2019 Stash Management - Page 128
Page 128 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2878118125126127128129130131138 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2164
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope you are feeling better CH! I have the change your life change your closet video. Kathy probably then was the Empress since lots of the boats go to Victoria on the Island. High tea here is just small if fancy 3 tier stand finger sandwiches, scones and dessert. all small. plus tea. things like mothers day teas are big at museums etc but then it is just a plate with stuff on it but only like $10 the one my friend and I went too, its business was high teas and selling tea. $35 each. Empress is like $75 a person. my friend and I have a plan to go fundraiser tea this month.

didn't do much today except get a free cat t for dd from a group and got rid of mils hot sauce from gift pack we gave her that was unopened. got some winter veggies starters and some groceries.. wow I have a lot in the freezer downstairs. so no need to buy meat for a while. friend popped over for dinner while her kid was at sports. church not available so back to my plan except for both teas it is sil trying to suck up to 2 diff people that must be certain date. so over it. just want to organize it. dh is just happy that she is behaving where I am like no put up with abuse for years so only limited energy for her. her being nice for a couple weeks doesn't erase years of crap. and I am the one who will have to put w her friends glaring at me cus of her lying. and if mil wasn't dead she would be the same old person. so will ph the hall tomorrow and see if available still.

cleaned out my wooden box of knitting needles and crochet hooks..all the sewing stuff that has been in there for decades..elastic, binding and lots of zippers! all new. need to test elastic to make sure it is still good. all same width too like an inch so why I got so much who knows lol
    Last edited by marthamfi; 09-11-2019 at 11:24 PM.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    I think I want to make a holiday table runner for my diet buddy for Christmas. Now to decide which one. Nothing on Pinterest is grabbing me.
    This looks like your style: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/229120699777360983/ Not sure what your buddy likes. Last time I made a runner I sewed some fancy fabric onto each end of a plain piece.

Yes, feeling better, thanks. Congestion has hardly bothered me all day, mostly it is just the fever left. Still .9 over normal. The tiredness is fading. I think tomorrow will be the end of it.

My church group -- the ladies that use the gym at the church community center-- is having another luncheon in December. This one is a white elephant gift party. At first it was going to be $5 gifts, then someone suggested thoughtful re-gifting. I was thinking about sewing something, maybe a pair of holiday potholders? Is that gifty enough? I wouldn't know what kind of book or home decor item any of them would like. Worse, it's a random thing, so I won't even know who my recipient is. This is supposed to be "fun". I think it's nuts.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If you want to sew a gift how about a iPad cover or similar - that would be non-gender. Or one of those neck-warmers w/ rice you put in the microwave?
    I finished the bandanna pillow, looks good except the buttons ended up not being centered in the back. I have a small rectangle pillow form next. Found some of the cross-stitch "ribbon" about 1" wide that would make good embellishment except need to decide what motif to cross-stitch first. More of that "ribbon" in different colors/lengths, maybe one day I will have a plan to use it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yesterday I got an email about the three old ladies pattern I was having redone in max colors. They said they already had it, would refund the fee, and linked to it. But that was the original huge version. I replied I wanted the mini version so that’s straightened out. I also asked them to hold it about 150 if they could. If not the full max color would be ok. At least my order is coming up in the queue so it may be available soon.

I hope so. I don’t plan to start it, put will get it printed. For the shelf pattern I ordered the hard copy to save a trip to town to get it printed. I didn’t think to ask but it came double sided. I hate that. So when the other one is ready I will also make a one sided copy of the shelf pattern.

I also have another to print out. Four years ago I got a pattern on Etsy that I started and then got sidetracked from. When I was going through UFOs I unearthed it, and found a page of the pattern was missing. I contacted the person I bought it from. It was no longer listed inher shop. She said it was because she no longer worked with that artist, but but volunteered to rebuild it and just send it to me. I will have to restart it because since then she was put new DMC colors in the software, but I had not done much on it so that’s ok. I’m just glad to get the pattern resurrected. It was extremely nice of her to do that for me. I was willing to just buy the pattern again, but she didn’t charge me for it.

Meanwhile, stitching the shelf is on hold. I am making it extra hard on myself because I started at the top. I’m using a hoop instead of a frame, so decided I would rather have the stitched part moving up and away from the hoop than hanging down in my lap. However I have always started at the bottom that just works better for me because I stitch the x from the top down rather the bottom up. It sounds crazy but after reading patterns that way for decades, it just feels awkward and wrong to be working the other direction. So I’m starting it over in the bottom corner. I hate to do that but weighing several days of work against years of awkward work, I decided it was worth it.

With such tiny stitches done in single strand, cutting out what I have done will be a real pain, with a risk of damaging to the fabric too, so that’s a problem I’ve solved by throwing money at it. I just ordered a new piece of fabric. I’ve concluded I like working on the the 25 count, so I’ll use this piece for other patterns that are large enough not to turn into postage stamp size on it.

In short, until I can copy the pattern and get the new fabric in, this project is dead in the water. Back to the toucan!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like that runner a lot, CH. But not for my friend. I don't really know her tastes very well. She lives in Massachusetts so I've never been to her house. I like this runner:
    https://pin.it/ynwvb2nf5weklo
    Don't know if it will come up to the right runner or a list of them. I might have to post a pic from my laptop.

I've forgotten how to plan trips, but I'm slowly remembering.

I'm getting better about not overstocking food, too. Probably why I'm running out from not paying attention.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

A microwavable neck warmer would be nice, especially as a lot of the ladies are older. I was thinking about it last night and realized I have bags of gift stuff in the closet downstairs. Some fancy bath soap, pretty note books, etc. I might just put a little gift basket together and use up stuff.

A friend came over to visit today and I did not get much sewing done. Fever is gone but I still feel tired. Letter from the doctor saying my white blood cell count was down last week. Guess that is why I got sick. I bet it is really high right now.

SD, if it is the red and green one with pointsettia fabric, that is really pretty. Would be good for a large print focus fabric.

DC, hope you get all your patterns and threads straightened out.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can't quite figure out how the runner is constructed, but I haven't looked into it much yet. Yes, it's the right pic the way it sounds.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    I can't quite figure out how the runner is constructed, but I haven't looked into it much yet. Yes, it's the right pic the way it sounds.
    Imagine it on the diagonal, like a set of stairs. It's easy to figure out from there.

Leaves are starting to change here. Not much, just a few yellow leaves here and there.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks CH. I’ve just never done a project like this before - so huge, so many colors so at the beginning it’s all learning curve. I’ve watched some more videos, read some blog articles. Last night I learned that taking one color and working all of it in the pattern is called stitching “cross country.” As opposed to “parking” which is working systematically through a unit - a block or row - leaving all the active threads in the fabric to be picked up when next needed, a little like knitting colorwork with bobbins. There are different ways to do it, some of which look like complete chaos to me. The method I like is to park it in the first hole of the next stitch where it will be used until you start working that section. At least that way it automatically identifies the color. I can see where that would make the confetti areas easier. On the other hand it seems to be done on work on frames. I’m using a small hoop so it might be too awkward with that. I’ll experiment. At any rate it’s been interesting to see how others handle projects like this.

It looked like fall here driving into town Monday. Bright sky, yellow leaves fluttering from the trees across the road. Unfortunately it was all illusion since it was still 96 outside. Last night I read until 3:30 in a book I’m only moderately interested in. How dumb is that? I slept till 11:00 this morning. I skipped morning tea and went straight to lunch - lol.

I’m glad you’re getting better CH. Stay on the mend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was thinking about how to construct the runner and backing at the same time for some reason. But yeah, assembling the front and back separately makes it much more obvious how to put it together. It shouldn't take long to make once I have a chance to focus on it. Looks like lots of handwork. Christmas joy.

We ended up in Hibbing today. I went to JA to look at cutting mats. The one I have is 3x3 and I paid $3 for it. Not expecting to find that deal again anytime soon, I bought a 2x3 so I will have a 3x5 cutting surface on my 3x6 table. That's enough since the ruler rack and box sits at one end. The 3x6 mat was $200! And it comes in 3 pieces anyway. The 2x3 will work just fine with my 3x3. It was $80 which is ridiculous but I used the 60% off coupon so that helped. I'm sure it will make my cutting much easier because I won't have to move stuff around to finish longer cuts. I also got 3 pieces of DfG fabrics from the spot value table, 70% off plus an additional 25% off. There went another $45, plus the mat. But that was all. I wasn't In a sloppy mood today. Went to 2 thrifts and didn't get a thing.

Glad that trip is over.

We noticed one of the door panels blew out of the greenhouse last night in the storm. Luckily it doesn't seem like any real damage was done. We haven't had a chance to see about other damage, although we did notice a small tree down. We heard reports of 60 mph wind gusts to go with the thunder, lightning, and 2" of rain that fell yesterday. Worst storm all year. We only had a couple tiny power outages but it was raining so hard we lost satellite service off and on all evening.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I found some fabric for the back of the christmas quilt. They had this at HL, 30% off but their fabric is cheaper than JA so it turned out to be ~$5.50/yd. It is nice and bright, and not too cutesy, and should work with the vintage fabrics on the top.

2019 Stash Management-img_20190913_183623171.jpg

I got 7 yards, which is more than I need for the backing, but there has to be extra to mount it on the quilting machine. Then it gets cut off after it is quilted.

Picked up 2 remnants at recycled fabrics, nice dark ones to go into my new quilt. Have lots of lights but I worry about running out of darks. Did a little cutting this morning before I went out, that is all I got done today.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's really pretty, CH. I like holly designs.

I'm curious now what I have for fabric to make the runner. Will have to look sometime. Right now my table is full of trip planning stuff.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like the holly print too, it will look nice. I wrapped the small rectangle pillow form in 2 more layers quilt batt and covered w/ old sheeting, so another nice pillow form ready. I started cross-stitching the "ribbon" - it's smaller than 14 count so I'm doing simple design of reversing hearts in 2 shades of blue. Don't want to spend too much time just working on that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Not sure I will get much done today. We are having lunch and spending the afternoon with friends. May try assembling some pinwheels.

An elderly friend gave me a gift code for an online store. She has no computer and can't use it. It will cut the price of shipping on something small.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I should be able to finish the current page if the toucan pattern today or tomorrow. I also want to get the cross stitch bulletin board up again. I haven’t had it out for months. But to do that I have to finally get the work table cleared off, unless I can figure out some other place to put it. Those are the only real goals for the weekend.

CH - I like the holly too. It should look great.