2019 Stash Management - Page 127
Page 127 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2777117124125126127128129130137 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2132
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yup, weird. Don't know how or why you're getting re-routed.

2019 Stash Management-16pinwheels-001.jpg

Interesting talk on stockpiling and image.

Today I cut much of the smaller pieces of fabric, the scraps and FQs, and started sewing. Had a big pile of strips, but when I ironed them it became a small pile. I think there are 20-30 ~18" paired strips to start with. Tomorrow I start cutting into the half yards and mixing it up some more. Have to remember to cut the triangles for the pinwheels, too.

The original instructions don't include any guides on how much fabric I'll need, but its 84 patches and 84 pinwheels (~700 triangles). A lot of work, but if I can get one of each done per week eventually I'll get there.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH I gather this is the quilt you are making for yourself. I am still hoping to see the re-done Christmas quilt.

Not much going on here, busy w/ dog club events and just finished reading "The Traveler" by John Twelve Hawks. Interesting, I will probably get the next book in the series at some point.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH, maybe FV's mobile app likes 5th graders in Quiltville for some reason.

That looks like a very ambitious project. It will be fun to watch your progress.

Think I need to do some trip planning today. The Yellowstone rally I thought wasn't going to get off the ground is now possibly back on because the Californians are suddenly enthused. At the least, Husby and I can go by ourselves and still have a great trip. The time to reserve is now.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yes, this is the quilt I have been wanting to make for a long time now. I first saw it in a magazine ad ~10 years ago.

The christmas quilt will get done. I need backing fabric. I see JA has holiday prints at 30% off again, so I can't use a coupon. I may check out HL, they will give me 40% if it's not on sale already.

Got a lot of small jobs today, and a visit with a friend.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I get fifth graders too. They’re cute kids but I would rather see quilts - lol.

The full measure of my insanity has become glaringly obvious. The new goal for the shelf cross stitch is to finish it, maybe, before I die. It’s especially daunting now because the corner where I have started has little spring blossoms with a gazillion shades and since they are all first time colors I’m having to thread a needle literally every four or five stitches. There are areas on the page though that are much more sensible with extended patches of single color so if I can slog through the flowers, it will speed up considerably for at least part of the page.

Yesterday I began second guessing the single strand decision so I worked a bit with two strands. Same conclusion. So I cut it out and now I’m confident the single strand is the way to go. When I have more than an apparently random scattering of stitches I’ll post a picture.

There’s nothing special on the agenda today. Just an ordinary day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH - that will be a gorgeous quilt. I’m glad I’m not the only one starting a huge project!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ok, some body copy the link to the 5th graders and post it here.

This is what I'm cutting and sewing today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Stash Management-img_20190911_115511789_1568221225763.jpg  

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks, DC. It still takes me to the quilt site. I could understand a redirect if you were in a different country, some business sites do that, but this is just strange.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I think it is only doing it to you guys on your phones. I tested it with other people, any everyone on a pc or laptop gets the quilt site. Phone users get the 5th graders. DH says it has something to do with old software on their web server.

Anyway, ran out 3 bobbins so it's time to wind and sew.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Still working on the wool afgan, although part of me is wanting to work with the new yarn I just bought at the sheep/fiber festival this past weekend. I do need to ball up the skeins so I may do that tonight if it's still hot and muggy. I'm currently about halfway through skein #6 on the wool afgan and it's looking like I may need all the yarn I picked up for it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Chopping up the strips I sewed yesterday.

And I need more darks so I pulled these from stash.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Stash Management-img_20190911_143153723_1568231763083.jpg  

2019 Stash Management-img_20190911_144758691_1568231847874.jpg  

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think I want to make a holiday table runner for my diet buddy for Christmas. Now to decide which one. Nothing on Pinterest is grabbing me.

I got buns and focaccia made and chili in the Crock for supper the next few days. The herb mix I used on the focaccia is so salty I can't believe we used to love it. I threw out the couple tbsp that were left. Funny how tastes change when we work at eating better.

I wanted the Plano storage box to work with all my snaps, grommets, and tools for them and it just won't. ☹️ I'll think of something.

I can't recall ever running out of so many different foods at once. That's an indicator how little I've been focused on food since about March. I'm out of every kind of oil except sesame, onions, fresh garlic, cabbage, carrots, popcorn, along with a few other things I NEVER run out of, and running low on lots of other stuff. I see a $300 or so grocery bill coming, although I think I will pick up the bare minimum just to get through till we get back from vacation. I hate when I can't make what I want. I wanted beef and barley soup, but have no broth. Maybe I'll get that made tomorrow. Not complaining. We're not going hungry or anything. I just can't believe so many things ran out at once. It's weird.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That happens to me sometimes, too, running out of a bunch of stuff at once. More and more lately I have been putting off buying something until we are completely out of it, and then I wait until I actually need it. Been looking at expiration dates of stuff in the pantry, stuff I bought "just because" and haven't used yet.

Still have a fever, stayed home today and sewed. Had a few naps in between. Sewed triangles together in pairs for the pinwheels. Sewed 4-patches, which will become 8-patches. Cut and sewed more strips. DH is bringing home dinner. I think when I get over this I need to put some chicken pot pie filling and soup or stew meals up in the freezer for next time one of us gets sick.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I decided to work on the pieced pillow back tonight. It won't look too strange, all same fabric but a visible seam in the big piece. 3 buttons to close, I already made the buttonholes. Should try to go to bed EARLY.
    From the JoAnn ad it looks like practically everything is on sale. Fortunately don't really need anything.