2019 Stash Management - Page 144
Page 144 of 194 FirstFirst ... 4494134141142143144145146147154 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2906
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DC, that's funny. And reminds me I had a thought to make pillow cases for my tween nieces for christmas. Their parents strongly hinted that the girls wanted quilts, but sorry, not up to that this year. One of the girls is mad about Paris, and the other picked London. So I need to find some appropriate fabrics. Ideally a fabric panel would be what I want. And I can check dollar stores for pink Eiffel towers. I know where I can get British themed tea tins.

I finally have a day to relax. Friday was crazy with the quilt show, and grocery shopping, and entertaining into the night. And we started early Saturday getting ready for that gathering, then dashed right to the event for my performance. And then I got sick when we got home because it had all been too much. Did something to my elbow, too, maybe connected with a doorframe, I don't recall. It feels achy and bruised.

But today is a day to kick back and go slowly. Weather is beautiful, windows are open. We have leftovers for lunch. I have sacks of goodies from the show to go through and a TON of photos. Amazing quilts, maybe the best show of the year. And tomorrow is quilt bee, so I want to get something ready to take with me. It's about time to start my Christmas hand stitching project. I think I have a kit or two around.

SD, the shoe rack is a great idea!

M, hope you can get your project finished.

Dlr, we need to do some deck cleaning, too. Got a couple old chairs to toss, and last year's cat box is completely ruined from rain.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You're right. D, it's entertainment. You'll have fun using the bigger fabric.

Cute, about the Eiffel tower. I hope LG's dad is getting settled in. I was thinking of him yesterday.

Take it easy, CH. Sounds like lots of fun, but maybe too much of a good thing. I eagerly await pics, when you feel like posting.

I stole the shoe shelf idea from someone at the rally, who stole it from someone else. I still can't believe nobody else on any of the numerous RV forums I've used in the past 18 years ever thought of doing that. I'm going to keep an eye out for expanded steel where we salvage though. That would make a sturdier, nicer shelf.

We got the trailers moved to their winter spots and a bunch of little things put away in the camper. I got the pockets modified in the potty cabinet, so the cabinet lid closes like it should.

I had a vague idea how I wanted to make the AC grate from the freezer shelf I salvaged yesterday. I was envisioning something relatively complicated, but as soon as I set the grate on the counter, I could see the simple solution. We got that cut and installed in a few minutes.
    2019 Stash Management-20191020_115158_1571595557524.jpg
    Finally! I've been trying to find a solution to this problem for 7.5 years. It's easy to remove if need be, and flips up when we need to get at the controls. It should cut down on stuff falling on the AC now. I love solutions that are simple and free.
    2019 Stash Management-20191020_115209_1571595841675.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Woodpecker update: hubby cut ANOTHER hole lower in the siding to get the woodpecker out, so now there are 2 holes instead of 1. Man logic. It is raining today so who knows when this will be patched. He also informed me he ordered sonic woodpecker repeller off Amazon. I FEAR it is the one I see selling for $200.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dircpa - that’s hilarious. Not the woodpecker. That’s a costly and unhappy encounter with nature. You’d better hide his saw before he decides that hole didn’t work, but if he put one over there ... or there ...

Actually, did it work? did he get the woodpecker out?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

LOL! It sounds like now you have a woodpecker duplex. I know, not funny. I remember when we had raccoons, and all the damage they did.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ch had to go back and figure out what project lol not a hard one just keeps getting lost in the basket besides me. have a lot of wips. hopefully the woodpecker goes away. https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/lib...ack-in-the-web

not feeling great, pouring rain so skipping halloween garden. had to do flea meds on cats and flea comb the youngest. he has lots white so you see them more and for some reason gets more too. so flea combed today and discovered a wound on his chest about quarter size near his armpit..he hasn't been fussing w it so didn't know. appt tues earliest that works since other is when I am working and new job. housework reg stuff. worked on one crocheted project for a while.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We never had any luck with sonic repellers. I concluded they were a scam when the dogs did not react to them. Our dogs used to nap within inches of one. Doesn't seem logical if the devices are so annoying as to drive animals away. Hope you can evict the woodpecker without further damage.

I replaced the elastic on the recliner headrests and improved the straps attaching one of the pockets. I used some plastic hardware laying on one of my machines, but can't find the dozens of pieces just like them to do the other one. So frustrating, and makes no sense. They should be in the drawer with the other 2 sizes of that type I have. I just can't figure out where they could be. I want to get the pocket done so the chair can be put away, so today I will either find the missing hardware or use something else. I just don't get it though because since the sewing room is organized now, there are limited places those parts could be, and I've looked in those places. If they somehow escaped from the sewing room, then I have no idea where they might be.

We have to be in town today, and the forecast is for 2" of rain. Fun, fun.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I believe the woodpecker is gone since I no longer hear tapping inside the wall. There is shiny silver tape over the holes to keep the rain out. Hubby needs to patch permanently.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dlr, sorry to hear about the woodpecker adventures. In the last few years when my parents owned their house near me, they were also dealing with an issue with a woodpecker. Sigh. At least that's now the new owner's problem.

Got some work done on the wool afgan. This last skein will definitely do it. I'll use the remaining skeins in a lapgan and ask my friend (whose MIL is getting the afgan) if she knows anyone who would like (and is craft-worthy) a lapgan. I did most of the work on the afgan yesterday since it was a damp, chilly day and I was too tired to focus on my writing. I spent all day Saturday LARPing with my friends so I didn't get any crocheting done then.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dircpa - good deal that the rascal left. I hate hearing noise in the walls. That’s never ever good news.

We had a wild storm about 5:30 this morning. I can usually sleep through anything but this woke me up. There wasn’t much cloud to ground lightning soblittle thunder but the clouds were a nonstop light show. We lost power but only for a few hours that I slept through. The front has passed through so now it’s just off and on light rain for a couple of hours. We’re all in for a lot of exciting weather for a long time to come.

I’m a little more than half done with the first pattern page. It’s not a full size page because it’s the bottom row with the leftover from the page division. If I do half a shelf a year I could finish it in 8 years. I doubt I can do that much though. The maximum color chart version that I got is very slow going. I some some patches coming up today that will move along faster.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sewing white on white is tricky. I have a similar problem sewing on black fabric with black thread. It is is harder for me than white on white. In one of my current project I am using blue thread on a pattern fabric in shades of blue. The blue thread just blends in. I think standard embroidery is a little better than regular sewing because I always use thread that stands out from the fabric.

I also have gained back some of the weight I lost. I don't have a scale, so I am not sure what the exact numbers are. I can tell by the clothing fit though. I will try to play around with my at work exercises. I have a standing desk, so I can do lots of stuff without it being too obvious.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Off to quilt bee today, probably will suck up all the daylight hours. Have to stop at the grocery store on my way home. Hope to get some quilt show photos up tonight. I haven't even had time to look over them.

Going to take some zip pouches that need hand sewing, and one of my scrappy donation projects. I can also work on star blocks while I m there. I just don't have anything else easy to transport that's already cut.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got a few more little things done for the camper. The case for the stove stand is still too small, so that's a do-over. This time I have the stand in the house, so will be able to check the fit before sewing. That won't take long. Still can't get over how well that stand works for the oven, better than with a stove although I will use it for that, too. It folds to only about 2"x2"x maybe 24" long.

Air fried some more chicken. Still love the air fryer.

I think we're finally buttoned up outside for winter now. Good thing because the wind is coming up. It's going to blow in something. It looks like rain but hasn't started yet.

Down 4.2 lbs for my first week back on plan, so the easy part's over. From now on, a 2 lb loss will be a good week, but that's okay. Gotta start TMing again tomorrow. Will have to find a good book to read while I walk.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Trying to figure out if I can get someone to pay me for polishing silver. Honestly I would have to call it one of my hobbies. Just love how things look so nice when I am done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Trying to figure out how to make space in the truck for one of the folding chairs from our patio set. Bag chairs are very uncomfortable for me, but we need something along besides the recliners. The patio chair folds as small as a chair like that can and is light but sturdy. If it ever quits raining we can drag the recliners to the truck again and see if there's any chance of squeezing the new chair in. Kinda doubtful, but hey, I managed to squeeze yet another pan into the tiny convection oven, a feat that seemed impossible.

I dragged out my favorite travel book because we're thinking about next year. It looks like we could spend weeks in Utah alone. So many destination choices it's hard to decide. I have a feeling we may have to skip a lot of stops to have enough time just for the highlights.