2019 Stash Management - Page 15
Page 15 of 144 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617182565115 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I know. I don't know how to find out anything.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I worry about CH too. I hope it is just computer malfunction.
    I'll try to complete 2 small sewing projects this week - change zipper/liner in a raincoat. Hate the liner in my raincoat, salvaged one from mom. Have to change the half-zipper on the salvaged lining to the raincoat's one. And one quilt block that I'll just sew, iron and store. I know there is other small stuff to be done. Working extra hours and have 2 audio books and 2 books reserved at library to get through.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH's husband builds computers, so I don't think that's it, but we can hope.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Car problem today so there go my plans. Not going to get much done while this gets sorted out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good luck, DLR. Nothing like a broken car to mess up your plans.

I got the white satin for the baby pockets all cut and 2 of them sewed. I think I have 8 more and some spare parts. They don't take long to sew, but I spend a lot of time picking ribbons and appliques and little details. I take a lot of time organizing little stuff too, like going through my button pail today and pulling out some buttons suitable for the babies. The next round of mass production should go quicker after getting things in better order. This project is starting to get enjoyable.

The winter air is so dry here it's hard to work on this stuff because of static. Everything sticks to me and everything else. If I clip threads, I can't get them off my hands. Annoying, and that takes more time, too.

I ripped up a teal gown and can't wait to get done with the pockets so I can work with the teal fabric, which has some pretty beading on it. I think I can get 3 or 4 little beaded gowns from it, maybe some plain ones, too. It was a sleeveless gown without a huge skirt so not as much fabric as a wedding gown, but I couldn't resist the beading and color when I saw it. I even found matching teal ribbon in the stash, which made me happy. I didn't really want to use white.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

This is my first day back so I expect to be really busy.

Just a quick pick of my work in progress. It might be slow going from now on.

I need more practice with the flowers. They look pretty wonky.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Stash Management-img_20190128_043252012_1548668123674.jpg  

KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like your flowers. Real flowers aren't usually perfect either. I hope you have a good day at work.

Sewing for me again today. I cut 3 beaded fronts from the teal last night, so those gowns are started. I will work on cutting more when I get overly annoyed working with the extra static-y white pockets. I'm curious how many gowns and pockets I will actually get from it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I plan on a quick trip into town today to do a bit of banking, then I hope to come home and finish cutting out the bolero. didn't get that done over the weekend. DH wanted to visit some people ( one who is home recovering from a car accident, the other who is in hospice care with several things. not sure how long she will last) So we visited instead of staying home and getting things done. but that is ok, it will get done. Do have a piano student coming by tonight, but probably not tomorrow or Wednesday. Snow coming in and it is terrible to drive in as it turns icy fast. Also need to get 2 pairs of pants hemmed before Thursday, so being stuck at home can get a lot done.
    Kathy, I love that embroidery. I have a crazy quilt stocking that I am also doing for my youngest DGD and I am still getting the fabric picked for the stocking, but it will be in creams and pale yellows and whites with embroidery stitching along the seam edges and such with her name embroidered on it. I have a little time to get it done. She is only 3 months old right now and hope to have it finished before this next Christmas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nice work, Kathy.

Finished the second wool afgan on Saturday. Yay. Now it's just a matter of getting them to my friends. I'm taking a class that one of them is teaching so I'll deliver them when I go to that.

Started the purple and green afgan for one of Dad's nurse/aides. I did get some work done on it last weekend but just enough to get it started so I could just pick up and go with it. I'm using the 6oz skeins so they go pretty fast. As it stands right now, I finished the first skein and am halfway through the second one. I'm using two skeins of the same color for each 'stripe'. I started with the purple so the next skein will be the first of the green. They're pastel style colors as they were the colors I thought worked well together.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

K - the mushroom is coming along well. I’m glad the shutdown is over. I hope it doesn’t happen again in three weeks.

All I did yesterday was another donation scarf, a corner to corner in navy and dark red. It’s not a favorite pattern but I thought I would give it a try for the scarves. I think it’s a thumbs down. It looks ok but it’s not a stitch I enjoy working. I’ve made some lapghans with it but it’s not something I would want to do again.

I need four baskets for Christmas. I have the one done for the neighbors on the next lot over. I’ll use Browns for the guys, gray/blue/ lavender for Sharon and M, and probably something red/pink for little girl and mom’s house. I still plan to do the placemats and pot holders and I can pack all that in the baskets. They will be household, not individual presents. For a nine year old placemats would be about equivalent to coal in the stocking - lol.

I like the idea of the crazy quilt stocking. I’m tucking that into the maybe someday list.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ok. Embarrassed. I just placed an online JA order for some yarn. I know. I’m trying to use it up. However for these baskets I want specific colors to go with house decor and/or individual color preferences. It takes about 1.5 skeins of variegated of each color, and I just don’t have enough of some of them. There will some leftover that will go in stash but I only bought what I wanted for the baskets, exercising mighty restraint, mind you, because there are some scrumptious new colors since I last looked at yarn. I checked out fast before I could weaken. There is a $3 shipping coupon. I prefer free, but that’s a lot better than regular shipping.

What I have on hand for the guys is a dark brown with a little dark gold and green. I got a mid range variegated brown for a base color, and one called sunrise with some brighter red, orange, and a little blue to brighten it up.

For the pink preference I got a cool tone gray variegated for base color and a red to pink variegated for the punks. I have several options on hand for the third color.

For Sharon and M, I have one skein of a newish color called mulberry mix that is a subtle gray, lavender, pinkish. She will be using a lot of light gray in her new house so I really wanted to use that. I ordered that to have enough. I will use other yarn on hand to go with it. Either a dark or heather gray and the blue-lavender mix called ocean.

Some were jumbo skeins, the best buy and they won’t have much left over. What irked me was that I had to buy regular super saver for the mulberry and sunrise and they have to bought in 3 skein packs. Grumble. That will be too much left over, especially on the mulberry where I already had one skein. However it will be a good color for donation scarfs, especially for the older girls, and since these will be gifts I didn’t want to use just any old thing. I had some pretty bright colors I guess I could have used but I want those for myself! I guess I’ll work mostly on scarves until that comes. Maybe make a second basket for my yarn scraps. I want to use the pop up hamper they are in now as a holding bin for the scarves I make through the year. We will soon be past cold weather distribution time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I feel you, dc. I had to buy more yarn for the purple/green afgan since I knew I didn't have any in my stash. At least none that I thought looked good together at the time. I think I do have some left over skeins from another project but I think I want to keep those for a project for myself. Don't really need another afgan for myself, I have several already. But I do like the colors.

Fortunately, I remembered that Michaels sold their yarn in packs of 3 skeins (per pack) when purchased online. So I just got 1 pack of each color I needed and nothing more. I try not to look online for yarn, partially because of the temptation and partially because I want to feel the yarn before I buy. I also try not to go into Michaels or Joanns that often anymore until I get rid of some of my current stash.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

back from errands and now have the bolero fully cut out. I did need to pick up thread to do the hemming job, and picked up snaps for the baby bib to finish it off. Tomorrow will be an all day stuck at home day without going out so should get lots of this sewing and stuff finished. I have really backed off from stepping in stores and I so want to use up what I already have. I was really wanting to hit Joann's last week to check out the Burda patterns. That was the pattern sale last week, and I totally resisted the temptation. It helps that I just didn't want to go out in the colder weather. Haha! I have never tried ordering yarn on line ( or fabric for that matter)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

knotme, I only order yarn online if I can't get everything I need from a brick/mortar store in my first pass. Especially if I'm going through the skeins quickly. Plus I usually just get a brand I'm already familiar with (such as the Fisherman's Wool for the recent wool afgan or Caron Simply Soft for my current project).

I tried to get some from a vendor I liked from the sheep and fiber festival I go to in the fall but I ended up getting a different blend (it was a wool-blend yarn). Loved the yarn but it didn't seem to match up with what I already had. I think the wool-blend in the yarn changed somehow.

That and I like to see the color and feel the texture before I commit to buying more yarn.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got a few more pockets done and tinkered with the teal gowns some more, which are maybe more aqua than teal. If I don't use any of the beaded pieces for bonnets, I hope to get 5 gowns with beads from the original gown and 1 with some fancy lace salvaged from another one. I got 10 complete pockets of various sizes from the 3 yards of satin from the thrift, which I think I paid $1 for. I made one pocket using fabric from a blue dress, and might make a couple more two color dresses. That stuff is so full of static I hate working with it. I may just toss the leftovers. I have 5 more pockets to sew but they're all cut now and should go fast. Most of what are left are fairly plain so will take less time.