2019 Stash Management - Page 145
Page 145 of 194 FirstFirst ... 4595135142143144145146147148155 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2906
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The shelf pattern is finally starting to look interesting which is motivating. Until yesterday it was just a big patch of white snow and widely scattered dots of color but the dots are beginning to come together. With diligence I can finish the first page tomorrow. Or even tonight?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Didn't get much work done on the wool afgan last night. I wasn't in the mood to work on it. And somehow, I did something to one of my fingers, which is now sore. I have no idea what I did to it. I'm having trouble bending one of the knuckles. Sigh.

I won't get anything done on it tonight, either. Going to my second sign language class. Although at this point, I kinda want to stay home and do nothing and go to bed early.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I could never do white as the first color on a stitching project. I'm meticulous about washing my hands and wear an apron to work on stuff, and still white threads get dirty looking. It's frustrating.

I decided the PNW sounds more interesting than Utah for now. Husby is in agreement. Without researching much detail, I came up with a preliminary trip plan that includes 11 states, 9 national parks and a national monument, almost 5,000 miles, and 94 hrs of drive time not including any side trips. I wonder how much of this will get cut once I get into the nitty gritty of planning. None of it, I hope. It's kind of a bare bones itinerary as it is. I could dump Glacier and Rocky Mountain NPs and not be sad, if we have to. But I stumbled on Great Basin NP in Nevada which I had never heard of. It looks interesting, so I hope we can fit it in. Mainly this trip would be so I can finally see and smell an ocean.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't have a lot of stitchery experience, but IIRC one of the keys to keeping threads nice looking is to use shorter lengths. That's part of what frustrates me, because I like to pull a good 18" -20" at a time, and it gets twisted and frayed looking before the end. With white I imagine you'd have to use 12" or shorter to keep it looking pristine.

Didn't get much done today, I was out at the hospital for routine tests and driving around avoiding closed highways that would have got me home quicker. Raided the craft stores for last minute halloween stuff. 70-75% off now. Doing a simple cat costume. Been digging around for the parts. Hairband and tail where I thought they should be. Had to hunt for the collar and... oh! ... found ~$200 in cash in a drawer. Must have been left over from a trip. Still looking for my black fingerless gloves.

Went by JA and looked at the remnants. It looks to have been cleaned out recently. I picked up two pieces of cotton, both are white, one has cute little deer and other woodland animals on it, the other has confetti dots in black, grey and brown. Both will be good mixers.

Hoping to get something done tomorrow. I have to set up my machine again after taking it to quilt bee. There were not many people there, tired after the show I guess. No one is rushing to get projects done now. Maybe next month before christmas. I only stayed a few hours. People were leaving and I thought if I took a lunch break I'd come back to an empty building. I didn't have anything ready to sew, so I did several star blocks for the guild. Found out they made 32 presentation quilts last year!

I need to see where I stand on the patches&pinwheels and plan what to do next. Also, I have about 6 weeks to finish 4-6 zipper pouches. Need to dig through stash and find some peach fabric for the cross & crown block. I did not see any at JA, but did not look very hard ether. I've got to have something that will do. It's supposed to be sunny again tomorrow so it should be a good day to work if I don't fall asleep after yoga. Then the weather is supposed to get colder and wetter the rest of the week.

I have not looked at the show photos yet. Will try to do that tomorrow when I take my tea break.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do prefer longer threads. Bead thread frays badly if it's too long.

Didn't get much done yesterday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Didn't get anything done on the wool afgan last night but I was able to get some done on my car WIP. Last night was my second sign language class. I just have to find a way to keep practicing. Yes, there are apps and books I could use but I also want someone to work with for the interaction.

I was having issues yesterday with one of my fingers but it seems to be going away. Today, it's not as sore as it was yesterday. And now the other knuckle is sore when I bend my finger. Weird.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I really bogged down on the shelf yesterday. I kept getting lost in the pattern. There were also two or three stitches out of place and between having them so randomly scattered and so nearly identical in color it was really hard to figure out which were the wrong ones. I’ll carry on this way to finish this page, but when I start the next I’m going to try the parking method. You work a small block at a time and when you finish with a color in it, you put the thread at the beginning of the next stitch in the next block and mark that square in a different color on the chart. When you get to it you just pick up the thread and carry on.

I’m beginning to want to start the Quaker pattern with the Christmas carols. Something EASY. After yesterday’s experience, I’m guessing two more days to finish the shelf page, though I might be able to finish it today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The sun has come out, I was beginning to wonder if we'd see any today. It's also up to 65 already, sure sign rain is on the way.

Wrenched my left shoulder somehow yesterday. It started bothering me in the evening and didn't get better overnight. May not get much done today because I can barely move. Missed yoga because I can't hold the steering wheel to drive.

Here are pictures of stuff I bought at the show Friday. The scrap bin did not have as much awesome stuff as last year, but I found some usable pieces. The blue half yards will get used with the blue cat printed panel for a donation quilt.

Name:  DSCN1250.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  25.3 KB
    Name:  DSCN1251.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  36.9 KB

The puzzles looked like fun. I almost missed out on them. I did not think they would be very popular and was going to come back and get them just before I left. And then i saw someone walking by with a bunch of them and figured I better go get them if I wanted them. The snowy scene looks like it will be a real challenge.

2019 Stash Management-dscn1254.jpg
    2019 Stash Management-dscn1252.jpg
    2019 Stash Management-dscn1253.jpg

These are the two remnants I got at JA yesterday.

Name:  DSCN1249.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  37.5 KB
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Here are some show photos:

2019 Stash Management-img_20191018_130624719.jpg

2019 Stash Management-img_20191018_130318313.jpg

2019 Stash Management-img_20191018_130247410.jpg

This next one was one of the guild's Mystery Quilts. Everyone who participates gets instructions each month on what to cut and sew. No one knows what the finished pattern is. So at first you might just make 4-patches. Then the next month Flying geese, etc. Finally you are given assembly instructions. There were quite a few finished quilts in the show.

2019 Stash Management-img_20191018_130227850.jpg

2019 Stash Management-img_20191018_130202520.jpg

More later.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH - hope you recover soon.

Thanks for the photos. That Halloween quilt is wild. I can’t decide if I like it or not. I love the owls.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope fingers and shoulders heal up soon. Sometimes I think it's just the weather.

Love all the pics. Gorgeous work. The Halloween quilt reminds me of the creepy mansion in the game I've been playing. Love the black and purple. The mystery quilt sounds fun. Good finds on the fabrics.

D, I hate when I mess up and can't figure it out. Good luck on it.

I've been working on the doggy bags. I hope to get those done yet today. That would be 3 less things on the work table. Besides, we need those bags in the vehicles. Coulda used them Monday when we made an unplanned grocery stop.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

A few more pics.

2019 Stash Management-img_20191018_130159123.jpg

2019 Stash Management-img_20191018_130127273.jpg

2019 Stash Management-img_20191018_130118380.jpg

2019 Stash Management-img_20191018_130014153.jpg

I love how all the Mystery Quilts came out in different ways.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Stash Management-img_20191018_130014153.jpg  

2019 Stash Management-img_20191018_130127273.jpg  

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, SD. It was weird. My finger felt a bit sore on Monday. Then I couldn't bend it yesterday (Tuesday) without pain. Now, the pain's almost gone. Definitely weird. I'm just glad it no longer hurts.

I guess having an evening 'off' from crocheting might have helped. Although I will probably go to sleep early tonight. I've been tired recently. I don't know if it's because of the weather changes (warm to cold) or just work 'gunk' and the cold season coming around.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quilt pics are beautiful. Love the snowy cabin puzzle picture, dreamy. I remember I promised myself crafting time in Nov-Dec, looking forward to that. I still have not sewn the 2 different fabric trims on the white flat sheet (to mix with other/printed bottoms & pillowcases.) Finished new Barbara Kingsolver book "Unsheltered" and started new John Grisham last night.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD they have "glow in the dark" snowy wolf scenes....https://www.amazon.com/B01M4S8JCK/dp...ef_=ast_sto_dp I have never heard of glow in the dark puzzles......