2019 Stash Management - Page 131
Page 131 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3181121128129130131132133134141 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2680
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Odds and ends today. I did a bunch of little things for the trip. The trailer is leaking through the back roof and we can't figure out where. I sealed where I thought it was, but it leaked again during the last rain. Gotta get that figured out before winter.

I saw an ad for a hybrid SUV last night. That relieves a little of the low-level anxiety I have about our future travel. I saw an ad for a hybrid truck a couple years ago, but nothing lately. I think the likelihood of a significant carbon tax in the next 5 yrs are so is going up rapidly, and we aren't going to want to keep our 2 gas guzzlers if gas prices go up too much, but the hybrid SUV will tow 5,000 pounds, more than enough for our 2,000 pound trailer and probably 1,500 pounds of gear, dogs, and people. I hate SUVs but I would put up with one again if it meant we could still camp.

Local weather guy just said we average 21.5 days above 80 degrees per yr. This year, we had 46. So far. Our fall is abnormally warm, too. Winters are so weird now, too.

We stopped to have the broken brake cable checked on the truck. It goes in Monday to see what's wrong. Mechanic said it probably doesn't hurt to drive it, but sometimes the calipers don't release and could be rubbing on the drum. I think we would have smelled something after driving it to Hibbing and back the other day, over 140 miles. If they can fix it Monday, they will, otherwise we should be able to take it on the trip anyway.

Got the menu planned. That's a relief.

The handles for my camp cookset came, but they don't fit. Luckily Amazon makes returns easy. The description said they would fit so I don't know what happened.

Dang, it looks so bad in Texas. Was this mess forecasted? I don't recall hearing much about it. This stuff makes me more determined to do better with being more environmentally conscious. I know if everyone does a little, it adds up to a lot eventually.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hopefully everyone will be ok in texas..saw some of the flooding on the news. just stayed inside. hoping the weather doesn't get bad since I have scout camp this weekend tents... buying the food. just been cleaning up and vegging. put back the sewing stuff from the back to the table. getting things together for shipping. packed a box for shipping..crochet mags, patterns, new frozen crochet kit I got from thrift store plus yarn. got pee pads for miss piss pants put in the places she pees now peeing on ds stuff. so all his bedding and pillow is getting washed over the next couple of days. just working on one of my wips off and on too.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yes, it was forecast...as much as weather can be. We're in a cyclical pattern that set up last fall. It repeats roughly every 49 days. Our local weather guy predicted Dorian, and has been saying that another tropical storm is due to hit "around Sept 20" for the last 2 months now. There's yet another 'disturbance' (Jerry) in the middle of the Atlantic right now, and a huge raft of weather leaving the coast of Africa that is being watched, too. It's getting to be that time of year. A few fall tornadoes would not be out of line, either.

Things will start changing in a few weeks, after the sun sets on the north pole and colder weather sets in for the winter. A new pattern will develop for the coming year. It will be unpredictable for a month or so, and then we'll know. Let's hope it is a gentle winter.

I got nothing done with the quilt today. Didn't even turn on the lights. Quilt show tomorrow, though
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I finished the rectangle pillow cover, that is pillow #3 this summer. Using up misc. fabric, buttons, stuffing & batting. Threw 2 old pillows in the trash, nothing worth saving. I have a couple of projects in mind but not sure when I will start anything. Planning to work OT next week Sun-Sat, extra $$$ but no free time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary Housewife View Post
    Yes, it was forecast...as much as weather can be. We're in a cyclical pattern that set up last fall. It repeats roughly every 49 days. Our local weather guy predicted Dorian, and has been saying that another tropical storm is due to hit "around Sept 20" for the last 2 months now. There's yet another 'disturbance' (Jerry) in the middle of the Atlantic right now, and a huge raft of weather leaving the coast of Africa that is being watched, too. It's getting to be that time of year. A few fall tornadoes would not be out of line, either.

Things will start changing in a few weeks, after the sun sets on the north pole and colder weather sets in for the winter. A new pattern will develop for the coming year. It will be unpredictable for a month or so, and then we'll know. Let's hope it is a gentle winter.

I got nothing done with the quilt today. Didn't even turn on the lights. Quilt show tomorrow, though
    they say suppose to be a nasty winter according to farmers alamac can't spell

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope we get out of the precip cycle we've had all summer. We will have a very snowy winter if not. We never had the usual dry weather over summer, and it was miserably hot and humid all summer. I hope we don't get an overly warm winter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We only got .5” of rain from the Imelda remnants, but that’s enough for now. At the moment it’s deliciously cool, mid 70s, but 83 is predicted for afternoon. Next week is forecast to remain the the high 80s. That sounds almost Arctic after this summer. Yesterday I was able to open up the house for the first time in months and let the strong wind blow through and air it out. The fresh air was wonderful.

I stayed up very very late last night but I finished page 5 of the toucan. I was So Close that I just couldn’t quit and go to bed. I’ll pay for that today. The fabric for the shelf pattern is out for delivery. I said I was going to finish the toucan first, but after looking it at the pattern, the corner where I am going to start it is a big patch of solid white snow. That would be a nice change from toucan confetti for a day or two, so I may work on that after all for a bit.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope people in Texas are ok and the flooding ends soon.

Was able to get some work done on the brown wool afgan last night. It's slow going but at least it was warm to work with. It's been getting chilly in the evenings. The weekend is supposed to be warm again (in the 80*'s) then back down into the 70*'s next week. Definitely feels like fall.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It was hot, cloudy, muggy and hazy here today. The edge of the remnants of Imelda is rolling in as I type this, rain expected tonight. Wind is picking up. I have not heard from any of my college friends who live in the Houston area re: storm damage or flooding. So I suspect it is not as bad or as widespread as some other hurricanes, when some of them have reported flooding and severe damage to their homes.

I had a great time at the quilt show. It was a long-ish drive across the city, for me anyway. I spent 3 hours shopping and looking around. The guild boutique had some great bargains, I'm glad I got there in the morning. Did not get much fabric, a handful of fat quarters and a cute panel. Did get some notions, patterns and thread. I will share pictures when i get them off my camera this weekend.

I'm hoping we just have NORMAL weather this winter. Not too much, not too little, just right, like Goldilocks says.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're supposed to get rain tomorrow but I don't think it's hurricane related this time. The last batch dumped so fast the flooding in town ended up on the Duluth news, footage of one of our downtown streets turned into a raging stream. We can do without a repeat of that.

We picked up the house a little. More to do on that. I finished the pocket on the rug we have in the back seat of the truck. We have 5 pails in the foot space in the back seat, for storage and to extend the seat for the dogs. There's a cushion on the middle 3 pails and now the cushion is in a pocket, in hopes the rug will stay in place better instead of migrating to the back of the seat. It's a theory.

I messed with some DfG stuff, just to take a break. My serger is still not working right, so it has to go back to the shop. I hope they can figure it out because I need it. It's ok sa y for a while and then it starts to wad up the fabric instead of cutting it. I don't get it. It works fine as long as it doesn't have to cut. Very frustrating.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yet another reality check. The white patch will be easier than the confetti, will it? Ha! I hadn’t thought that through. Tiny white fabric, single strand white on it. I can’t even see where the stitches are. I’m glad I got that lighted magnifier. I had to get it out. The magnification helped but I had to put the batteries in and use the light as well. That made it doable, but not exactly fun. I have also concluded there will not be a single stitch more until I get it enlarged. When the other comes in I’ll go to town and do that. It may be a couple of weeks. So ... I’m back on the toucan.

We had a hard shower this afternoon, but I think that was just summertime heat showers.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

A couple pics from yesterday.

2019 Stash Management-img_20190920_135845617.jpg

2019 Stash Management-img_20190920_133627492.jpg

2019 Stash Management-img_20190920_133543520.jpg

2019 Stash Management-img_20190920_132736384_burst001.jpg

2019 Stash Management-img_20190920_131929826.jpg

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That Christmas quilt is gorgeous!

I’m just plugging away on the same old stuff today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I couldn't stand it another day, so I cut the 2 long bed cushions for the camper in half and modified the covers to fit the new pieces. We will never use them again, but can't get rid of them because whenever the camper gets sold, all the parts we've taken out will need to go back in. But we don't have anywhere to store 7' long cushions. Making them half as long will allow them to fit in the cabin closet, once we get out there and get it purged and organized. I didn't need to do this now, but I'm glad it's done. It should help even before we reorganize.

Other than that, nothing much happening here except we drained the hoses for winter so they can be put away.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I did another little mod. I've been looking for a way to add a little extra space above the fire extinguisher in the camper for quite a while, but nothing seemed quite right. Earlier this year I bought one of those rollup organizers for 50 cents, and it seems like it's worth a try. I had to take off the bottom compartment and redo the binding, but that's okay. I attached the organizer with cup hooks which should put an end to missing car keys. The hooks are within Husby's reach from his bunk, in case he has to set off the truck alarm in the middle of the night. I wish this was another color but it could be worse.
    2019 Stash Management-20190921_165248_1569103289251.jpg

I also put up the travel map but forgot to take a pic. I think I posted one before so you got the idea. I like where it is in the camper, above the window. I think those are the 27th and 28th mods for this year. I'm not counting the cushions.

I replaced the clip I installed for the new undercounter storage lid. The clip attached to the window curtain, but it slipped and also snagged, which doesn't make sense but it's a fact nonetheless. I put a little piece of loop tape on the underside of the valance and a piece of Command hook tape under the counter in a corresponding corner and I'm much happier now. I'm not counting that as a mod either since I should have done it right to begin with.