2019 Stash Management - Page 170
Page 170 of 194 FirstFirst ... 70120160167168169170171172173180 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 2906
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sounds like everyone is keeping busy. Glad you got the bags, SD. Would love to see photos of the inside and how the machine fits, etc.

Dark and drizzling again here today. At least it is not ice. Thought about going over tot he nearest grocery store and grabbing the $4 advertised strip steaks, but it can wait. Supposed to be nicer tomorrow, I can grill them for dinner.

Too dark to do any sewing or needlework. My wrist was really swollen last night, so today I'm just hanging out, taking it easy.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have done exactly nothing today but be a recliner potato and mess about on the internet. Maybe I haven’t recovered from the feasting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Anyone not interested in boring bag details can skip this post and the bag posts to follow.

I'll start with some measurements. My sewing machine is a Brother LX2763. It's small and lightweight, perfect for dragging along away from home. It measures 15.5W x about 13H x 6 D.

This post refers to the large bag, the one with wheels. I think the back and bottom are the same as the pics of the second bag on Menards site above. Bag interior measures 17W x about 12.5 H to the fold x 6.25D from front to wheel wells.

All 4 sides of all 3 bags have rigid material between outer shell and lining. Should protect my machine nicely. No padding.

Bag with machine in it. The white PVC is the legs for my bed extension. Gray skinny thing is extension. Spacing worked out perfectly to keep machine from moving around. Bag came with Velcro at fold of the back, so it was easy to add loops to hold PVC without damaging bag. Lucky! 2019 Stash Management-20191129_165925_1575069988796.jpg

Inside pockets. Wheel wells at back corners. The 7th pocket is on left side near front. Loops of Velcro are what I added. I plan to remove a couple seams eventually to make 2 pockets wider.2019 Stash Management-20191129_170207_1575070238762.jpg

Wide mouth opening with heavy duty zipper. Nice! No fighting a flap to get machine in and out. All 3 bags have the wide mouth feature. 2019 Stash Management-20191129_170403_1575070391978.jpg

Outside pockets. Large center pocket with flap and 2 double pockets on front, plus 3 single pockets on each end.2019 Stash Management-20191129_170242_1575070505107.jpg

The handles are heavy and shaped in the center so they're comfortable.

Any other questions, let me know.

More on the other bags later.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bag #2:
    Inside dimensions: 15.5W x 8.5H x 8D. Three nice inside pockets. 2019 Stash Management-20191129_174543_1575071387436.jpg
    Center pocket with 2 double pockets on front. Flat pocket on each end. Strap on back to slide jacket through or whatever.2019 Stash Management-20191129_174557_1575071617716.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bag #3:
    Inside dimensions: 13W x7H x 6D. Outside pockets same as above, just slightly smaller. Two nice inside pockets. 2019 Stash Management-20191129_175705_1575072085930.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Whoops, wrong button, so here's the rest of post 3.

Backs of bags 2 and 3:
    2019 Stash Management-20191129_175849_1575072338059.jpg

All 3 bags also have card holder for luggage tags.

Hope this helps, CH. 🙂

Sale price for 3 piece set is good through Monday and you might be able to get a rain check if sold out since they carry these all the time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Behold! They fit under the drawer of my industrial machine like they were made for the space! Perfect!2019 Stash Management-20191129_181457_1575072940119.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

spirit that is neat those bags look perfect. boxing day sales are the big thing here but of course black friday deals so had to go to michaels for deals..more yarn lol so rearranged some to fit. ink pens were half price so got them for dd for xmas. and the stuff I had ordered came in just in time her bday today. 2019 Stash Management-michaels.jpg2019 Stash Management-popcolour.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, Martha. I like the new bags much more than I expected to.

One thing I hadn't really considered with the new bags is how much easier they will be to handle than the suitcase I was using, and which I still like. But with the suitcase, I have one heavy chunk of stuff to lift in and out of the van. The new bags will be easier because of being 3 separate lighter chunks to lift individually. I will like that a lot. Much easier on my back.

In my posts above, I forgot to mention the web handles of the two smaller bags slide over the telescoping handle of the big bag, so nothing can fall off. Since the tops of the bags are flat, they also stack fairly securely.

One thing I saw on a sewing trolley is a removable pocket that attaches to the back of the trolley to hold a cutting mat. That would be easy to duplicate and I probably will make a pocket for my new set, too.

Tomorrow I have to make dog food but hope to get back to working on the table runner, too. I can't wait to get it done so I can see what it looks like.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I did end up cutting 1/2" off my sewing machine extension. That allows it to sit upright in the big bag and since it's slightly taller than my machine, it helps protect the little parts sticking out the top. It worked out nicely.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

NWS keeps pushing back the arrival of what they're still calling a historic storm. It was supposed to be here yesterday by 2 PM, then it was 6 AM today, now it's noon. They also are now saying our immediate area is supposed to get minimal snowfall, 1-4 inches. All this is fine by me if it happens. We'll be happy to avoid the brunt of the coming mess. They haven't backed off on the 40 mph winds, so we're likely to lose power. Hope that's the worst that happens. But I want to sew!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD - the bags and your sewing machine are a match made in heaven! I’m glad they’ve worked out so well for you.

There’s now one more thing I don’t have to go to town for. Haircuts. It turns out that LG’s dad is a pretty expert hair cutter. I got a free hair cut last night in my living room as good as anything I get at the walk in places in town. Now, if Kroger would just open a store down the road ....

I need to finish putting the craft clutter away since I didn’t do it yesterday, but I hope it won’t take long. Then I need to go through my patterns and decide which one I want to try the half stitch on. It will be like working a needlepoint. The examples I have seen look good.

Our arriving weather keeps getting delayed too. The whole circulation must have slowed. We’re still in the muggy 70s but that should begin dropping some by evening.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's in the 50's here already, going to be a nice sunny day. I can mark the grid for the cardinal pattern and maybe get a few stitches in. Lots to do today. DH said yes to putting lights up.

SD, the bulk of the storm is sitting over the Dakotas and moving SW. I don't think you'll get much in your area. It's kind of stretching out and breaking up as it moves north. Thanks for the pics of the bags.

Great shopping finds, M! You did better than I did when I was at Michael's earlier this week. I bought a photo storage/gift box to put DH's present in, and a little clump of christmas bells to decorate the mailbox with. It's still fall here.

Oh, DH just set a paper plate on fire in the microwave. Note to self, do not get fancy Thanksgiving plates with gold foil on them next year.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I found out the neighbor I was going to make the pin cushion for isn’t sewing anymore beyond occasional hemming. So guess I’ll make the pincushion for me. Her daughter said she loves coffee and her cocoa at bedtime, so I’m getting her some Ghirardelli cocoa mix packets. That’s all the Christmas shopping done.

Our rain has started so it should begin to cool down.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got the 3 strips of the runner sewed, but one block is in the wrong place so have to correct that. I was multitasking while making dog food, so it could have been worse. I hope I can get this done tomorrow. My schedule looks open for a change. Housework? What housework?