2019 Stash Management - Page 154
Page 154 of 194 FirstFirst ... 54104144151152153154155156157164 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2906
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH glad you are there relaxing for a couple of days. SD good find on the manuals. Old machines are really fun to figure out.

Checkout lady at the library asked me all about my knitted hat. She showed me the one she knit. I tried to explain how mine was made - hers was similar but had a front-only straight brim - mine has rolled brim all the way around. Hopefully she figures it out. Got 2 books by Maeve Binchy. I realize there are several in print I have not read yet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, Ren and D. It's a real relief. I've always had a lot of questions about that serger and now I have some answers.

Kathy, the stuff that goes wrong while camping, as long as nobody gets hurt and stuff doesn't get damaged, often make the best camping memories. I know we'll be laughing about being lost on our last trip for 3 hrs in rural Wisconsin for yrs to come, especially since we eventually figured out we could ask Husby's phone where we were and have it show us how to get back where we needed to be. Not being as smart as our phones has been good for quite a few laughs, too. The unexpected is often the best part of camping.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My green/grey (g2) wool afgan is coming along, now that I'm focusing on it again. I think I've done half the current skein since I picked it up again. Of course, that's not too hard to do, given that it takes a bit to do each row since it's such a light weight yarn. But I'm pretty sure I have enough skeins to finish this afgan and may even have enough for a scarf or two.

I'm pretty sure I'll need more yarn for my vamp afgan, especially since I'm using a slightly smaller hook on that one. But I think I'll put that one aside for the warmer months since it's still short and doesn't cover my lap or legs yet. I do have other WIPs and enough stashed acrylic yarn for other projects that will go faster during the cold months. Especially if I do lapgans.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It warmer and sunnier here today. I'm hanging out in my room, working on my sewing project. Had plans to go to the beach with another woman, but she hasn't started her day yet. I will either get a lot of sewing done, or go to the pool later.

SD, that's cool that you found the online manual for your machine. I love that stuff is available like that.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I’m debating now whether to do the Morning Cheer, aka robin, or the moon hare first. The hare is considerably smaller. After deciding to use the 820 blue for Noel since it’s so rarely used in my patterns, I looked at the floss requirements for the hare and it uses - 8 skeins. Sigh. JA has floss on sale again Thursday - Saturday, so I may take a couple of days to really work with the floss stash and see that I would need for these new patterns. I know I won’t have enough of some of the blues.

I learned something interesting about DMC. Apparently they have had to change dye processes or dyes used several time to meet changing environmental laws in the EU. The grays were some of the most affected colors. I’ve noticed that my grays are all over the place and I have to be sure I have enough on the bobbin to complete the project when I pull one. Now that I know the reason I’ve decided to just write them off, put them in the miscellaneous floss boxes, and start fresh with them so that additional skeins will match. Consistency will be worth a few dollars. There are six of them I would do this with.

I didn’t get as far along as I hoped on the Noel, but it’s coming along.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DLR, I found the manuals at
    all-guides.com, in case you're not aware of them. They have zillions of manuals. It's a great resource if you need one.

We got mixed news at our cats' annual checks today. We know Chester has issues, and it looks like Cody does, too. We know Ches probably has a brain tumor, but it looks like he may be getting into kidney failure, too. Coco may have hyperthyroidism. Chessy is about 18 and Cokie isn't much younger. At this time they're both doing well, but it sounds like some loss may not be far away. ☹️☹️ Not unexpected, but still depressing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Vet run for the dogs' checkups today, where Storm will spend his exam trying to bite the vet. I've been trying to work with him to teach him it's okay if someone touches his face. He's marginally better, but not ready yet. I suspect mean things were done to him to shut his loud mouth, before we got him. This time, I'm taking treats along in hopes if the vet gives him some, Storm will decide he's a good guy after all.

Don't know what I'll get done today. I'm always so tired lately, I don't get as much done as I used to.

Down another 2.2 lbs the past week, so hope I can keep momentum going. Only .6 to go to my first mini goal. Then I'll reset for another 5 lbs. 15.6 to lose before I get back to my lowest. ☹️☹️☹️

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good luck on the vet run, SD. Also glad to hear you're nearly to your weight loss goal. I've been kinda stuck at my current weight but I think I need to tweak my food intake. Again. Sigh. At least I'm still walking every day. At least one person said it looked like I'm losing weight so I might be dealing with muscle gain, rather than weight loss.

Didn't get any work done yesterday on my wool afgan since I was at my sign language class. I did get some work done on the car WIP, though. I did find the color yarn I was looking for and ordered some more a couple weeks back. Right now, I'm finishing up the skeins I currently have in the bag before I put the new ones in.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yesterday turned out to be a very busy day after all. We went to a museum downtown and spent several hours looking at local history. Then in the evening we went to Disney Springs, which is a very upscale shopping mall. Lots to look at and of course the Disney store, but we didn't spend a dime. So much walking, my feet hurt. Today I am going to hang out by the pool again.

DH won a drawing for a free sushi dinner. We are going to try and figure out how to get there without a car. They have a tourist bus that might get us close enough to walk to it. Or we'll get a cab.

This place is a monument to consumerism.

2019 Stash Management-img_20191106_095106397_1573054446708.jpg
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have to go to town today to pick up a prescription, but I’m just going to scoot through the drive through and come back home.

I’ve been stitching pretty intensively so I’m going to take some time to work with the floss stash. I want to consolidate where I have several bobbins of a color with small amounts so I can get the bobbins back. I’m skipping the floss sale. I need to get the stash work done first and see what I really have to have for the new patterns. There will always be sales and coupons.

The new patterns are supposed to be here tomorrow. I’ve decided that since the trees are for the most part pretty straightforward, I’ll look at the robin and hare patterns and start the most complex. That is almost certainly going to be the robin. I hope the fabric for it will come by Saturday. It should ship today, I think, but I have plenty to keep me busy if it doesn’t.

Good luck the vet SD. Poor Storm. I hope he learns life is completely ok now and that the vet emerges with all his fingers intact.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD,

That is too bad about your cats. It is hard when pets are near the end of their lives. Even when they have lived a longer than normal life, it is still hard.

I am still a bit stuck on my weight too. Right now I have a lot of things going on, so that is not a top focus for me now. Of course it was not really a top focus for me when I did not have other things going either....

Our reorganization will be finally starting next week. It seems like all the big things have been decided, but there are lots of little details left to be determined. Like what exactly people are doing. I have been told that this is "an opportunity for me to take on more responsibility." Not more pay or different title of course, just more responsibility. But there seemed to be an expectation I would be somewhat enthusiastic about it.

I am feeling a bit overwhelmed this week. I hope in a few weeks, it can transition to just being whelmed.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, everyone, about the pets. It's hard, but not unexpected. All we can do is love them as long as we can.

Storm screamed his head off having his claws clipped. He was so upset and took a while to calm down. Then he had to see the vet. Nothing helped. He didn't want treats or his emotional support bear. He did eventually let Vet give him a treat, but wasn't very happy about the whole ordeal. Poor boy. Vet had Husby try to open Storm's lips to check his teeth. It wasn't perfect, but it was progress, so we'll keep working on getting him used to having his face touched. Shadow just thought the whole thing was a fun visit with her frenz, all wags and grins as usual. Vet said most likely Shadow's hip abnormality, one being higher than the other, is most likely either congenital or due to a broken pelvis that didn't heal right. He's not worried about her because she doesn't limp or seem to have any pain. There's nothing that can be done to correct it anyway. We had her at least a year before we noticed anything wrong. They both seem healthy and now have their shots, so they're good for another year, I hope.

Still snowing and cold. Supposed to get worse this weekend. Yippy skippy.

I finally scored an 8 lb pkg of hamburger for half price, so as soon as the 7 lbs of ground turkey thaw out, I can make burger patties, meatballs, and meat loaves for the freezer. I saved $16 on the hamburger, so that's helpful. I might make Husby do the meatballs. He can use the cookie scoop. Hope we get this all done tomorrow or Friday. I hate the job but it's always nice to have healthy food in the freezer ready and waiting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good luck with your transition, Kathy. And I hope there isn't another shutdown at the end of the month, too, for everyone's sake.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey SD, years ago we had a Boston Terrier that was terrified at the vet. What seemed to calm him some was putting a towel over his head so he couldn't see. You know, like they do with wild animals.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, Rabbit. Might be worth a try. The second time he was at the vet clinic was the night he broke his leg. He was in so much pain and then he had surgery and had a fixator put in with 4 pins through his leg, also unpleasant. I don't know if he will ever get over the trauma from that. He has to go back to the same room as that night for claw clipping, where he gets held down and sometimes it hurts. I suspect it all takes him back to that awful night and all the pain. Poor baby. He's a drama queen to begin with, but he has good reason to be afraid and upset, too. We decided today we'll never have his claws clipped the same day he sees the vet though. Both things are too upsetting for him to have to do back to back.