2019 Stash Management - Page 150
Page 150 of 194 FirstFirst ... 50100140147148149150151152153160 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2906
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I found the cat cross stitch project from beyond time. All that's left is the lettering, not enough work to bother with. I looked at the christmas project, it is a wool applique. This is the kit about 6" wide. https://shop.quiltropolis.net/stores..._460/BR155.jpg It came with a few little pieces of felt for stockings, but I read the instructions and the whole fireplace background and red fabric edge has to be sewn together first, and I'm not in the mood for that today.

Well, *bleep*, it's snowing.

I wonder if I can find something cute online and order it when I get back.

Somewhere in the closet I have two kits like this: https://www.etsy.com/listing/7146392...oss-stitch-kit I have been intimidated by them for decades.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH, we have rain here. And the forecast says it's going to be warmer Thursday night into Friday while it's raining than it is now. Go figure. Then, once the cold front comes through, it'll be chilly during the day and cold (in the 30*'s) at night. Sigh. At least I have one fingering weight (wool, at least) WIP that covers my lap. Some of the others don't yet but they'll go pretty quickly since they won't be the fingering/sock weight WIP's. And by the time it really gets cold (at least during the day), I should have WIP that cover my lap.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ren, I believe we are getting more arctic air than you are. Temp has dropped to 32 --freezing-- and it is snowing harder, starting to stick. DH is going to leave work early. It's just a flurry, but first of the season so traffic will be a mess and roads are wet and may ice now.

I marked some christmas kits on amazon, to order later. Surprised to not see anything for thanksgiving. Maybe amazon is not the place to shop for that?

Fall did not last long, about 3 weeks. I got the christmas quilt out today. It's going to be cold tonight.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That’s a pretty kit, CH. I love the soft colors. Don’t be intimidated. It’s just one stitch at a time until it’s done.

They keep pushing our rain off until later and later with decreasing probability. Still it’s a gray gloomy day. Love it!

I finally finished prepping all the thread for the shelf.

I’ve been thinking of putting the two big projects, shelf and trees, which I may also switch to half cross, and start these big shiny projects in the bright shiny new year. It feels fitting. And meanwhile work on some of the other WIPs, maybe actually finish one or two.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hogwarts! That's beautiful, CH, but maybe not as a travel project. It looks very involved.

1/1 isn't far off, D. Where the heck does time go?

Got the thread rack painted. I think another coat tomorrow might be enough. I hope so. I want the rack installed so it's off my table. Then maybe I can start the scrap catcher project.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I took the bottom off the sewing machine case and retrieved the dropped needle, vacuumed and brushed out all the lint. Only 15 minutes effort. Maybe that will fix the snarling problem also.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Several web sites (including Lion Brand) say scissors OK to carry on if blade less than 4" long. Manicure scissors would seem good. I use an old wine cork to cover sharp points.
    Which Crafting Tools are Allowed in Carry-on Luggage? | Lion Brand Notebook

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I love my new stand so much! The height and width adjust. It can hold any thickness of hoop or frame, and that can rotate very easily to get to the back. The part that holds the work is strongly magnetic so it’s great for attaching anything with a magnet. The heavy base makes it very stable and it easily slides under my recliner. If I ever have a chair it won’t I can just flip the base away from the chair. Some real thought went into designing this. It was expensive, but worth every penny. Sorry about the stupid sideways photos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Stash Management-3f4e016c-99bf-4eec-ad41-aa17b95dfbd4.jpg  

2019 Stash Management-ba088865-d8a5-4fd5-8fd9-c8e752cb0233.jpg  

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

glad you are feeling better ch. 50s isn't that cold here if not wind and raining. has been in 40s but down to freezing when sun is gone. I am out in tshirts in 50s. just been hectic..got most of the halloween stuff up now. my car died on monday when I was suppose to go to different store because the order didn't come in so not much work. starter was gone so friend got it towed to his place and fixed it cheap for me. dh came out from work to help me. there was a trouble light that has been there for weeks that is now gone ..dh said it wasn't for that but I don't know. we went to local car lot too just too see what was available.

when dh left to come home he got a new toilet seat and found a 80 percent off pirate that talks so new decor. really just been this, housework, groceries. work. getting dh to find the mystery beep of a dying battery..not smoke alarm. of course he doesn't hear it much. hopefully get to crafting after halloween. 2019 Stash Management-75603924_10158127599217971_4434648823695933440_o.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH - I saw the forecasts for the Midwest. Brrr. Stay safe and warm. Today, the temps in my area are going to reach ~70* before they fall back into more seasonable weather tomorrow.

Got some more work done on the vamp afgan yesterday. I'll probably get some more done tonight before I set it aside for other WIP. This one is sock weight so it'll take a while and the other WIP either already cover my legs or will go a lot quicker than this one.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Happy Halloween!

The Yule goat is coming today, but the fabric isn’t going to make it. I was surprised it projected Thursday delivery, but on the tracking it just made it Shreveport about 30 minutes ago. It should be here tomorrow.

Big progress on the Noel. I just have a few stitches left to finish the lower right corner. The bottom corners are the most heavily stitched so this is zooming right along. I may be able to get the bottom right corner done today, but I have a good bit of housework to do too.

Stitching this requires only a tiny bit of my mind so while I was working I gave a lot of thought to my projects and patterns. I am concluding with regret that I have bitten off way more than I can chew with the shelf pattern. If I had been sensible and gotten the regular pattern with 87 colors it would have just been big. But there is so much detail, I knew it would have better difinition if I played the hero and bought the maximum color chart. I think it is just too much, and after a few pages I would be too frustrated with the slowness to enjoy working on it. Remember I first started at the top? Yesterday on a cross stitch group someone else had just started it there and pointed out in some dismay that the first 10x10 block, 100 stitches, had 35 colors. Been there. It’s not all that bad - there’s a flowering vine there - but a lot of it is going to be.

So I have several choices. I can just abandon it and chalk it up to experience that came with a big stupid tax in money and time. Or I could get the normal pattern and do that one. Or I could do the normal one but do bits from the max color for areas like the little faces.

At the moment I’m leaning toward just paying the stupid tax and moving on. I have other big full coverage patterns that will be a lot easier and arecconsiderably smaller than the massive shelf. Also in the calculation - time is finite and doing something so huge will preclude doing other more reasonable projects I really want to do. In the meanwhile I have learned a lot struggling with this that I would otherwise not have researched and figured out and that is good info for the other big patterns.

For now - I’ll stay with other WIPs and think about it before finally deciding.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It was in the 20's here this morning but has warmed up to 30! And it's bright and sunny so it's a good day to do some sewing or crafts. I am glad I got the big quilt out last night, we were very snug.

DC, please don't abandon the big project. It's coming along beautifully. It will be wonderful when it is done. Set yourself some smaller goals and take it one day at a time. Take a break if you need to. Your patience will pay off.

I found a project to take on my trip. I have a mini drunkard's path quilt done in batiks. I bought the pre-cut quilt at a show sale, and started it during my first foot surgery. There are still quite a lot of pieces to sew, so it will fill up a lot of time, if necessary. It is also quite compact, so it won't take up much space in my one bag. I may also take a square or two of the wool applique quilt project I started about 10 years ago. Will have to look at it first.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have to take the truck in to get the parking brake cable replaced, so I'll be stuck at Mom's a while. I'm taking the neglected DfG shields so I can turn the pockets. It's kind of tedious so it's a good time to do it. Then they will be ready to topstitch.

I got a few things put away in the sewing room but haven't started the giant pile of fabric. I keep procrastinating and dreading it. Gotta get that done.

The second coat of paint is on the thread rack. Just have to add the rims on the back edges. Maybe later. Then I'll install it and wait a week before I put stuff on it, so the paint can harden a little. I think I'll be happy I never tried to make space on the new shelves for the thread. That would have been impossible and frustrating. Much better to have a whole new storage space.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH - I’m a little embarrassed by this since I just told you not to be intimated by you castle - lol. If I do it I will pretty certainly get the normal pattern. It’s a downgrade, but there is the time calculation too. I would have a better chance of getting it done. The odds are definitely against my being able to finish the max color version. Do I want to spend that much time I will probably never get finished?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

None of us know how much time we have left. I worry about that every time I get on a plane. Is this the one? But we can't let that thinking stop us from doing things. I did go looking for the castle kits (there are two of them) the other night but did not find them with a quick search. They are packed away somewhere. There is emotional baggage packed along with them, too. Next time I see them I will get them out.

Working on zip pouches. Only a few weeks left to get them finished. Have a cross-in-star laid out, too.

Found the mini batiks quilt, put some extra needles and thread in a bag and it is ready to go.

Use it up, Wear it out,