2019 Stash Management - Page 129
Page 129 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2979119126127128129130131132139 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2112
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I finished page 4 of the toucan. Five to go. The next two are pretty densely stitched, but the last three across the bottom don’t have a lot of stitching on them.

I hoped the new fabric would ship by yesterday but it didn’t, so it will be towards the end of next week before I get it. I can’t decide whether I want to continue with the toucan until then, or move to the next wip for a while. Since I still have everything out for the toucan I may just carry on with that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

not up to much just cleaning things. did finish the skein of fruitcake caron cake. will a bit off added green from leftover yarn ..2 hats and a necker for gifts. will be sending them out later. 2019 Stash Management-fruit.jpg

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Nice hats, M! Great fall colors, and the green doesn't look out of place at all.

Quilt bee tomorrow. I'm considering not taking my machine. But I do have a bunch of sewing to do. I'd have to move the 16-patch stuff first, and it is all over. But it will be easier to do the christmas quilt border and backing at he bee, because there is so much space there. Argh! Going to see what I can get done today before I decide. I am on the list to bring crackers for the potluck lunch, so I am obligated to show up for at least an hour or two.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I found folding pot handles for my GSI Pinnacle camp cook set at a price I was willing to pay, so ordered 2. The set comes with 2 pots and a frying pan, but only one handle. I was never happy about that, but never used the set so it wasn't an issue. But I'm going to start using it now.

We set up the camper and discovered a roof leak. The curtain on the back wall was soaked and all the bedding on the back bed. Luckily it didn't reach the new mattress or the base the bed sits on, or the storage under that. Ugh. So I had to strip the bed. I hate making beds with 3 enclosed sides. But it could have been worse. I slapped an Eternabond patch on the leaky spot, which I'll regret later, but we don't have what we need for a real fix and it's supposed to rain again soon.

Still trying to find my menus I was working on Thursday. It makes no sense they've disappeared, but now I have to do them over. Luckily I was less than halfway through the trip. The first part is usually the easiest because I prep stuff at home.

Husby got the first coat on the camper steps so that helps, I think. It's still too humid to paint but we're running out of time and need the steps now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I assembled triangles into 8 blocks, and cut more strips into squares. I will take that to quilt bee tomorrow.

Turned 12 large potatoes into individually wrapped, baked, stuffed potatoes for later this fall and winter.

DH is rushing ahead on the basement. Already checked the price of a POD and got in touch with our kitchen contractor. Guess I will be cleaning and packing later this week.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I finished getting all the thread ready for the Shelf pattern. I had been doing sort of as it turned up, but that’s completely ready to go now. I also made some good headway on clearing the table, then went to visit with everyone after the Girl Scouts left. I’m getting a late easy supper cooked and after I eat I’ll get back to the toucan.

I’ve have concluded that one of my retirement aspirations is extremely unlikely to happen. When I was doing pre-retirement stashing I laid in good water color, brushes, and paper. Years and years and years ago I did some watercolor and enjoyed it, but to do it now at the level I would be satisfied with with big really big, time intensive learning curve. I’ve been putting it off and realistically I am just not willing at this point to invest that much time and energy into it. So I’m going to go through all the art supplies, keep what I am likely to use to give the rest to someone else who will use it. A little more stash to be managed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Almost finished skein #6 on the wool afgan. I should be able to finish that skein and start skein #7 tonight.

At some point, I will ball up the yarn I picked up from the sheep and fiber festival last week. I know I don't have near enough yarn for the variegated wool afgan project I plan for myself. It'll be totally different from previous self projects because it has colors I normally don't pick up for myself. But it'll be fun to work with. I may use it for the rare times I stay the night for my LARP. Of course, if I do that, a couple of my friends might want to snerch it for their own. It would be a good project to work while I"m there, provided it's not a wet weekend. I can beat out dusty dirt but not wet dirt.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I got a notice that the new fabric has shipped. At least it’s at the label prepared stage, but it’s cut and ready to go. Meanwhile, the hiatus is probably a good thing. I’ll work on the toucan at night, but I’ll use these few days to get some odds and ends done around the house.

Today I’ll go through all the art supplies. Some time ago when I was going to start coloring some of the lace stash, which I never actually did, I put some of all the watercolors in some empty half pans I had. I’ll keep those. I have a few more of the pans so I will fill them with an extra of the most useful colors and then pass on the tubes. I’ll also keep a few of the brushes. I’ll probably give it all to little girl. The instruction books I have are too advanced, too “grown up” for a kid’s taste, but they can either keep them or toss them. I bought them very cheaply used, so it’s not much loss on my part. She will love having all the paper.

It feels very freeing to admit that was a terrific idea that just missed it’s time, and I’m abandoning it with no regret. There is enough needlework and fabric stuff I want to do to last the rest of my life, and I still have all that yarn - lol. I told Sharon yesterday I had stopped working on the scarves, but had around 40. She said she needs about 350. It’s time for her to find some new recruits! I’m going to start working on them again, but not full time.

Last night I pulled out the bananagram letter tiles and indulged in a little solitaire scrabble. No score or board, just building it out looking for “interesting” words. I haven’t done that for a long time. There are so many fun ways to waste time!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yes I have done that too.. some crafts had their fads so or styles change. will have access soon to more of the storage (have old wooden sliding drawers sets from a friend old closet. beautiful but she didn't want them. would be $$$ to get them now. they are different depths so I had put different crafts in different ones. but access ! was going to replace the wall unit w the cupboard from mils but just realized just keep it. it isn't in the way. I just have to have dh stay out of it. now that ds party is over can bring the sewing stuff out and use a couple of shelves in the cupboard for sewing storage. so machines aren't sitting out. of course declutter. there is a huge hinged bin of fabric that is just the kids. declutter time.

started a v stitch lap blanket. never made anything for them. will be for xmas. messed up in first row a few times single triple instead of 2 but said screw it and just did a v on top of it. then found more lol but didn't frog it. doesn't matter but shouldn't start something when tired.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wish I could crochet for charity, but pet hair. ☹️

I'm struggling with menus this trip. Our dietary needs have changed so much since our last long trip. I know I'm overpacking like usual and probably overthinking. My goal is to get through this trip and figure out how to simplify for next year. We haven't done any real cooking during camping for yrs, and I've forgotten what I used to know. That will have to change.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Spent a very full day at the quilt bee. There were about 50 ladies there. Probably way more talking going on than sewing. I found out it is too late to get my christmas quilt in the show next month, so no rush now to get it finished, but I will try to do it this fall. Was also told the quilts of valor top that I made has been finished and is being presented to a veteran in November. I got a bunch of stuff sewn. Have not counted yet but I think I am about 1/3 of the way through this 16-patch quilt.

M, more storage sounds like a dream.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Too bad about the Christmas quilt. Can you enter it next year?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm sure I could, as long as I can get it finished in time. This quilt has already waited 25 years, one more won't hurt. Honestly, though, I'm ready to quilt it. Will call tomorrow for an appt. The shop that rents machines was closed today or I'd have done it already.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finished cross stitch ribbon and basted it to the pillow top. Sorted thru ribbon scraps to attach also. I dumped the "messy bag of scraps" into a shallow box on the theory that I will be able to sift thru the junk more easily. I found small stuffed "hearts" I made years ago (to be sachets I guess) and think I will stitch those down onto a future pillow cover. Sort of an "applique tic-tac-toe" look using ribbon to lay out the grid?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary Housewife View Post
    Spent a very full day at the quilt bee. There were about 50 ladies there. Probably way more talking going on than sewing. I found out it is too late to get my christmas quilt in the show next month, so no rush now to get it finished, but I will try to do it this fall. Was also told the quilts of valor top that I made has been finished and is being presented to a veteran in November. I got a bunch of stuff sewn. Have not counted yet but I think I am about 1/3 of the way through this 16-patch quilt.

M, more storage sounds like a dream.
    lol we don't have much! old houses aren't built for it. but will make things neater. and having dh he could fill a palace lol it went beside the bookcase in the back. we put the cupboard beside it and cleaned up that area. this is dd not impressed I made her hold nanas wedding dress up to take a pic. so you can see the mess and that isn't the worse of it 2019 Stash Management-wed.jpg