2019 Stash Management - Page 139
Page 139 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3989129136137138139140141142149189 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2906
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's good to be home. Even with a winter storm due to arrive. We dragged ourselves out this morning and pumped antifreeze into the camper water system. There's more to do for winter but that's the most important thing for now.

I picked up some fabric at a resale store, too. Not sure what I'll do with any of it. Is that a bad thing?

We lost our owl-faced kitty Cady while we were gone.
    2019 Stash Management-20181102_232559_1570748917640.jpg
    She had undetected cancer. She died at the vet clinic on Monday, after going in as an emergency Friday. I feel bad for our house sitter, having to deal with it. If we had known Cady was sick, we would not have left home. So we're down to 2 cats now. Chester is 17 with a suspected brain tumor, and Cody isn't much younger.

In a way I'm glad the trip is over. I'm ready to move on to some indoor projects.

We didn't use all our new trailer mods, but we love the ones we did. Husby likes the water transfer system which works great. I love the new space under the countertop and I use it much more than I thought I would. The little convection oven is a handy addition we will get lots of use from. I remembered I had a vintage Coleman stove stand in the camper that might work to hold the convection oven outside, and it's perfect. That's good news because my little DO table doesn't work at all. The pocket I added to hold the cushion on the truck seat extension did not need any adjustment the whole trip, and the dogs slept most of the time we were on the road. I think the seat may have been uncomfortable with the heavy rug and seat cover always bunched up under them in the past. Now that it all lays flat, it should be more comfy.

I loved having our food better organized. It made a big difference. I was right that we wouldn't eat as many snacks if I put them in pails instead of in sight in our baskets. We took a nice variety of candy and didn't touch any of it, same with almost every other snack.

All in all, a nice way to wrap up the season.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD - Iím sorry about Cady. Itís always so hard to lose a pet, especially one that has been a family member for so long.

Itís good to have you back aboard. I had a much longer afternoon in town than I planned, but got every essential task done. A check in the mail, a dental appointment, a flu shot (that took 1 hour! by the clock st Walgreens), and an Amazon return (they sent the wrong thing and I only had two days left to get it dropped off at UPS). Boring, boring day. Tonight will be better. Iím almost finished with the first page of the tree pattern. I doubt I can finish it tonight but definitely can tomorrow.

Oh. Another essential errand. I remembered to pick up Halloween candy at Walgreens. LG would never forgive me if I failed in my trick or treat duty. She dotes on Halloween.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Glad you had a good trip, SD. Sorry to hear about your kitty. She looks like a very special and well loved friend.

Winter is arriving tonight. Newspaper is down on the table and plants are inside. I harvested the basil and thai basil and made pestos from each. Now I am out of olive oil.

It was a dark and cloudy day, but not very wet, so I went out rather than sew. Had a few minor errands, and successfully avoided JA and HL. Picked up cat food and some groceries so DH and I can stay home all weekend and hobby. And it's a long weekend, too.

I have a craft project to finish and mail tomorrow, and will probably find some other things to do while I am out.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD I am sorry, what a pretty cat.
    I finished 1 striped f-glove, it does not look bad, dark brown & tan. I hope there's enough yarn left for its mate.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, sorry to hear about your cat.

Working on skein #9 on the wool afgan. Definitely will only need this and one more skein to finish the afgan. I will put the remaining two skeins in my car WIP bag for another project. I'm just sad I won't have it finished in time to give it to my friend this weekend. I'm glad it will be finished in time for the really cold weather this winter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It’s going to be a good day at the mailbox. Both the new Shelf pattern and the 123 Stitch order with the fabric for the modern mermaid pattern are out for delivery. The mermaid is the one I’m going to do on 18 count with the new Sulky thread. After I finish the first tree page - I only have a small block of solid black left - I think I will start that to get to play with the new thread a little. Then I will get back to the shelf and work on the first page of that.

The Girl Scout troop is having a camp out here tonight. It’s going to be an interesting night - lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Woo-hoo! Mailbox time was good!

The new copy of the shelf pattern is definitely clearer so that will definitely help. I’ll take all the help I can get on that one.

The 123 Stitch package was a big winner. Of course it had a few more things in it than just the mermaid fabric. Got to consolidate postage, you know. At least that’s my excuse.

First, the mermaid fabric will be perfect. After while I’ll pull the thread for it. I also bought a Halloween pattern. I have some small silhouette patterns with ravens that I have done. This is a larger one from the same company, ravens perched on a gate. I got some extra pieces of 18 count in colors I haven’t had yet, and one will look great with that pattern. It’s a mottled medium purple with areas of soft orange. It sounds dreadful, but it’s really rather nice. I’ll get it done to put up next year.

I got two other 18 count pieces. One is called fog, and also comes in 16. I’ve wanted to try it for some time but was out of stock when I was ready to get it. It’s a very nice neutral that would look good with shells or other beachy patterns. It’s warm, but not yellowish. The other is called sterling and is a light bluish greenish gray. It will look good with a lot of things.

I want to start it all!

I’ll get a link for the gate pattern. It will be really quick to do. Who knows - I might to that first after all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Here’s the fabric. The piece I got has the orange a little darker than in the middle of this, but not as dark as the splotch at the bottom.

https://www.123stitch.com/item/Pictu...-13x17/PTP150Y

And the pattern

https://www.123stitch.com/item/Whisp...h-Pattern/WB89

And the mermaid, a pattern I’ve had for a couple of years. It should be fun. I’ll have to change some of the colors with the fabric I’m using.

https://www.123stitch.com/item/Satsu...attern/SAT-024

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Which one are you going to do on the splotchy purple? I think the gate would look nice on it. I like the bright colors of the mermaid pattern.

I got some blocks sewn together today. Up to 11 squares and about the same of each pinwheel. They spin both directions, it's part of the illusion of the overall block. Running into problems making 16-patch blocks without using the same fabrics too many times in each block. Since I'm working randomly, it's starting to get tricky to assemble them. Will take more focus going forward. I still have a lot of fabric to cut up.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Iím going to use the gate on the purple. The mermaid is going on a dark sort of teal leaning heavily to blue. Iíve had to change some colors pretty substantially for the Sulky but should be ok.

I take it back. Itís really blue but with green undertones.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, everyone.

D, you need to live to at least 120! I like the colors on the mermaid, too.

Hope the quilt squares work out, CH.

I salvaged a nice freezer shelf today to make the shoe shelf I want under the camper. It will probably not get done before spring. It's 38 degrees and dropping, and we're expecting 2-4" of snow, not conducive to painting stuff. But I'm excited to have found a nice shelf to do the mod. I need to start a mods list for 2020.

I also salvaged a nice aluminum pole to make a roof push pole to help me raise the camper roof. Another mod I should have thought of myself. I'm happy to steal someone else's idea though.

The mod we did that people seemed most interested in during the open house was the combo locks we put on all our outside cargo doors, including the cassette potty. We did it because we didn't like that the stock locks use keys that are very common throughout the RV industry, not to mention things like truck toolboxes. We also did it for convenience so we weren't always running for keys. We changed locks right after we got the camper. Spendy, but we never regretted it.

Also found out the under counter storage I built now comes standard on newer Aliners, at least some models. Who knew? I was LOL at that, since I thought it was genius when I saw it DIYed online.

I concluded the microwave popcorn popper doesn't work that well in the camper. That micro isn't very powerful. I love the popper in our house micro, so it all works out. I have a nice stovetop one in the camper, so it's all good.

The new clothesline got well used on the trip. It will be very nice to have one, finally. I don't know what happened, but 2 of the support straps are too long. Easy fix, when the weather's warmer. But it's easy and quick to set up so I know we'll use it a lot.

Still getting stuff put away. I need to clear out a tote to store camper stuff over winter that can't freeze. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe I'll get to sew in a couple days.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    It's good to be home. Even with a winter storm due to arrive. We dragged ourselves out this morning and pumped antifreeze into the camper water system. There's more to do for winter but that's the most important thing for now.

I picked up some fabric at a resale store, too. Not sure what I'll do with any of it. Is that a bad thing?

We lost our owl-faced kitty Cady while we were gone.
    Click image for larger version.†

Name:	20181102_232559_1570748917640.jpg†
Views:	37†
Size:	216.3 KB†
ID:	49571
    She had undetected cancer. She died at the vet clinic on Monday, after going in as an emergency Friday. I feel bad for our house sitter, having to deal with it. If we had known Cady was sick, we would not have left home. So we're down to 2 cats now. Chester is 17 with a suspected brain tumor, and Cody isn't much younger.

In a way I'm glad the trip is over. I'm ready to move on to some indoor projects.

We didn't use all our new trailer mods, but we love the ones we did. Husby likes the water transfer system which works great. I love the new space under the countertop and I use it much more than I thought I would. The little convection oven is a handy addition we will get lots of use from. I remembered I had a vintage Coleman stove stand in the camper that might work to hold the convection oven outside, and it's perfect. That's good news because my little DO table doesn't work at all. The pocket I added to hold the cushion on the truck seat extension did not need any adjustment the whole trip, and the dogs slept most of the time we were on the road. I think the seat may have been uncomfortable with the heavy rug and seat cover always bunched up under them in the past. Now that it all lays flat, it should be more comfy.

I loved having our food better organized. It made a big difference. I was right that we wouldn't eat as many snacks if I put them in pails instead of in sight in our baskets. We took a nice variety of candy and didn't touch any of it, same with almost every other snack.

All in all, a nice way to wrap up the season.
    my sympathies on the loss of Cady.. she looks so sweet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD - youíll still be working on your camper when Iím madly cross stitching at 120! Lol.

Another lol. The great Girl Scout camp out turned into just the Girl Scout sleep over. No tents appeared as per plans. The cold front came through yesterday. It rained in the afternoon so the ground was wet and it was windy and cold. It dropped into the 40s last night. After being in the 90s the day before. Indoors was the way to go. Scouts arenít what they used to be! In fairness, a couple of the girls are quite young and if I were a mom I would want them inside too. I also doubt anyone down here has outdoor gear for kids for sleeping out in that kind of cold damp windy weather. I imagine they had just as much fun.

I finished page 1 of the trees. Only 19 to go. It is going to be gorgeous. I got a small start on the mermaid but decided that was going to be a daylight project. The fabric is a soft weave and itís easy to split a thread off the block. I can deal with that but only if I can see it. Today Iíll work on the first page of the shelf. Thereís a lot of white in that area. The stitches are almost invisible with one strand on 25 count white fabric. That should be daylight too. Unfortunately Iím getting more daylight projects than daylight. Thereís plenty of other non white stitching on the page to keep me busy though.

My goal today is to finish the decluttering and tomorrow to do some general cleaning. Next week unless I decide to do a grocery run I will be home all week and it is going to be an official cross stitching week. I want to get a solid start on these new projects. Got to start using up more of the stash!

Good news - I did finally get the curtain finished.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, Martha. She was a strange and different girl, but also sweet and funny. Her favorite things were feet, shoes, and boxes.

I decided because of Aldi we need to keep some bags in each vehicle all the time. I made a couple from ripstop a few years ago for the van, and added a pocket so they can be folded up into themselves like those quillows. I want some for the truck now, too. I took the 2 from the van for the trip because we didn't have room for the usual canvas, and it worked out great. Since the ripstop bags fold up into their pockets, they form a little pouch to add some plastic bags to, without taking any more extra space. I got out this fabric.
    2019 Stash Management-20191012_094707_1570892901008.jpg
    It's not huskies, but still cute little doggies. Should make nice bags, although a little thicker than just nylon, which I will use for lining. I should be able to get 3 bags. Not bad for my 50 cent investment.

It's 35 and snowing, a good day to think about sewing in between putting stuff away, catching up on laundry, etc. Sure am glad we got home ahead of this storm. Can't imagine towing the camper through the Twin Cities metro on icy roads. *shudder* It was bad enough on a good day with dry pavement.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It was 35 and sunny this morning, and they say it's going to warm up to 60. Have no plans to go out. We're relaxing this weekend, going to do some hobby stuff, some sewing, etc. Maybe take a long nap, lol!

Use it up, Wear it out,