2019 Stash Management - Page 148
Page 148 of 194 FirstFirst ... 4898138145146147148149150151158 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2906
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope you feel better soon CH. Pain really wears a person down. I have a tentative plan for the serger. I'm really happy to have it. It even has a free arm! I had no idea that was even available.

Our extreme cold usually doesn't last for long stretches either, and as you said, D, after retirement you can usually choose not to go out. We'd much rather go out in 30 degrees than step out into an instant sweat bath, but to each his or her own. We prefer to be able to enjoy summer. Climate change is already impacting our summers and winters here. Hard to know how much here or the rest of the country is going to change over the next 10 or 20 yrs. It sure is a lot different than ten yrs ago. Our summers are already much hotter than they used to be, which sucks.

I'm starting to get an idea how I can change my sewing room to wedge in the new serger. It's hard to explain but first I have to build a different set of shelves next to my industrial sewing machine, so my industrial serger can sit under the shelves. Then the new serger can go where the old one was and the old one can go where the industrial was. There are other details, too, but it's too hard to explain. Upshot is I have to build new shelves to start with, move a bunch of stuff, and find one of those old, small, folding sewing machine cabinets that are less than 2x2. I'm looking forward to moving the industrial serger because I think I will use it a lot more next to the industrial sewing machine. It should also be less of a clutter magnet. I'm hoping it will all be good changes.

Got the bag remade for the little stove stand, so that can be put away again. This is the stand. It's a vintage Coleman stand I think is pretty cool. It sets up in seconds, weighs next to nothing but is very sturdy, and adjusts to many different heights and sizes. Genius!
    2019 Stash Management-20191027_113932_1572194951621.jpg
    The stand folds up quite small, so doesn't need much storage in our space-starved camper.
    2019 Stash Management-20191027_114005_1572195048820.jpg
    It's one of those oddball things I bought for one purpose that didn't work out, but now have a perfect use for it after all.

Husby is already yapping about a trip to Grand Rapids. I guess I better be making my list for lumber I will need. Luckily it's still in the 40s outside, plenty warm to work in the garage. I need to go through the lumber rack and see what we might have to build something.

Gonna be an interesting winter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think I found a table for my little serger.
    https://pin.it/wofvhpozhda24k
    It looks easy to build, minus the side shelves and probably plus a small drawer, and I think I have the lumber to do it. If I build it, I can tailor it to the space I have.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

that is a good buy. I had a serger gave to friend to use. just couldn't figure out tension on it. frustrating. ch hope you are feeling better ..does heat help? new job on the list.. ds was more fleas on buster. it is like the flea meds did nothing for the cats. now you can get revolution plus now. but don't what to put more meds on him since he had the 2 week antibiotic shot. so flea combing needed. but need a extra person to hold him while I do it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

M, it takes a while to get rid of fleas. We had them 2 years ago. Put stuff on all 3 cats, it kills the fleas but then you have to wait for eggs to hatch and kill those, and meanwhile they can pick up new fleas or eggs.... took weeks to get rid of them all. We put throws on all the furniture and DH was washing them every other day to get rid of eggs. Ugh.

That is a cute table, SD, one you can make easily with your tools.

Been taking a lot of pills to manage the pain. Not a lot, really, but more than I'm supposed to. In 48 hours I will be home from the hospital full of new drugs. I hope my doctor can convince my insurance to shorten the time between doses. 8 weeks is too long.

Did not get a lot done today. DH found the box of fall decorations, so I may put them up at some point between now and thanksgiving. I did get all my travel plans printed, though.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think that table would be easy to build, but I poked around in my office and found one that might work as is or with minimal changes. Don't know yet, but I'm obsessed. It might not work, but I'm going to find out in the next few days. If I can avoid adding a new piece of furniture, I sure will.

Have to make another scrap catcher, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yes ch worse this time for fleas...don't know if it is the young one or not..normally only have to put meds on them spring and fall maybe 3 times a year but this time nope. now don't know if it is the manufacturer since they have the new plus formula. but will use the rest of the other stuff first since $110 ! now the other one peed on the inflatable ghost someone left on the floor. sigh.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yay! Finished the wool afgan for my friend's MIL. Now I just need to get it to them. I do have two skeins left over from this project and I think I'll use them as a lapgan.

Started work on the vamp afgan for myself. This is with the wool/nylon yarn I picked up at this year's sheep and fiber festival. The weather's still pretty comfortable so I'm working on getting some length on this afgan before it turns.

The green/gray wool-blend afgan is further along than I thought it was originally. I think I'll only need ~3 more skeins on that one. I'm pretty sure I have enough to finish that one. I probably have enough to do a lapgan as well. If I finish this one quickly enough, I have two other WIP to finish. Those are both acrylic and will likely go a lot quicker than the two afgans I'm making for myself.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have a lot of chores today, but should still get plenty of stitching time. I’ll be working on Quaker Christmas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We got the bookcase out of the sewing room and the industrial serger moved to that spot. That was an ordeal but could have been worse. We also had to move 4 other pieces of furniture, though not very much. There will be plenty of room now for the new cabinet. We still have to get that in the house, which will be a whole new ordeal.

Because I've been continually tweaking the storage in the sewing room, I have a lot of small storage spaces available now, which helped to make room for stuff from the shelves. That's made a big difference.

The space for the industrial serger is a little cramped. I don't know if I'll be able to adjust to that or not. I'm not going to take the old bookshelf apart yet, in case I decide to switch back. I don't have a better option for an arrangement with the new serger, so I better learn to deal.

My sewing room is basically unusable at this point because of stuff stacked around in there. I hope I can get stuff put back together soon.

We tinkered with the end table I hoped to convert, but it won't work. ☹️ I think it will be a custom job. I have another table that will work for now. Maybe I will decide to like that table.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It was cold and grey today, I didn't get any sewing done. The closest I got to crafting was making a lamp hanger out of twist ties. We have a small LED plant lamp we use in winter, and have been fighting gravity to keep it stuck to the bottom of the top shelf so it lights the plants below it. Even my super sticky indoor-outdoor tape didn't hold it. Drilled some holes in the shelf big enough to get a twist tie through, and secured it that way. Also had to reset the lamp timer. Power was out on Saturday, so all of them are wrong by ~4 hours. Still have one in my sewing room to fix. Or maybe I'll let people keep thinking that yes, we are awake at 2am during the week we're on vacation.

Looks like everyone has been keeping busy with something or other.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I finished knitting 2 baby hats over the last 2 days. That took care of a partial skein of yarn - gone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good job on the 'ghans, Ren. Sounds like you're zooming through them.

I'm pleased for now. We put the rejected end table back in the cabin and got out the typewriter table instead. That's it right there, with the serger on it, green chair, and the pail and plastic box under it.
    2019 Stash Management-20191028_180642_1572306353864.jpg
    It's a great size although it doesn't face the way I'd like it to. I can live with that. It has a shallow drawer for little stuff like needles, rippers, etc. I have 2 of those plastic boxes. They fit the accessory box for the serger just right, with a little room for some other things. The second one would work nicely for cone thread storage. I could knock together an easy little shelf to fit under the table and hold the 2 boxes, with space below them for a small trash can. I'm really liking this idea so far. We've had the typing table since 1982. It has been used for many things but nothing has lasted. We don't want to get rid of it, so I hope we've finally found its purpose.

This is the wall space where I need custom shelving.
    2019 Stash Management-20191028_180706_1572307936649.jpg
    Now that the serger is in place and I can see the wall space and what has to go on the shelves, the design seems fairly obvious to me. I hope to get that done this week. The basket of thread and box of webbing both go on the shelves, plus other things. I think everything will fit.

I found some scrap fabric for my new scrap catcher. It has loons and ducks and water. How Minnesota! Can't wait to get it done. It will look nice.

It's been a good week so far. 🙂

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, SD. Yeah, the afgans go by fast since that's pretty much the only thing I do. I like the mindlessness of it, especially when watching TV.

Did some work on the vamp afgan. I really like how the colors are coming out on it. I do like the green/grey afgan as well but since the 'background' is grey, the green and brown don't pop as much as the red and black does on the white yarn of the vamp afgan.

I think I will have extra skeins of the green/grey yarn. I won't have enough of it left to do a lapgan so I might end up doing scarves. Not sure if I'll send some off to my niece who started college or give them away to other craft-worthy friends. If I make a scarf for my niece, I'll likely have to make one for my sister and other niece. That shouldn't be too much of a problem, if I end up with three skeins left. I have enough scarves so I don't need more for myself.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sun's shining, no wind, no bugs, almost 40 degrees, seems like a good day to slice and dice. Husby's disassembling the old bookshelf ATM. I drew up some plans for the serger shelf already, along with a plan for thread shelves on the industrial sewing machine. Thread takes up a lot of space. I also need to make a plan for the little stand to go under the typing table for the new serger. I hope to get all 3 done today, since they're all simple.

I moved some oversized drapery rings to a different container, so I emptied one of the two pails I won't have room for. The other one just has some random scraps I have space for elsewhere. It will help to get those pails out of there.

I think it will all work out. I sure didn't expect my week to go like this! My plan last Saturday morning was to get my serger back and spend this week on DfG stuff. Oops!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I’m impressed with those of you actually getting things finished. What a novel idea! Lately I seem to have become, as they say, a serial starter non-finisher. That’s bad enough but when it’s the same project you serial start ....

Yesterday I worked a couple of hours on the Quaker Christmas against increasing resistance. I was obviously just not in the mood to do that one. It’s also another big one. There’s no point in doing this if I’m not enjoying it, so that one will wait for another day. I did want to do something for Christmas though so I pulled out one that’s been hovering high enough on my list that I had taken the pattern out and it’s been just drifting around in the table clutter. It’s a traditional style redwork pattern, but red isn’t really my thing, so I’m doing it in DMC 820, an intense dark blue. I’ve been wanting to try something on the glittery opalescent aida and this was my chance. This one definitely fit the bill. It’s small, 6.75” square on 18 count, on an interesting fabric, and uses up some floss that is rarely called for in patterns I make. To work on it though I had to switch my lamp to the warm yellow light and dim it. Either that or go get my sunglasses out of the car lol.

https://www.123stitch.com/item/Imagi...attern/12-3022