2019 Stash Management - Page 171
Page 171 of 194 FirstFirst ... 71121161168169170171172173174181 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 2906
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, that storm up north is still going, looks like you might get your 'historic' storm after all SD. The back side of it with the cold air is coming our way tonight.

Didn't get any sewing done today, haven't even opened up the stitch kits that arrived the other day.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The snow finally moved in here. They're still saying we could get 7". It'll be interesting to see how bad itwas overnight when we get up in the morning. Duluth is getting slammed, 10 foot waves, high wind, white out, an inch of snow per hour, flooding, power outages, no travel advised. It won't get that bad here, luckily. This storm is rotating like a tropical storm and it's gigantic. It's a good night to be home.

I have to get a good light figured out for my recliner. I should say a good stand. I like my ugly round magnifying light.

Your forecast isn't looking great either, D. Hope you stay safe. Seems like the whole country is having weather issues. Phoenix even had a tornado. Never heard of that before. Hail in Des Moines, tornado in Wisconsin, thundersnow, cats and dogs living together, it's the apocalypse!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary Housewife View Post
    It's in the 50's here already, going to be a nice sunny day. I can mark the grid for the cardinal pattern and maybe get a few stitches in. Lots to do today. DH said yes to putting lights up.

SD, the bulk of the storm is sitting over the Dakotas and moving SW. I don't think you'll get much in your area. It's kind of stretching out and breaking up as it moves north. Thanks for the pics of the bags.

Great shopping finds, M! You did better than I did when I was at Michael's earlier this week. I bought a photo storage/gift box to put DH's present in, and a little clump of christmas bells to decorate the mailbox with. It's still fall here.

Oh, DH just set a paper plate on fire in the microwave. Note to self, do not get fancy Thanksgiving plates with gold foil on them next year.
    lol that is funny. the deals were only 2 day deals fri and sat at michaels that is why they were good. that is why I went too. at least got the xmas stuff down and saw that my old xmas tree is fine. old stuff is better built.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I knit 2 pairs of hand warmers today at dad's. The beige hat was finished Friday. So that beige yarn is almost gone, possibly get a baby hat from the ball that is left. I cast on the dusty pink hat today but got less than 1" done. Maybe tomorrow. I want to finish the necklace I started Friday, it will be quite different than the original, prettier. I was not out of mono-filament after all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have finally gotten to the decluttering point when it starting to fall into place. I can probably get it essentially finished before bed. I’m taking a break for late supper and then I’ll get back too it.

My phone kept popping up severe weather and tornado watches all afternoon but nothing actually happened. There was one hard rain that lasted three or four minutes and a little drizzle now and then. I haven’t looked at any weather to see if anything else is on the way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That is one huge crazy storm. I hope everyone is home safe and snug. It is going to be moving north and east in the coming days. We are having high wind and are expecting more rain/sleet/snow. They say it could get into the 20's by Monday. BRR! I am cold just thinking about it. Glad I went shopping this morning.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It sounds like crazy weather all over. Glad you didn't get the tornados, D. Stay warm, CH. It's still dark here and I haven't looked outside, so don't know how much it snowed here. NWS says Duluth got 16.3" with another 1-2 expected. It will take a while to get them unsnarled.

Martha, my new bags were a Black Friday special, too. I paid $60, marked down from $90. Pretty good discount for tools. That part of the sale runs till tomorrow. I saw them in the ad but didn't think about buyjng them because we don't usually shop BF sales in person. But with the storm coming Friday evening and Husby having to take Mom to a funeral late Friday morning, our only chance to get my serger back before Tuesday or Wednesday was early Friday AM. We had some other stuff we did actually need to get at that store, so that's how we ended up there in the madness. Worked out nicely for me! The pet toys and 2 small appliances we bought dirt cheap were on a door buster 6 hr sale that ended at noon, so that worked nicely for our schedule. I have to admit we had fun. Customers were happy and friendly, nobody was acting all crazy, employees were helpful and well prepared, and management seemed to have everything running smoothly. The only other store we went to, due to our limited time, was a grocery store, which, as you can imagine, was a ghost town. We picked up a cart full of cheap close outs there, which helped defray gas costs for the trip. Then we grabbed the serger 3 minutes after that store opened and ran for home so we could get unloaded and Husby could get Mom to the funeral on time in another town.

I looked at the 2 smaller cutting mats I store on the back of a door so rarely see. One is bigger than I remembered and I wouldn't want to take it somewhere. The other one is about 18x6 and fits in the biggest bag, but only if I bend it a little. I need to give some thought to what to do. I could make a carry case for either of them that hangs off the bag handle. I could cut one of them down to fit the bag. I could buy a new one that fits. I'm not excited about any of those options. Probably making a case for the 6x18 mat makes the most sense. I hate to cut either of them down.

Today's plan is to get the table runner done. Hope I don't have too much trouble matching up all those seams. Have to clean up all the big pans from yesterday, too. Usually I do that right away but my back hurt by the time we got them all empty. Oh, well.

I hope you all get through the bad weather without incident, wherever you are.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've been thinking the Menards Black Friday sale ended tomorrow, but it ends today, Sunday. Just FYI in case it matters to anyone. Don't want to disseminate any fake news here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It looks like we got maybe 4" of snow and never lost power. IOW, our immediate area just got a normal nuisance snowfall. I'm not sure if it's even enough for our plow service to show up. We got lucky with this storm, considering how bad it was elsewhere in the entire state and how dire the forecasts were.

Making progress on the table runner. I laid it out wrong to start with, started to change it, but then realized the mistaken pattern forms the letter S. My friend's last name starts with S. I'm using 4 repeats for the 4 people in their family. I like the personal aspect. Hope she will, too. Still hoping to get this all done today. I got all my corners to match up fairly well, so it seems like the hardest part should be over.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Stash Management-20191201_083632_1575211591210.jpg  

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD that will look great with the green border I think you said was on hand. I finished necklace #2 this morning, 2 items back to "wearable" status. Need a pin or something for the beige hat before I put it in the mail to the chemo patient.

Just rain here. I signed up to go for a 1-3pm ranger-led walk today 5 miles away. If it is just light drizzle then I will go because the dog needs to get accustomed to strange places. Dec 7 is the Scottish Christmas Walk in Alexandria, VA which our dog club participates in, but it is crowded and noisy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the tip about the sale, SD. I probably won't rush out to the store today. If they have that brand all the time then they will be on sale again. Your runner looks great, with two colors nobody will ever know it wasn't what you planned. Happy accidents happen all the time in quilting.

Dlr, hope it clears up enough so you can enjoy your walk.

We are having flurries here this morning. Doesn't look like any rain is coming.

Want to start some stitching, got to do it soon if I'm to make progress by christmas. Hands are swollen but it may be dehydration. It's so dry here with the heat on now. It's even hard to swallow this morning.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Bright sun here today.

I got sidetracked last night - no surprise there - so didn’t finish the decluttering. An hour tops should polish it off today.

Then begins officially the cross stitch year. Mentally setting all the other possible crafts aside, or even moving them out, has really energized me. As has buting some large full coverage projects. I’ve dabbled with them before, but never actually finished any for one reason or another. I’m really excited to get back to stitching after a break to deal with the house.

I’m sure you don’t remember, but I have seasons samplers. I have done winter, summer and fall. The winter one is for December through February, and I will work in those blocks, hence the start of my cross stitch 2020 year today. I’ve decided to defer the big projects I’m itching to really get underway. I need to do some experimenting to decide how I really want to stitch them. First up is to finish the Noel single color piece. Then I am going to focus on the beaded kits for gifts next Christmas. They will take a chunk of time so I really want to get them done. Then I can play with whatever I want to for the rest of the year.

Today or tomorrow I will switch out the fall cross stitches on the bulletin board and put up some Christmas/winter ones. But first, breakfast and decluttering finish.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

that is a good price for the bags spirit. always good to go to a place that is not nuts for sales! dh didn't want to go to any tool sales. not that he doesn't have enough. here boxing day is the bigger day for sales. hope you are feeling better ch! hope everyone is ok w storms.

really not motivated to do anything but should. popped an allergy pill yesterday. fed the hungry outside wildlife. still need to put another suet block out. made eggnog waffles and pasta which I am sure will go to the raccoons and crows. kinda take leftovers and add sauce. kids have dentist and dh origami xmas at library. library runs and think of dinner. if the family liked casseroles would help heat the house and be easy.

when I did a reorg of some yarn to put away stuff I bought found 2 I got on clearance last year. bernat pop which I am not fond of but it was xmas yarn only in canada rudolph red so started a cowl. tans, red, white. for stash. should work on the big projects but...

so hallmark and crocheting most of the day besides errands. dh and ds are helping a friend in the cold. 0 c or 32 f which ever you go by. should take the fall stuff down and put up xmas stuff but don't feel like it. cats are avoiding me because I gave them flea meds. so not much in and out and whining at me the slave.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Martha, the store was packed, just nobody impatient or rude. I don't think they do like some stores do and stock way less items than what they know the demand will be, just to get people in the store. I think that's what causes a lot of the fights you see on the news. But then again, millions of people peacefully shop holiday sales so the crazies have to be a tiny minority.

Got the runner done except making the supreme sacrifice of finishing the binding by hand. I should be able to get it done today so it can go on its way sometime this week and I can get back to DfG stuff. Still lots to do before 1/10, and my suitcase still is not full.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH, Menards frequently has 11% discounts storewide, including sale merchandise, so if you can hit a sale plus 11% off, you might get a pretty good deal. Although the discount is a store rebate, so if you normally don't shop there, it might not help you. We buy lots of stuff at Menards so a store rebate works for us. We get cat food and litter there, tools, paint, all sorts of things since it's the nearest big box home improvement store for us.

Sounds like some of us are already planning 2020 projects. I need to think about priorities here. I was going to work some more on baby gowns, but since I haven't figured out what to do with what I've already made and since I'm doing about 3 yrs worth of DfG stuff with probably more to come in January, I might skip the baby gowns for this winter. We still have a half-painted bathroom in need of attention so I think that has to be a priority after I get the DfG suitcase filled.

Winter is going to go by fast.