2019 Stash Management - Page 161
Page 161 of 194 FirstFirst ... 61111151158159160161162163164171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2906
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD - Isn't it funny how things can be so upsetting and then turn and work out? I am happy that you are able to
    keep going with this project. It did seem to be dear to your heart and helpful to the girls. You will figure out your
    new system. You have a knack for it.

Hadnt thought about Peanut for a log time. Wonder how her journey is going?

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Second pair of earrings. First pair had blue venetian beads, otherwise identical. Just noticed one of the blue turquoise beads is smaller than the other, so I will have to take it apart and fix it. Thought I photographed the necklace. Oh well, maybe tomorrow. I put fray check on the knots and am letting it dry before I wear it.

2019 Stash Management-img_20191115_143119014_burst000_cover.jpg
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

C H Those are pretty earrings.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nicely done, CH.

I've been obsessing about sewing machine carry cases lately, searching Pinterest for a good DIY, thinking about how I could make some kind of bag. I really like the suitcase I bought for my machine, but I can't lay it down if we're on a long trip due to lack of space, and can't put anything taller than 21" standing up in the truck. I love the laptop case I used on our last trip, but it's about an inch too short and doesn't protect the thread spindle and bobbin winder on the top. I worried about it the whole trip. I wanted something with hard sides and top to keep it all safe. There's not much out there. I finally remembered the folding file crate I bought for moving my serger. It's 18" tall. Check. All hard sides. Check. Will probably fit in the space available in the packed truck. Check. Has space for accessories and some supplies. Check. Already has designated storage in the sewing room. Check. Not a project. Check. Looking more like a winner, so I dragged out the machine. Perfect fit, except I didn't like that the fragile parts on top were even with the top of the box. Then I thought about the bed extension I made for it. Tried that. Half inch too long. Grrr. Light bulb came on. Slid it down outside the padded liner I made for the box instead of inside. Perfect, like I planned to put it in that space when I cut it. Yea! I had a 2" pad in the bottom of the box, so I rummaged through the cushion stash and swapped that for 1", which adds an inch of clearance at the top. So that obsession is over, luckily. No money spent, no additional storage space needed, very little work or time involved in making it work. It should work well for dragging the machine to DfG sewing events.

I think I will like sewing at DfG groups. They have people for everything, so I don't think I'd have to do anything but sew. Others could do the trimming and turning, which would really boost productivity. Can't wait to see what all happens. I've wanted to sew with a group for so long.

Here's the folding, rolling file case. I don't think it shows up much on the pic, but the bed extension is against the front wall. It's exactly even with the top edge and just fits in the length, too. I was all set to cut it down, but glad I don't have to.
    2019 Stash Management-20191115_175227_1573864162439.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am so envious! Someone on a cross stitch group just posted that she bought a bolt end of Aida 18 on eBay for $3 plus $12 shipping. She expected maybe 1.5 yards. It turned out to be 32” wide and 6 yards long. As someone commented, she should go buy a lottery ticket!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

How much does that Brother machine weigh? I cannot imagine dragging an old Singer around.
    Dad-sitting tomorrow. Clean, oil and lube the old Singer 401. It would be nice to have a running machine at dad's house. Otherwise knitting and library books.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Six yds of 18 aida would last me forever. I don't use it much because it's hard for me to see.

Amazon says my little Brother weighs 12.6 lbs. I was going to guess 10. I can lift it easily with one hand. I got mine at WM. It's been a good little machine and as picky as I am as a loyal Viking/Husqvarna owner, I've been happy with it. I think I paid around $100 for it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Amazon has that machine for $85.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spirit sounds like the perfect fit now w the new group and changes. think sometimes they get someone running groups or taking charge of a part that shouldn't so things don't run well. I don't know peanut. I was on the dollar stretcher for years but I know what you mean.. there are lots of people there I chatted to for years that now gone. some here but others had stopped posting before. one passed away shortly be fore it closed. he said he was going to close it down at one point, kept it open and then said no down at this date and then did it before then no notice. think he was just upset that the forums was the only part that was active.

thanks ch! those are beautiful earrings. I looked and they said they were going to get more in but will see what dd thinks first before spending the money. we need to actually do something with all the stuff we have!

I had kept some scrunchies and bows from the 80/90s and gave to dd years ago. my hair is too short. now that they are back a way to use up bit of yarn and quick project like 20mins for one.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The rolling file looks like a good fit, SD. Some of the quilt guild ladies use similar carts for the sewing bee. I had looked at getting a machine case, too but did not see any good options. The ones I saw at JA were cheap and flimsy. Some I saw online were more sturdy looking, but expensive. My biggest challenge is getting it up and down the stairs. At the sewing site I only have to go a few steps from the parking lot to the building, so I'm not sure I need it just yet. And nowhere to store it when not in use.

$3 is a great price for anything more than a yard. What a find!
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH, I've used a Magna Cart for my 990, yrs ago. It worked well. We keep one in the camper for hauling water, so when I saw one at a sale for $4 I bought it for the house so the camper one can stay there.
    Magna Cart Personal 150 lb Capacity Aluminum Folding Hand Truck (Black/Red) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HVVSDU..._hH-ZDbJ9CGPRB

I agree the carriers seem flimsy. Way overpriced for as cheaply made as they are, IMO. Also, no place to store one here. I also could not find one big enough for my 990, which isn't an overly large machine. My file box folds to about 3" thick and stores behind my quilt cabinet. The liner and 2 duffels I have for carrying supplies sit on top of it. The handles on the duffels slip over the file handle when in use. I can stack them if need be. My 990 would not fit in the file box, and my Brother is an exact fit with no extra space. I got lucky there.

I found a toiletry bag last night that should work out nicely for organizing my sewing tools and machine accessories. It's a good fit in the box, with space left for my thread tin and machine mat. That fills the box, but I need to make different legs for my bed extension. I don't like the ones I made from cans and they won't fit in the box. If the plan I'm cooking up for the new ones works out, I think I could squeeze them in. Here's the extension as it is now. I do like it, so need to figure out how to make room for it.
    2019 Stash Management-20181021_191737_1573908104367.jpg

I bought one of those flexible stick-on sewing machine lights for my new serger. Not sure I can make it work, but I'm impressed with how bright it is. I bought just one because I was so skeptical, but have a few places I wouldn't mind adding one. For sure, I want one in my travel machine. Bad lighting is almost a given in meeting rooms, and it's too fatiguing and a headache maker for me. I'd love it if I don't have to haul a desk lamp along.
    HONEYSEW Sewing Machine LED Light Strip Light Kit 11.75inch DC5V Flexible USB Sewing Light 30cm with Touch Dimmer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TVCH5XQ..._Jf.ZDbMSASXFM

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don’t mind 18 count in a light color. That’s what the robin is on. I can manage a darker one, but it’s pretty miserable. Black, navy - nope. Unless it’s something very small. I worked all yesterday afternoon and last night and got the robin confetti section done. Hours for part of one leaf. What was I thinking?The rest of the page is background and will go quickly. I would like to finish it this weekend but there is probably too much of it left to do that. After that I think I’ll go back to the Noel. It’s on 18 too. The sparkly doesn’t come in 16. Or 123 Stitch doesn’t have it. I have enough of it for the Yule goat too. I don’t know if I could finish both of those before Christmas but I might try.

I’m starting to think about goals for next year. So many WIPs, so many patterns and kits! 2020 is going to be the year of Serious Cross Stitch.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD, I have seen people use these, too. https://www.amazon.com/Mac-Sports-Co...dp/B00BUUUIGK/ They are larger, and some people bring a lot of stuff. I take my machine and one over the shoulder tote bag.

DC, relax and enjoy your stitching. No need to feel you have to finish it right away. I've always felt hand work should be done leisurely.

Going to pack up bead stuff today and get ready to sew. May not actually get any sewing done, as we are meeting friends at 2pm.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like a lot of progress to get you off to a fast start, D.

CH, I wouldn't have room for a folding wagon either. I can see where it makes sense for some though. I like my file box for now. I'll have to see how it works out in practice. The truck box has hard covers, so the vertical space is a limiting factor for me. I like duffels for supplies because they can be squished into tight spaces where a hardside container might not work.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have in to another kit. It’s a disease. I love the gray, red, and green. It’s from Lithuania and is already in Chicago, but I probably won’t attempt it this year unless it’s smaller than I remember.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/6887830...=yr_purchases#

Someone in a cross stitch group just pointed out that collecting stash and stitching are two completely different hobbies. I need to turn that into a sampler.

CH - I’m not pushing too hard on the project. I didn’t intend to do all that yesterday but once I got into it, I just kept going. However I’m dialing back my ambition for how much I hope to get done next year.

I think giving myself permission to totally ignore all the other things I still want to eventually do, like the embroidery, and just cross stitch for as long as I want to, pretending the rest doesn’t exist, has made a difference. That’s given me mental space to start these big projects. Also finally joining a couple of big Facebook cross stitch groups is motivating. It keeps the energy alive. However I do need to spend less time looking at their stuff and spend more time on mine - lol.