2019 Stash Management - Page 159
Page 159 of 175 FirstFirst ... 59109149156157158159160161162169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2611
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I want to work on cross stitch but have such a poor arrangement in my recliner. Chester likes to sit with me and I know his time is limited now, so I want to sit with him, too. Of all the cats we will miss him most. I just took his pic and he didn't wake up, but started to purr. His nickname has always been Purrbox because he purrs so often and so easily.
    2019 Stash Management-20191111_195417_1573523679135.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jettsmom - I'm sure gd will appreciate the quilt, because you put all that work into it.

I'm glad you all like the yarns. I'm making two afgans, one with each type. They're both going to be light and soft, which makes them great for cool weather. I think they'll be good in winter, if I pile them on.

SD - glad the pea soup worked out. I'm thinking of picking up a pea soup mix from the local Heavenly Ham store. The store also sells ham bones (as well as bone-in, spiral sliced hams) to use in the mixes. Of course, if I do make it, I'll have a lot left over and will likely need to put some in the freezer.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD, what an adorable kitty. I see he is a good lap warmer. Our cats are happy to have us back. They keep chirping at us, and last night I had both girls curled up on me while we watched a movie at home. And of course, being 10F outside has nothing to do with that.

I wish DH liked split pea soup but he does not. He has some very unkind things to say about it. It is definitely better with ham, IMO. I did recently make a red lentil and carrot soup which he had no complaints over, though.

It is bright and sunny and the cat dos not have to be at the vet for her shot until 3pm, so I am going to leave the housework for a rainy day and work on crafts or sewing today.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The new table cloth is hemmed. That is the piece of cream with gold foil leaves I bought just before our trip. Probably all I will get done today. It is not perfect but neither would anything I bought be. I have two more zip pouches but I'm out of fusible interfacing so a trip to JA is needed. I prefer to avoid them this time of year, oh well. Just need half a yard, so I hope the cutting table line is not long.

Came across this textile piece, it is a pillow cover. I never used it because it does not go with anything in my living room, but it is interesting so I kept it. I'm now eyeing it as potential purse fabric. I'm still searching for the perfect small purse. I have a pattern for a small laptop or tablet bag that I haven't tried yet. Ironically, I forgot to take one of my small bags with me to Florida to use at the beach. Had to buy one in a gift shop.

Have just about enough time to enjoy a cup of tea before wrangling the cat into her carry box.

2019 Stash Management-img_20191112_134357048.jpg
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ren, I bet the sodium is sky-high in a pea soup mix, especially if you buy broth. If it makes a big batch, you could probably make a half batch pretty easily instead. I just used a couple 8 oz bags of diced ham, added right before serving so the flavor didn't all cook out.

I bet your kitties are happy to have you home, CH. Try JA early in the morning to avoid the rush.

I saw a drawer mod I might try on the new serger table file drawer. It's a genius mod that involves removing the upper section of the drawer back, so the top tray can slide out the back when the drawer is open. That way, the top tray utilizes all the space, instead of only half. I like it. I could use that entire huge drawer for thread cones. Or something. I'm having trouble thinking of what to put in that drawer in its current form. No matter what I think of, it would leave a lot of wasted space at the top. Will have to see if it would work for thread.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for the reminder to check the sodium content, SD. I haven't picked the mix up yet but it's definitely soup season! Then again, I tend to make my own and don't add extra salt. The most I do is a bullion cube or two to a relatively large amount of water and that's the extent of the salt/sodium, other than what's in the cans of tomatoes if I use those.

Got some more work done on my car WIP. One of my neighbors works for a clinic at a hospital so I may pass some stash-busting lapgans to her for people at her work. I don't care if the employees end up with them, either.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don’t know what our low was last night but the forecast guessed 21. That just ain’t right!

Today I should be able to get past the half way point on the first robin page. It’s all thanks to the big solid areas of background. I’m getting to a mildly confetti area though so it will slow down.

I am resolutely ignoring the growing entropy in the house to keep stitching, but I think I will have to give in and wash some dishes today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The day started out sunny but clouded up fast. Thought about working on my quilt but decided to string some bead earrings as a gift for my cat sitter. Spent a while looking for the ear hooks. Then digging through the box of loose beads (in baggies). Then digging through beads in floss boxes. And back to the loose beads.... Went to etsy for inspiration, got a few ideas. Ok, so now I know what I want to do, and my head pins are too short. Adding those to my JA shopping list for tomorrow.

Looked in the JA flyer, all interfacing is 60% off starting tomorrow. It's going to be dry and slightly warmer, too.

Spent some time cleaning up. A couple of the deck/house plants have died, so the pots went back outside for the winter. Some of the plants needed trays under them so they could be watered, got those out of the garage. DH left some bonsai pots on the landing this summer, put those away. Cleaned the glass bowl of one of the living room lamps. It had about half an inch of dust in it and... a blank envelope? No wonder it wasn't giving off much light. I thought we had lost a bulb.

Guess I'm not sewing today, beads all over the table. No sense cleaning that up just so I can get it out again in a day or two. I'll find a book or something.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It is cold here.

2019 Stash Management-img_20191113_124447764_1573684662823.jpg
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was just informed DfG is phasing out solo sewists. If I want to continue sewing for them, I have to join a group. The nearest group is in Duluth, 110 miles. I've contacted them several times and never gotten a response. The next closest group is in GR, 120 miles. Dealing with those kids turned into an exercise in frustration for an assortment of reasons. Once bitten, twice shy. It's too far to go on a regular basis anyway. So I guess I am done, as soon as I finish up current inventory. I'm sure I will stop crying sometime.

Just when I thought this week couldn't suck any more.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That's terrible, SD. You've done so much work for them. I wonder how it will affect participation in the long run, when only people in big cities can help. I'm so sorry.

Which reminds me, I have quilt guild on Monday and need to prep something to work on. I will have to try Friday if I can get past the bead project. DH and I already have plans for Friday eve and all day Saturday. Sunday is going to be a catch-up day. There goes the week.

In other exciting news, I washed out my old college backpack. DH was using it for a while when we traveled, but he has a new one with more pockets. I'm not sure when we used mine last. It was full of sand and stiff as a board. Maybe one of the cats peed on it. Anyway, hope it is clean now. Other than being a little crusty it is in great shape, no tears, working zippers.

Kathy, that's a pretty photo. Stay warm.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks. CH. I'm still in shock. I understand why they're doing it. It's an attempt to increase quality control. Having worked with volunteers myself, I can just about imagine some of the stuff they must get shipped to them by people who mean well but don't have skills, don't follow guidelines, think because it's for poor people it doesn't matter, etc. But it sucks for me and others like me.

Hope the backpack comes out clean and decrusted.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry for the bad news SD.
    I have some wool remnants hemmed up that can be used as table runners. A nice-sized red one can be used as-is. I recycled white cotton lace from a top sheet and pressed it, I'll attach the lace to the sides of the narrower hunter-green piece.

I polished some of the silver last night, gotta make it all shiny.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks. I'm trying to look on the bright side. I now have about 50 yds of fabric to use for quilts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I’m really sorry SD. I know that project meant a lot to you. I hope you can find something else to inspire you.