2019 Stash Management - Page 130
Page 130 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3080120127128129130131132133140180 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2906
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pretty dress, Martha.

Finished skein #6 and started skein #7 last night on the wool afgan. It's down to the floor now and that's a good thing now the evenings are getting cool.

I think I'll ball up the yarn I got a week ago, though. I want to show my LARP friends the yarn since I"m sure several of them will like it. I ordered more of it online although I'm sure I still don't have enough of it. I'll buy more once I get that particular afgan started so I have a better idea of how much I will need. Although I think I'll do an acrylic yarn based project if I decide to do something at LARP events. (Acrylic's easier to clean.) Several of my friends have brought WIP's into game so it'll be fun to do during slow periods. I just need to find a sturdy bag to put the project in.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

What a nice antique wedding dress. Obviously DD hasn’t set her heart on a sentimental wedding wearing it - lol.

I’m stuffed up and headachy today so pretty low on ambition. Unless or until that gets better I’ll probably just sit still and work on the toucan. The Shelf fabric finally has a projected arrival for Friday, but for some reason packages from them often arrive a day sooner than the post office expects. However the “can’t wait to get started on the new project” excitement is over and I may finish the toucan first. I would also like to go by Office Depot and enlarge the pattern, so that will need to coordinate with a trip to town.

I have a free shipping coupon from Breck’s, so I want to use it to get the rest of the bulbs and plants for the flower bed makeover. There is a large tree left when the timber was cut here that I see from the window by me recliner. It has a large mound of dirt at its base. I don’t know if it was originally there through the life of the tree, which seems unlikely, or was mounded up later. At any rate the tree seems happy enough with it. I’m going to get some bulbs to plant on the mound to dress it up a bit. I may do all that bulb shopping today and get that order done.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That's a lovely vintage dress, and it will look even better when worn. You did a good job cleaning it.

DC, I hope you're not getting this sinusitis/cold bug that's going around. It's everywhere now. DH has had a cough for nearly a month (partly because he won't follow my advice on how to get rid of it) and I have had sinus issues for 2.5 weeks now. My eyes are burning today, and I thought I was getting over it.

I hope you get some nice bulbs. I want to put some new ones in to refresh the bed, but don't have the time or energy this year. I'll settle for trying to get them weeded.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

bulbs are nice but I am lazy just put them in springtime. never lift them. thanks but the dress was actually in really good condition just a bit dirty on the bottom. think being in the cedar chest helped. didn't get full of cig smoke and they were heavy smokers. and then the last 27 yrs wedged into the storage locker so she couldn't get at it in her dementia cleanouts. dd is against all romantic notions at the moment lol mil, she always made cut up cakes for the kids and her kids before. they got to pick the cake they wanted so we are sad because she said she was keeping them in the move to assisted living apt but then we couldn't find them kids always got to pick the cake. something similar to this one but more 1950s or 60s book.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Bakers-CUT-U...kAAOSw2kJc6hlk

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Here is a pic from yesterday. I started sewing the 4-patches together. A lot of repeat fabrics right now. I need to cut and add different prints.

Today I cut strips I had sewn the other day, and went through and ironed my scraps to see what could be cut from them. Just don't have a lot of energy today, but I got a little something done.

2019 Stash Management-img_20190916_132032699.jpg

Next I have beautiful gold and red, and blue and red prints to slice up. They will add quite a bit of color to this mixture.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I didn't get much done on the wool afgan last night. I ended up balling up a couple of the skeins of yarn I got a week and a half ago. I have two more skeins to ball up from the batch I bought at the festival. I have more on order that hasn't arrived yet. Right now, the order has been processed. I don't know if that means she's dying a batch of the yarn for me or she's put the order together to be mailed. Either way is ok. I'm not at the point where I need the yarn just yet. I think I'm going to have fun with this yarn.

The quilt event at the living history farm is in a week and a half (on the 28th). Seeing all the patches and quilt discussion is getting me excited for it, although I'm not a quilter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I didn’t get much of anything done yesterday except some laundry. The headache hung on until around 8:00, and I mostly dozed off and on all afternoon. It just felt so much better with my eyes closed - lol. Happily today I’m alive again.

I have the perpetual daily housework, but today I really want to spend some extended time working on the toucan. I didn’t got the art stuff sorted so I may try to do that do. There’s no hurry for it though.

I still haven’t come to any conclusion about the plants to order. At the moment I’m leaning toward daffodils around the base of the mound and Shasta daisies higher up. That should give me both spring and summer flowers. Or maybe coreopsis instead of daisies, but the daisies are cheaper. Both of those are shipped as bare root stock.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The pattern for the old ladies is ready so I have ordered the chart. Again I ordered the hard copy which is more expensive, but without a computer here and only the phone, I just thought it was better. When it comes, I will take it and the Shelf pattern to town and get them enlarged. That will add more to the expense, but on cost per hour for entertainment, it is quite cheap. These will take a long long time to finish.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Last weekend was a puzzle weekend. Some weekends I just feel like doing a jigsaw puzzle instead of crafting.

Last weekend I started on a puzzle called "hedgehog crossing." Some pictures seem easier to put together than others. This one is relatively easy. The picture is very cute, maybe even a bit childish.

Sometimes I ignore my crafting to do jigsaw puzzles. Sometime I ignore my jigsaw puzzles to do crafting. But right now I am taking a no guilt attitude. It is all just for fun, so it does not matter if I set something aside for a while.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sewed some strips today. They will get cut into squares and sewn to the ones I did the other day, which will then get sewn to the blocks I started on Monday. Also pulled out 3 more fabrics to iron and cut up.

On other fronts... our kitchen contractors are coming over tomorrow to look at the basement so we can talk about the project and get an estimate. So I need to clean the kitchen because I know they will want to see how it is holding up.

Most of our hobby and craft supplies and a great many books are in the basement and will have to get packed up. I do hope we saved back some moving boxes in the garage. DH wanted to get rid of all of them a couple years ago. I told him one day we would need them and be glad we had them. It's not going to be a fun couple of weeks/months getting ready for the remodel.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

shasta daisies are good. my mom threw a pack of seeds in my garden years ago and still there. come up every year and spread.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Balled up the remaining skeins of the yarn I got at the fiber festival. I started the afgan I'm going to make from them. It looks interesting so far. I think I picked the one with the most white in it. I may go up a hook size since I do tend to crochet on the tighter side.

So the wool afgan got neglected last night. But I'll work on it tonight since it's going to be on the cold side. Not sure which WIP I'll work on once this afgan's done. I already have a lot of work done on the grey-brown WIP (an afgan for myself) but the acrylic lapgan goes pretty quickly. I may keep that for when I need the motivation boost. The new white wool-blend WIP I just got started can wait for warmer weather since I only got one row done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've got cleaning and gardening to do today, but will fit in a few minutes of quilting somewhere.

I had daisies in my wildflower bed for a while and they all died off. I've tried replanting a couple times but can't get them to stick. Noticed the one I bought this spring has died already.

Called the quilt shop about getting a date to do the christmas quilt, and the owner is out of town this week, and they won't make appts without her approval. So I'll call again next week and see what I can get set up.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sigh. I ordered more of the yarn I picked up from the fiber festival online. I checked the email again and it looks like it's backordered. Probably because the vendor needs to dye another batch, considering I ordered a good amount of skeins in one go, which is what she said to do. That's ok as I don't need them right away. I'll probably forget I ordered them and then be surprised when they arrive.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I ordered one more cross stitch pattern, but this one has a purpose. It’s a “Bless this house ...” sampler type bell pull. Sharon likes old fashioned things, and presumably will get her house built out here eventually. It will be a good housewarming gift. It’s certainly not anything I would want in my house, but it suits her. It’s done with that one color so should go quite fast. Faster than her house will for sure.

I finally stopped obsessing over the plant order and sent it off after wasting a good part of the afternoon messing with it. For the tree mound I ordered a smallish variety of daffodils, lavender mountain lilies that I had never heard of, and the daisies. From the reviews here it sounds like I have a 50-50 chance with them. I like yellow and orange flowers best, but since I started planning the bed by the porch around alliums, it’s morphed into a blue/purple/fuchsia bed. Yesterday I added some inexpensive heirloom type gladioli to the order. And now that I have spent all this money on bulbs for that bed, just in the last week or two, the hawthorns there have decided to spring back to life. Nature is perverse.

We should start getting Imelda rain mid afternoon. Right now we’re about to blow away but the wildly flapping banana trees must feel right at home.