2019 Stash Management - Page 140
Page 140 of 194 FirstFirst ... 4090130137138139140141142143150190 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2906
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

D, you're probably right about me still working on the camper at 120! So many improvements, so little time.

I need to add 1" to the diameter of a slipcase I made years ago for a vintage stove stand, which we then never used and I forgot we had. But it's perfect for using the convection oven outside, which I expect we'll do often. The slip case is a hair too tight, so annoying to get the stand in or out. I want that out of here before winter. Shouldn't take long. It seems like I have a collection of little projects like that to catch up on. Always something to fix.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got the slip case altered for the stove stand. Also repaired a bag one of my friends gave me with some stuff in it. Now I can donate that.

Gotta get my act together so I can restart my weight loss program Monday. If I don't have the right foods planned and ready, there's no point in even pretending I'm trying. I guess I have to get back on the TM soon, too. I might delay that a week though. I've learned I can't make too many changes at once or I don't carry through with anything. It gets too overwhelming. Besides, my knee hurts. I hope those excuses will suffice. 😁

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

lazy day today thanksgiving long weekend ..and since I shopped and cleaned enough this week... so much money on groceries. now ds has decided today he likes coffee..my son lol dd gets to declutter her room. did get the box off of yarn etc to up north for free shipping day. finished crocheting the faux fur yarn on ...plus the eyeballs will go on the pumpkin hat. decided not to spend the $20 or more that it would cost me to ship the baby blanket to dh cousin kid ..barely got a thank you for the first one so since we are all evil and destroying the earth because we aren't vegan.. didn't point out how hypocritical she is...just muted her on fb. it was just a courtesy gesture but we don't really see that side..she is taking after her mom for sure. not the brightest bulbs in the family tree and not mine. will donate it or something. and saves me $$$ postage isn't cheap here.

fabricland is having a major sale this week and calling my name lol so will see. 2019 Stash Management-pumpkin.jpg2019 Stash Management-furpink.jpg

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got 2 new 8' tie-outs made for the dogs. Their 15' cables were too long for the tiny site we had in MO. They were able to get to the road on both ends of our drive-through site. Can't have that.

I made a list of stuff to do with camping related stuff. It filled almost an entire notebook page. Fortunately most of it is little stuff.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Happy Thanksgiving M! That hat sure is cute! Love the faux fur.

I got some hobby stuff packed up, and an empty box put in the recycle. Have a bunch of quilt blocks laid out to sew tomorrow.

Need to get out my travel notebook. DH has a conference and we are going to Florida in 3 weeks.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I worked on the mermaid yesterday, even last night and it was ok. I don’t know why I was having so much trouble the night before. I’ve decided though that I’m going to get a new lamp, a goose neck led. That should give me better light. I think it will be a worthwhile investment.

I’ll continue with the mermaid today and then start on the shelf tomorrow. It’s a birthday day - one of the guys - so I’ll lose a big chunk of time from the day and early evening. I’d rather get onto the huge project with a few uninterrupted days.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good light is priceless and absolutely essential, IMO. Not all LED lights are created equal though. I like LEDs because they don't get hot.

I got 3 bags cut from the doggy fabric with about 3" to spare, so I might not even have to save the scraps. I love when there aren't leftovers especially when it's fabric if a weight I don't use much.

Storm is basking in front of the fireplace... which is not on. I guess the mere idea of a fire is enough to keep him

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Should say "keep him warm." Dunno what happened there.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Did some more blocks today. Introduced two more prints to the mix. I think DH has to work tomorrow so I will get to sew more. Here's a pic of some blocks laid out on the floor. I could not remember how the pinwheels were supposed to lay, so this is not the final setting.

2019 Stash Management-dscn1225.jpg
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

thanks ch.. .well fate had us down in same square as fabricland so got two marked down patterns and a piece of marked down fabric $12 in total patterns are so $$ now so $3 is good. furry fabric thinking of an 50s style stole. also hit liquor store there. don't go much here you have to go to govt liquor stores for most booze. more groceries etc too. deals ..lots of videos from library scored new movies. so no big plans lol 2019 Stash Management-sew.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Almost done with skein #9 on the wool afgan for a friend's mil. I have one more skein to go on it. I will probably have it done by the end of the month. At least I hope so as it's getting chilly.

Went to my friend's culinary herb lecture yesterday (Sunday) and enjoyed. I've gone to previous lectures she's presented and enjoyed it. She thought it was going to be 2 hours long, but the site only allowed her 1.5 hours. Oh well. She didn't get to everything she wanted but was able to adapt her talk to the herbs the site had in their garden. (The garden was nicely set out but really small.)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The herb lecture sounds like fun.

I have cleared the decks of everything except the shelf pattern today and tomorrow. I came to a good stopping place on the mermaid last night so I put that away and did a little on the shelf. The white isn’t covering the gray grid well so this will need to be washed at the end to remove the grid lines. However since that’s 20 years away it’s nothing to worry about now - lol.

We’re supposed to have rain starting around 2:00, continuing through tomorrow. Perfect tea and stitching weather. I brought a doggie bag home from the birthday party so that will also minimize cooking for a couple of days. I’ll probably put some potatoes and sweet potatoes in the oven to bake this afternoon.

The Heaven and Earth Designs people said they think my poor quality pattern was printed just before the copiers were cleaned. So it really wasn’t my imagination.

Off to grab a quick breakfast and dive in.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dc - the herb lecture was fun. My friend (the lecturer) is a clinical herbalist and is a great teacher because she's very interactive with her students. And the topic was Culinary Herbs as Plant Medicine.

Just registered for a sign language class. I've taken a sign language class in the past but it's been years since then. This one is a seven week course through the local adult continuing education. My LARP piqued my interest in ASL again and I've finally found a class to learn again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by marthamfi View Post
    thanks ch.. .well fate had us down in same square as fabricland so got two marked down patterns and a piece of marked down fabric $12 in total patterns are so $$ now so $3 is good. furry fabric thinking of an 50s style stole. also hit liquor store there. don't go much here you have to go to govt liquor stores for most booze. more groceries etc too. deals ..lots of videos from library scored new movies. so no big plans lol Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sew.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	289.2 KB 
ID:	49581
    "hit a liquor store" could also mean you robbed one which was my first thought - got a laugh out of that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm off on Wednesday - yippee. Dentist first thing in the AM and meeting a friend for lunch. If weather is nice I should work on the yard. But it is supposed to rain and we hope it does as we have had 6 weeks of no rain at least. If I'm inside I have a white queen flat sheet to re-make to full size. Taking lace off the top edge and adding a blue print border strip below the hem. Then do the same at the bottom w/ a yellow strip. That way I can use the top sheet w/ 2 other bottom/pillowcase sets. I'm so clever......