2019 Stash Management - Page 164
Page 164 of 175 FirstFirst ... 64114154161162163164165166167174 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 2612
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

lovely necklace ch! way to go spirit! that is a lot of period pads. I think that is nice share the kits you don't want. wool just seems to attract pet hair!

the scrunchies I made were single stitch to cover elastic and then 4 dble stitch in each single stitch which make the ruffle. got it from ravelry. yes I remember yarn covered hangers have a bunch that my mil and her sister did out of that ribbon phentex lol not that you can get it anymore. they last forever. though that bernat home yarn seems similar. I have the ones she gifted me and I had taken the ones she had in the closet after she passed but they smelled way too much of rotten old perfume even after a few weeks outside so off to the thrift store.

haven't done much crafting except buying. really just errands, work etc. and running into grumpy old men. so many books too from library too feast or famine!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD - I like that pattern to. It has a lot of movement, begging the eye to follow it. Nicely designed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Best is it would be so simple to do. It caught my eye the same time the diamond runner did, but in the interest of time I need something easy. I decided on only one border, too. I picked out fabric and it's waiting to be washed. I hope to start cutting later today. Gotta figure out how many squares I need. Shouldn't be hard. It should be a fun project, I hope.

Did the trimming and turning on all 50 shields last night, so I'm a day ahead. Goal today is at least 25 liners serged and 25 shields done, plus step 1 done on at least 25 more so I can trim and turn this evening. With the ideas I thought of to make bag construction quicker, I'm looking forward to getting started on those. Have to finish liners and shields first, or at least shields. I have some more flannel for liners to make up, too, so should do that soon. Maybe I'll put off the runner till tomorrow.

Another busy day. I like that because I don't have time to think about food.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Last night I ran out of enthusiasm to do anything, but finally made myself finish sorting through the patterns. I have them by categories in zippered pouches and I consolidated some of those to free up the pouches for other uses. So thatís a little progress.

I asked the neighbor not to come yesterday evening. I just didnít feel like dealing with it. Maybe on her next day off.

Iím still thinking about cross stitch goals for next year. Right now Iím considering one page a month on the trees or robin, alternating. Then blocking the year in quarters. Each quarter one of the Christmas present kits and one other kit. I would like to start working through those since they take up more room to store than my patterns. If I get all that done, work on some of the WIPs or some small patterns to start using up the small cuts if fabric.

Then that will all fall apart because the older I get the less well I handle regimented plans. Still, itís a good plan, working on some bigger projects but with some flexibility. The Christmas kits are the only must do part.

Between now and the end of the year Iím going to focus more on the scarves. I really need to keep whittling down the yarn stash.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I bought this last night. It looks like something I could finish in a few years.

https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/666...d&odnBg=ffffff

There is another kit, smaller, with a cat, but pic is so bad I won't share it yet. Also put bids down on two "refurbished" kits, seller has added new thread to old instructions. If I win those I'll be set for life.

Not doing much today, still sore. Taking it easy and enjoying the sunny, 65 degree day.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Didn't think I had much flannel left for liners, but I sewed up as much as I could and then cut them. I got 97. Those will need to be serged, but that's good because it's the best way to test the new serger and maybe get rid of the smell, and learn to sew curves on it. I think I have a total of 172 of those to serge yet.

I got my 25 shields done up to topstitching. That should take less than an hour. But Chester had a really bad seizure that involved him falling off a chair. Now he just wants to sit with me and be loved, so of course no sewing will be happening till he feels better. Priorities.

The Christmas runner fabric is still waiting to be washed. Thanks for your input, CH.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I finished my shoe cuff. Well one of them anyway. The second one is almost finished.

It is hard to see the whole thing while I am wearing it. So I took a picture of it on and one of it by itself. Then another picture showing it unbuttoned. The crochet edging goes all the way around the top, but it gets a little hidden by the fur.

2019 Stash Management-img_20191120_171612829_1574288710537.jpg
    2019 Stash Management-img_20191120_171708256_1574288728895.jpg
    2019 Stash Management-img_20191120_171845842_1574288742527.jpg
    KathyB

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That looks very cosy, Kathy.

SD, you're really zipping through that flannel. Sorry to hear about Chester, hope he is dong well this evening.

I didn't do much today. Made myself rest. DH has another cold. Thank goodness for made-ahead chili in the freezer and boxed corn muffin mix.

I opened up the package with the dragon quilt fabric. It is for a twin-size. I did some calculations for making it queen-size, ~20" wider, and ordered 3 more yards of fabric online. That is extra border and yardage to add to the sides. I may also rearrange the blocks and/or panels around the sides. Have not finalized that yet. Wanted to be sure I have enough fabric before it gets sold out everywhere.
    Stop trying to organize all of your familyís crap. If organization worked for you, youíd have rocked it by now. Itís time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Chester is himself again, luckily. He has a seizure about every 3 wks. Poor boy.

Those look warm, Kathy.

Good thing you looked at the quilt kit before it was too late, CH.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Kathy - Those should definitely keep your feet warmer.

I haven’t accomplished a lot today. I spent a lot of time online shopping. I got some ideas. Ordered some gift card boxes and a couple of books. I’ll order the gift cards next week. I want to be home when they are delivered to the mailbox. That will about do Christmas. I’m not finished with the crochet baskets after all. I forgot I ran out of yarn a couple of rows from the end of one. I ordered it but by the time it came I was so tired of crocheting them I just left it. It will probably take 15 or 20 minutes to finish. After that I think I will haul out the sewing machine and make some large bags to hold them. I have lots of fabric I can use. Or maybe not.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Chugging along with the gray afgan for myself. I did find a hole where the yarn seems to have been weak. I'll stitch it up with some extra yarn once I'm finished the whole afgan off. I'm debating on whether or not I need one more skein to finish it. I have the extra yarn but I think I probably won't use it. The afgan's long enough for the most part and I'll probably get too frustrated now that I have the end in sight.

I think the wool afgan is next in the queue. Those will just be lapgans so they'll go a lot faster than the gray afgan. I think I'll work on finishing up the other WIP I already have before I start anything else. Well, except for the vamp afgan. That can wait until spring since it will take time, much like the gray afgan. And if I do start other projects, I can go through my stash and not go to Joanns or Michaels. Both those stores are in strip malls with annoying parking lots, which get worse during the holiday season.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My neighbor wanted 14 count which made me happy. I seldom use it anymore except for blackwork so getting it back with kits cleared some of it from the stash.

I know I sound terminally undecided but I am still feeling my way with these big full coverage projects. I’m giving the trees a re-start. I had started them on 16, but 18 is really the way to go for me on them. I also planned to frame them, but I’m just not willing to spend that much. I had started the trees on gray, just because I had it in the stash and if it was framed none of it would show. If not framed, it will. So I will start again on 18 cream or white. The page I had done was a partial page at the bottom so it’s not as much lost as it could be. That will also save quite a bit of floss.

So the tree pattern is essentially an unstarted project. Because of that I may switch to one of my raven patterns. It’s smaller, 12 pages instead of 20, and it would be nice to get one of these done in a reasonable time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have 3 rows left to add to the quilt. The top is almost done. Now to figure out what to do for the backing. I'll see what I have and piece something together. I'm sure dgd will love it. Then to start on a quilt for the other dgd. Hers won't have all the squares. It will be mostly strips with a square here and there to make it big enough. It just takes too much time to cut and then sew it all together. I just don't have the time I'd like to spend on it, plus I want to use up what I have. It's time to downsize my fabric stash. Trying to make some other things for Christmas. I think I'm going to do some quilted coasters for ds & ddil. They just moved into a new house, so maybe they'll like it. If not, whatever. I'm thinking I might try some soup bowl cozies and potholders. I'll see what I have time for. If I don't get to it this year, I'll start working for next.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Everyone sounds busy and productive.

I finished up and bagged 50 liners, and finished 50 shields. Those were all done over several days. A bag holds 50 liners or 100 shields, so it takes longer to do a bag of shields not just because each bag is twice as many, but each one takes a lot longer. I also have 50 shields at 2 different stages of completion. I hope to finish those tomorrow, maybe. My suitcase is filling up!

My new serger has quit.☹️☹️☹️☹️ It appears the foot control is broken. I don't know if that's related to the bad smell or not. It doesn't seem like it would be. So we have to take that back. Fortunately it's still under warranty. I hope my great deal doesn't turn out to be a lemon. I'm just starting to like it. So that brings working on the liners to a halt, because I need to have lots to do during the warranty period and the liners are a good test for the serger.

We got 9" of snow overnight. So far power outages haven't been too disruptive, fortunately. I hope we can take the serger in soon, but it might be a few days. Our driveway isn't even plowed out yet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD that's annoying about the serger. Does stuff like that happen often?
    Jettsmom sounds good you are getting close to finishing the 1st top.
    Got JoAnn ads in the mail today. They have me on lists under both married and maiden name, so I got a large and a small flyer. Realize I need to get busy if I want to justify buying anything at the sales. I recently bought a skein of yarn and have only made 1 hand warmer from it so far. Tonight need to finish hand sewing the lace onto table runner and figure where to use it.