2019 Stash Management - Page 146
Page 146 of 194 FirstFirst ... 4696136143144145146147148149156 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2906
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A glow in the dark puzzle sounds interesting.

Ren, I get transient pain like that sometimes, too. In my case I think it's just age.

Got sidetracked from the doggie bags, but did get them done except for pockets and sewing the bottoms. Finishing up tomorrow should go fast.

Our credit monitoring service earned their premiums today. Some jerk tried to open a CC at Saks 5th Avenue using my SSN, and they were all over that. They got the CC fraud dept involved and they shut it down immediately. It doesn't look like the card was ever issued so no charges were made, so that's something. They contacted the credit reporting services to tell them to remove the fraudulent application so our credit will be repaired. All I had to do was prove I'm me and they took care of the rest. Easy. We would have never known about this without the credit watch service. You never know if insurance is any good till you need it, but now we're a little more optimistic we're not just throwing our money away.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ren, glad your finger feels better. I get arthritis pain like that all the time. Sometimes it is just strain.

SD, glad that fraudulent activity got shut down quick. It happens to us once in a while. I have almost memorised our CC#, we have had it so long it's about time for a new one.

I spent some time researching our Florida trip. We will be right near Universal Studios theme park. Hotel is not as nice as last time (corporate made the reservation, not me) and in fact the reviews have a higher than average number of low ratings. It's in a very commercial area with a lot of discount shops and fast food places. No Michelin star restaurants this trip, lol! We will adapt. The hotel restaurant has poor ratings and high prices so I may take instant breakfast stuff we can make in our room (micro + coffee pot). DH will get all kinds of free food at his conference anyway, so I mostly have to plan for myself during the day.

Considering these two peach fabrics for my cross in star block. These were near the top of the pile and easy to dig out today.

2019 Stash Management-img_20191023_155823612.jpg

I wasn't able to adjust the color correctly. The bottom one is the darker of the two, and it has a brownish color to it, not greenish. The top one is that peach you've seen before, it is more washed out than it looks in the photo, but does have little green leaves on it.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I love the top quilt in the second photo post. You can make that one for me - lol.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

lovely photos of quilts! like the halloween one. hope you are feeling better! yes pain when you get older.. had weird hip pain yesterday. pain from crocheting etc but seems to depend on weather etc too. who knows why we have advil and other things! haven't crafted much but got stuff packed to ship up north this week. bought cat to vets for stitches..thought fabricland and get bread since right there but the power went out in complex so took him home and bought him back this morning. got half price crochet hooks and couple pair knitting needles to send with them.

did my first scrunchie now that I found the elastics I bought for them. did get a thank you for the hats, neckers etc I sent as a thank you so that was nice.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great quilt photos!

Yeah, the finger pain's almost gone today. Weird. Hope everyone else is feeling better as well.

Got some work done on the wool afgan. I'm about halfway through the final skein. Hopefully, I'll have it done before Halloween. This way, I can get this to my friend (and her MIL) before it really gets cold.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Shoulder is still tender today but I can do most normal movements without sharp pain. Will try some sewing later. It's cool and grey today, light is not great, but will have to do.

I'll post some more show pics too.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I’m trying to remember why I thought this cross stitch would be fun. I worked on it for hours yesterday and have precious little to show for it. I have a couple of small areas coming up where some color is concentrated. The stitches are still rather scattered but there are at least a reasonable number of them in the same color so that should speed it up a little. The last tentative goal I set was half a shelf a year, so eight years. Now there are officially no goals at all. I’ll do a page when I feel like it and if it goes nowhere for a while, even a long while, that’s ok. I have too many other patterns I want to do to stress over this one.

Last night I cleaned numbers off bobbins that I have emptied, but won’t have enough to finish kitting up this pattern and the Quaker Christmas. I guess I’ll have to order some more. The last time I ordered the bulk ones from Amazon though they were terrible. The plastic molding wasn’t clean and the slits were too wide to hold the thread. I’m using them but they’re a nuisance. Not sure what I’ll do to keep the cost down. But that’s on today’s agenda.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The snowy puzzle does look challenging. At least it has some yellows and greens and a little bit of brown. There was a puzzle on sale I considered getting yesterday. It was a pretty picture - but it was snow covered houses in snow covered mountains. Almost the entire puzzle was white or off white.

I went to the dentist yesterday. It was not as bad as I thought it would be. Well my teeth need a lot of work, so that part is bad. When I went to the dentist as a child, it hurt quite a bit despite them giving me stuff that was supposed to numb the pain. So I was pretty scared coming in. But it was so much better this time. I feel much less stress over future appointments.

I get mystery aches and pains too. I also get muscle stiffness. Maybe stress. Maybe hormones. Maybe my chakras are blocked. As a child I was diagnosed with "there is nothing physically wrong with you, it is all in your head." There is a strong possibility it is some kind of issue not currently recognized by medical science. I have seen things in the alternative medicine area that seem like possibilities, such as sensory overload and other sensory processing issues.

I have tried lots of different things. Some of them help. But nothing has helped 100% of the time. And often I find things simply reduce pain and stiffness, not get rid of them altogether. This makes it difficult for me to stay motivated to keep doing things that [sometimes] help. So far the best results for me have been yoga and hula dance. Hula dance is good for hips and lower back. The hula dance was from a video.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DC, it's ok to put projects down for a little while if they no longer inspire you. Most creative people I know have trouble staying focused on one project for a long time. Give it a rest and come back to it when you feel better. Work on something today that makes you happy.

DH finally left for work. He had to be up very early to do something on the computer from home. I have a few hours to sew before dinner. Hoping to get to the point where I can begin connecting blocks.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, I got another handful of square blocks assembled today, with the 3 waiting to be sewn I am up to 45, which ought to be about what I need. Plenty of cut strips left if not. Going to be leftover strips, but they will get used for something. Time to move on to pinwheels.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

What will make me happy today is getting nearer the end of this page - lol. I really must see it through to the end or I will never figure out again where I am. I was doing pretty well until I closed my eyes and woke up about two hours later. I will definitely have to manage later pages differently. Iíve never done anything nearly this complex so itís a learn as I go experience. Itís also frustrating not to be able to use my wonderful new stand but Iím starting and stopping thread too often. I had missed a few symbols when I was pulling thread for this page. I started with 147 and have added 4 or 5 more. The shading is definitely on the subtle side! However the cross stitch groups I follow are full of people doing max color projects, and if they can do it, so can I. Itís all just one stitch at a time. Itís pretty daunting though that there are 337,500 of them. I have the same picture in a 1000 piece puzzle. I should have been content with that. On the other hand, from the box I have a much bigger picture which is helpful.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

All this cross stitch talk makes me want to cross stitch. Nothing big though.

I finished the doggy bags so those can go into the truck. I like them! I could have lived without the doggy fabric and saved my 50 cents, but I'm glad I bought it, just because it's fun. It's nice that it was just the right amount of fabric, too, with just a few small pieces left.

I got the first round of sewing done on 52 DfG shields, so my winter project is underway now.

I get my serger back Saturday. I hope I don't have any more problems. I'm going to pick up some stuff at Menards for a couple small projects while we're out of town. Saturday looks like the only decent day this week to go anywhere, so that's lucky. It seems like winter comes earlier every year now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Over here, they are taking the tropical plants at the Smithsonian garden in for the season. One of the signs of fall over here. Leaves are starting to change color here and there. It is getting to be jacket/sweater weather. I don't see a spiderwebs at my bus stop this year though. In the past two years, a spider has made webs on the bus shelter where I get on the bus in the morning. It does not really feel like fall around here till around mid-October to me. But I am thinking of fall weather where I grew up.

It is interesting to me how people in different areas perceive the seasons. I may have mentioned this before, but I have been looking into the Dallas/Fort Worth area as a possible retirement area, since my husband is leaning toward someplace warm. In one of the city data forums, someone said that Dallas does have four seasons and does have a winter. It was a statement many people disagreed with. But from a certain perspective it does. It is not uniformly hot the whole year. Winter is significantly cooler than summer. However, the weather in winter is close to what I think of as fall weather. It is weather for sweater or jackets (not coats). It is weather where there is just a little bit of chill in the air - but pleasant enough to stay outside several hours. Spring transitions between this weather and being extremely hot. And fall transitions back again. Chunks of spring and fall seem similar to the weather in a climate with a mild summer.

Some people say that summer in Dallas is extremely hot and that summer lasts 8 to 9 months. But that is a bit misleading. It is only really hot for around 3-4 months. The rest of summer weather months are moderate/mild summer weather.

I have gone into obsessing over retirement cities mode again.

This spring we are going to the big Board Game Geek convention held at a hotel in the the Dallas/Fort Worth airport. From the airport, you can take commuter rail to both Dallas and Fort Worth. We are adding on two days to the trip. One to visit Dallas and one to visit Fort Worth. There is a commuter rail from the airport to both cities. This should let us feel the general vibe of both of the cities.

There is a commuter rail that goes between the two cities. It would be an easy day trip between cities. We could enjoy the attractions and festivals of both cities. There are also plans to build a high speed rail that would be 90 minute rail trip between Dallas and Houston. That could potentially make Houston a day trip as well.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I thought the cross-stitchers would get a kick out of this story:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/it-tak...zpN_nuUBzgmu8Q

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wow - thatís quite a project!

I had to frog a little section, really quite small. But thatís another lesson learned for this pattern. The frogging was hard with so much thread cross crossing on the back. It was a place my count was off and in frustration I improvised a few stitches. When finished it looked weird. I looked at my bigger puzzle picture. Oops. It wasnít just a background area but a couple of tiny leaves. Thatís why there were some lighter stitches there. My improvisation had made a right mess of it. Lesson learned: look at the big image before deciding another stitch of the same color wonít matter.

We have a lovely rainy day today. Too bad I ordered groceries before looking at the weather. I have to pick them up this afternoon. It shouldnít be bad though because it isnít stormy, just s nice slow steady rain. Itís been awhile since Iíve seen that.

Kathy, I grew up in Fort Worth and it was hot. That was also before global warming kicked in. The summer can be brutal. Donít think about moving there until you spend a few days there in late July or August. It starts heating up in May and it can be October before there is much of a break. The climate there is very similar to what we have here. We are only about three hours east of Dallas. In winter it can be very cold when a norther blows through, but it will usually only last a couple of days before warming up again. That part is nice but Iím not sure itís worth paying for with the summer.