2019 Stash Management - Page 169
Page 169 of 194 FirstFirst ... 69119159166167168169170171172179 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 2906
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I had a hard time seeing it. First it came up without a picture. Then it made me choose a store. We don’t have them here and the closest to my zip was in Missouri, so I pretended I lived there. Went back to the page, still no picture. After randomly opening a few pages I went back and got the picture then. It is nice, but they obviously knew I wasn’t going to buy one and weren’t inclined to waste their pixels on me.

I’m taking a break. I got a lot done today but ended up doing a lot more in the bedroom than I intended and a couple of loads of laundry. If I work another hour and a half or so, I should be able to pretty much finish everything I wanted to. I will still have the craft clutter, but I can do that Friday. I made some extra space in a cabinet by bagging up my batting for the attic. I won’t be needing it for a long time. At least the house is clean(er), so next week I’ll settle in with thanksgiving leftovers for some heavy duty cross stitching.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

D, I wonder if the problems you had seeing the tool tote were because the link was for our local store and the site knew where your phone was. I don't know. Sounds like you put in a full day of work.

CH, are your quilt meetings held were there isn't handicap access? You should be able to avoid steps with your machine if meetings are in a public building. Are the steps in your house the problem? I'm guessing the tool totes might have decent wheels on them due to how heavy tools are, but I've been disappointed in stuff like that before.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH, I found this bag:
    Masterforce®️ 18" Rolling Tool Bag at Menards https://www.menards.com/main/p-1566455445903.htm
    It's not exactly like the set above, but it does show how the top opens, what the wheels look like, and some other details. Of course I don't know that the other bag is identical, but things like the wheels should be similar. The top opening looks like it's constructed the same. I love those wide mouth tool bags because they are held open by steel rods, so it's easy to load and unload them and look for stuff inside.

If the frame and wheels are the same, the weight limit is 60 lbs on the 3 piece set.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Happy Thanksgiving if you’re in the US! Happy Thursday if you’re not!

Yesterday I earned a holiday, but I got a lot of chores done that I’ve been neglecting. Today - nothing much.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got our meal all prepped and packed to take to Mom's. I couldn't do it yesterday because I was lazy, but there wasn't room in the fridge anyway.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks SD, that is another nice tote. I like that it has those 3 feet on the bottom front to stabilize it. DH has a large upright tool case that tends to tip forward because it only has a single foot. And he has ripped the handle off his trying to pull it up the stairs.

Oh, I just noticed the dimensions. It's 18" HIGH, that must include the handle, because it is 16.5" WIDE and no way is the body of that case taller than it is wide. I'd have to take measurements and see it in person before I bought it. I'll keep an eye out at home supply stores closer to me, too.

Yes, the quilt bee site is very accessible, single floor, straight flat walk from the parking lot. I only have to go about ten feet from car to front door. The issue is my stairs at home, they are a little steeper than normal, steps a bit on the shallow side. Different building codes back then.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH, maybe you could load your machine after it's up or down the stairs. My point about the second tote was that it probably has the same frame as the first one, for more detail about the first one. But Tote 2 might work as well or better than the first set. It's bigger. They all look well made, though it's hard to tell from a pic. Masterforce makes some nice tools for the price. Menards has 11% discounts quite often. I hope you can find something you like. Rolling toolboxes open up a whole new world. I was thinking this morning how women get ripped off when it comes to stuff like this. The 3 piece sewing totes are essentially the same as the 3 piece tool totes, but the tool totes are cheaper and so much better made. Not fair. I've noticed that kind of thing before.

Husby's making noise about a trip to Menards early tomorrow. I think he wants me to buy the tool totes. Apparently the new serger and desk aren't enough. Just in case, I took some measurements. The set would fit where I'm storing the little machine now, so I would have space in the sewing room, and the 2 smaller boxes stacked next to the big one in the truck would take about the same space as the file box, so that would probably work, too. I'm still undecided, so I'll leave it up to him. I probably wouldn't say no, unless the quality looks bad which I doubt it will.

I got the runner started! It's fun! I'm using the half square triangle method where you make an oversized square, draw a line from corner to corner, stitch 1/4" seams on each side of the lines on both lines of the X, then cut on both diagonal lines and 2 straight lines to cut the square in quarters. That makes 8 squares the size I need. Very quick. I made 2 big squares which made 16 little ones, and I'm probably half done with squares already. It's going to be pretty.
    Attachment 49839
    Close up view of prints.
    Attachment 49843
    I have some green for the border just to make it extra festive.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Stash Management-20191128_155153_1574980020628.jpg  

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I cannot get pics to work right on this site lately. Trying again...

2019 Stash Management-20191128_155118_1574980600213.jpg

2019 Stash Management-20191128_155153_1574980674652.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That does look cute & easy SD. I used the green wool & lace remnants runner today to set up the snacks table area for guests. Glad I made that, it will look nice at Christmas too. I will break out the Christmas place mats & napkins in a few weeks. I am close to finishing the knit hat, maybe tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fake fur pom-pom on a knitted hat - so cute.
    never mind, link does not work - but cute!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I just got home from a tasty and productive afternoon. I took the cactus picture that I did not like once it was finished. I seriously considered tossing it, but didn’t and stated a border on it. It didn’t enjoy putting more time into it, but figured if I was just sitting there talking with nothing else to do I would do it. I finally have the thing finished. I’ll put up a pic eventually when I get it trimmed and pressed.

Tonight I think I will clean numbers off a batch of floss bobbins. The sharpie goes away with rubbing alcohol. That’s about all I have energy for tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bought some beads at JoAnn to use re-stringing 2 necklaces. Also a skein of dusty pink yarn I thought was pretty for another hat & hand warmers. I should finish the current hat today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

*whew* Home again. I don't think we've ever done Black Friday before. Menards' parking lot was packed, of course. The people parked next to us had just emptied their cart when we pulled in, so they gave it to us or we'd have been waiting in the store for one. I headed straight for the tool tote set and it was love at first site. 🙂 I took the second to last one, so I was lucky. They opened at 6 and we got there about 7:15. We ran around like crazy through the crowd and gathered up the stuff we wanted. Got my mom a 6" electric skillet she's been wanting, and a 2 qt slow cooker I've been wanting for the camper, each $5 after rebates. We stuck pretty close to our list and spent $130. Almost half that was the tool totes, henceforth to be known as sewing bags. $10 will come back to us in rebates. The impulse items were pet toys and some snacks Husby picked up. Some of it was ordinary stuff like the under cabinet light that was out of stock last time. Overall, we didn't do anything crazy in the face of temptation. The only thing that was sold out was an air fryer cookbook, so I can't complain. The checkout line was probably 50-75 people long, but Menards did a great job keeping things moving efficiently, so the wait wasn't even that bad.

I absolutely love my new sewing bags! (So much for talking myself out of it. Husby is such a skilled enabler.) My machine fits nicely, plenty of room even with the wheel wells at the back corners of the tote. I can put the bed extension in the bag and it works, but I will probably cut down the back edge sometime for a better fit. My heavy extension cord with the big 3-way plug fits nicely in the front pocket. All my small tools and accessories fit in the smallest bag, as I hoped. The middle bag is empty for storing the small bag and for taking supplies when I go. There are only a couple very minor problems, which I will correct once I know there aren't going to be warranty issues. None of the pockets are big enough to put a water bottle into, but I think if I removed a seam between 2 of the outside pockets, a bottle would fit. I might just make a separate holder instead though. There are 6 pockets inside on the back wall of the big bag, which I would refer to as plier or screwdriver pockets, fairly narrow. I would like to use them for wider things, so will probably remove seams in those to make 2 wider pockets there, too. If I can figure out how, I want a strap to hold my machine against the front wall of the box so it doesn't flop around. Overall I'm happy with the design of the bags, just might do some small tweaks since the bags were designed for construction tools and not sewing tools.

If anyone needs any detailed specs or pics of the bags, let me know. I will say the quality is far superior to any sewing machine trolley I've ever seen. Nothing flimsy in these bags! We saw several people with this set, so I hope they are as happy as I am with mine. Someone ahead of us had a set she was buying for her son. He uses a 3D printer to print D&D game pieces, and carries the printer, supplies, books, etc to various places and wants the set for that. It made me wonder what other non-construction uses people find for these bags.

We got the serger back, so I hope it's okay now.

It was an interesting shopping trip. Kinda fun to see the crowd and see what everyone else was buying. Everyone was being Minnesota nice, which made it all easier. Most people had carts piled way above the top. (Ours wasn't even full, much less overflowing.) I wonder how much money is going to go through that store today. I'm sure it's a lot!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I restrung 1 necklace including new beads today, it took much longer than it should have. I had finished it off then discovered the stupid clasp I used would not open/close! Also that was my last piece of monofilament, so I had to use a piece of silk cord for the 2nd attempt. The recovered filament MIGHT be long enough for the other necklace, otherwise that might have to wait a while.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am having a quiet day at work today. Most people are out, so I was only given a little bit of work to do. I was able to get caught up on some things.

I generally avoid black Friday sales. Well I generally avoid stores that are not online in general. Well maybe avoid is not the right word. It just does not fit with my current life schedule. Well, I do have to go to pick up a prescription at the grocery store today, but that will probably not be bad.

I am doing a little easy embroidery for this years easy ornaments. I have the word "joy" embroidered on little scraps of white felt. The thread is blue with a little metallic. For backing I have a little bit of blue fabric with snowflakes on it.

I have probably said this before, but I seem to enjoy the embroidery were I am simply embroidering around an outline best. The mindlessness and lack of decisions feels very soothing. I keep thinking it would be fun to do more freeform designs. But...I think this is another case of things not matching up. Sometimes I look at projects and think I would like to do something like that, but it does not always match up with what I enjoy most.

I think crafting goes in phases for me. At some points, I feel like doing challenging things. But other times, I just want to do easy things. During times where I am busy with work or have lots of stuff going on or am going through a rough patch, I just want easy stuff. I feel like challenging things only work for me when my life is going pretty smooth and I feel like I don't have any challenges in my life.

For one of my repair jobs, I tried out visible mending. The idea is to have the mending look like decorative sewing instead of a repair job. I used some pink thread on a green shirt. It was the pink thread made up of three strands of thin pearl cotton. It was really hard to work with. The pearl cotton is much smoother than embroidery floss. I do not have problems with one thread, but three threads together is an issue. On the other hand, it only took a few minutes to make the combined thread, so I don't feel to bad about it.
    KathyB