Blog Entries

More pics of vendors and quilts:

2019 Stash Management-img_20190920_130730736.jpg silent auction

2019 Stash Management-img_20190920_130744093.jpg silent auction

2019 Stash Management-img_20190920_130754390.jpg

2019 Stash Management-img_20190920_131019112.jpg

2019 Stash Management-img_20190920_132821640.jpg

2019 Stash Management-img_20190920_132807816.jpg
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH - you know I love bright color and abstract designs. If I had the skill, the one quilt I have ever seen that I would want to plagiarize and make is that stunning leaves on black.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Love that maple leaf quilt, CH, and the starburst. I can imagine it would fun seeing all those gorgeous quilts in person. I wonder how many thousands of hours of work were represented in that place.

I just got some good news. My friend from Missouri is buying my ginormous 15" Dutch oven. He said he doesn't NEED it, but he WANTS it. LOL! That's how I ended up with it! It will be good to have it out of here. It's a pretty cool oven, with an embossed fishing scene on the lid. That thing probably holds 3 gallons. It'll also hold my 12" DO I will need to bring along, so we won't have to trip over both of them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love the leaves on black quilt also. I crammed more stuffing into an old pillow form, have another to do, so that bag of stuffing will be gone. I got 2 Rubbermaid totes from mom's house and will probably re-org fabric into them later. I'm declaring November-December to be crafting/"me" time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dircpa - good for you for scheduling your me time!

The toucan may leap forward today. I have a small area of branch with lots of small bits of different colors, but then I get to a big leaf with large areas of color, like a normal pattern, and that should go quickly. I’m really looking forward to that leaf - lol.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hope everyone has a productive day. We've re-scheduled our trip to the festival for next weekend, even though we have an event Saturday and it will be more tiring. Just did not want to deal with the wet today, even though the rain has stopped as predicted.

Which part of Missouri are you visiting, SD?

Here are some more show photos:

2019 Stash Management-img_20190920_133910742.jpg

2019 Stash Management-img_20190920_134531066.jpg

2019 Stash Management-img_20190920_134600919.jpg

2019 Stash Management-img_20190920_133749473_hdr.jpg I really love this, may get some for the back of my quilt, but $$$

2019 Stash Management-img_20190920_113019160.jpg guild boutique room, lots of 2nd hand goodies for sale

2019 Stash Management-img_20190920_113027271.jpg used sewing machines

2019 Stash Management-img_20190920_120859958.jpg and they served lunch to benefit a local food kitchen
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Love seeing all the quilts. Thanks, CH.

We're meeting a couple of my online friends and their wives at Carlyle Lake, IL, for a few days. I think one of them is from KC, MO. The other is from OH. After we booked that trip, we found out there is an Aliner rally at Hannibal, MO, next week. We don't know anyone, but it's a rally for our region and another midwest region, so we're hoping to meet some people from relatively nearby. Sounds like about 20 rigs will be there. Since it's on our way home anyway and since we're retired now and can easily add 5 days to our vacation without having to ask anyone's permission and since the rally starts 2 days after we leave IL, how could we pass it up? Usually Aliner rallies are hell and gone from us, so it was like a sign when this one dropped in our laps.

One fun thing they have at Aliner rallies is an open house. People go around and look at what other A frame owners have done to their rigs. I can't wait to get new ideas! And show off some of our mods, too. Most A owners have the same problem, lack of space, and it's always interesting to see what other people do to make more space.

I did my 30th mod today. I thought through the idea I rejected earlier this year, making a spice rack along the back of a counter to hold 8 Tupperware spice shakers. I decided it should work after all. So I added webbing loops to the wall hinge, which made pockets for each shaker. They will be handy, not in the way, and won't have to be moved unless we use them. This mod moves 2 cloth bags out of the pantry baskets. It also does no damage to the camper, always a goal for me. I used the hinge screws to attach the webbing, so no new holes. They were spaced perfectly to work just right. Love when that happens! The rack can then be removed if it doesn't work out, with no harm done. I think we will like it. We both like a lot of different seasonings and now we'll have them conveniently available. I downsized some of them I had in jars from the baskets, so that helped, too.
    2019 Stash Management-20190922_115726_1569191113297.jpg

I spent most of today finishing the menu and food packing list. I'm a lot closer now to my goal of a master list. I'm hoping I can finalize that over winter. I think I might make a detailed list of each meal we like to take and put each on a recipe card. Then I could just pull each card as I plan food, and the stack of cards would be an automatic packing list. I've tried checklists but they are too generalized, even the ones I've made myself.

I finally realized a lot of our food space is taken up by snacks and dog food. I reorganized the pails we use for storage under the back bed and freed up 3 of those for snacks and dog stuff. I think that will make a big difference. Our snacks won't be hogging up all the space in the pantry, and I hope, with snacks out of sight in the pails, we eat less of them.

I got 30 pounds of ice cubes made, so they're getting colder in the freezer and should be ready by the time we leave Thursday. We're getting ready, slowly. I plan to clean house tomorrow and do food prep Tuesday and Wednesday. I always hate the last 3 days of trip prepping. But I'm starting to look forward to the trip. It's been a long, busy, tiring summer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great pictures of the quilt show. The quilt event at the living history farm is this coming weekend so I'm excited. I love looking at the quilts.

The yarn I ordered online came in. The turn around on it was faster than I thought since it's a small dye batch yarn. I balled up some of the skeins and will likely do some more tonight. It will likely be too muggy tonight to work on the wool afgan for my friend. I also did some work on the new afgan for myself since it was also warm last night. Once the temps start getting cooler, I'll probably put this aside for other WIP's or even new stashbuster projects which will go faster. The yarn I just received is sock weight so it's going to take some time to work on.

My friend liked the sewing tray I picked up for her. She's a fellow larper and sometimes does quick mends during the LARP. So I figured she'd appreciate having something she can carry around ingame that is practical, looks both nice and correct for the game setting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

A bunch more quilts. I saw some designs I was not familiar with. I love to see how creative people can get.

2019 Stash Management-img_20190920_134614957.jpg

2019 Stash Management-img_20190920_134611695.jpg Note the blue ribbon

2019 Stash Management-img_20190920_135003473.jpg

2019 Stash Management-img_20190920_135116296.jpg

2019 Stash Management-img_20190920_135129586.jpg

2019 Stash Management-img_20190920_135215702.jpg

This afternoon I will take photos of the goodies I bought.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The state fair is next month so that means we are all scrambling to help little girl with projects. Sharon gets her entered in just about every category there is. Since I have the bead horde I was drafted to head up necklace and bracelet categories, though this year we went with charms. She made a Halloween necklace. I had a thick black shiny cord with silver and gold running through it. She used a big three dimensional black spider at the center, some dangly orange and black beads on the sides of it and finished up with two silver bats. I didn’t have rings large enough for the cord so she sewed them on, a great labor as it was her first sewing ever. The bracelet was easier. She picked some teal gimp trim. We cheated and I sewed that together for her. I didn’t trust her new stitching to keep it from unraveling. She picked out a bunch of different fish charms and learned how to use jump rings and pliers. Other exploits for the day were paper flowers (a cousin), Christmas tree ornaments built around cinnamon sticks (uncle), birdhouse and nativity scene (Sharon). My assignment for today is to gather up an assortment of stuff she can choose from to decorate a picture frame. All I have to do is drop it off and she’s on her own with the glue gun. Needless to say I didn’t get much done on the cross stitch, but we had a good time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH - I really like the border on the blue ribbon one. That’s an interesting design. And of course I love the vines.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

beautiful quilts! thanks for posting! not much going on here crafting wise. went to a charity high tea w friend w drag queens performing ..was fun. couldn't quite remember which kitty kat cat she wanted from the ones I had made from the blackberry mousse caron cake. then she picked the one she didn't want before. now her son wants one for his girlfriend. they don't look political at all more fun. she wants to pay for it but no need. said have one I have done. been going though all the jewelry mil had costume etc. found another box. all of it is mixed up one piece here another there. will have to put it all out to sort. dh had bought back more of mils stuff.

it has been pouring rain since last sat nite so was wet tearing down camp stuff. all hanging to dry or washed. and will be wet again because clean up park scout meeting. had a skype interview for a job I want. wish me luck!

just errands etc. today...go for a day and a half and the kitchen is a mess wasn't happy. crafting will have to wait today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today was pretty much a waste. Had an afternoon dentist appt, left an hour early to check out a new coffee shop on the way(meh), got to the appt on time only to find I had a different time on my calendar than they did and the hygenist had already left for the day. So I got to drive all the way back across town. The only positive is that I got to stop and pick up potatoes so I can make pot pies tomorrow without needing another trip.

I took photos of the items I picked up at the quilt show, but seem to have deleted them from my camera.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I can see the end in sight for the toucan. Not instantly, but I’m definitely getting there. I finished the fiddly branch last night and have been working today on the last of the bird’s body. I only have a few stitches left, then I get to move to the big easy leaf.

I’ve gone through all my big patterns and picked one to start after the toucan. The plan is to have three going at once so I can switch off when I get tired of one. One will be the Shelf, the forever pattern. The one I’ve picked from the more reasonable large ones is called Covered in Green. For the third I will always keep something simpler to work on. Most of my WIPs and UFOs are in that category.

I looked at the pattern for Covered in Green pretty closely, and I don’t think it’s going to be nearly as hard as it looks. It will have its moments, but maybe won’t be too bad.

https://mysticstitch.com/products/co...cb3b0c3f&_ss=r

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The description of that new pattern says "richly detailed" and "stimulating". It looks like a heck of a lot of work.

I found my photos, not deleted after all, just ended up in a different place. These little kits are more my speed. They were .25 or .50 each. I'm only keeping the christmas one. The others are gifts. I got a color wheel for .10, a bag of crap (hand needles, thimble, tape measure, two sliding gauges, a pack of grommets, marking tape and a pen, all for .50. And a cone of purple thread for $1.

2019 Stash Management-dscn1143.jpg

Use it up, Wear it out,