2019 Stash Management - Page 155
Page 155 of 159 FirstFirst ... 55105145152153154155156157158 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 2371
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ROFL! Husby is trying to have a nap, but it's time for afternoon snack so Storm is outside the bedroom door howling his head off. I guess all his suffering this morning did nothing to upset his internal clock! That boy sure knows how to run this place and keep his staff in line!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Glad to hear Storm's vet visit is over and done with and he's feeling better.

Sigh. Not looking forward to the drive home tonight. One of the roads into town closed today for the next six months or so they say. They're repairing one section where there are three (relatively small) bridges/culverts. No one really believes that the work will be done in six months, especially going into winter. They did 'add' an additional lane on one of the roads going out but I doubt that will do much help. And the most annoying part will be all the people 'trying to beat the light' who will end blocking the intersection so that nothing moves. Plus it seems like practically every road in/out of town has some sort of construction recently. For the most part, the other construction hasn't bothered me. It's just that this road closure will probably affect practically every other road around town, which tend to back up on a good day. Sigh.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Training dog to open mouth on cue:
    Open Mouth Behavior - The Good Dog Spot
    I think you could start with yawning behavior - can you initiate a yawn? Some dogs will if you do first. Supposedly this measures how attuned they are to their owners. If Shadow will and gets a treat will Storm mimic her?
    Nails clipping - I am happy with just 1 paw day or every other day. I just do a tiny bit, have not drawn blood on the new dog at all. I did quick the old dog twice, did not blame him for being mad at me for that.
    Ear cleaning - I learned to warm the solution by putting the bottle inside my clothing 5-10 minutes to bring to body temp. Cold liquid in your ear would certainly be annoying.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sorry to hear about your cats SD. Hope they can be treated to a good quality of life while they are with you.

My cats get anxiety going to the vet, too. One of them at least is getting used to it. Considering you don't normally take them that often, it can be a while before they get over it.

Had a relaxing day here. Worked on my sewing project a bit this morning. Went.for a walk. Spent time at the pool. Taking it easy this evening. We just got back from getting ice cream. 🍨

I think I m going to be ready to go home soon, though.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, DLR. It doesn't help the vet clinic is always a madhouse and anything our dogs know at home in the quiet flies out the window. I did have Shadow's undivided attention the whole time we were there though, because she knew I had treats. She's the Hermione Granger of our family and likes to show off what she knows, so she sits for snacks without being told while Storm is yelling and running in circles. The boy is sweet but brash and reckless.

Sounds like a traffic snarl in the making, Ren. I hope it goes better than expected.

There's no treatment for either of our cats, but Vet says they aren't in pain. They don't act like it. All we can do is take it a day at a time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I saw a boot cuff I liked I thought I might try. It is from a drawing, not photo, but I think it is something that is still doable. It is from the camping series I am reading and the girls wear pretty realistic looking clothing.

This is a link to the cover:

https://www.amazon.com/Laid-Back-Cam.../dp/1975358120

It was an ankle length boot and the cuff looked to be sitting out a bit, like the shirt collars that fold over. It was plaid, which gave it a made from a flannel shirt collar look. It could be done just sitting on the ankle loosely. I could also make it with some stretchy knit material to hold it in place. The folded over layer would cover this part.

I want something like that, but a little longer to cover more of my foot.

I am actually looked for some thing more for shoes than boots. Something that would cover the top part of my shoe and keep my feet a little warmer. I googled shoe cuff, but I got lots of .... um.....weird stuff involving leather and metal bits. Ankle boot cuff is a much safe search term that gave me fairly normal results.

I experimented with making spats at one time. My sewing skills are not really good enough to make fitted clothing. I need to do loose fitted things or stuff with stretchy material.

Most of the boot cuffs I had seen previous fell in one of two categories. Some were like leg warmers, but only a few inches long. These were usually knit or crochet. The other type is (fake) fur that makes it look like you are wearing a fur trimmed boot. These are nice, but what I really wanted was something that goes down further and provides more warmth for the foot area. Kind of a coat for the feet. So I think the collar style is good for that.

I am thinking in the back of my mind how I could cover the whole top of shoe. Something removable that would also stay in place. It seem like a covering that went too far down the front would have a chance to flop over onto the side and drag on the ground. I could possible do as far down as the shoelace goes and hook it onto the shoes that way. I could sew buttons to the edges of the shoes, but that would look a little odd wearing the shoes without the coverings.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Kathy - may be look for either putties or gaiters?

gaiters: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaiters

putties: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puttee

SD, thanks. It wasn't so bad last night or this morning. I think they've extended the length of the light to allow more people to go through, especially with all the people trying to make the left turn from the highway to the road into town. It's a jug handle turn but at least people aren't blocking the fast lane, trying to make the turn. The extra lane going out of town seemed to help as well, especially since there are a easier ways to make the turn onto the road into town.

Got some more work done on my wb afgan last night. Not sure if I'll finish this skein tonight or not. It's coming along faster than I thought but I'm sure I'll get annoyed sooner or later

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

try ravelry for boot cuffs they are easy ..plus they have fun new soft faux fur now too if you want that look. sounds you want socks we have all the traffic issues here too always a surprise driving around. at least they are finished on the road here. It is hard when pets get sick when older. just like us. our adopted cat..the one who pees on things...no way she would get nails clipped etc without being put out. she bit me hard when I was holding her at the vets and he tried to look at her nails. made dh take our youngest to the vets last night to get his stitches out..you know he can be the bad guy for once. back in 20mins..meanwhile I have to wait min 20mins just to see them.

worked on lap blanket that will be for xmas yesterday. went though my lingerie drawer to get rid of some things. shortie nighties are now camisoles lol somethings donate and some recycle the fabric. my house is cluttered and just on a binge to clean it up. last boxes to ship up north. got free shipping international so sending my cousin some halloween stuff and treat bags since they don't celebrate halloween there and she was interested in how big it is here. they are starting to know about it there. michaels had 80% off sale so got a couple of things for me too. will send a couple of my crocheted hats too.

took 3 days for cat to figure out i had a catnip toy from craft show in a bag on my dresser..so 5 am bag on head knocking over all my stuff on the nightstand to the bed yesterday. now the cats are taking turns w it. got another to send to cousins cat. so that is hidden in the box. working today so not much will happen craft wise. except I straightened my yarn bookcase..was leaning w bottom raised because someone peed on shoes and got the front wet....and ikea pressboard so needed to dry. at least not the yarn.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We cleaned the house a bit and now I can see my sewing machine. I'm going to spend 30 minutes today working on her quilt. I think the next quilt will be done in strips instead of squares. I think it will go faster. In fact I think all my next quilts will be done in strips. I have lots of different fabrics and make what I call memory quilts for my dgds. The older one loves disney princesses, so I bought fabric for just about every princess. I have all the squares cut, they just need to be sewn together. I only have a month to get it done, but if I spend 30 minutes a day/5 days a week, I should be able to get it done. That's my goal for this year. At least one quilt done, hopefully two. Better get sewing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I had surprises driving into town yesterday. Turned right into narrow two lane country road, soon came upon the loggers. Lots of sitting waiting to be cleared to move around the trucks, then squeezing past with truck and workers on one side and and an abrupt three foot drop on the other. When I finally turned on to the next road, same kind, i found all the utility workers at several places putting in poles. Coming home I went the long way around to the highway to the west. That comes to the turn that led me to the loggers from the opposite direction so I could avoid the whole mess. It takes longer, but worth it. I may go to town again tomorrow and I’ll just take the long route to begin with. The other work may be finished, but I don’t want to find out the hard way.

I got through the 800s on the DMC consolidation last night. This is just working through the main boxes, a first pass. I’m clearing lots of bobbins. I have extra, some on bobbins, some in skeins, that I will deal with later. The bobbins have a lot of old floss and that’s where I will start picking up colors that don’t quite match. I’ve only found three or four in the main boxes. I’ll keep working on that today.

The new patterns are out for delivery, so I’ll see them soon. They are printed two sided, so I want to make one sided copies to work with. I may go to town tomorrow to do that. If so, I may get a list of colors on the pattern I decide to start that will need multiple skeins. If I’m short any I may go to JA after all. The fabric should be here tomorrow so I would be ready to start it. I may finish the Noel first though. Or maybe not.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Jettsmom - welcome to the thread! I’m looking forward to following your progress. I have very substandard quilting skills and admire those who are good at it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like your traffic is working so far, Ren. It should get easier as commuters adjust.

I hear ya about logging trucks, D. Logging is big business up here, one of Minnesota's big three, timber, taconite, and taxes. I wrecked a Ferrari F40 under a logging truck once in a novel. That was fun, but very sad for so many reasons. But the scene was well received by my beta readers, so it was worth the emotional toll it took on me. But I digress as usual. Glad you got through the logging truck gauntlet okay and found an alternate route.

Martha, one of ours is peeing where she shouldn't, but I added a tray in one spot where she's committed multiple offenses. It's easy to see the mess now and easy to rinse the tray so it's always clean. If our vet is right she won't be with us much longer, so we clean up and just live with it. She's in a crate at night where she always uses the box, so that helps a lot. She's lucky she's so adorable.

I spent another frustrating morning with the old serger, then called the tech. We plan to take it in again tomorrow. I sure hope it gets fixed this time. I'm sure they're frustrated, too.

I cut 90 shields so they are ready to be serged, and pinned another 16 yds together to sew, then cut another 60 more from that. I need to find some pink and/or purple flannel to put with some scraps big enough to make liners from, so will see what JA has tomorrow. I have a short list and some coupons.

It sounds like Husby wants to go to GR. I might find a good serger table sooner than expected, since we will shop at least 5 thrifts, most likely. It's going to be a long day again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome, Jettsmom! Looking forward to following your quilt progress.

Kathy, it sounds like you would like Fox River socks, which are a thick, soft wool blend. Very warm and machine washable and dryable. Although if you have cold hands and feet but not circulation problems, it often means you're not dressed warm enough on your torso. A body will starve the heat out of extremities to protect its core. The saying I was taught by someone who spent a lot of time in the Arctic is, if your hands are cold, put on a sweater.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

They’re here!! I love them all. I want to start and finish them all this week! I can’t decide which to begin. Each one I pick up and look at is definitely the one tiggers like best!

I think it was good to have struggled with the shelf so long. The confetti in these doesn’t look bad at all after that. Lol.

I’m not going to copy these yet to split the pages. The main reason I always use one sided is so that I can cut off the bits I’ve finished so I have smaller and smaller pieces to mess with. There’s no reason I have to, except for convenience.

Back to floss management.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wow, it looks like you guys have been busy.

Kathy, I m looking forward to seeing what you come up with for shoe covers.

M, cats can be so crazy at night. Fortunately my current ones are quiet.

Today was a beach day. Went with a woman whose husband works with mine. We stopped at Ft Christmas, and I took pics of the beautiful Seminole patchwork.

2019 Stash Management-img_20191107_103559214_1573171281861.jpg

The beach was lovely but a red flag was up, so no swimming.

2019 Stash Management-img_20191107_141615145_1573171418166.jpg

Tomorrow we leave Orlando for Coco beach.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown