2019 Stash Management - Page 168
Page 168 of 194 FirstFirst ... 68118158165166167168169170171178 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 2906
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't know if any of you are following the Ritas Quilt saga, but here's a linky:
    https://quiltmuseum.org/the-quilters...s/ritas-quilt/
    If you don't know the story, break out the Kleenex before you read it. I've been following Shannon on Twitter for a while now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

There are a few AC Moore's here but JoAnn and Michaels are closer. I went a few times when I got GCs for taking surveys. I liked that they had a box for donating handmade items, I have not seen that in other places.
    I am in the decreasing rows for the hat crown so expect to finish in 1-2 days. More hand-warmers after that. I wore one of my knitted shawls today and got compliments. Maybe I will do another one in that size & pattern.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

no ac moore here just michaels. there is one hl across the border that I go to sometimes because they have craft kits for kids we don't have here. but they aren't open sundays. now that michaels is sending all the black friday sales emails here... plus everyone else. but did a bunch of online shopping xmas shopping buying handmade things from a home business like totes, dinner cozies etc. and avon yesterday too. can't resist the marked down dresses etc got a dressy top and 2 dresses for me. $47 total plus taxes. got ds pjs too cheaper then store.

stopped writing cus cat whining to go back out and then didn't want too.. don't know if they didn't like food or too cold not my problem. bunch of crows waiting for food old moldy bagels I threw out last night for raccoons.. so opened a pack of little smokies and threw out some for them. lots waiting so must be cold. then seagulls showed up so threw out the half loaf of bread that was starting to mold for them. opened curtains and discovered other cat had barfed over the window sill. too early for all this! was up early too. second coffee time.

internet went out when I was on the site yesterday and dh had to spend hours w co.. they tried to pull fast one ..was their problem .he said the hold music was music announcement, buzz click to make look like you had been disconnected and then when you didn't hang up music would quietly start up again. he works w computers so doesn't work w him. kids twitchy without it lol esp ds.

me..watched my shows..not used to having no one bugging me every 5 mins so just made more scrunchies. don't know what I will do with them all. did pack up some for xmas game at moms group today. getting windy out there. need to visit friend too she fell and dislocated her hip monday afternoon. going home today.

need to work on xmas present instead of scrunchies.. just they use up end bits of yarn and satisfying quick results. have a wreath of scrunchies now. 2019 Stash Management-wreathofscrunchies.jpg

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am really curious what a refurbished stitch kit is. I just can't picture it.

I have not really done much lately craft wise, but still feeling okay about it. I am having a rough time with the office reorganization. It has been pretty crazy around here. So I am really just focusing on getting through the transition bit.

I did a little bit of mending this weekend. I did some on my stuffed chameleon. However, when I went to turn it inside out the head shape looked off. I realized I had sewn it together wrong.

I want to do a little something Christmassy....
    Maybe some tiny embroidery snowflakes.

I have not bought anything from a brick and mortar craft store for a long time. Most of the stores I buy from just sell online. I wonder if online buying has contributed to the decline. On the other hand, it does seem like a lot of people on frugal village shop the actual stores.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finally, shields are done. That's at least 300 made in less than 2 wks. No wonder I'm tired. Plus a pile of liners. Here's where my suitcase goal is so far.
    2019 Stash Management-20191127_094227_1574872434334.jpg
    The remaining empty corner will be filled with another 150 liners. I'm hoping there will be room to squish in about 3 dz bags on the top. The whole works including the suitcase will eventually end up in El Salvador. I feel like I'm actually making progress now.

Today I have some food prep to do, in case we can leave home tomorrow. It's snowing like crazy right now. The storm was supposed to start last night but held off till 8 AM. Sounds like we're supposed to get 1-4 inches. Already have about 2".

Hope everyone stays warm and safe over the weekend. Happy Thanksgiving.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Kathy, the seller said she added new fabric and matched the floss colors to the old instructions. I will know in a few hours, it should arrive today.

I am going to work on christmas kitty for a bit and then put it aside for one of the other kits. The cardinal is on 14ct, much easier to see. Not sure about the other two yet.

One of my geraniums died. Too dry inside and not enough sun. Two more are hanging on. DH is going to set up the garage grow lights this weekend and move plants down there. Not enough room in the living room window. We wrap steel shelving with saved bubble wrap to make it airtight, put in some old fish tank lamps and it's like a little greenhouse.

Almost done with the puzzle ~100 pieces left and they all more or less look the same: white with flecks of green and yellow leaves.

Congrats on finishing up your project SD!
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not quite done yet, CH, but thanks. Still have liners and bags. My serger is fixed already though. I figured it would be quick. They think the smell will just have to work itself out. With the forecast, I probably won't get it back at least till next week. That's okay.

Today is the day of not being able to find things. Hate that. Still have to cook chicken and make coleslaw for tomorrow. It's going to be a simple meal.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I just can’t get myself in gear to do anything today, but I need too. I want to finish the actual house cleaning, and then just have some craft clutter left to put away.

CH - why not just switch the fabric and do the kitty on 14 count? It will be the same size. When I first used 28 the problem wasn’t seeing the holes, but leaning to count over two threads instead of the aida blocks. That took some getting used too. If there are quarter stitches though, it makes them much easier.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DC, I will probably do that at some point. The used fabric store sells bits and pieces of it, I might be able to get a small piece of 14 ct. So far this morning I have done 10 stitches in an hour+, picked it out twice, and had to remove ~5 of the 25 stitches I got done last night because they were off by one thread.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Husby was just reading to me that the parent company of Michaels owns AC Moore and some other craft stores, so that would explain why Michaels might take over some of the other stores.

I'm proud of having successfully talked myself out of this:
    Masterforce®️ Rolling Tool Tote - 3 Piece at Menards https://www.menards.com/main/p-1553063454669.htm
    It's on sale this weekend for $60 and the biggest tote would probably fit my little sewing machine. That's the kind of arrangement I originally wanted for taking machines places, but I never thought about looking at tool totes. All the sewing machine versions were $110+ and not big enough even for my little machine, plus they didn't seem nearly as well made and sure didn't have all those great pockets. But after dithering a while, I decided I Iike my rolling file box well enough, it fits in the truck, it's paid for, I love how my recent setup worked out, and it folds down so small it's easy to store in my overstuffed sewing room. I might regret it later because the toolbox setup is soooooo nice, but I doubt it. Does this mean I can spend $60 on other fun sewing stuff I don't need? 😁

I can't seem to get any ambition today. It's been go, go, go sewing shields and it's nice to relax. I'm taking a snow day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That is a very nice rolling tote. I wish they had a pic of the inside and how it opens up. Not that I am going anywhere near the stores this weekend.

The kitty stitchery is put away and I got the new one out and ironed it. Got sidetracked having to clean up the sewing room when i went to look for my small hoop, one of the cats was in there yesterday and knocked a bunch of stuff down.

The puzzle is finished. We will admire and then break it down tonight or tomorrow. I plan to share it with a friend who likes puzzles.

Our forecast for tomorrow is rain/sleet/snow. Glad we are staying home.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The totes look like they zip open across the top. Most likely they have heavy wire that holds the top open.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The description says how many pockets are inside each tote, but of course not the shape of them. The totes are on sale through Monday at $60 (while supplies last). What concerned me is the 18" measurement on the big tote is most likely outside and includes the pockets sticking out. Not sure my little Brother would fit inside. It's tempting to try it, but since I don't have storage for it, must resist. I'm glad I really do like my file box and toiletry bag setup.

I dragged out a big folding Mountainsmith bag that might come in handy to haul DfG stuff. It's rectangular and I'm trying to figure out how to add a drawstring top to it. Could be interesting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks. If it has pockets inside then I probably can't get a sewing machine into it either. And like I said before, my biggest issue is going down stairs, not hauling it. Someday my bag will come.

My pie looks good. Never made a cherry pie from scratch before, but I used an Epicurious recipe and theirs are usually very reliable.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's possible inside pockets can be removed if they're just sewn in and not riveted. If riveted, they would have to be cut out. Which could be done neatly, probably. If the pockets were on the sides but not ends, it might work okay. You could take good measurements of your machine to the store and see if it looks workable. The bases on my travel machines are pretty narrow, which is why my littlest one fits in a laptop case, so my machines would fit into a narrower tote.

The description also says the 2 smaller totes fit inside the big one for storage.

I need to be careful or I'll talk myself into buying that thing yet. LOL