2019 Stash Management - Page 152
Page 152 of 194 FirstFirst ... 52102142149150151152153154155162 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 2906
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pretty cream & gold fabric, that will be nice on the table.
    Dog club event starting 7 am Saturday. It will be cold (freeze warning), need to find all myextra outdoor gear. Afternoon weather should be nice (50's). Took the dog out there today, and again tomorrow. He will definitely need a bath Sunday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

https://heavenandearthdesigns.com/in...5a4edbcdf00a06

725x518 stitches. On large page pattern, 84 pages. The other pages in the 92 listed are floss info.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wow! DC, that is stunning. I can see why you were drawn to it, the colors are amazing.

Bad weather is on the increase everywhere, every year.
    This is going to be a strange winter. Not only is the sun at a solar minimum (meaning it is not warming the earth as much) we are in the in-between phases of el nino and la nina, meaning highly unpredictable weather. (not necessarily in a bad way, just not as predictable) IMO, be ready for anything. It won't be routine. The solar minimum could give us some record cold in places that normally don't see it. We've just come out of several years of strong el nino cycles with ocean warming and strong tropical storms. Hard to say what will happen now in the neutral part of the cycle. Even the experts don't know.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ok. I worked some on the 28 over 1 in half cross, and I can do it, and it looks ok, but I donít think itís worth it. So I have made my decision. I will pack the Stitching Shelf away, probably permanently and just admit I made a mistake. However, I will also pack the big piece of 18 count itís started on with it, and should I ever change my mind, Iíll be good to continue. Iíll continue the green trees on the 16 count. Itís working well.

As for the new gridded 28, no problem. I use 28 evenweave for 14 count projects with fractional stitches, so I definitely can use it. I also have some full coverage patterns I could use with it.

I bought myself a big consolation prize- three HAED patterns that have been in my wish list. Then I deleted the HAED link from my phone screen. I have all the big patterns, indeed patterns of any size or type, I need for a long long time. I am challenging myself to acquire no new patterns between now and the end of next year. Cold turkey. No looking.

https://heavenandearthdesigns.com/in...oducts_id=5664

https://heavenandearthdesigns.com/in...ducts_id=11008

https://heavenandearthdesigns.com/in...ducts_id=24834

And now, back to the Noel. Tomorrow I really must get all the patterns and thread put away.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Your forecast doesn't sound good, CH.

Seems like the right choice, D, at least for now. I like the patterns you linked to. Incredible details. I especially like the bird.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD - That’s my favorite too. I love the colors and the cute little English robin. That will probably be my New Year’s pattern. At least I say that. I’ll probably start it the day it comes. As I said, serial starter here. Yup. Certain to do that. Why delay gratification?

I saw someone post a pic of the mini ravens that was almost finished. I had not noticed the pattern before. I like the cool moodiness of the pattern, and ravens are always a winner for me. It’s been high on the wish list ever since I saw it.

The moon hare won because I’m a sucker for blue and green and moons. It has been on and off the wish list, and was rather an impulse add to the cart last night. I considered requesting a mini made of it, but decided to just go whole hog and get the full size version.

I’m going to have to start buying blue and green floss by the crate. I have a few skeins of black to use up and then I can start on the cone of black I have. Cones of floss. Who knew?

I still want to do the embroidery too, but I will use that for a change when I need a cross stitch break. Cross stitch has been my first love for more or less 50 years, and as the retirement hobby options are settling out I have decided that it will still be the primary one. Cross stitch has come a long, long way over the decades. Back then we could only have dreamed of the kinds of patterns available in their thousands today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DC, the new patterns are adorable! I understanding getting frustrated with large projects and needing to pack them away for later. I have a closet full of quilts that took me 30 years to finish. Enjoy your new, smaller projects.

SD, it doesn't have to be a bad winter. It could be cold and dry. No way of telling with the el nino phenomena in the stage it's in. And el nino affects the whole world, not just north america, so we may have mild weather, and another continent will bear the brunt of the changes and have hurricanes or drought. It will be different, is all I can say, really.

Last minute errands today. May sew for fun later.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dishes caught up - mostly - and now I’m starting on the fright of a worktable and my stitching cart. Everything cross stitch has just dumped on both for weeks. This will take a good part of the day. Then I want to see what fabric I can use for the big patterns and get start getting the robin pattern kitted up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got the multiple cords all figured out so all the lights and machines are plugged in now. I might still switch the lights on the indy serger and over the indy sewing machine. I was able to get rid of the annoying cord cover I've been using, and run all the cords along walls. With the tall shelves gone and the big serger in its place, I can use the outlet that was behind it again.

My old serger is still not working right. Very frustrating. The problem is inconsistent, so I'm sure it works fine for the tech and then acts up at home. The tech noted on the repair tag to use better thread. Pretty sure that's not the problem considering 3 of the 4 cones were close to empty without having caused a problem till recently, but I switched it out for what I bought at the dealer last week. No difference in performance. I did notice it's looping thread on the underside, so maybe it's maladjusted or worn somewhere. So there are 2 more 100 mile round trips in our near future, most likely, after having already put 400 miles into trying to get it fixed.

I sewed a few more shields but just can't deal right now. I'm afraid to turn on the new serger in case I have a sewing room jinx going on right now. LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Looping threads on the bottom drives me crazy too. I've noticed it is much more inconsistent with the big 6000 yd spools than it is with the little C&C ones. I have to adjust with each new bobbin. I hope you can get it figured out.

Been running around all day. No sewing. DH needed a computer cable, we got lunch out, I had to go drop off a key for our cat sitter, pick up antacids at the drugstore, etc. Just want to relax a bit.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

D - love the moon hare. I think you made a good decision on the big project. A hobby project shouldn't cause
    you that much upset and all the thinking about it. It is there if you change your mind. Happy stitching.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No bobbins on the serger. I don't normally have looping problems on any of the 3 residential sewing machines I normally use big cones on, luckily. Do you use a thread stand? I've been thinking lately I should start using netting on the big cones, too. I do use those on the serger so that's not the issue there.

I finally found the liners I was looking for. There were only 3. I was looking for a stack, but after finding them, I remembered I needed to cut more. Glad that mystery is solved. I couldn't figure out where they were all morning and it drove me crazy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks earlybird. You right. It was past time to move on from the shelf pattern. These are not small - HAED doesn’t do small - but aren’t as large as the shelf. I think my real mistake with that was the hubris in thinking I was up to a max color. That’s just too hard to be fun, and by now I am too frustrated with it change to the other version. I love the new ones. Off to greener pastures!

I buy the hard copies. With only my phone and the hassle of getting them printed in town, it’s worth it to me to just have them delivered. It may take a couple of weeks. That’s good because after I got the table cleared enough to spread out fabric, I didn’t have any 18 count big enough for the robin, the one I want to start with. I did in 25 count but now I’m focused on making it easy. So I’ve ordered a piece of 18 for it. I also don’t have anything large enough for the hare, but that can wait. I made a list and calculated sizes for most of my big ones and matched up what fabric I could. I still need to put away the shelf thread and pull thread for the robin. I may go on and do that tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD, I have a thread stand for my sewing machine and the big cotton cones. It's a simple affair, a metal rod with a kink in the end, on a plastic base. My serger takes 4 threads, though I've only been able to get it to work with 3, and even the Viking employees don't know. It's got an attached rack with wire thread hangers.

I hope I have everything for the trip packed. I am so nervous about this trip for some reason. I forgot to check us in early today, now we have the worst seats, and rows apart. Ugh.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH - have a great trip. It should get better once you’re off the plane.