2019 Stash Management - Page 133
Page 133 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3383123130131132133134135136143183 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2906
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nice selection of crap, CH. I buy stuff like that sometimes, too. I've gotten some great deals that way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The pattern seems to have the colors more connected than the real confetti patterns. Not blocks, but not randomly scattered. Anyway, since it pretty much all green if I make a few mistakes they will never show. My kind of pattern LOL.

I can’t decide whether to do it on 16 or 18. I have 18 gridded, but I’ll see what big pieces I have in 16. I can pencil in the grids.

If I were smarter I would do little kits too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You're plenty smart, D. 🙂 That looks like another hugely challenging project, but beautiful.

How do you keep track of where you are on those big projects? I forget even on small projects.

Time to clean house today. I can't put it off any longer, sadly.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good luck on the job interview Martha.

It does not really look like a simple cross stitch project. But it does look like it might be forgiving.

I enjoyed looking at all the quilt pictures. I like the look of traditional quilts, but I also like seeing people who are doing things new and different with quilting. I like abstract art, and some of the modern quilts have a bit of an abstract art feel for me.

I am kind of a small project person myself. Maybe when I retire and have more time, I will feel like doing a large project. Or maybe I will just do lots of small projects. I feel like I am mostly drawn to hand sewing as opposed to machine sewing.

I am starting to get a feel for the kinds of things I like for crafts. I like working with thread, fabric and yarn. Possibly the occasional bead. I prefer projects with simple hand held tools - as opposed to machines. I like portable projects I can do anywhere.

So I will keep that in mind when I decide to try out new things. I may give paper piecing (quilting) a try. That is similar to things I like to do.

There are lots of things that I admire, but are not really a good match for me to try. For example, I admire glass blowing, but I don't think it is something I would enjoy doing. I am putting modding dolls in that category as well. Although I might try doing a small wig for a doll, since I would not be working directly with the doll. It would just be thread or yarn in fabric wig cap.
    KathyB

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Here's a couple more pictures. I got several fat quarters. .75-1.00 each. The recipe one was cute and will be potholders or a dish towel some day. The red/white/brown prints are going to my current quilt project. The brown leaves was a nice surprise, it is a half yard with a few inches cut off one end. The dots were just fun.

2019 Stash Management-dscn1144.jpg

2019 Stash Management-dscn1147.jpg

These were a steal, normally $12 each. The foundation blocks are super light cotton. It will be a great stash buster project.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH - your foundation blocks look horrendously more difficult than the tree cross stitch or even the shelf pattern - lol. I guess it’s just what we are comfortable with.

I must have been super bored last night because I lay on the bed and watched a two part YouTube of a cross stitch going through her WIPs to cull them. Our tastes are so different I wouldn’t keep any of them. I thought my WIPs list was embarrassing, but she had probably twice as many. In the end she only tossed maybe three or so of them, and put three or four in a don’t know pile. Next to a big towering pile of keeps. I was more ruthless when I culled mine recently. That made me feel very virtuous. It’s been interesting to see my interests evolving over the years.

SD - I shade the pattern as I go, using pencil so I can erase any mistakes in either stitching or coloring. That gives me a shape to use for navigation that I can use when the colors are very close. Sort of - this goes above that block of four stitches with a diagonal on the top right. If that makes sense.

I want to go to town today, but so far my arthritis is not being very cooperative. I have some clips to return to Amazon since they sent the wrong size, I want to enlarge the shelf pattern and get it and the tree printed one sided, and get a flu shot. None of that has to be done today. Thursday I have to take the car in for maintenance and inspection so could do it then if it doesn’t take too long for the car. Usually though when I escape from there I just want to get home.

M- I hope the interview goes well. Fingers crossed for you!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Martha, good luck on your interview.

I love seeing all the pictures of fabrics and such but I'm glad I never got into quilting. I have a huge enough stash of yarn as it is.

Did some work on the 'vamp' afgan ("vamp" is the name of the colorway of the yarn) last night since it was so warm. While the temps are going to become more fall like in, it seems like we're still looking at a couple of summer-like days here and there. So I'll be alternating between the vamp afgan and the wool one. The wool afgan will like be worked on tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks everyone! did get offered the job so will see how it works out! seems like a nice company. interviewer was really nice. pt flexible so what i wanted. call came when I was setting up the fb event for mils celebration of life. wasn't going too but friends say need it to remind them of times etc. and finally got my period week late so just going to veg on the couch and call it a day. got ds clothes for tea yesterday..just needs a haircut.

also was one of those mornings starting w dh not turning off the alarm so ....it was loud when I opened the door to let cats out. so yeah. now everyone is gone and the sun is shining after the last couple of days of rain..of course last day of camp and park cleanup rain. nothing crafty yet. went though another box of mils jewelry I have to take it all out and do a big sort because bits and pieces in all different boxes and figure out what costume jewelry etc to keep.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congrats on the job offer Martha. I got back to knitting finger-less gloves to use up small balls of yarn. I have some ideas on giving them away (convincing people the are sooooo useful.)

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ren, I feel the same way about yarn. So many gorgeous colors and textures, but OMG I can't imagine finding time or room for another hobby stash.

Congrats on the job offer, M. Hope it turns out to be a good place.

SD, hope you have a good trip with clear weather. Sadly, it's looking wet here for the remainder of the month.

Last couple of photos, these are fabric panels. One with cute bunnies in teacups and one with a cat, a dollar each. The cat will become the center of a kid's quilt, the bunnies come apart into 6 or 8 blocks, enough for a good size quilt if I add sashing.

2019 Stash Management-dscn1145.jpg

2019 Stash Management-dscn1146.jpg

I'm in a dark place in my head this week and not able to do much sewing. I've got to be home tomorrow for the central air/heating repair guy, so maybe I'll try then. It's just really difficult to focus right now.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Martha, congratulations on your job offer.

I often find myself drawn to crafting supplies like fabric and yarn. Even though it has been awhile since I did any crochet - and I have lots of yarn - I often find myself tempted to buy yarn when I see nice yarn online or in a catalog I get in the mail. I feel the same way when I see nice fabric. I am at least doing some sewing. But not really enough to justify buying more fabric. Not taking into consideration the small projects I do and how much fabric I already have.

I read somewhere that knitting and collecting yarn are two separate hobbies. I think you could say the same thing with crochet. And possibly about sewing/quilting and fabric.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Kathy, many large projects are just a series of small projects. Quilts are a good example, in that many are just multiple blocks of the same pattern, which are joined together to make larger items such as a table runner, lap quilt, bed quilt, etc. As far as the time, doing a series of small projects to combine into a larger one later isn't really different timewise than making a bunch of small individual projects. 🙂

D, that does make sense. Thanks.

Martha, congrats on the new job! It sounds like it could be a good fit for you.

Ren, I can relate to the overabundance of yarn. I thought I had all mine corralled and then found 2 more totes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DLR, fingerless gloves are great! I use them in my office because it's always cold there in winter.

CH, I'm the same about picking up new hobbies. I don't have the space or time. Sewing is #1 for me and has been almost the only constant interest throughout my entire life. I unplugged my machines a few days ago in anticipation of the trip, and the amount of times I've had to plug them back in again since then is a good indicator of how much sewing is part of my life. Maybe because it's more than a hobby for me, given all the practical applications in day to day life. Carpentry, even though I'm not that good at it, is similar for me. Too bad both of them take up so much room.

One of my friends' wives is hugely into quilting and it sounds like they bring half their house along when they camp. I'm taking about 50 DfG pieces along to sew. I like sewing outside, so I hope the weather cooperates. Should be fun. I hope our dogs cooperate, too. If Husby can't handle them alone, it won't work for me either.

Lots to do today. We're hoping to roll out early tomorrow. It's both pathetic and laughable how often we plan for that and how seldom it actually happens.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thankfully, I rarely go into the local Joann's and Michael's anymore, unless I am looking for specific colors for a project I'm doing for someone else. Too much temptation. And I haven't gotten into the habit of looking at their websites since I like to pick up the yarn when I"m looking for something. On the other hand, I can't resist buying yarn at the annual sheep and fiber festival I go to regularly. I love the stuff there.

Sigh. I think I need to focus on lapgans in order to go through my stash. I'm also thinking of doing 'rag-bag' type afgans for the same reason. I know I can donate the lapgans to the local hospital or rehab centers and leave the afgans with a couple of local churches. I know the two afgans I'm making for myself will take a while so having a WIP for when I feel like I'm not getting anywhere with those will be good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't feel like I have had any craft I have done consistently. I keep wanting to try new things. But I think for now, I might try things that are new, but kind of the same as what I have been doing. For example, I switched from sewing bears to sewing cloth dolls. So it is something new, but it is still sewing. In the sewing category, there are many many different new things I could sew. Embroidery also has many different types to be tried. And there is some overlap between hand sewing and embroidery.

I am also thinking of combining crochet with sewing. Around a year ago, I did some crochet edges on existing clothing. I think I may try something in the future that uses both yarn and fabric.
    KathyB