2019 Stash Management - Page 149
Page 149 of 194 FirstFirst ... 4999139146147148149150151152159 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 2906
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I seem to be in my Scandinavian period. A couple of weeks ago I saw a mention in a cross stitch group that a company I had never heard of had a sale and free shipping. The owners were away and nothing could be shipped until Oct 28. There was a cool pattern of a Yule goat. Huh? Turns out it’s a traditional Christmas symbol. I learn something new every day. It was irresistible. I see it’s sold out now so apparently I’m not the only one who thought so.

https://stitchedmodern.com/products/...60ec97fc&_ss=r

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Almost 40 seems like a little cool to do outdoor things to me. But I think ideas of what are good temperatures for outside things vary from person to person. It depends a lot on where the person is living, but I think individual differences are a factor as well.

I was looking at the website for the Dallas zoo. They have half price admission during winter to try to draw more people in. But Dallas in winter has average highs in the high 50s. I have been out several days this month in temperature in the mid to high 50s and found it pretty pleasant. I would not mind spending a day at the zoo in this type of temperature. I told my husband about this and he said that he does not think high 50s would be good temperature to go to the zoo.

I honestly did not expect that reaction from him. But I have visited the DC zoo by myself. I would be okay visiting the Dallas zoo by myself. But that reinforces my suspicions that I would be as open to Columbus, Ohio and Indianapolis, Indiana as I had previously thought.

I mentally place temperatures in three categories though the lines are a bit fuzzy. Of course other factors like humidity, wind and sunny v. cloudy make a difference. The first category is good days to be outside for extend periods of time. The second category is okay for short walks and waiting for buses. The outside time required to get to an indoor place is fine. The third category is don't go outside if you do not have too. Maybe go someplace if it is literally a block away. (I currently have a museum that is a block away from where I work.)

So even if a temperature is not nice enough to be out all day, it can still be nice enough to go places.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

One done! My new work space. I think it will do nicely.
    2019 Stash Management-20191029_121917_1572369622373.jpg

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Project 2 done.
    2019 Stash Management-20191029_135615_1572377034053.jpg
    The plan was to put the 2 containers at the top with a little trash can on the floor underneath. But the space isn't very high, and it's wider than it needs to be, too, so would waste space. But as luck would have it, the pail with the screws we were using is a perfect fit, and even has a handle and lid. And it was almost empty, so of course we had a full one with plenty of room for the few left in the old pail. So I'm claiming it. It will be nice storage for something. I decided I don't need a trash can anyway since I will have a big scrap catcher.

I'm tired and know my limits, so will assemble the thread shelves tomorrow. Once those are done, I'll just need to get the fabric put away, which needed doing for months, and the sewing room will be in pretty good shape. Then I can get back to work, and give both sergers a workout before warranties expire.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That looks like a good space, SD.

IMO 40-50 is not a bad temp to be outside IF it is sunny and not windy. It's *always* windy in Texas. Sometimes just a breeze, sometimes a gale, but it never stops. It was in the 30's here today, and slightly breezy. If it had been sunny it would have been a nice day to do some yard work. The activity would keep you warm. If it were in the 50's I could do yard work in a t-shirt. I'd want a flannel shirt or light jacket to be out walking in the zoo.

I had a day. Wanted to go by HL before chemo but I slept badly, kept waking myself up from the joint pain. Got up a little late. Had enough time to stop and get a large mocha coffee to keep myself warm. Got to the clinic and when the nurse called me I stood up and dropped my coffee all over the floor. Sigh.

The nurse couldn't find the vein on the left side. She poked twice and it wouldn't catch. So she did the right side, where I already have a huge bruise from last week. Settled in with my Kindle, only to find the battery exhausted. Was annoyed, because it has been plugged in and should have been at full charge.

Afterward, I grabbed another coffee and went to HL. Left it in the car because it was too hot to drink. Got myself two new paint brushes @50% off. My old ones are getting pretty ratty. Got back in the car and dumped my coffee all over the center console and gear shift. Sigh.

Was starting to feel woozy at that point and wanted to get home. Somehow got on going the wrong direction down the highway. I'm pretty sure the sign said "west", which was the direction I wanted. Not sure where I went wrong, but it was an extra half hour of driving around I didn't really want to do.

We had a few snowflakes last night and now all the pickup trucks have plows attached to them and are driving around a little snow-crazy. Had one almost hit me today, not looking where he was going. Have more weather moving in tonight. Rain and an undetermined amount of sleet, snow, and/or ice. And it's still only October!

DC, I like your redwork patterns, though I have no patience for that myself.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH, I hope for you a much better day tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It was always windy in South Dakota, too, and it was the kind of wind that cut right through clothes like they weren't even there. Miserable. I dreaded winters out there because they don't plow for less than 12" and Husby drove about 1,000 miles per week in desolate country every week. I could never relax till he was home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just found out the library won't do holds (beginning yesterday) while they are converting to a new catalog system. Hopefully I can find an audiobook to download instead. Finished the Grisham book Saturday night. Have not decided on craft projects for Nov-Dec yet. I washed a crib-size applique'd quilt (mostly pink) from parents' house, probably something a grandmother made. It turned out pretty well, I am keeping for the time being. I polished a few nice oval silver-plate tray or serving dishes but cannot find a maker mark. Just a lot of random stuff getting done......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH - how absolutely awful. I think you’ve earned a couple of cozy days inside, quilt on lap, favorite tea or coffee beside you, doing whatever you like best.

I’ve never done a single color project before but after the shelf page with 150 colors it’s like zooming down the interstate after a couple of weeks jolting along in a covered wagon. I’m not getting much done on it though. After all the experimenting and false starts I have patterns, and worse, parts of patterns, all over the place. Ditto thread. And fabric and other supplies. I also never finished getting all the thread ready for the shelf pattern, and I have lots of new floss that I need to sort and put some of it on bobbins. That’s all going to be an ongoing job through the week. Tonight I’m going to at least get all the shelf thread done before I start stitching again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've seen those yule goats, but then I've spent most of my life surrounded by Scandinavians. I would think a single color like that would go much quicker than multiple colors.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Looks like it will be colder today, in the 30s. Glad I cut lumber yesterday, although I may have to redo a couple things. Seems like a good day for soup in the Crockpot.

I finally figured out how to put a rim around the thread shelves I have planned, to keep the cones from falling off. I really want to get that project done without spending more money. It's hilarious the weird stuff that keeps me awake sometimes.

I need to get some kind of stand made before winter, to hold one of our lighted magnifiers. I want to be able to do cross stitch and beadwork while relaxing in my recliner. I think I might have something figured out now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got some work done on the lapgan WIP I leave in my car yesterday. Had a class for work all afternoon yesterday, followed by my sign language class that evening. I had a bit of time to work while I waited for the sign language class. Found out there was a knitting class across the hall last week. I might take that class another 'semester' (this is for adult continuing education/learning).

Getting home from the ASL class was a PITA. One of the 'main' roads into town from the east will be closing for repair or replacement of some culverts over a stream and canal (as well as expanding those bridges). The plans are for the project to be done in six months but I think most people seriously doubt that. So the DOT did some repainting on the next road over from the one to be closed. This way there will be two lanes at one section where the road (where everyone is being directed to by the detour) crosses over the highway. The thought is to lighten the traffic for the people making a right turn onto the highway to get back onto the road being closed. Anyway, I got caught behind the DOT trucks as I was trying to get home last night. There was no notice that this was going to happen.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Feeling quite a bit better today. It's cold and miserable out, so I'm staying in. No reason to go out. My goal today is to find and prep some hand sewing to take on my trip in case the weather is bad and I have to spend time indoors. I can't take scissors on the plane, I might be able to get a seam ripper in my bag. If they seize it, no big deal. I think I have some cross stitch somewhere, and a mini christmas project or two.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I just watched a tutorial on crochet feather stitch. It would make a great warm puffy lapghan. Now I want to make one! But I will be faithful to my cross stitch.

I didn’t finish the shelf floss last night. I got bored with it and quit. I can finish it up today. I’m just a few stitches from being finished with the little houses across the bottom of the redwork Noel and the border across the bottom. I’ll continue with that tonight.

The shelf fabric is showing delivery tomorrow, a nice surprise. I expected it to be Friday. The Yule goat should also arrive tomorrow. That one just goes in the stash though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH, I don't know what you need to cut, but I've read of people who take empty dental floss containers on planes so they can use that to cut threads, yarn, etc. If you had the right one, maybe the innards could be cut out leaving the little cutter, and needles put inside. Glad you're feeling better.

Got the thread rack cut and assembled and I'm about to commence painting. Things are starting to come together fast now. I knew the rack would interfere with the overhead light, so I'll add an under cabinet light to the rack, which should help a lot. Except for that, I like the rack a lot. It's not as deep as I would like, but that's what I had for lumber so will make it work. Should be okay. I've never had good storage for that thread so the rack is a big upgrade.
    2019 Stash Management-20191030_104920_1572454738790.jpg

Can't wait to start using my new and improved sewing room again.