk needle order eventually. I hesitated to get the extra holders, but this is a years long project so I’m going to make it as easy as possible. They will arrive tomorrow.

The pattern is out for delivery. The toucan will be on the back burner for a while.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

tea parties are lovely but more when you are just visiting. that seems to happen here. everyone likes the festivals etc but once the main person doesn't want to do the work, it goes away. there is a high tea I am suppose to go to with a friend in a couple of weeks. just have been working on a necker to go with the hats to use up the skein of yarn. going w others to other side of country as a thank you gift. cold there so useful.

just have been sorting all mils tins. one hasn't been opened since the 60s I think. so her.. a mix of everything. at least found the mate of missing rhinestone earring. turns out she had a few sets of rhinestones. have been sorting and cleaning them. went to the states and spent! got a cinderella costume. old style dress not new. and got my narnia mandala yarn. couldn't find them or order before when there was a deal at lion brand. 2019 Stash Management-tin.jpg2019 Stash Management-narnia.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Cute tin, M! I like the yarn colors, too.

One of the online hobby shops has been having weekend blow-out sales this summer. I succumbed to one on Friday. DH uses special hobby paints for his models and they were on half price clearance, get 'em while they last. So I have a box coming, too.

My silver sneakers group is having a luncheon tomorrow. I'm going to make cheddar biscuits. At first I was just going to get a couple inexpensive mixes, then I noticed they weren't exactly inexpensive AND I had to add cheese. To heck with that, I have a box of baking mix in the pantry and can add cheese to that.

Trying to finish the baby quilt today. Two more rows to go.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a few boxes like that too, Martha, odds and ends together for no rhyme or reason. I get it from my mom. It's such a bad habit. I've mostly stamped that one out, but every once in a while I still come across another jumbled mess. Ugh.

Today I moved all the stuff out of a Plano organizer that has removable boxes in it. I'm hoping I can fit all the setting tools, eyelets, small grommets, gripper snaps, and other decorative snaps into it. I had all the accessories for 3 sewing machines in it, but there was so much empty space in it. I'm not likely to be adding any more accessories for the 3 machines, so it makes sense to me to organize the snaps etc in it instead. Hope it works out. I keep trying to figure out how to maximize space in the sewing room in hopes of eventually getting rid of a piece of furniture. It will also be an improvement to have all the tools and supplies stored together for the eyelets etc.

I sorted through three or four drawers in a wardrobe I have in the sewing room. I emptied all but one by donating some things and moving some jeans scraps to a pail with other jeans scraps. It finally occurred to me I could swap out pails because I have 2 sets, 1 bigger than the other. So I made a change and that provided the little bit of extra space I needed. This is what I do lately in the sewing room, make small changes that make storage work better.

I got dog food made today too, so that's done for 36 days. Actually more, since we can't take that much frozen food along when we travel. The poor things will have to eat kibble for the first time since we got them.

Nothing exciting going on here, as you can see.