2019 Stash Management - Page 158
Page 158 of 194 FirstFirst ... 58108148155156157158159160161168 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 2906
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by dcompton View Post
    Dircpa - what a cute tree!

M- oh well. At least you have a clean basement lol
    drinking honey whiskey now lol 4 teens w attitude in an hour cus they are teens.. must be something in the air today. like at the engagement party today..said nice he gets to be a instant great grandpa... stink eye well sorry didn't know teen mom. the others well 15/16 yr old girls...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WW just rolled out their new plan. I like it! It includes the option to stay on the current plan, which I will do for now, but I can change to the other options later if I want. I still feel WW makes the most sense for me. I know from bitter experience I can't lose without a good food plan. After all, I got into this mess by guesswork and wishful thinking, so clearly that doesn't work. WW gives me a road map. I long as I follow it, I lose. If I don't, I get nowhere. I am going to rebel, though. Plain ff yogurt is a zero pts food, but skim milk isn't. It never made sense to me. I just found out the reasoning is that liquids aren't as filling as food you have to chew. Who chews yogurt? I'm going off the rez and adding 1 cup of milk per day and defiantly not tracking it. So there. I really miss milk with supper. It's been yrs now and I can't seem to get over it. The water I drink with supper these days does not fill me up, either, so might as well drink my milk.

Hope I can spend most of my day sewing. This is the first week in a long time I feel like I can actually sew in my sewing room instead of having to build or rearrange or solve some problem. Looking forward to it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finished the skein on my gray afgan and started a new one. I think this new skein will likely be the last one needed for the afgan. Yay!! It was a lot of work but I think it was worth it. I can use this afgan in the spring and fall since it's lightweight. I still have quite a few skeins left of the gray yarn, though. I don't know if I'll use them for scarves or make a lapgan with them.

I think the next WIP in the queue will be the wool lapgan I started with the leftover skeins from my friend's afgan. I'll pass that one along to my friend as well. I'm sure she or her family will get use out of it. If not, I"m sure she can find people who will appreciate it since she has more contact with people who homestead or practice/are learning herbalism.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ren, a wool afghan sounds really nice right now. Hope your friend likes it.

SD, sometimes I don't understand diet plans either. Sometimes I think they make arbitrary decisions for "the plan" just to make the choices less confusing. WW has some good recipes, though. Sometimes they are a little too lean/low fat for me, but you do what works for you.

Snowy and windy today. DH and I are going to stay in and hobby. Among other things, I want to make a pair of earrings for my cat sitter. Couldn't find any suitable gifts in Florida, it was all tacky plastic junk. I am going to string earrings to match a necklace she bought from me last year. Then see if I can remember where I was on my other projects.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good going on the afghan, Ren.

I started serging liners again and realized I pinned, sewed, and cross cut at least 50 of them wrong.
    2019 Stash Management-20191111_081623_1573489365666.jpg
    They should be sewn with the wrong side of the narrow strip against the right side of the wide one, not wrong sides together. I still can't believe it! I pin and sew the narrow strips to the wide ones using 4-yd lengths, then cut into 9" pieces. I did at least 4 lengths wrong, 16 yds of opportunity to notice the mistakes while staring literally at every inch of those yds, twice each. Don't you think I'd have noticed the multiple errors in all the handling of this stuff? I e'd DfG and I'm hoping they will okay me doing them as is. I'm afraid all the handling to rip them would fray the flannel, and/or trying to sew them back together perfectly would be impossible. The liners would function the same way and could be folded inside out, but I know DfG strives for continuity across the brand. It's an epic screwup on my part.

Other than that, I'm enjoying my day. The serger is purring like Chester, and I got 70 or so liners serged with no issues. Will probably switch over to shields or practice with the new serger after my break. So much to do. It's going to be a short winter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

M - teens being teens. Evolution failed us on that one. Neighbor little girl isnít there yet being only ten, but I think sheís having moments when sheís practicing for her upcoming starring role as the only teen on the block.

Ren - great news on the nearing completion. Is there any way we could see a pic?

CH - have all the cats forgiven you for going away? I hope they got lots and lots of pets. Or food, always an acceptable substitute. Iím glad youíre back home.

SD - Iím glad your serger is finally healed and back at work. Thatís a serious bummer about the mistake. If you canít rescue it for dfg, make a quilt? That is not an intuitive way to sew pieces together. Better you than me with the milk. I know almost nothing about our family because the family never talked about family and as the youngest, I didnít see a lot of it. One tidbit I did pick up was that as soon as we were off the bottle, both my sister and I refused milk. Apparently I resisted even a bit earlier, because those were still the days of glass bottles and at one point my exasperated dad decreed that the next bottle I threw and smashed was it and I would learn to drink from a cup. Either he relented or I mastered the cup because Iím still around - lol.

I didnít work on the robin as much yesterday as I planned, but still got a good bit done. This top corner page is a walk in the park. Lots of big areas of solid color background. This is going to be a lazy hobby day here too. The cold is finally getting around to us. It may rain starting mid afternoon, but the rain forecast keeps diminishing. Today I want to make some of the needle minders and Iíve pulled out a sheet of poster board to back pattern pages. I want to get a few more of those taped on and labeled. And then just carry on stitching.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dc - I don't have a smart phone although I probably could find a way to upload a picture from my current phone. If I can find a way to take a picture and upload it, I will. This is the yarn I'm using for the current WIP:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/5143505...ctive_19&frs=1

Here's the link for the vamp afgan: https://www.shirstycat.com/product/just-sock-vamp/

Yeah, they're a bit pricey, especially for a full sized afgan but I decided to indulge for myself. (The gray and vamp afgans are both for me, personally.) Especially since it supports small vendors. I made wool afgans for myself using the Fisherman's Wool brand from the local Joann/Michaels stores. I've always liked using multiple blankets/afgans since I can always add or remove them as needed. Since I have electric heat, I can keep the thermostat down in winter this way.

CH - yeah, the wool afgans are coming in handy right now. I know the wool afgans I made for these friends last March were definitely appreciated as I was able to get them theirs just as the temps dropped again. (And I think their power went out for a couple of days due to a storm.) They're good people so I know they'll take good care of the wool afgans.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

think the ones who get their way w attitude w parents don't like me much cus they know by instinct don't work for me. like at scouts I tell them kill yourself on your own time lol when they are doing stupid kid stuff. think I am getting to the time of month cranky lol one used to have ds and friend as a posse at school and didn't like any challenges to her rule lol well moms win that one and not scared of a 14yr old lol I now know why my mom used to just say yes dear and ignore me lol

haven't crafted but we got all the stuff out of the house... costco was nuts so we went to walmart... red heart sparkle yarn in blues called my name pricey at $7.97 a roll but got one. will made cute hat. dd is always up for a little sparkle. just teaching dd how to make potato and leek soup for lunch. will craft during our veg day at home

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was able to get all of my quilt squares sewn into rows. Now the process of sewing the rows together. I have 3 rows put together now. I think dgd is going to love it. Everyday, except the weekend, I've been setting the timer for 30 minutes and sew as much as I can. If I'm really close, I do keep sewing until I get to a good stopping point. I'm getting really excited to get it done. The next one, won't be as involved, but it will have some piecing to do. I just need to figure out a backing material. I don't know if I'll piece together the fabric I have laying around or if I'll get something new. I should probably just use what I have. I'm sure there is a enough to make it look nice. Thanks for all the encouragement. Of course when I mentioned the quilts to dil, she had to come back with telling me about a lady that made her a baby quilt. Everyone raved over it. Whatever. Mine is sewn with love.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD - it’s my turn to do something wrong. The magnets I have are too thick. You would think I would notice that. I glued a couple on, turned them over, and had the oops! Moment. So that project is on hold until I can get some properly sized ones.

I’ve prepped a few pattern pages, killed a lot of time on line, and now I’m ready to stitch. About time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wanted to give my new serger a good test drive, so ripped 5 liner strips from 5.5 yds of flannel. I serged all 160+ feet wide open and pretty much nonstop. It did a beautiful job, but developed that hot new motor smell. It didn't seem too hot and cooled fairly quickly once I was done. I called the tech about it and he said new machines usually don't smell, but it could be due to the machine sitting unused for so long. (Twelve yrs.) I think it's just more proof this machine was literally never used, like not even once. The tech, who sold the PO her new machine she traded my serger for, thinks she did mean it literally that she never used it, since she brought it back still in the box. Which also looked new, come to think of it. I plan to use the heck out of it before the warranty expires, but I agree with the tech the smell will probably work itself out. He also said there's no break-in period, so I can use it as usual. I think I need more fabric. 😁

I put split pea soup in the Crockpot for supper. I've never made it and can't recall ever eating it, so I hope we like it. It has low points, so works for WW. Only pts are a little bit of ham per serving plus some crackers. And the milk I'm militantly refusing to count.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The snow has moved off and it is bright, sunny, and cold.

Jettsmom, your quilt will be beautiful and warm. Good idea using a timer. Bet that 30 mins just flies by. A pieced backing is a good way to use up stuff. I did that with my last big quilt. Looks a bit odd, but nobody sees that side.

M, hope your teens grow out of that soon. Glad you got the basement cleared.

Ren, that yarn is so pretty. Love that red and black combo. I see why you'd keep it for yourself.

DH and I are just hanging out, drinking tea and watching it snow.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jettsmom, your quilt will be much loved because Grandma made it special for her.

D, sorry about the magnet oops. I'm sure you will get it straightened out. My magnet oops is the magnetic screen door I tried making for the camper doorway. I put that on hold about 5 yrs ago because it was for Sugar and she couldn't camp anymore. But it wasn't going well. I don't even know what happened to it. I didn't use strong enough magnets, for starters, plus the shape of the door just made the whole thing not work right. Friday I bought a new magnetic screen door to try again next spring. I hope I don't ruin it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

R- that is gorgeous yarn. The afghan are going to be amazing.

Where did the day go? I’ve done precious little.

SD - I like pea soup. I hope yours turns out well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I liked the pea soup. I'll make it again. It's a big batch so we'll be eating it a few days.