2019 Stash Management - Page 141
Page 141 of 159 FirstFirst ... 4191131138139140141142143144151 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2372
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Indigenous Peoples Day!

Got the lining cut and all side seams sewed for the 3 new grocery bags, so that's something. I used up the last of one of the 144-yd rolls of ripstop I bought years ago. So glad now I went back and bought the second roll. I use that stuff for so many projects.

I called to make a dental appt this morning, finally, and they had just had a cancellation, so I grabbed that. Glad it's over. Otherwise it would have been a 3 month wait. The new dentist is very popular. Everything looks good so they're going to continue treatment here. I'm relieved not to have to go out of town to see the periodontist anymore, especially in winter. Also relieved the deep pockets in my gums are vastly improved. The worst had been 12mm but is now only 2mm. So much better.

All in all, a good day.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hope everyone is having a good day. We had some beautiful fall weather. I made a grocery run this morning, sat and had some tea, and didn't get any farther. Feeling tired and I can feel the arthritis in my hands acting up. Chemo in 2 weeks again. It's supposed to be sunny tomorrow, so maybe I'll get a little sewing done before I have to go to the doctor. Hoping we can find some solutions to some of my issues.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope you can get some issues straightened out, CH.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD - great news! CH - got my fingers crossed for you.

Big big changes here. I use “big” literally. I have worked a lot today on the shelf on the 25 count it’s charted for. It is doable, but isn’t fun. The thought of 84 pages of that is a resounding NO. I’m going to do it on 18 count. That will make it huge - approximately 40x29”. I was sure I didn’t have anything that big but looked anyway and surprise! I have a piece of white 48x36. It was destined.

I would be willing, I think, to use the 25 count on something smaller than that, or it might work for blackwork over 2. But whether or no, I’m not going to to do the shelf pattern on it. I like to think I know when to back off. This is one of those times.

So, I will start it again. This time for keeps. Really. Third time charm and all that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think the 18 ct sounds less stressful on such a big project. Why do it if it's not going to be fun? You might need more thread though, to cover more space.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I did a little on the 18 count last night and it is so much better. Now it’s not intimidating, just big. It would have looked amazing on such a fine count, but it’s not worth it. It will definitely take a lot more thread because it’s not just bigger but I’m using two strands instead of one. No matter. Floss isn’t that expensive since I’m using DMC. Anyway with so many colors most should still need less than one skein. I’m feeling a lot better about this project and it doesn’t feel nearly as insane. Still insane, just not as much. Lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Colors get discontinued sometimes. Maybe a JA sale is in your near future since this is a long term project. I think 18 count is tiny enough. Have you thought about doing the project shelf by shelf and section by section on each shelf? Then maybe you could display it even as a WIP and enjoy it even when you're not working on it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think I will be done with skein #9 on the wool afgan tomorrow night. I signed up for an American Sign Language class which starts tonight. I've been meaning to take an ASL class on and off for some time now and only now found one near me that I remembered to register for.

But I'm glad I have this and another WIP that are long enough to cover my legs now that the temps are getting cold in the evenings. Yeah, I have a fleece blanket to cover my legs when I'm working on a new project but not having to have a separate layer while I'm crocheting is also nice.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I thought we were going to get rain this morning, it was so dark, but it has cleared off. I have a little time to sew... maybe... before heading out. Hope everyone makes good progress today.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I do plan to do it shelf by shelf. Since each shelf is a season the basic colors, like the white/blue/turquoise are used all the way across. There are 4 shelves and 7 rows of pattern pages, so the winter shelf will be the bottom row of pages and part of the next row up. I’m not concerned about the floss. With so many colors, a substitution won’t be very obvious if I have to do that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, yeah, I remember now you're going shelf by shelf. *thumps self upside the head*

Not getting much done today. I baked buns but that's not actually like work.

I also have lunch for tomorrow partially packed. We have to take the serger back to find out why the cutter doesn't work consistently. Sure hope they can fix it this time. I hate having to make a trip just for that, but the work they did has a 90 day warranty about to expire, so have to get it in.

Day 2 of being back on WW and tracking. I dumped 2 meaningless pounds overnight. It looks nice on the scale but I've been down this road enough times to know it's all fluid at this point. Next week I will start to see if I'm achieving any real loss. Hope so. I need to lose 9 or so just to get where I was last spring. I hope to get rid of most of that this week. Maybe then my knee will feel better when I start on the TM Monday or probably Tuesday.

I should be sewing, but I'm obsessed with a game on my phone, Lily's Garden. I got sucked in by the story within the game, and have to pass levels to see what happens next in the story. Oh, well, didn't I just retire in March? LOL!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD, I am sorry about your cat. Losing a pet is rough.

I decided to scrap the hand dyed thread attempt. I gave it several more hand washes. The thread kept getting lighter, with more dye leaving each attempt. It did not feel like it would level off.

I have started on a stuffed animal chameleon. This is something that could be partially done by machine. But I have decided to do it by hand, because I like sewing by hand. I feel like the chameleon pattern is something that might be good for using scraps of fabric. This one is all the same fabric. However, I think it is something that might look good as a scrappy pattern. It is a little easier than the bears I was doing. Two pieces for the body and one for the head. (The head piece is folded in half.) They have darts to give it some depth. There are eight pieces for the legs (two per leg) and one for the scale ridge on the back. No ear pieces. The eyes are sewn on felt instead of the black plastic safety eyes.
    I finished my latest jigsaw puzzle. The boarder was solid black so the last bit was pretty challenging. It was a fun puzzle though.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, Kathy. It was doubly hard because we couldn't be with her or say goodbye. But our vet staff are some of the most caring people on the planet, so we know she was in good hands.

The chameleon sounds like a fun project. I have a tiny one made with just 2 pieces. They're popular here, made by Hmong people who sell them at our local arts fairs, along with gorgeous embroidered items. Mine is a small one, but they're made in various sizes.
    2019 Stash Management-20191015_162117_1571174894134.jpg

I got one of the bags done. I'm happy how it turned out. I had to do one all the way through because it's been years since I made any and I forgot how. It would be nice if the pocket was deeper, but it will work okay. I didn't have any big scraps to work with.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here's the bag pics. The pocket lining shows when the bag is folded for storage.2019 Stash Management-20191015_162154_1571177085634.jpg

Of course, the other side doesn't show the lining.2019 Stash Management-20191015_162130_1571177269030.jpg

Here's the unfolded bag. Real exciting, eh? 😁 But I like it.
    2019 Stash Management-20191015_162229_1571177383320.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cute bag - reminds me of my tank top pattern, maybe I should just use that to cut one out.