2019 Stash Management - Page 166
Page 166 of 194 FirstFirst ... 66116156163164165166167168169176 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 2906
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Going to tackle the house today. Today is - boo!! Hiss!! - kitchen day. I have to stay with the boring job until it’s done. Even the refrigerator. Tomorrow is the living room because I can’t stand it any more. Then the rest. Ok. I know we’re all laughing at this point, but that’s the plan.

Little Girl just came over to pick up my old faded threadbare lap quilt I’m donating to their dogs, both elderly rescues who will enjoy it, and she asked if she could get “one of those things you push the thread through the needle with.” Ah. Needle threaders. I have a bunch I randomly picked up on eBay, the old fashion flimsy wire kind. I got them for about a penny each. I sent all of them since I never use them. I asked her which one her mom was starting and got a not very helpful reply. The one with the biggest holes. They all have 14, though some probably have more prominent holes in the weave. It later occurred to me that most of the kits coming out of China have 11 count and that may be what she had done before in the Philippines.

While I’m on such a stash building binge, and starting to use a lot of 18 count, I ordered a yard of my favorite color, a very light cool gray, from 123 Stitch ($$$) and a yard of cream from Amazon (only $$). That finishes off the fabric stash. I also added a little pattern on sale for a biscornu- that I had never heard of until a flood of patterns started appearing. I got the next lot neighbor or a book to go with the bags, so I needed something for the mother. She sews, so I’ll make it for her for a pin cushion. If I’m smart enough to figure out how to sew it together.

https://www.123stitch.com/item/Tiny-...attern/18-2495

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That's a very fancy pincushion, it will make a lovely gift.

I was out with friends most of the day and haven't done anything. My extra dragon/fire fabric came today. I haven't checked it yet, will do that tomorrow during daylight. 2nd stitch kit was supposed to be delivered, but now it says delayed.... not that I can do anything, my hands and wrists are swollen up again.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH - I hope your hands improve soon. Lots of quilts to make!

I finished the kitchen except for sweeping the floor and clearing out some disgusting containers in the fridge. I was out of any place to dry more dishes so I’ll do that and the floor in the morning.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks, DC. Hope your kitchen is sparkling clean tomorrow. I've been laying on the anti-inflammatories, but I think I've been sitting too much, too. Some rest is good, too much rest makes me even stiffer and more sore. I've missed the gym all month.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope things improve for you soon, CH. Frustrating, especially with new fun stuff to play with.

Good going on the housework, D. It's always a good feeling of accomplishment, at least for the 8.6 seconds it lasts. Beautiful pincushion. Any sewist would love to have one on her table.

It took me till 9 PM, but I made my 50 shield quota. I hate errands. It just takes too long and accomplishes too little, while disrupting the entire day. But I'm set up for the morning. I can't seem to do math correctly lately, but I think I will have 75 shields left after Sunday's 50. Weather doesn't look good for a road trip Monday, so maybe I can push myself to do all 75 in one day just to be done with them. Unless I've miscounted yet again. I can't believe how much I've gotten done in the past 10 days or so.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jettsmom - Joann shipping is $2.99 today with coupon code.
    Saturday I finished hand warmers and knit about 4" on the hat. The hat usually takes about a week. Watched a Hallmark Christmas movie. Dad insists on informing everyone that the TV is NOT HIS and he doesn't know where it came from and prefers it not be used. (It's one of my brother's.) Also he needed emergency trip to the bathroom right at good part of the movie. Sigh.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD - on here at 3 a.m.? We could have chatted. I was thinking of going to bed about then. I keep trying to get back to a sensible schedule, but I worked evenings too many years. That, added to my natural night owl rhythm, it’s hopeless. I really need to just give up and go with it.

I didn’t do anything last night except mess about on the internet. I was just too tired to stitch. It’s time to get some breakfast and get started on the house again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I drank a can of diet 7-Up around 9 and apparently it has caffeine in it. I didn't get to sleep till around 4. Now I'm exhausted. Lesson learned.

Still sewing, though slowly. 25 done so far. I should get another 25 done today. Then I can bag up another 100 for the suitcase. I'll still have 75 to do. I can't decide if I should do all 75 at once or another 50 then 25, or 25 for 3 days. 25 per day would probably work best, given the food prep and holiday and serger return this week. I would still be able to finish no later than Friday, I think. My hands and wrists would appreciate a reduced schedule, given the RSI kicking up again. Gotta watch that since I want to continue avoiding surgery.

It's a productive day so far, but lunch break is over.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

didn't do much yesterday except watch shows w dh.. kids activities too. today craft show, groceries for scouts. library and potluck dinner xmas for ds sport. got 8 doz cookies for it from local bakery good ones and cheap. stressed crocheted a bunch of scrunchies. my friend is selling at craft show so will bring her a hat. she gave hers to son and I had another out of similar yarn.

so sending ds down to rake leaves at grandmas and will take her to other library later. will do more crocheting later. will get dd to help pack the armpit fudge for scouts. figure icing sugar is too messy for little ones to do ..they can add flavouring. i will put the butter, cream cheese and icing sugar in the baggies. they can add the vanilla and cocoa if they want.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Beautiful 60F afternoon. We should be putting up christmas lights outside, but we're both tired already. Opened windows and put houseplants in the sun.

The dragon fabric order looks correct. Will need to find a project box to store that until I get to it.

It sounds like SD is doing enough sewing for several of us.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got the trimming and turning done on the second 25 shields today, but I'm just too tired to topstitch. I would consider that a failure if I hadn't gotten so many done in such a short time already. Didn't I hear myself say I only needed to do 10 per day to finish in time? Not 50? I might lose the reputation I've worked so hard to cultivate of not being an overachiever.

Saw a moving story about a boy who is severely colorblind and just got special glasses to correct that. Turns out he's from Husby's little tiny hometown in SW MN. Cool.

Sounds like we're supposed to get about 3" tonight into tomorrow morning. I hope the roads will be all right by Tuesday so we can take the serger in. If not, I have plenty to do here.

I bought poster board to make templates for the DfG bags, so I can just lay the template on top the bag fabric, flip the casing over the template, and press to mark it. Should be lots quicker than measuring and marking each one and then pressing. Also need another smaller template so I can lay that over and quickly mark where the label goes, instead of having to measure. I'd like to make more bags, but they're so tedious following the actual instructions. I'm looking forward to testing some ideas after the shields are all done and packed away. I hope to streamline the whole process. Then they'd be fun to make.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My mom mentioned she wished she had a wren house to hang from her garage. Since she's hard to buy for because she doesn't need or want much, this little tidbit was good news. I rooted around on Pinterest for about 3 minutes and found this:
    https://pin.it/sai6h56sbznusj
    So simple even I should be able to do it. Shouldn't take long, and I have everything except threaded rods. I'm going to make 2. Husby shoveled a path to the junk rack behind the cabin so I could find the PVC for them and get that cut while it was warm. I guess that means the project is officially started. The timing is nice so I can pick up the threaded rod when we take the serger.

Still have to make the table runner, too. The deadline I set is a week from Wednesday to get it in the mail. I plan to start it Saturday whether I'm done with shields or not. I'm hoping it won't take too long. Shouldn't.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, I won both auctions for the refurbished stitch kits. They are small, 5 or 7". That should be enough for years to come.

DH wants to have dinner before the movie tomorrow, so I need to get across town before rush hour. Sounds like a good excuse to do some shopping during the afternoon. I'll try and work on pinwheels in the morning. I need to get away from this puzzle. Enjoying it immensely, but I'm sure that sitting for hours hunched over it is part of my pain problem right now. One of the things I want to find is some Sambar, a very spicy Indian soup mix. It's kind of like instant vegetable broth, with a kick. I love it in the winter.

Weather is supposed to be nice for a couple of days, then.... something, not sure yet if it will rain or snow. We could get either this time of year.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't know what it's doing here, but the plows have been going by. Not a good sign. Wish we could have taken the serger today, but it doesn't matter much. I expect to have to leave it there if it needs a new motor. That will mean a 7th 100 mile round trip because of serger issues since June.

That's interesting that people are refurbing kits to sell. What a good idea!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finished my green wool-blend afgan last night. I probably could've done another skein (or at least half of one) but I had enough. It's long enough anyway. I did find a couple small holes in it where it seemed the thread was weak and then broke. Those got stitched up. So it's ready for use. Yay!!

Now I can focus on getting the wool lapgans done. Those should go fairly quickly because they're lapgans and I'm using worsted weight yarn (rather than the sock/fingering weight). I have another acrylic lapgan started as well that has been sitting around for some time. I think I'll focus on the wool lapgans to give to my friend. The acrylic one will go to my neighbor to bring to her job for donations.